• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

zkylon

zkylewd
Just got my key from GMG (no email, just went to the site and it was there in the keys section). Redeemed on Steam alright, though no preoder and no Grid Icon just yet lol

Actually, this code does look like it should work in Steam but it just isn't working. Steam supports this type of code. The fuck!

Edit: NVM I needed the dashes. Code works. I'm a twit!

Here's a good comparison of the "blur" of the internal res compared to a scene in the Witcher 2

http://i.imgur.com/JKq6D.jpg

JKq6D.jpg

(can't really tell from the quoted image - click the link to see it in full res - its a big pic)

I think I might end up getting this. I imagine it will at least look better than the PS3 version? Also, is the additional content going to be made available as DLC for console owners?

zkylon

zkylewd
Is people being able to preload? It just says "Dark Souls Pre-Order" for me (GMG key) and I just reset Steam and nothing...

Durante

You fixed the resolution! Before launch!
I did. Took me 23 minutes, without source access. (I dedicate this to the people that told me I'm unreasonable when I lambasted From for not doing something that takes a few hours at most in the other thread)

data2012-08-2319-29-00ojjb.png

(This is rendering at 2048x1440 noAA btw.)

I'll make a thread when it's in a state ready to release

didamangi

I did. Took me 23 minutes, without source access. (I dedicate this to the people that told me I'm unreasonable when I lambasted From for not doing something that takes a few hours at most in the other thread)

Do a comparison shot man. Awesome job :)

Sethos

Banned

Nice man, anything on the framerate?

data2012-08-2319-29-00ojjb.png

Can you pretty please upload it to imgur? abload is blocked for whatever reason (at college library on laptop)

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Any problems reviewers have mentioned besides the fact that it will look and feel like an xbox game? 30 fps and 720 kinda suck, but I've never played a game from this series and would like to be there at launch.

_machine

The devs really are useless.

The UI doesn't even look bad, though I wonder why the text doesn't scale that well. Once the price drops below 20€ I think I'll get it.

Kudos to you, Durante!

Top Bottom