- Developer - FROM Software
- Publisher(s) - FROM Software / NAMCO Bandai Games
- Director - Hidetaka Miyazaki
- Platform(s) - Windows PC / Games for Windows – LIVE®
- Rating(s) CERO: D / ESRB: M / PEGI: 16
- Worldwide: August 24th, 2012
- Availability: Digital [NA/PAL] / Retail [PAL]
- Price: $ 39.99 /£ 29.99 /€ 39.99
New Content For PC
- New Bosses – Including Black Dragon, Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias of the Abyss.
- PVP Arena & Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for players to play 1vs1, 2vs2, and 4 player battle royal.
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Township, Oolacile Sanctuary, Royal Wood, Battle of Stoicism which is the training ground for online PVP battles.
- New Enemies – Including Wooden scarecrows, Chained Prisoner, Stone Knight.
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough, Elizabeth (keeper of the sanctuary).
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs.
Dark Souls is the new action role-playing game from the developers who brought you Demon’s Souls, FromSoftware. Dark Souls will have many familiar features: A dark fantasy universe, tense dungeon crawling, fearsome enemy encounters and unique online interactions. Dark Souls is a spiritual successor to Demon’s, not a sequel. Prepare for a new, despair-inducing world, with a vast, fully-explorable horizon and vertically-oriented landforms. Prepare for a new, mysterious story, centered around the world of Lodran, but most of all, prepare to die. You will face countless murderous traps, countless darkly grotesque mobs and several gargantuan, supremely powerful demons and dragons bosses. You must learn from death to persist through this unforgiving world. And you aren’t alone. Dark Souls allows the spirits of other players to show up in your world, so you can learn from their deaths and they can learn from yours. You can also summon players into your world to co-op adventure, or invade other's worlds to PVP battle. New to Dark Souls are Bonfires, which serve as check points as you fight your way through this epic adventure. While rested at Bonfires, your health and magic replenish but at a cost, all mobs respawn. Beware: There is no place in Dark Souls that is truly safe. With days of game play and an even more punishing difficulty level, Dark Souls will be the most deeply challenging game you play this year. Can you live through a million deaths and earn your legacy?
- Extremely Deep, Dark & Difficult - Unforgiving in its punishment, yet rewarding for the determined – learn to strategize freely and conquer seemingly impossible challenges.
- Fully Seamless World - Explore a completely integrated world of dark fantasy where dungeons and areas are seamlessly intertwined, with great height.
- Mastery Earns Progression - Contains 60 hours of gameplay, with nearly 100 uniquely despair-inducing monsters & an incredibly nuanced RPG systems including: weaponry, armor, miracles, faith, and more. Player success depends on their eventual mastery of how and when to use the magic spells, choice of armor, the number of weapons, the types of weapons, and the moves attached to the weapons.
- Network Play - Players may cross paths with one another, invading each other for PVP battles, or to play co-op and take on giant boss encounters as a team.
- Flexible Character Development & Role Play - As the player progresses, they must carefully choose which of their character’s abilities to enhance as this will determine their progression style.
- Community - See other real players and empathize with their journey, learn from seeing how others died, find and leave messages for your fellow players; helping them or leading them into death.
- Symbolic of Life & Hope - The Bonfire is an important feature in Dark Souls for many reasons. Though in gameplay it serves as a health and magic recovery and a progression check point, it also happens to be the one place in the dark world where players can find a fleeting moment of warmth and calm.
- OS: Windows XP , Windows Vista, Windows 7, or newer
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 GHz+ or AMD Phenom II X2 545 3.0 GHz+
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 8GB
- Video Card: GeForce 9800 GTX+ or ATI Radeon HD 4870+
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Sound: Direct Sound Compatible
- Additional: Online play requires software installation of and log-in to Games For Windows - LIVE
- Prepare to Die Edition GGD / Trailer
- Gamescom 2012 / Trailer
- Artorias of the Abyss / Trailer
- Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Launch / Trailer*SPOILERS BELOW
DARK SOULS™: PREPARE TO DIE™ EDITION ON PC NOW AVAILABLE ACROSS EUROPE AND AUSTRALASIA
- The Critically Acclaimed Action-RPG Coming to PC gamers today -
CERGY PONTOISE, FRANCE – 24 August 2012 - NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe today announced that Dark Souls TM : Prepare to Die™ Edition on PCis now available at retailers and through Steam and Games For Windows Marketplace across Europe and Australasia. This special, content-enhanced edition of the critically acclaimed Action-RPG developed by FromSoftware will be finely-tuned to cater to the PC gaming audience while retaining all of the deep challenge, rich atmosphere, and compelling gameplay that made the game a worldwide phenomenon. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on the PC platform will also include an enhanced PVP mode allowing players to more closely assemble battles against one another online in an all-out fight to the death that fans have demanded . The day one edition willinclude a stunning art book featuring art from the new Artorias of the Abyss game content, the original soundtrack CD, a DVD containing the complete behind the scenes video series, poster and postcards.
Dark Souls TM : Prepare to Die™ Edition will include sprawling new maps and environments; new boss characters, enemies and non-playable characters; an arsenal of new weapons and armour; and additional challenging content for stalwart heroes to face as they return to the deadly world of Lordran. Players will also experience an as yet untold chapter in Dark Souls lore set in the dying kingdom of magic known as Oolacile. Unwillingly taken by the abyss and sent back in time, the player becomes the only one who can save Oolacile from the spreading darkness that threatens to engulf the kingdom and all of its people.Aseparate retail edition of the Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition including Dark Souls™ original game and the new in game content will be coming to Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 on October 26th.
With tense dungeon crawling and fearsome enemy encounters, the seamlessly intertwined world of Dark SoulsTM is full of extreme battles, rewarding challenges, nuanced weaponry and magic, and the flexibility to customize each character to suit any desired play style. The innovative online component allows gamers to draw from the collective experience of the Dark Souls community as they either help or sabotage each other on the journey through the world of Lordran to save the land from darkness. With a massive, seamless open world design, Dark souls encourages deep exploration and an adaptable gameplay experience.
Dark Souls TM : Prepare to Die™ Edition on PC is available throughout Europe and Australasia today. Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will be available for Xbox 360® and PlayStation®3 in Europe and Australasia on October 26th. For more information on the game please visit www.facebook.com/DarkSouls, www.PrepareToDie.com.
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on PC is the first game published by Namco Bandai Games Europe that will include game registration. This brand new feature will enable users to collect loyalty points when they register their game on www.namcobandaigames.eu/register, these collected points will be redeemable against downloadable contents or rare and exclusive items in the VIP Corner (www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/vipcorner) for free .
^-¬Thank you, TheExodu5 for this banner.