• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Dog Problems
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:47 PM)
Dog Problems's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zia

So far I've played it really safe, voting for stuff I've played or assume to be quality: BasketBelle, Waiting for Horus, Project Zomboid, Octodad, Incredipede, Dino Run SE and McPixel.

Not down-voting anything else, as I have a feeling that half of the games I like will not make it on the service ("Looks ghey."). ; (

What have you already down-voted?
SpacePirate Ridley
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:48 PM)
SpacePirate Ridley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zia

So far I've played it really safe, voting for stuff I've played or assume to be quality: BasketBelle, Waiting for Horus, Project Zomboid, Octodad, Incredipede, Dino Run SE and McPixel.

Not down-voting anything else, as I have a feeling that half of the games I like will not make it on the service ("Looks ghey."). ; (

I dont understand the down vote button. There are going to be always trolls, like on youtube videos, and you want people interested in games to vote, not people that are not interested vote bad in others to fuck other people that really want that game.
Vastag
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:49 PM)
Vastag's Avatar
I was waiting gnomoria to appear.
jaundicejuice
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:49 PM)
jaundicejuice's Avatar

Originally Posted by morningbus

Sooo... how does one go about changing Call of Duty's title screen?

It's called Arctic Combat.
Pandoracell
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:49 PM)
Pandoracell's Avatar
Someone apparently thinks they can get their Portal 2 mod sold: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...64&searchtext=
AlejandroDaJ
Junior Member
(08-30-2012, 07:50 PM)
AlejandroDaJ's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpacePirate Ridley

I dont understand the down vote button. There are going to be always trolls, like on youtube videos, and you want people interested in games to vote, not people that are not interested vote bad in others to fuck other people that really want that game.

I'm terrified of the downvote button. On the surface, my game looks like an Angry Birds clone (which it certainly isn't), and I seem to attract a certain breed of Internet Hater(z).
Acosta
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:50 PM)
Acosta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Hellsing321

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...90&searchtext=
Mech combat MMO? Why has no one told me about this before?!

Itīs live EVE:Online, with Mechs, I have heard some good stuff about it in RPS.
Dascu
(08-30-2012, 07:50 PM)
Dascu's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusk Golem

Someone convince me out of this. I want to try submitting a game I've been working on since last year, and I could easily take some screenshots and a video for it, but I had decided months ago prior that I wouldn't start releasing media or trying to hype it until October. I know Steam Greenlit could make a page for it and then I could build up on it as time passes, but I think maybe it might be better to wait until I have media ready in October than rushing screenshots or putting the page up without any media.

Should I just submit the page now and build up on it over time, or wait until I release media officially before I do so. I know a game stays on the store until it is accepted.

I don't see the immediate harm in putting something up now.
Zia
Banned
(08-30-2012, 07:51 PM)

Originally Posted by LastWindow

What have you already down-voted?

Giana Sisters. I have regrets.
En Ex
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:51 PM)
En Ex's Avatar
Hope it's ok to post this.

A friend of mine, Acegikmo, has a game on Greenlight right now, called Flowstorm. He was part of the team that made Unmechanical, and he's also the guy who made the TF2 maps Glacier, Photic, and Repository.

It's been really cool to watch him over the past few years grow from a student mapper into a full-fledged developer. I hope his game turns out great!
Last edited by En Ex; 08-30-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Dog Problems
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:52 PM)
Dog Problems's Avatar

Originally Posted by Zia

Giana Sisters. I have regrets.

Aww, that will more than likely turn out good.
TucoBenedictoPacifico
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:53 PM)
TucoBenedictoPacifico's Avatar
Legends of Grindea.
Not exactly my thing but doesn't look half bad.
Hellsing321
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:53 PM)
Hellsing321's Avatar

Originally Posted by Acosta

Itīs live EVE:Online, with Mechs, I have heard some good stuff about it in RPS.

Its like someone reached in my brain and pulled out my dream game.
Mavromatis
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:54 PM)
Mavromatis's Avatar
With so many terraria/minecraft clones it will soon be impossible to select the good games.
Burgers
Junior Member
(08-30-2012, 07:56 PM)
Burgers's Avatar
Quickly looking through the games i can see why Valve got overwhelmed with all the submissions and why this led them to Greenlight. Its so hard to look through all of this for good looking stuff
The Grim Heaper
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:57 PM)
The Grim Heaper's Avatar


I didn't know Eryi's Action was on there!
Glass Rebel
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:57 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar
Something's missing... ah, here it is:

first hiccups.
Aku-Audi
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:59 PM)
Aku-Audi's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

I love the art style of this one

Geez, Incredipede looks incredible. Got my vote for sure, along with Project Giana and Gunman Clive
Acosta
Member
(08-30-2012, 07:59 PM)
Acosta's Avatar
The thing is going to be fun to watch but I'm worried about the downvote and the reaction to certain games.

For example War of the Human Tanks is getting completely assaulted by the usual anti-anime crew, would something like Fortune Summoners pass with this? I hope so, I was hoping this would accelerate the process for more VNs and Doujin stuff among other things.

Some weird stuff for sure around here, and some pretty cool games too, I'm excited! Hope this works.
Last edited by Acosta; 08-30-2012 at 08:02 PM.
SpacePirate Ridley
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:02 PM)
SpacePirate Ridley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Acosta

The thing is going to be fun to watch but I'm worried about the downvote and the reaction to certain games.

For example War of the Human Tanks is getting completely assaulted by the usual anti-anime crew, would something like Fortune Summoners pass with this? I hope so, I was hoping this would accelerate the process for more VNs and Doujin stuff among other things.

Some weird stuff for sure around here, and some pretty cool games too.

I hope they take out the down vote, its only going to affect the system and give powers to haters and trolls.
Also votes are not registering yet so I hope they work out right all the things before this goes in full steam (no pun intended)
Kiriku
SWEDISH PERFECTION
(08-30-2012, 08:03 PM)
Kiriku's Avatar
A game I've worked on for a while is up on Greenlight now: Residue

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=92921269
Wok
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:04 PM)
Wok's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dusk Golem

Someone convince me out of this. I want to try submitting a game I've been working on since last year, and I could easily take some screenshots and a video for it, but I had decided months ago prior that I wouldn't start releasing media or trying to hype it until October. I know Steam Greenlit could make a page for it and then I could build up on it as time passes, but I think maybe it might be better to wait until I have media ready in October than rushing screenshots or putting the page up without any media.

Should I just submit the page now and build up on it over time, or wait until I release media officially before I do so. I know a game stays on the store until it is accepted.

Release some media here. And wait for a proper pitch to submit to GL.

Originally Posted by En Ex

Hope it's ok to post this.

A friend of mine, Acegikmo, has a game on Greenlight right now, called Flowstorm. He was part of the team that made Unmechanical, and he's also the guy who made the TF2 maps Glacier, Photic, and Repository.

It's been really cool to watch him over the past few years grow from a student mapper into a full-fledged developer. I hope his game turns out great!

You had me upvoted you at Unmechanical.
Last edited by Wok; 08-30-2012 at 08:08 PM.
jaundicejuice
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:05 PM)
jaundicejuice's Avatar
Rotgut looks all kinds of awesome. 8bit, side scrolling shooter set in the 1920's, got some pretty epic chiptunes.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...84&searchtext=
robotnik
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:05 PM)
robotnik's Avatar

Originally Posted by The Grim Heaper



I didn't know Eryi's Action was on there!

Voted.

Also voted for Paper Monsters, Dream, Gunman Clive, Project Giana, Flowstorm, Secrets of Grindea and Cognition.
Vastag
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:10 PM)
Vastag's Avatar
Well, I was bound to happen
Blizzard
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:12 PM)
Blizzard's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

Well, I was bound to happen

Complete with pixel-censored nudity, good gravy.
Pandoracell
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:13 PM)
Pandoracell's Avatar
Downvote is a big problem for situations like "Oh, i'm not really crazy about this genre/artstyle/feature x" or "there are already x amount of games on steam like this"

Basically, when people are making what amounts to snap judgement, you don't want to give them the option to negatively impact the situation. Given only the option to upvote something, the desire to more carefully understand what you're looking at may come into play.
lefantome
Banned
(08-30-2012, 08:13 PM)
I voted also a couple of italian games.

UFHO
A challenging player vs player strategy table game which I had the occasion to play a while ago and it's very funny




In Verbis Virtus
An awesome adventure game where you have to use your voice to cast spells. It works very well and the art design is great. Try the demo!




Wok
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:13 PM)
Wok's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

Well, I was bound to happen

The graphics are good. Very graphic indeed.
YianGaruga
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:13 PM)
YianGaruga's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

Well, I was bound to happen

Can my Steam friends see what I upvote? I need to know because of reasons.
En Ex
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:13 PM)
En Ex's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

Well, I was bound to happen

Wow, ESPER is looking good since her Blade Runner days.
Marsipolami
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:14 PM)
Marsipolami's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

Well, I was bound to happen

Imagine the awkwardness when you see it on your "Friends' most played games" list and it turns out all those 100's of hours are from one guy.
TouchMyBox
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:14 PM)
TouchMyBox's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pandoracell

Someone apparently thinks they can get their Portal 2 mod sold: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...64&searchtext=

From the author:

It is free2play, we don't ask any money

HoosTrax
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:16 PM)
HoosTrax's Avatar
Does that actually violate anything though is the question. LA Noire has uncensored female nudity. Various BioWare games have appalling awkward attempts at sex scenes and innuendo.

Btw, I seem to have gotten my voting privileges temporarily revoked :s
Gintoki
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:16 PM)
Gintoki's Avatar

Originally Posted by Glass Rebel

Something's missing... ah, here it is:



first hiccups.

I'm getting this too, probably because we've down voted lots of games. :p
Wok
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:17 PM)
Wok's Avatar

Originally Posted by HoosTrax

Does that actually violate anything though is the question. LA Noire has uncensored female nudity. Various BioWare games have appalling awkward attempts at sex scenes and innuendo.

In Japan, pixelated porn is porn, not erotic, right?
Pandoracell
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:18 PM)
Pandoracell's Avatar

Originally Posted by TouchMyBox

From the author:

Yeah, I saw that after the fact, but greenlight still isn't an appropriate distribution channel for it.
Glass Rebel
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:19 PM)
Glass Rebel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gintoki

I'm getting this too, probably because we've down voted lots of games. :p

But I've only voted down the games that looked like mockups made in MS paint :(
morningbus
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:19 PM)
morningbus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

Well, I was bound to happen

Hey man, once everyone is done pestering Valve about Pinball games, they'll move right on next door to "Erotic games with light strategy gameplay."
Jotamide
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:23 PM)
Jotamide's Avatar
I hope Konami puts Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4. I would also love to see BlazBlue: CT there.

Won't happen but a man can dream.
Hero_of_the_Day
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:24 PM)
Hero_of_the_Day's Avatar
I wish there were some zombie games. Haven't gotten to shoot zombies in the face in a long time.
TucoBenedictoPacifico
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:24 PM)
TucoBenedictoPacifico's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

Well, I was bound to happen

It honestly looks far better than most of the shovelware available at the moment.
And I'm not even referring just to the art.
The Grim Heaper
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:27 PM)
The Grim Heaper's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jotamide

I hope Konami puts Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4. I would also love to see BlazBlue: CT there.

Won't happen but a man can dream.

Fuck yeah to all of them.

Originally Posted by Hero_of_the_Day

I wish there were some zombie games. Haven't gotten to shoot zombies in the face in a long time.

This looks pretty good. It's a mod, but I've never heard of it before.
Last edited by The Grim Heaper; 08-30-2012 at 08:32 PM.
HoosTrax
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:29 PM)
HoosTrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by TucoBenedictoPacifico

It honestly looks far better than most of the shovelware available at the moment.
And I'm not even referring just to the art.

I don't think I really care whether or not it gets on Steam. I do question whether people would actually buy that via Steam though, unless they're the type of people who have their Steam profile set to private.
RedSwirl
Junior Member
(08-30-2012, 08:29 PM)
RedSwirl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vastag

Well, I was bound to happen

You at least have to admit that the art and production values look surprisingly good.
Dog Problems
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:30 PM)
Dog Problems's Avatar

Originally Posted by HoosTrax

I don't think I really care whether or not it gets on Steam. I do question whether people would actually buy that via Steam though, unless they're the type of people who have their Steam profile set to private.

So many people would own it and it would become a joke game to surprise people with.
HoosTrax
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:31 PM)
HoosTrax's Avatar

Originally Posted by LastWindow

So many people would own it and it would become a joke game to surprise people with.

I guess I hadn't even considered the possibility of it becoming the new Bad Rats...
Vastag
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:31 PM)
Vastag's Avatar

Originally Posted by RedSwirl

You at least have to admit that the art and production values look surprisingly good.

Yes, the art is quite good, reminded me a bit of Milo Manara.

There are some real gems in there, but is so difficult to find them among all the submissions. Look at that, is beautiful.
SpacePirate Ridley
Member
(08-30-2012, 08:32 PM)
SpacePirate Ridley's Avatar

Originally Posted by Pandoracell

Downvote is a big problem for situations like "Oh, i'm not really crazy about this genre/artstyle/feature x" or "there are already x amount of games on steam like this"

Basically, when people are making what amounts to snap judgement, you don't want to give them the option to negatively impact the situation. Given only the option to upvote something, the desire to more carefully understand what you're looking at may come into play.

And its already taking its toll.

DAFR Ahora mismo
Most definitely downvoted. I don't care if there are adult games out there but I refuse to watch them be accepted into the gaming industry.

For starters it will make it easier for people to bastardize videogames and spread slanderous comments.

Also, I saw brazzers at E3 and that was beyond inaproppriate. I can accept sex, I can accept that literally everyone watches porn at least at some point in there life but that doesn't make it right for it to mesh into the entertainment industry now matter how entertaining it is.

This may nor be porn but it's a step in that direction and I won't support that.

Not only for the erotic game, that im not going to up vote, but i dont have any problem being there, but for other games with pixel or anime style I have seen similar comments already.

They need to take out the down vote button, they need to create two categories in the front page with NEW RELEASES and MOST VOTED. They need to only let the real creators of the game to upload the game.
When a game gets greenlight, then valve needs to see if its a working game and let it enter.

Youtube structure is not the way to make this.
Last edited by SpacePirate Ridley; 08-30-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Lissar
Reluctant Member
(08-30-2012, 08:35 PM)
Lissar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kiriku

A game I've worked on for a while is up on Greenlight now: Residue

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=92921269

I voted! Sounds interesting and I'd love to see more adventures on Steam. :3

Thread Tools