• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 1-2

Being Yui's friend doesn't seem like the most lucky thing.
Didn't know Koda Kumi did the Opening for this. I like the song, but the opening itself is one of the laziest jobs around.
Another one joins the fold. Excellent.
Thomas Romain has worked in Satelight for ages now. There are quite a few European foreigners in their art department actually. It's interesting.
Yes, he created the original concept of Basquash! alongside Kawamori. He also created the Code Lyoko and Oban Star Racers series.
Baka gaijins, stop embarrassing us!

wonzo

Banned
LOGH 19
logh19.jpg
logh19a.jpg

Holy shit, I totally didn't see
Greenhill playing a role in the coup d'état
coming at all.

Ok, that's great. :)
Being a big fan of Sailor Moon I'll probably have more for you in the future then. Actually, I can tell you right now that the next episode, episode 21, is one of the Ikuhara directed episode.
Awesome, I'm definitely looking forward to more random bits of trivia. :)

Kagami

Kokoro Connect 01

Now this is kind of an interesting idea. Yet another "club anime" which seems to be all the rage lately. except now the girls and guys are switching souls/bodies/whatever. Interesting idea. Could be hilarious. Im pretty intrigued by it. Also, the BGM is really unique for this kind of show. It kind of lends to the atmosphere of confusion. Good stuff. Will continue.
The first episode is really good and full of promise.
I feel it went somewhat downhill later, especially animation-wise, but I'm hopping it picks up again in the next arc.

Soma

Posters who like Kokoro Connect:
jbug617
Jarmel
Defuser
yn-neko hates a cat
kayos90
Thoraxes
PoeticProse22
Articalys
Stulaw
darkside
Kagami

Ehhh might as well add me to that list too. I'm enjoying it though i'm not in love with it at the moment.

Though speaking of which;

Kokoro Kinect Episode 06

ii7A2KCH9PYJs.jpg
ijLDxVQyVVhJY.jpg

Oh hey new arc new power dealie.

I honestly kinda like this one a bit more than the previous one if only for the potential this could bring about. These new developments seem pretty interesting though I found it a bit weird how after
Inaba more or less just confessed her true feeling for him in front of everyone, Taichi and Iori kinda just swept all that under the rug.
In any case I hope this new arc lives up to its potential. Also, dat Inaba. Not like she's got much competition in this show but yeah she's def best girl next to Fujishima.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Kokoro Connect has more positive impressions in this thread than most shows this season do. Maybe you just missed it in all the SAO talk. :)

jbug617
Jarmel
Defuser
yn-neko hates a cat
kayos90
Thoraxes
PoeticProse22
Articalys
Stulaw
darkside
Kagami
There's only 1 or 2 people with good taste there.

Gundam 08th MS Team episode 4
Am really enjoying this, some of my favorite action scenes and one of the better protagonists.
kinda feels more like an actual war.

Kokoro Connect has more positive impressions in this thread than most shows this season do. Maybe you just missed it in all the SAO talk. :)

jbug617
Jarmel
Defuser
yn-neko hates a cat
kayos90
Thoraxes
PoeticProse22
Articalys
Stulaw
darkside
Kagami

I like it also, second favorite show this year.

Articalys

For clarification, according to the show's Twitter account, it seems the newest Chuunibyou PV is in fact NOT the actual show OP, and is just a promotional OP made for this occasion. The song in it was called "Kimi e" and was also by ZAQ.

Kagami

Kokoro Kinect Episode 06

I found it a bit weird how after
Inaba more or less just confessed her true feeling for him in front of everyone, Taichi and Iori kinda just swept all that under the rug.
You mean the scene where Inaba explained
jumping on Taichi in the clubroom?
Or something else?

cajunator

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYJ1_gFZws

Another new Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai PV! This seems to be a special promotional OP and not the show's actual OP.

That was very beautiful. Not the OP but a pretty song and visuals. Twintails, ahoge, eyepatch and mauser pistols. Sign me up.

jbug617
Jarmel
Defuser
yn-neko hates a cat
kayos90
Thoraxes
PoeticProse22
Articalys
Stulaw
darkside
Kagami

Add me to this list.

Nice song, but pretty boring video. The composition is pretty mundane for KyoAni, and I really dislike the way the backgrounds look on this show. Just looks... off.

The art and general coloring looks similar to some of Hyouka's "fantasy" stylings, such as the beginning of episode 3. I doubt the show itself will look exactly like that.

I think it's more interesting that all PVs have completly different styles, either the show will be a clusterfuck or that's a cry for help because the staff would love to do something different than your standard KyoAni school anime.

I think it's more interesting that all PVs have completly different styles, either the show will be a clusterfuck

That this show will have two distinct sides - the delusional and the real - is something that has been emphasized from day one.

or that's a cry for help because the staff would love to do something different than your standard KyoAni school anime.

Considering KyoAni is the primary impetus behind this show, it being an adaptation of a light novel that they're publishing themselves, that's doubtful.

Soma

You mean the scene where Inaba explained
jumping on Taichi in the clubroom?
Or something else?

Yeah it was like they're already aware of this new power and what it entails at that point so it felt like they just ignored it. Well I know she would've rather had kept it under the rug as such but even in the conversation between Iori and Taichi later in the episode it wasn't even touched upon.

Unless I just missed something...

Or it ends up coming up again in a later episode.

That's how it works; you either have good taste or you don't. Not everyone is born to be part of the elite after all.

Facetious or not, it's still a bit of a dick thing to say but whatevs. Just my two cents.

cajunator

Banned
That this show will have two distinct sides - the delusional and the real - is something that has been emphasized from day one.

Considering KyoAni is the primary impetus behind this show, it being an adaptation of a light novel that they're publishing themselves, that's doubtful.

Thats whats most exciting about it to me. I love when shows blend fantasy with reality. Hopefully they do it like Satoshi Kon did it.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I don't really care if you were referring to me or not. It is just extremely rude to pull that shit.
What's rude about laying down the truth bombs? :D we wouldn't be able to use the words "good taste" and "bad taste" if everyone had good taste!

Lain

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 3

Japs? Japanese doll? This American guy is a bit of a racist dick. Yui not fighting is somewhat disappointing, I was already imagining more
of her friends dieing all around her in battle one after the other
... actually no, it's disappointing because I thought she'd have a more active role than what it seems she'll have during actual fights. The white haired duo will have to make up for it.

OceanBlue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtYJ1_gFZws

Another new Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai PV! This seems to be a special promotional OP and not the show's actual OP.

That felt weird. By the end, I didn't know if the PV matched the song at all.

I also agree with Duckroll that it was kinda boring. To be honest, I'm not as excited about the chuunibyou aspect as I am about an Ishihara-directed romance, but they've really been promoting the chuunibyou aspect so I'm a little interested in seeing what they'll do with it.

Edit: Also, I love seeing these remarks about KyoAni projects. Something about them just makes me feel good about being the audience that KyoAni is making shows for. :D
Jesus fuck, can't you at least once use your money for something good?! Just once...

Kagami

Yeah it was like they're already aware of this new power and what it entails at that point so it felt like they just ignored it. Well I know she would've rather had kept it under the rug as such but even in the conversation between Iori and Taichi later in the episode it wasn't even touched upon.
Inaba explained it away as "I saw a photo on the internet that made me horny and Taichi just happened to be handy when the desire release went off." So I took it as Taichi just being a typical dense boy buys her story without question. Meanwhile Iori probably quietly added it to her mental list of clues but didn't speak up about it.

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 3

Japs? Japanese doll? This American guy is a bit of a racist dick. Yui not fighting is somewhat disappointing, I was already imagining more
of her friends dieing all around her in battle one after the other
... actually no, it's disappointing because I thought she'd have a more active role than what it seems she'll have during actual fights. The white haired duo will have to make up for it.
You will come to love him. Don't worry.

Soma

Inaba explained it away as "I saw a photo on the internet that made me horny and Taichi just happened to be handy when the desire release went off." So I took it as Taichi just being a typical dense boy buys her story without question. Meanwhile Iori probably quietly added it to her mental list of clues but didn't speak up about it.

Ah riiiiight totally forgot about that other thing she mentioned.

Makes more sense in context now. Typical Taichi.

well, it can still be a clusterfuck intended or not.

Considering KyoAni is the primary impetus behind this show, it being an adaptation of a light novel that they're publishing themselves, that's doubtful

the light novel couldn't even win the in-house light novel prize. I think it was most likely a business decision to support the new LN-branch.

wonzo

Banned
Promo pic of the EVANGELION JELLY™ and SPOONS™ last show on pics of the EVANGELION CAKE™

evajellies.jpg

Japanese fans never get enough of Evangelion merchandise. The latest Evangelion-inspired product produced by Premium Bandai, Bandai's official online store, is a set of six spoons featuring the angels (No.3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10) on the handles and six cranberry-flavored jellies shaped the angel's core. The angels' faces are also featured on the lids of the jellies. The store has started accepting pre-orders for the set for the customers in Japan today on September 13. The retail price is 3,980 yen (about US$51.18).​

Shoutout to Articalys for pointing this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom