• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan: Weekly hardware sales #s

Drakken

Media Create #s, taken from jeuxpo.com:

1.PS2 27,503
2.DS 26,583
3.PSP 25,438
4.GBASP 7,865
5.GC 2,457
6.GBA 796
7.Xbox 217

Pretty poor week for sales.

Hmm, so when is the search function going back up? Oh and yeah, this was posted quite a while ago but it's no fun yelling at people when the search is out. :/

saelz8

Those Xbox sales are horrible. Geez. Yeh, I know it's old news but seeing it reminds me how bad it is. :lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
Ruh roh... so, what are the chances of PSP rebounding anytime soon, taking into consideration what we saw in E3?

Chittagong said:
Ruh roh... so, what are the chances of PSP rebounding anytime soon, taking into consideration what we saw in E3?

I'd imagine by next month the PSP will be back on top again. Although i'll be very surprised if the PSP outsells the DS by more than 4k a month for the remainder of the year, which is absolutely pathetic when you take both systems into account. Software pushes systems although Sony apparently fails to realize this heh.

LowTecky

PSP will be selling more hardware soon, but DS has been/will be selling 10 times as much software. Sony is just throwing away money right now and not getting any back.

Hero

So what's going to be the first game that will sell the PSP? Any guesses? For Sony's sake, something big better come out soon.

Pimpwerx

Looks like the PSP has evicted handheld gaming from the ghetto and moved in. :lol For fuck's sake, Sony. Lower the goddamn price and get some friggin software out there. They've pushed the PSP like one of their overpriced bullshit CE products. Gamers are a different breed, and I don't think that pricetag plays well in the face of a dirth of software. I thought the system was gonna keep rolling along, especially when I thought it would cost $150-200 here. But what games have come out for it in the last...however long? Pathetic. Now there's time to turn that bitch around, but they gotta get their shit together, b/c the same thing's gonna end up happening here in the US. How many weeks in a row is this for the DS now? Losing to Nintendogs...embarassing. PEACE.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Pimpwerx said:
How many weeks in a row is this for the DS now? Losing to Nintendogs...embarassing. PEACE.
It's only been 4 weeks in a row (7 of 8 since the first new DS colours were released).

Pimpwerx said:
They've pushed the PSP like one of their overpriced bullshit CE products.

Never thought of it like that but this is too true in how they've handled it. Sad thing is with the PSP you're not just paying for a name you're actually getting a great piece of hardware, albeit very very underutilized at this point heh. Definitely not the case with their TV's, DVD players, computers, computer monitors, etc.

LowTecky said:
PSP will be selling more hardware soon, but DS has been/will be selling 10 times as much software. Sony is just throwing away money right now and not getting any back.
This has been covered a thousand times. As of a month ago, PSP's tie ratio was quite a bit better. Probably the disparity is not so big now as a month ago, and certainly the DS's 1 million lead helps it sell many more games/non-games overall, but PSP software is being bought. As much as Sony wanted, who knows.

LowTecky

JoshuaJSlone said:
This has been covered a thousand times. As of a month ago, PSP's tie ratio was quite a bit better. Probably the disparity is not so big now as a month ago, and certainly the DS's 1 million lead helps it sell many more games/non-games overall, but PSP software is being bought. As much as Sony wanted, who knows.

Nintendo DS has sold twice the hardware of the PSP, yet they sold seven times the software last week (in the top ten, it's probably even more than that since Kirby, Mario, Wario are hovering in the top 20). This is hardly proportional.

LowTecky said:
Nintendo DS has sold twice the hardware of the PSP, yet they sold seven times the software last week (in the top ten, it's probably even more than that since Kirby, Mario, Wario are hovering in the top 20). This is hardly proportional.
The DS had the most recent major releases of the two, and thanks to Nintendogs being split up into 3 parts was able to take up nearly half of the top 10... but generalizing based on a specific time when things are going really good for it and then only looking at the top 10 is a certain way to get useless information.

LowTecky

If Nitnendogs wasn't 3 titles, there would only be more DS or PS2 titles in there. This has been going on for about 8 weeks now, and I dont really see an end in sight.

Top Bottom