• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Lowers MSRP on 17 titles August 14th (PS3 and Vita)

Again, GAF's stance has always been "put up or shut up" when it comes to "inside sources". Nothing new here. If it doesn't have an official source, it's rumor.

Well that's fine then. I don't mind this being labeled as "rumor" until next week, if a mod wants to change the thread title, have at it!

Boss Man

Well that's fine then. I don't mind this being labeled as "rumor" until next week, if a mod wants to change the thread title, have at it!
Yeah, I don't have any reason to doubt you but this should be labeled as rumor anyhow.

The God of War: Origins discount seems obvious with that awesome new $30 five game GoW bundle coming out with the kick ass box art.

All signs are starting to point towards a soon-to-be announced supercheap, superslim PS3. That plus this holiday's lineup from first party (PS All-Stars, Sly Cooper, LBP: Karting, Wonderbook) are making it look like they're satisfied with their core stuff (with more coming in 2013), and that this holiday will be their effort at the big broad family audience.

Zavvi has it for £14.95 but I'm not sure how much they charge for US delivery

Thanks but I'm sure shipping would kill the deal. Besides, this is one title I'd love to have DD and on the system at all times. That price will only change if the MSRP does (hopefully).

Lucent

Yeah, I don't have any reason to doubt you but this should be labeled as rumor anyhow.

The God of War: Origins discount seems obvious with that awesome new $30 five game GoW bundle coming out with the kick ass box art.

All signs are starting to point towards a soon-to-be announced supercheap, superslim PS3. That plus this holiday's lineup from first party (PS All-Stars, Sly Cooper, LBP: Karting, Wonderbook) are making it look like they're satisfied with their core stuff (with more coming in 2013), and that this holiday will be their effort at the big broad family audience.

I think only Ratchet and Clank collection is $30. GoW and Infamous are gonna be $40. Read that on Kotaku and the Playstation blog. That's kinda where they trick you with the "starting at $29.99" thing. Would've been great if all three were $30 though. =l But I do agree that the box art for the collections is nice. Much better than having a red case.

Varth

actually, I think you can find proof yourself, if it's not been canceled in the last week. On amazon.it I stumbled onto a lot of titles, many also by ubisoft, labelled as PS3 essentials (like the psp line), going for 19,99. I think I saw some boxart with the new logo, too. Didn't realize it was much of a secret :))

olimpia84

Will get UC3 for that price. I know the GOTY edition is coming out soon but I'm interested in the multiplayer at all so this will work out for me.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'll snag that Jak and Daxter Collection for sure. I already have Sly HD, and Ratchet HD is pre-ordered for later this month, J&D will complete the PS2 Platformer Triplets HD for me.

Boss Man

I think only Ratchet and Clank collection is $30. GoW and Infamous are gonna be $40. Read that on Kotaku and the Playstation blog. That's kinda where they trick you with the "starting at $29.99" thing. Would've been great if all three were $30 though. =l But I do agree that the box art for the collections is nice. Much better than having a red case.
I think Newegg or something had it listed at $30, but yeah I had originally assumed it wouldn't be $30. I guess it was just a mistake on the listing. Even at $40 that still makes the older bundle seem worthless (or worth less...har) though.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
So what would that be in UK pounds, cuz obviously Sony ain't dropping games like Wipeout 2047 to a tenner now are they

Some good prices, but 39.99 for Uncharted as a discounted price is ridiculous. That's what it should have been. They need to drop the price of the Vita to make these new game prices truly attractive.

Waiting for Twisted Metal to hit $20, same with Unit 13. I'm either uninterested or already own all the rest. I can't believe that Uncharted: Golden Abyss DROPPED to $40. How the hell can a portable game possibly launch at any more than that. Their strategy with the Vita makes no sense at all. At least I have Soundshapes to play for the rest of the life of the system, since it doesn't appear that anything else worth owning is ever coming out for it.

DR2K

Banned
Interested in Gran Turismo 5 XL, how much content have they added since release is it all in the XL edition?

ohlawd

Buying that God of War Origins Collection :)

I've got no interest in the other games on that list but I hope everyone who were interested before dive in right now because those prices rock.

So getting the Uncharted 3 for $20. Been waiting too long already for that game. Pikmin 2 is done and now its time for the next game on my list.

GatorBait

Well damn...I just bought a used copy of Uncharted 3 a couple weeks ago for almost $20 more. :(

Screwed on the front-end by a pre-drop price, and screwed on the back-end by the decrease in credit I'll get when trading it in!

Himself

Been waiting for Jak to drop. Gon git it. Still waiting for 30 for Golden Abyss.

Just sold my used copy of God of War Origins for 27. I kinda feel bad, but I've been burned by random price drops before and so it goes I guess.

omonimo

Banned
Wait a minute that means uncharted 3 at € 19,99 too in euro zone? O_O Good for my pocket if true... I hope will be on psn too...

Lucent

I think Newegg or something had it listed at $30, but yeah I had originally assumed it wouldn't be $30. I guess it was just a mistake on the listing. Even at $40 that still makes the older bundle seem worthless (or worth less...har) though.

True. I'll probably get those eventually. But seeing as how Jak and Daxter is supposedly gonna be $19.99, I'm gonna have to jump on that first. Plus, I already plan on picking up Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6, and Persona 4 Golden (possibly Assassins Creed 3 but I might wait for Black Friday on that) in the coming months so I'm already gonna have too much to play besides my backlog. >_<

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Might repurchase Infamous 2 at that price. Hot Shots on Vita is tempting as well, even though it's been that price at Walmart.

mkernan

Neo Member
Some great prices in there. I've already got all the listed Vita games though, except for Little Deviants and Reality Fighters, which I really don't have any interest in, anyway.

Bladenic

HOLY SHIT this is wonderful news. Good thing I held out on U3. Infamous 2, Jak, and GW Origins will be mine as well. Love you Sony.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll be getting Gran Turismo 5 at that price.

One paid track and free DLC car I think.

All of the new and improved features and functionality from all free downloadable game updates up through Spec 2.0 included on the disc.

Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.

That means you get Spa, the two variations of the karting track (Kart Space) and 19 cars. Since XL they've added two tracks (Motegi and Speed Test) and 6 cars.

Man.. I've spent too much on games this month, but Uncharted 3 for $20 sounds great to me. Does anyone know if it did well? I haven't heard much from/about U3 so I might wait a bit before I buy. Are the prices temp or permanent?

Next Tuesday, retailers nationwide will be permanently dropping prices on 17 titles published by Sony on the PS3 and Vita.

Holy..
Fuck...
King.. Awesome!!!

Grinchy

Banned
answering my own question, after attempting to navigate sony's horrendous web store, i guess the answer is no.

still would buy from store. i prefer physical disks anyway.

Damn. I just got a $20 PSN card. If UC3 was on the store I'd totally use it for that. Maybe I'll wait until tomorrow and see if it magically goes up before I just spend it on Sound Shapes.

We getting an official Sony PR blog about this, they going to secretly lower the prices, or does this turn into a rumor that never happened?

Top Bottom