• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Story Spoilers and Speculations

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
#################
#################
GAME HAS LEAKED, MAJOR SPOILERS ARE NOW IN THE WILD INCLUDING ENDING
#################
#################

Spoilers for future Halo products are below including Halo 4 and Halo books that have yet to be published. Proceed only if you wish to be spoiled.

mbcwC.jpg

Final warning!

Creating this thread to contain the spoilers from Halo 4 that some eagle eye folks have picked up upon from the recently released video.

Spoilers for Halo 4 Story

• When Master Chief awakes, the Forward Unto Dawn is boarded by a bunch of Covenant - they are looking for something, not the Chief.
  • The Covenant, a particularly religious remnant led by the Elites, have come in search of Requiem to find and look for a Forerunner weapon cache.
  • The Covenant also believe Requiem to be the place where a living god is being kept - they wish to find and wake him up to enlist his aid in fighting humanity.
  • Main antagonist is called Didact, an ancient Forerunner. He is the being the religious Covenant believe to be a living god.
  • Dr Halsey, who made a cameo in Reach, makes an appearance as the Chief wants her help to find a solution to Cortana's "problem"
  • Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once - multiple Cortanas
  • A climatic battle involving the Chief, Didact and Cortana takes place

Mo-Cap Script for Actors

"In that case, you won't mind..." Cortana appears behind the Didact.
    at all of the Cortanas emerging from the Bridge
    "Compassion for mankind is misplaced." - Didact
    "I'm not doing this for mankind." Chief then charges thet Didact.

rushes towards Didact and jumps all over him (legs, arms, chest, back)
    Several takes of "Cortana" tackling and climbing on random objects at full speed.
    Didact is attacked by Cortana. He attempts to swat at Cortana as a means of self defence.
    Didact unclenches his fist and drops Chief.

Cortana begins restraining Didact by constraining his limbs to the Bridge.
    -Several takes of "Cortana" climbing on "Didact" actor and then...
    a specific body part (head, back, waist, knees, ebows, shoulders)
    -Didact struggle idle.

Chief is released
    -Chief immobilised pose
    -Chief falls, lands on edge
    -Chief hanging idle

Spoilers for Halo The Thursday War (book) which heavily suggest/hint towards Halo 4
    • Infinity represents more than half the UNSC's Fleet Budget
    • The Elites Civil War used by ONI fleet as a test run for Infinity
    • Infinity has all UNSC Forerunner technology
    • Infinity is the most powerful warship since the Forerunner fleet
    • Infinity has fast precise slipspace jumps
    • Infinity has additional nuclear weapons

Choice quotes from The Thursday War

Didact and Requiem
    The Thursday War said:
    The Didact. He was interested in him. I told him he was in Requiem.

About Requiem and Didact:
    The Thursday War said:
    Don't you see it? Requiem. That's where the Didact was hidden. That's where they say he waits.

More Requiem/Didact
    The Thursday War said:
    It's called Requiem. But I don't know where it is. Nobody does. Why? Because the Didact went there, and for some reason the gods want it to be kept hidden.

Somewhere not Requiem
    The Thursday War said:
    Where is this place? I was told it was called Kelekos but that was the forerunners scared name for it.

About the Didact, from one of the Engineers at Onyx:
    The Thursday War said:
    He tried to fight the flood. He tried to destroy the humans.

Said about the symbol for the Didact:
    The Thursday War said:
    That, he said, is the symbol for the holy warrior who will come to the aid of the faithful in their hour of need.

About Didact:
    The Thursday War said:
    Didact sleeps and must never be woken.

Spoiler Sources

Unbelievably, all the spoiler sources here are official. Yup, no leaks. No french! Check them out for yourself!

Amazon.com Halo The Thursday War
    (Click on "Look Inside!" and feel free to read hundreds of pages. Also, use the search feature of Look Inside and you'll be able to find a bunch of extra details.)

Halo 4: A Hero Awakens - Part One Official Trailer.
    Look closely at this awesome trailer. Pause the video at around the 3:55 mark and read the script for yourself. Or look below.

Ramirez

I'm still trying to figure out why fighting the Didact is some shock & awe moment. He's been a central part of the new Forerunner books & the whole "An Ancient Evil Awakens", seemed pretty obvious to me.

wwm0nkey

I'm still trying to figure out why fighting the Didact is some shock & awe moment. He's been a central part of the new Forerunner books & the whole "An Ancient Evil Awakens", seemed pretty obvious to me.

Depends on what Didact we are fighting and what happened to the other one. Also WHY he is doing it is a pretty big part too.

Also chief vs a 14ft tall Forerunner bad ass, better get hyped right now!

(Still going on the very very crazy theory that Chief somehow has Bornsteller Didact's geas which has been his "luck" all this time)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Well, answer me this. We know we're fighting Didact. But why exactly?

Both Didacts that we know about weren't hell bent on destroying the galaxy or neither would be considered threats greater than the halos. So what the heck is going on with Didact that we don't know about?

wwm0nkey

Well, answer me this. We know we're fighting Didact. But why exactly?

Both Didacts that we know about weren't hell bent on destroying the galaxy or neither would be considered threats greater than the halos. So what the heck is going on with Didact that we don't know about?

Seriously this is what I really want to know, even though we know we are fighting him we just have so many questions.

Can not wait to hear the reasons.

Ramirez

Well I can't tell you why, I'm just saying when people are like "OMG WTF DIDACT?!?!", it's like who were you expecting the threat to be? You think they made these Forerunner books to bring in some completely new character for the game?

Just seemed obvious to me, and which is why I can't figure out why everyone is flipping out about it in the other thread. :p

Oozer3993

What I pieced together based on the snippets of the later portions of The Thursday War that Amazon let me read:

The location of Requiem was a closely guarded secret, even to many Forerunners. The Engineers at Onyx don't know where it is, only that the Didact slumbers there. A Sangheili who has been captured by the UNSC "escapes" (it might have been an elaborate ONI plot, there's not enough pages available to be sure) and finds what could be Requiem's location as well as learning about the Didact. From what he learns, he believes the Didact hates humans and that by waking him up, can ally with him to eradicate the humans.

He tried to fight the flood. He tried to destroy the humans.

That, he said, is the symbol for the holy warrior who will come to the aid of the faithful in their hour of need.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Well I can't tell you why, I'm just saying when people are like "OMG WTF DIDACT?!?!", it's like who were you expecting the threat to be? You think they made these Forerunner books to bring in some completely new character for the game?

Just seemed obvious to me, and which is why I can't figure out why everyone is flipping out about it in the other thread. :p

Some people maybe haven't read the books? I dunno. Some folks have very low spoiler tolerances.

And yeah it's no surprise. I've been hoping that 343 were pulling a red herring for the past 2 years and doing my best to find other fiction based reasons not to accept it. It's unavoidable at this point.

Ramirez

Some people maybe haven't read the books? I dunno. Some folks have very low spoiler tolerances.

And yeah it's no surprise. I've been hoping that 343 were pulling a red herring for the past 2 years and doing my best to find other fiction based reasons not to accept it. It's unavoidable at this point.

lol, well if they haven't read the books, they don't even know who the Didact is, so I don't even know how you can be spoiled about something you know nothing of.

UrbanGrafix

Neo Member
The picture is already in the OP.

I also transcribed the full text from the script, also in the OP. :)

Also, I made a slightly better version so I could read and transcribe the text.

My bad, I forgot to spoiler tag and was told to chuck it in here lol I didnt look first.

monome

Spoilers for future Halo products are below including Halo 4 and Halo books that have yet to be published. Proceed only if you wish to be spoiled.

mbcwC.jpg

Final warning!

Creating this thread to contain the spoilers from Halo 4 that some eagle eye folks have picked up upon from the recently released video.

Spoilers for Halo 4 Story

• When Master Chief awakes, the Forward Unto Dawn is boarded by a bunch of Covenant - they are looking for something, not the Chief.
  • The Covenant, a particularly religious remnant led by the Elites, have come in search of Requiem to find and look for a Forerunner weapon cache.
  • The Covenant also believe Requiem to be the place where a living god is being kept - they wish to find and wake him up to enlist his aid in fighting humanity.
  • Main antagonist is called Didact, an ancient Forerunner. He is the being the religious Covenant believe to be a living god.
  • Dr Halsey, who made a cameo in Reach, makes an appearance as the Chief wants her help to find a solution to Cortana's "problem"
  • Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once - multiple Cortanas
  • A climatic battle involving the Chief, Didact and Cortana takes place
  • A character has, or appears to have, telekinesis

Mo-Cap Script for Actors

Spoilers for Halo The Thursday War (book) which heavily suggest/hint towards Halo 4

About Requiem and Didact:

About Didact:

Spoiler Sources

Unbelievably, all the spoiler sources here are official. Yup, no leaks. No french! Check them out for yourself!

Amazon.com Halo The Thursday War
(Click on "Look Inside!" and feel free to read hundreds of pages. Also, use the search feature of Look Inside and you'll be able to find a bunch of extra details.)

Halo 4: A Hero Awakens - Part One Official Trailer.
Look closely at this awesome trailer. Pause the video at around the 3:55 mark and read the script for yourself. Or look below.

Man, I love this post.

Baffled at the Didact cliche attitude though...
But l'une Star Wars taught me, there is another, so I keep hoping for awesome didact to show up. Angry nasty voice didact is shit, utter shit.although meshing covie zealots with god like didact is passably good

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I don't read the novels, or at least I hasn't yet, but I have a question from the post.
From the end of Halo 3 didn't the elites leave the covenant and were allied with the humans? So how come they are now leading the covenant to find a way to beat humans?

Have I misse something going on, lol, last I heard they had all left.

L1NETT

IMG_5146.JPG

Do you guys think this is the Didact? Looks a helluva lot like that concept art thing we got on the Halo Fest concept art trailer last year.

The Composer is more of a machine than a person.

One of the achievements names the Composer in one of the later levels in Halo 4, so there's a strong chance you'll see this machine in action.

Wouldn't be surprised we need to capture one so halsey can find a way to develop a meta stable AI or Become one herself(cortana fixed)

Isn't Didact a Forerunner? Don't Forerunners basically look like 12-foot humans?

I sure hope not they are some kind of semi hybrid machine race. And hope these are more controlled battle suits run by a fragment of the Didact brain based AI.

TheOddOne

So I don't read the novels, or at least I hasn't yet, but I have a question from the post.
From the end of Halo 3 didn't the elites leave the covenant and were allied with the humans? So how come they are now leading the covenant to find a way to beat humans?

Have I misse something going on, lol, last I heard they had all left.
The Elites shown in the Halo 4 trailer are rogue. Let's say some factons did not agree with joining the humans in the fight.

lefantome

I bet that didact will be the enemy in the first installment of the new saga, but the real enemies will be the precursors.

Mass Effect will be the same with
the levaithans
lol

Flipyap

[*]Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once - multiple Cortanas

[*]A character has, or appears to have, telekinesis[/list]
Where does the first bit come from?
Are you basing the second one on the pre-vis animation clip, or was there something more to confirm this as still being part of the game/universe?

∀ Narayan;41671349 said:
Holy crap @ that image. I can't wait to fight whatever that thing is.
I have some bad news for you...

CLGjz.png

Hope not, she is the only likable character the series has left besides Buck.
At least there's still 343 Guilty Spark(s?). Though I wish them luck trying to explain him(them?) returning, in-game.

charsace

I think Cortana will live. I don't think she'll be the same at the end of the game though. I think she's gonna need the forerunner tech to be fixed and it will evolve her into something.

IMG_5146.JPG

Do you guys think this is the Didact? Looks a helluva lot like that concept art thing we got on the Halo Fest concept art trailer last year.

Looks more like a Promethean Rook to me. I can see it having weapons mounted on its shoulder/back or something.

Flipyap

She might get one before the end of Halo 4. ;)
Yo.

[*]Cortana is able to project multiple versions of herself at once - multiple Cortanas

[*]A character has, or appears to have, telekinesis[/list]
Where does the first bit come from?
Are you basing the second one on the pre-vis animation clip, or was there something more to confirm this as still being part of the game/universe?

IMG_5146.JPG

As if my hype can grow any larger, that pic/concept art alone of that beast just made it grow infinitely larger! MY GOD!

Flipyap

As if my hype can grow any larger, that pic/concept art alone of that beast just made it grow infinitely larger! MY GOD!
I know, right? I'm going to go ahead and pre-order Halo 2: Actually Finished Edition as well. Should be coming out any day now. Get hyped!

Guys. This is an early, scrapped design for the Promethean Knight. It's dead. Riding the Forerunner Tank all the way to cool stuff heaven.

Popeck

I know, right? I'm going to go ahead and pre-order Halo 2: Actually Finished Edition as well. Should be coming out any day now. Get hyped!

Guys. This is an early, scrapped design for the Promethean Knight. It's dead. Riding the Forerunner Tank all the way to cool stuff heaven.

But wait, I thought they hired Jason Jones to finish the Forerunner tank for Halo 4? Or have I missed something?

Top Bottom