• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Bladenic
Member
(08-09-2012, 05:58 AM)
Bladenic's Avatar
So I'm finally about to play Mass Effect 2 after all this time. Game finally installs, I input the code, then get the error message. Strange. Read the fine print and notice that it expired on the first of this year. Does this mean I have to repurchase the Cerberus Network access or something? I want Zaeed and the armor/weapon. Either way this killed my boner for starting the game.
Nori Chan
Member
(08-09-2012, 06:01 AM)
Nori Chan's Avatar
Funny thing is, I did the same for the 360 and it expired the same date, but with all luck, it actually worked, so I didn't have a problem.

Maybe you should email them something about you buying the game new and hopefully they'll send you a new code for it. Just a suggestion.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(08-09-2012, 06:08 AM)
EatChildren's Avatar
If it's expired then yeah, you're shit out of luck for that code. You could try contacting EA support and give them the sob story / disappointed customer thing, and they might issue you a proper code. I had a fuck-up with Dragon Age way back where the DLC code I got didn't work. They verified I owned the game and sent me a new one. Try their live chat.
ShockingAlberto
Member
(08-09-2012, 06:09 AM)
ShockingAlberto's Avatar
You likely have to contact EA.
Bladenic
Member
(08-09-2012, 06:14 AM)
Bladenic's Avatar
I'll call the number provided tomorrow. Should I play up the angry/disappointed card or is it reasonable to expect another code will be easily given? I did only pay 12 bucks for the game so I suppose I can cough up the 15 bucks for the Cerberus Network if I really must.
diamount
Member
(08-09-2012, 06:16 AM)
diamount's Avatar
They'll either give you a new or reactivaite it. Don't worry, just contact them. Live chat is usually quickest.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(08-09-2012, 06:17 AM)
EatChildren's Avatar
*shrug* Explain the situation with disappointment, and if they start going on about how you don't get a code (or something like that) then maybe put on the frustrated customer thing. It's true, after all.

I had no trouble with the Dragon Age thing, but I had the game registered to my BioWare social account, so they could instantly see I owned a legit, retail copy of the game yet didn't have the DLC registered. They gave me a new code on the spot.

Good luck!
Sajjaja
(08-09-2012, 07:03 AM)
Sajjaja's Avatar
What's funny is that I was gonna pick this up on my PS3 tomorrow just so I can essentially port my PC choices onto my PS3 so I can play ME3.

Now you have me worried as to whether or not I should buy it, cause I really want that interactive story to save Wrexfrom ME1.
Speedymanic
Banned
(08-09-2012, 07:14 AM)
Speedymanic's Avatar
Why would the cerberus code expire? Seems pretty shitty of EA to put in codes they know will expire and then expect people to buy the pass even though they bought the game new.

I thought EA couldn't go any lower. :/
Sajjaja
(08-09-2012, 07:43 PM)
Sajjaja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Speedymanic

Why would the cerberus code expire? Seems pretty shitty of EA to put in codes they know will expire and then expect people to buy the pass even though they bought the game new.

I thought EA couldn't go any lower. :/


I just bought it and it says on the box that the Cerberus Network code would expire January 1st 2012. Thankfully mine worked no problem.
ShutEye
Member
(08-09-2012, 07:48 PM)
ShutEye's Avatar
Oddly enough I have always had EA rectify situations through their customer service ( Dragon Age & Mass Effect 3 technical troubles). It often took some time & was frustrating but EA in the end always compensated me for the trouble.

I'd contact EA support and try and get them to reactivate.
ecierif
Member
(08-09-2012, 07:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Bladenic

So I'm finally about to play Mass Effect 2 after all this time. Game finally installs, I input the code, then get the error message. Strange. Read the fine print and notice that it expired on the first of this year. Does this mean I have to repurchase the Cerberus Network access or something? I want Zaeed and the armor/weapon. Either way this killed my boner for starting the game.

You should contact EA and explain the situation. I purchased Skate 3 last month. New copies are supposed to include a code for online features but my copy did not include one. I had to talk to customer service and show a scan of my receipt and he gave me a code. It's annoying, but your only other option is probably paying for it.
Sora_N
Member
(08-09-2012, 08:02 PM)
Sora_N's Avatar
My code worked too, opened the game 2 months ago.
Klendathu Club Owner
Member
(08-09-2012, 08:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Bladenic

I did only pay 12 bucks for the game so I suppose I can cough up the 15 bucks for the Cerberus Network if I really must.

I would really think about that. The free stuff like Zaeed isn't anything worthwhile, so you'd need to invest even more money to get the good DLC. On top of the 15 bucks for the network card would come another 10 for Lair of the Shadow Broker, for example. Tht's an awesome add-on, but not 25$-awesome. I'd just youtube that stuff^^
Darth Pinche
Member
(08-09-2012, 09:07 PM)
Darth Pinche's Avatar
I just bought Mass Effect 2 and my code worked. I agree with contacting EA for a new code.
Reluctant-Hero
Member
(08-09-2012, 09:11 PM)
Reluctant-Hero's Avatar
If you don't mind purchasing ME2 from PSN for $20, the download will provide full access to the Cerebrus Network. None of that expired code bullshit.
Bladenic
Member
(08-09-2012, 09:49 PM)
Bladenic's Avatar
So I'm trying the live chat and it's a disaster so far lol. I tried calling too and the automatic voice just directed me to the website. Lol what a mess.
Dr Stabbingworth
Member
(08-09-2012, 09:54 PM)
Dr Stabbingworth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bladenic

Either way this killed my boner for starting the game.

I know that feeling but to be honest, Zaeed sucks and the weapons are inconsequential. It would be a shame if you didn't play it because of that.
Bladenic
Member
(08-09-2012, 10:10 PM)
Bladenic's Avatar
Well I want the Genesis interactive comic so I can do the same decisions I had in the first game. What's the default setting if you don't do that part? Ashley/Kaidan and Wrex being the biggest things. The romance option too.

Edit: The live chat said he made some changes to my account since he asked for my PSN ID. Dunno what they were because he didnt exlain, I still don't have the Cerberus Network and the code of course doesnt work still. I tried to tell him but he hasn't responded. Sigh. I just went ahead and started the game.
Last edited by Bladenic; 08-09-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Sajjaja
(08-09-2012, 10:36 PM)
Sajjaja's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bladenic

Well I want the Genesis interactive comic so I can do the same decisions I had in the first game. What's the default setting if you don't do that part? Ashley/Kaidan and Wrex being the biggest things. The romance option too.

Edit: The live chat said he made some changes to my account since he asked for my PSN ID. Dunno what they were because he didnt exlain, I still don't have the Cerberus Network and the code of course doesnt work still. I tried to tell him but he hasn't responded. Sigh. I just went ahead and started the game.

As far as I know, default is that Kaiden and Wrex are dead by default. As are the council and rachni queen.
Bladenic
Member
(08-09-2012, 10:46 PM)
Bladenic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sajjaja

As far as I know, default is that Kaiden and Wrex are dead by default. As are the council and rachni queen.

Holy shit. So basically worst outcome to everything... Well I originally kept Ashley and bedded her, though the opening makes me think Liara was the bedded one... The guy told me to delete the files and now I'm reinstalling. But he said the changes he made would allow me to play the game... I tried to explain that wasn't the issue but I just gave up. Think I'll just buy the network. Or just go ahead and play through it like it is. Not feeling Wrex being dead but he's not even playable in this game, is he playable in 3? I'm guessing his story still gets resolved though.
Bisnic
Really Really Exciting Member!
(08-09-2012, 10:58 PM)
Bisnic's Avatar

Originally Posted by Bladenic

Not feeling Wrex being dead but he's not even playable in this game, is he playable in 3? I'm guessing his story still gets resolved though.

He's not playable in Mass Effect 3, but he has a much bigger presence than in ME2(which is like only 5-10 minutes lol). If he is dead, he will be replaced by his less friendly, asshole brother. In other words, you're better with Wrex alive.
Last edited by Bisnic; 08-09-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Bladenic
Member
(08-09-2012, 11:15 PM)
Bladenic's Avatar
I'm just gonna go ahead and play the game as is. Pretty sour on the whole deal honestly. I guess I could try contacting again but it was pretty annoying the first time around and nothing got resolved. I'm just gonna go ahead and play, even though the fact that it's all the worst outcomes makes me pretty mad.

Thread Tools