• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dishonored screenshots

Haunted

Internet Explorer does not allow that.
image.php

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Painterly textures bitch, aww yeaaah!

Game looks great. Love the stylish designs of the characters.

Painterly textures will not do for this PC gamer! I demand only the most extremely detailed, photorealistic textures. It's the only way to objectively quantify graphical quality and therefore the only way to truly justify to myself and others the amount of money, time, and effort that I spend on my PC.

Dennis

Banned
Painterly textures will not do for this PC gamer! I demand only the most extremely detailed, photorealistic textures. It's the only way to objectively quantify graphical quality and therefore the only way to truly justify to myself and others the amount of money, time, and effort that I spend on my PC.

Well said.

Derrick01

Banned
Game looks great for what it is. These types of games are always behind the times a bit in graphics but always ahead of the rest of the class in gameplay, where it matters.

Dennis

Banned
You gotta feel bad for Dishonored.

10 minutes after new GTA V screenshots lands and already Dishonored is yesterdays news and relegated to Page 2........

Derrick01

Banned
You gotta feel bad for Dishonored.

10 minutes after new GTA V screenshots lands and already Dishonored is yesterdays news and relegated to Page 2........

That's the story of this game's life on this forum. It's a lot like Sleeping Dogs was before it came out, no one cared.

People like to talk about wanting new stuff but all it takes is a screenshot from big AAA sequel number 7 and here we are.

derFeef

As weird as it sounds, but I know I am going to enjoy a game when it get's mostly ignored here.

That's the story of this game's life on this forum. It's a lot like Sleeping Dogs was before it came out, no one cared.

People like to talk about wanting new stuff but all it takes is a screenshot from big AAA sequel number 7 and here we are.

Exactly. Dishonored GI cover reveal was a great example for that. Everyone was joking around "ehh, sequel X, shooter that, we want new stuff" - but then NEW IP! and everyone goes "....".

Derrick01

Banned
Exactly. Dishonored GI cover reveal was a great example for that. Everyone was joking around "ehh, sequel X, shooter that, we want new stuff" - but then NEW IP! and everyone goes "....".

I hear ya, it's eye roll inducing. I remember the south park GI reveal thread.

"SOUTH PARK GAME, WAT?? WHERE'S MY HALF LIFE 3, SHENMUE 3, GTA 5, GOD OF WAR 4, KILLZONE 4?"

Hindle

Banned
The game looks cool, and the gameplay will be the main focus for this, if you want incredibly detailed graphics go elsewhere.

.la1n

This is one of the only day one purchases for me this year, love the genre, love the art direction. Every game play video has showed unique promise on how to approach every scenario. Hope it lives up to my (admittedly high) expectations.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
really hate the art direction of this game. completely turns me off of what otherwise sounds pretty promising.

Eideka

Banned
Nah it's right there, the AA in the pics is enough to divulge the platform.

Not necessarily, they can add tons of AA onto console screens.

I know someone who work for a gaming website (from my country) and he confirmed to me that the PC version he played had higher quality post-processing effects (namely higher quality motion blur) and better textures.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Getting a huge Bioshock feel from this. Not in the way that it looks necessarily, but moreso that it's going to be a well rounded package in terms of gameplay and story. I'm definitely interested.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Not necessarily, they can add tons of AA onto console screens.

Well granted, but that wouldn't constitute an actual console version. Taking some debug screens with 32x SSAA @0.1 fps isn't really indicative of the actual console version.

What I'm trying to get at is that when you "add tons of" stuff to it then it's pretty much the pc version.

Eideka

Banned
Well granted, but that wouldn't constitute an actual console version. Taking some debug screens with 32x SSAA @0.1 fps isn't really indicative of the actual console version.

What I'm trying to get at is that when you "add tons of" stuff to it then it's pretty much the pc version.

Sure, but the PC version is more than a PS360 build with good AA. As I've stated Arkane have a very good track record when it comes to their PC versions.
I trust my friend on this one, he played both the 360 and the PC version.

I really want this, but I'm so afraid it's going to be too scripted/set-piece driven. With prerecorded scenes/animations/dialogue everywhere.

System Shock 1, Ultima Underworld, Deus Ex 1 did not really have that feeling.. but I can't stand this in modern games. I literally lose interest the moment I feel constrained.

I'll have to wait and see.

You say it like it's weird but it's all about how games play. It's weird if it's the other way.

That's entirely subjective.

I want to say I like the look, but there's just something not quite right about it. I don't know if it's the texturing or the blockiness of the models or the mismatch between the quality of the visual effects and everything else...

I really want this, but I'm so afraid it's going to be too scripted/set-piece driven. With prerecorded scenes/animations/dialogue everywhere.

System Shock 1, Ultima Underworld, Deus Ex 1 did not really have that feeling.. but I can't stand this in modern games. I literally lose interest the moment I feel constrained.

I'll have to wait and see.

The gameplay they've shown doesn't appear to back up those fears, seems pretty open and not overly script/set piece driven...but footage can be deceptive.

teokrazia

My aesthetic feelings about this game are a mixed bag: sometimes I find it truly sexy, sometimes it looks modest.
BTW, is the only 'AAA' game I'm really waiting this year.
I hope they don't screw it, especially in polishing and balance.

Top Bottom