• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-02-2012, 10:45 PM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB0wpPCEMPQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mermaids:_The_Body_Found


Saw an ad for this today while watching Dogs 101. Now apparently this aired in May, did anyone see it? Looks like a bunch of speculative nonsense like the show Lost Tapes (which kind of sucks)....which is fine with me. I love this type of crap. Granted I prefer Sasquatch (except Finding Bigfoot...they found a way to make Bigfoot boring), but this seems like a fun change of pace.
Smellycat
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:46 PM)
Smellycat's Avatar
mermaids?? really?

Under the sea, under the sea, down where it is wetter...

tatatatata tananana
Pizarro
Banned
(09-02-2012, 10:47 PM)
Reminds of that special Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(09-02-2012, 10:48 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar
Yeah we had a thread on it a while back. The show was hilarious and awful.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=mermaid
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-02-2012, 10:48 PM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smellycat

mermaids?? really?

Under the sea, under the sea, down where it is wetter

That is part of the appeal...it's kind of random, why not Bigfoot or Chupacabra?
Vyroxis
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:48 PM)
Vyroxis's Avatar
Its a really interesting take on if mermaids did exist how and when they could have evolved, all flowing around a massive coverup since the world governments know that we are inadvertently killing them off.

They did one on dragons a while back also, I believe.
equap
Banned
(09-02-2012, 10:50 PM)
Air
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:50 PM)
Air's Avatar
Deep down below they find the reverse mermaid. Everybody freaks out. Some people attempt to make love with it anyway. Chaos ensues.
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-02-2012, 10:50 PM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Yeah we had a thread on it a while back. The show was hilarious and awful.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t...hlight=mermaid

Awesome! I am so hyped! I see full eps are floating around on YouTube, but they look like they were from a Chinese TV feed, so I'll just watch the HD DVRed copy

Originally Posted by equap

Yes!
Eric C
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:50 PM)
Eric C's Avatar
http://press.discovery.com/ekits/mon...s-release.html

Editor's Note: This two-hour special is science fiction based on some real events and scientific theory.

I find it funny they had to put that disclaimer up. Because otherwise some people might believe it. lol
Last edited by Eric C; 09-02-2012 at 10:52 PM.
ConsumerSquare
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:50 PM)
ConsumerSquare's Avatar
I was pretty drunk and tired when I caught this, but the big take away for me is that mermaid researches are really attractive as far as scientists go.
DonMigs85
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:51 PM)
DonMigs85's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vyroxis

Its a really interesting take on if mermaids did exist how and when they could have evolved, all flowing around a massive coverup since the world governments know that we are inadvertently killing them off.

They did one on dragons a while back also, I believe.

I remember that one. T-Rex injured mama dragon's wing, but then she burned his face.
PhoenixDark
(09-02-2012, 10:51 PM)
PhoenixDark's Avatar
There's no evidence mermaids don't exist. Maybe they're one of those missing links evolutionists talk about but never find!
Meus Renaissance
Junior Member
(09-02-2012, 10:52 PM)
Meus Renaissance's Avatar
The discovery of the dragon in the ice was far better of a episode
Trevelyon
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:53 PM)
Trevelyon's Avatar
God! lost tapes is punchable, as is this shit.
Neuromancer
The Mayuh of f'n Bawston
(09-02-2012, 10:53 PM)
Neuromancer's Avatar

Originally Posted by ConsumerSquare

I was pretty drunk and tired when I caught this, but the big take away for me is that mermaid researches are really attractive as far as scientists go.

Yes.. Almost as though they were professional actors...
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-02-2012, 10:53 PM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Eric C

http://press.discovery.com/ekits/mon...s-release.html

I do enjoy things that try and place a fictional topic inside reality....of course I enjoy it as fiction and not a basis for science class. Though I think a fund discussion could emerge from using it based on critical thinking and reason skills.
Meus Renaissance
Junior Member
(09-02-2012, 10:55 PM)
Meus Renaissance's Avatar
There is a conspiracy element to this episode that I didn't understand. Then again I was exhausted and on an airplane when I saw this
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-02-2012, 10:56 PM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Trevelyon

God! lost tapes is punchable, as is this shit.

I actually own some episodes via Amazon....I had some credit leftover....it wasn't worth it. That said if people enjoy it what's the big deal? I mean I own Ancient Aliens seasons I got with some free credit because they're hillarious...granted Ive enjoyed watching The Universe more since its not fiction. Monsterquest is fun too, though unlike Ancient Aliens science is used and pretty much always rules things out and isn't just a joke....except that lizard man ep.

As soon as In Search of gets released next year I'm buying it in a second.
McNei1y
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:57 PM)
McNei1y's Avatar
But Tom Hanks hooked up with a Mermaid. I saw it in a movie!
Meus Renaissance
Junior Member
(09-02-2012, 10:58 PM)
Meus Renaissance's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manos: The Hans of Fate

I actually own some episodes via Amazon....I had some credit leftover....it wasn't worth it. That said if people enjoy it what's the big deal? I mean I own Ancient Aliens seasons I got with some free credit because they're hillarious...granted Ive enjoyed watching The Universe more since its not fiction. Monsterquest is fun too, though unlike Ancient Aliens science is used and pretty much always rules things out and isn't just a joke....except that lizard man ep.

As soon as In Search of gets released next year I'm buying it in a second.

Seen this episode? It's good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...XjxCpj8E#t=60s
Smellycat
Member
(09-02-2012, 10:59 PM)
Smellycat's Avatar

In August 2009, after dozens of people reported seeing a mermaid leaping out of the water and doing aerial tricks, the Israeli coastal town of Kiryat Yam offered a $1 million award for proof of the mermaid.[49] The Mermaid Medical Association, an American mermaid advocacy group, threatened to take legal action against the town in response to their offer, which "badly and outrageously damages the legendary mermaid legacy."[50] In February 2012, work on two reservoirs near Gokwe and Mutare in Zimbabwe stopped when workers refused to continue, stating that mermaids had hounded them away from the sites. It was reported by Samuel Sipepa Nkomo, the water resources minister.[51]

WAT
rekameohs
Member
(09-02-2012, 11:01 PM)
rekameohs's Avatar
Last edited by rekameohs; 09-02-2012 at 11:03 PM.
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-02-2012, 11:01 PM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jason Raize '75 - '04

Seen this episode? It's good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...XjxCpj8E#t=60s

Oh yeah. I love the Ancient Air Force base explanation. lol
Scullibundo
Banned
(09-02-2012, 11:02 PM)
Scullibundo's Avatar
Super hot Hook Mermaids or bust.

Air
Member
(09-02-2012, 11:14 PM)
Air's Avatar
Joking aside, I wouldn't be surprised if there were a mermaid type race out there on a pure waterworld somewhere in the universe out there. In fact, if I were a betting man, I'd say there would weirder stuff out there than mermaids.
PandaJones
Member
(09-02-2012, 11:20 PM)
PandaJones's Avatar
Smells fishy.
Az987
all good things
(09-02-2012, 11:21 PM)
Az987's Avatar
I'm actually a merman.

Don't tell anyone, k?
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-03-2012, 12:19 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neuromancer

Yes.. Almost as though they were professional actors...

Then you watch Lost Tapes and you wonder....lol
Meatfist
Member
(09-03-2012, 12:23 AM)
Meatfist's Avatar

Originally Posted by Az987

I'm actually a merman.

Don't tell anyone, k?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...0NLheu8mU&NR=1
Napoleonthechimp
Member
(09-03-2012, 12:49 AM)
Napoleonthechimp's Avatar
I just finished watching the entire thing on youtube. I actually enjoyed it.

Who knew that mermaids and dragons actually exist. Incredible stuff.
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-03-2012, 12:51 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napoleonthechimp

I just finished watching the entire thing on youtube. I actually enjoyed it.

Who knew that mermaids and dragons actually exist. Incredible stuff.

Cool I watched a minute or so, but I'm debating if I should wait until I could see it in HD and without Chinese subs. Lol
AlimNassor
Member
(09-03-2012, 12:52 AM)
AlimNassor's Avatar
So, wait, this was all fake? I...i thought it was real.
Alebrije
Member
(09-03-2012, 12:55 AM)
Alebrije's Avatar
Napoleonthechimp
Member
(09-03-2012, 12:55 AM)
Napoleonthechimp's Avatar

Originally Posted by Manos: The Hans of Fate

Cool I watched a minute or so, but I'm debating if I should wait until I could see it in HD and without Chinese subs. Lol

It's as dumb as you'd think a fictional documentary explaining the scientific origins (and government cover up) of mermaids would be but I'm a sucker for these sorts of things.

I'd like to think if we found something as intelligent as us in the oceans then it'd cause us to re-evaluate our species-wide position of "giant egotistical shits".
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-03-2012, 12:57 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napoleonthechimp

It's as dumb as you'd think a fictional documentary explaining the scientific origins (and government cover up) of mermaids would be but I'm a sucker for these sorts of things.

As am I. :)

I'm more a fan of things like Monsterquest, Is it Real, or In Search Of...but I'm always willing to try something new.
OpinionatedCyborg
Thread Clinging Troll
(09-03-2012, 12:58 AM)
OpinionatedCyborg's Avatar
mermaids did 9/11
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-03-2012, 12:58 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by OpinionatedCyborg

mermaids did 9/11

No Jewish Lizard men.
Napoleonthechimp
Member
(09-03-2012, 01:11 AM)
Napoleonthechimp's Avatar
I'm really tempted to make my own fake documentaries on different "weird" subject matter. It seems like a fun exercise to blend fiction and reality.
Messofanego
Member
(09-03-2012, 01:28 AM)
Messofanego's Avatar

Originally Posted by Napoleonthechimp

I'm really tempted to make my own fake documentaries on different "weird" subject matter. It seems like a fun exercise to blend fiction and reality.

Slender Man is like that.
Dead Man
I got d 2 tha eepdicked
d-e-e-p-d-i-c-k-e-d
(09-03-2012, 01:33 AM)
Dead Man's Avatar
Discovery making sci fi now? At least they label it now i guess.
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-03-2012, 01:34 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dead Man

Discovery making sci fi now? At least they label it now i guess.

Yeah, I mean it's not nearly as bad as playing it off as real.
MVP
Member
(09-03-2012, 01:44 AM)
MVP's Avatar
Saw it a while back, didn't enjoy it.
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-03-2012, 02:00 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar
It's Mermaid Time Bitches!
The Mana Legend
Banned
(09-03-2012, 02:09 AM)
The Mana Legend's Avatar
I remember seeing a Disney Channel movie where a man turns into a mermaid and wins every swimming match known to man.

Disney Channel is reality, right?
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-03-2012, 02:19 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar
Damn Mermaids spears!

It's pretty enjoyable as a pseudodocumentary. Well maid too.
FACE
I'M STILL CASTILLE
(09-03-2012, 02:23 AM)
FACE's Avatar
Hale-XF11
Member
(09-03-2012, 02:25 AM)
Hale-XF11's Avatar
Just how long ago did Discovery jump the shark anyways?
Manos: The Hans of Fate
Banned
(09-03-2012, 02:27 AM)
Manos: The Hans of Fate's Avatar

Originally Posted by Wiggler

Just how long ago did Discovery jump the shark anyways?

I really don't see this as jumping the shark.
BladeoftheImmortal
Member
(09-03-2012, 02:33 AM)
BladeoftheImmortal's Avatar
My mom believes this documentary :(

Thread Tools