• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

stryke

yah , they will stay there if you update to 3.55.

Good. Hopefully i don't stuff it up because I created tnv and ark bubbles on 3.36 and as a test i went to 3.51 but they stopped working. I've got only got one more chance to upgrade to test if it works.

Shaneus

EU or NA ?
Some games for some reason can't be transferred from ps3 to Vita, like some PSP demo Valkyrie chronicles 2 can't be transferred from ps3 to Vita.

But i bought castelvania PSP my self and was able to move to my Vita using PS3 (NA).
EU (actually, AU). You might be right about that, maybe my only chance is to download some titles on the Vita itself. But I'd have thought all PSP games would be the same. It's super weird and has me both confused/frustrated.

Next stop I might have to create a thread on Wololo. But that's pretty much my last resort.

stryke

Phew, managed to upgrade to 3.55 with TNV and Ark intact.

I hope I won't have to do that again for a while. Despite having a guide that was too much fiddling around for my liking.

stryke

Is there a workaround to access Remote Play and online with 3.55?

Not that i know of, sorry. I'm only on 3.55 because i needed to play Trails of Cold Steel.

There is something called vitaupdateblocker but i believe it only works for a short amount of time after a new firmware comes out.

spons

Gold Member
Well....

Well here we are, the first PS Vita NVG game cartridge dump ! :)

The contents you find in this release come pre-decrypted without the
pesky PFS encryption layer.
The reason behind this is the fact that the next logical step in Vita
hacking is to touch the kernelspace and patch it, so it doesn't check
the signatures and licenses.
De-/encryption takes places in whole different area of the system which
would require additional exploitation, which is currently not on the
horizon.
So we decided to pre this release in a decrypted form without any
licenses, because this data is unique and not needed anyway in case
this (and the following) dump(s) become playable in the future.
This is also common in the 3DS scene, so please don't cry because of
"incomplete" dumps, the game assets and executables are all in place.

That's Uncharted: Golden Abyss.

Not that i know of, sorry. I'm only on 3.55 because i needed to play Trails of Cold Steel.

There is something called vitaupdateblocker but i believe it only works for a short amount of time after a new firmware comes out.

Alright, I guess thanks to my new 3DS I might just update to 3.57 and be done with Vita homebrew for a while :)

L.O.R.D

My Vita just arrived, it's on 3.55. Is there anything I can do with it?
NA or EU account?
Right now there is a game on na account that can enable epsp hax , and a PSP metal gear on EU (forgot the name but it's not Peace walker) that also do the Same thing.

L.O.R.D

BTW, it's seems there is new hack that will enable PS1 bubbles on 3.57
Fuck yeah
Also enable epsp stuff and emulators..but who care about those?
I want to play crash 3 and Pepsi man and digimon rumble arena on my Vita.

Shaneus

BTW, it's seems there is new hack that will enable PS1 bubbles on 3.57
Fuck yeah
Also enable epsp stuff and emulators..but who care about those?
I want to play crash 3 and Pepsi man and digimon rumble arena on my Vita.
Would that mean there's full PS1 support, including redbook/CD audio?

Taruranto

NA or EU account?
Right now there is a game on na account that can enable epsp hax , and a PSP metal gear on EU (forgot the name but it's not Peace walker) that also do the Same thing.

I'm EU. I'll look into the MG hack, I'm mostly interested into emulator to play my older games since my PSP went kaboom a year ago or so.

L.O.R.D

I just want to play my purchased ps1 theme park on my vita

how fucking hard should it be? fuck me

i want to play crash 3 , MY OWN FUCKING CRASH 3 AND CTR ON MY VITA WITHOUT SWITCHING ACCOUNT.

DAM IT SONY NA.

also pepsiman and digimon rumble arena.

Do you need USB for anything other than the file transfer? My PSP's USB port has been busted ever since I got it (it's a refurb) and so any USB-related functionality is a no-go. Sucks if it means I have to stay on 6.60.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Do you need USB for anything other than the file transfer? My PSP's USB port has been busted ever since I got it (it's a refurb) and so any USB-related functionality is a no-go. Sucks if it means I have to stay on 6.60.

I don't think so. IIRC, you should be able to transfer the files using a card reader if you have one for a Memory Stick Duo. Using the USB connection is much more convenient, though.

Forgive me if this has been answered but I'm having trouble finding a solid answer.

Is there any psv exploit that allows full psx and psp iso/cso compatibility? TN and Ark seems to have "partial" psx compatibility which is why I still carry my psp go around with my vita.

I'm open to buying another vita if I need to find one with the right firmware on it.

Rich!

Forgive me if this has been answered but I'm having trouble finding a solid answer.

Is there any psv exploit that allows full psx and psp iso/cso compatibility? TN and Ark seems to have "partial" psx compatibility which is why I still carry my psp go around with my vita.

I'm open to buying another vita if I need to find one with the right firmware on it.

from my experience, I don't think so. I may be wrong though.

I have a PSP GO for that purpose

Shaneus

I'm on 3.36 right now and the exploit I use (Numblast) lets me use PSP images successfully, and apparently there's an exploit out there that allows full PS1 compatibility via a bubble for 3.57 (or whatever the current version is) and below. There's evidence of it working on 3.50.

Look for the post by L.O.R.D. as of a few days ago :)

Taruranto

Alright, so Vita Blocker doesn't work on 3.52.

I did the Email thing first thing, though not sure how to verify whatever it worked or not.

Next, I'm trying to set up a TN-V Bubble. I'm following this guide, and I managed to do the first passage.

Now to my understanding, I need a PSP Demo, but in order to do get it I need to use my PS3, right?

Taruranto

Anyone has a decent tutorial on how to install homebrew?

Because I've spent the last 2 hours trying to get a snes emu to work and nothing. Zip won't install, FBOOT give me blue screen.

Edit: Nevermind, somehow it managed to work. I guess complaining works, eh. I'm still not sure how to play my PSX games, though.

Taruranto

So, if I got that right, to play PS1 games...

I can use TN-V, however compatibility it's not 100%
TN-X compatibility is almost 100%, but it's only available for 3.20<

Correct? Y/N? What's this PS1 Loader for 3.55< that someone mentioned some pages ago?

animax

So, if I got that right, to play PS1 games...

I can use TN-V, however compatibility it's not 100%
TN-X compatibility is almost 100%, but it's only available for 3.20<

Correct? Y/N? What's this PS1 Loader for 3.55< that someone mentioned some pages ago?

As far as I'm aware:

1. TN-V can load PS1 ISOs but not with sound
2. TN-X is the dedicated PS1 loader with sound and yes, only available on older firmwares
3. Somebody else has discovered a new way to create PSP bubbles but I don't think it has been released to the public yet

I just picked up a oled vita that is on 3.52. I'm mostly interested in psp side of hacks. However, I really want to use remote play and I have a ton of games on my ps plus account. Is it worth it or even possible to get the psp side hacked and if so will I lose access to the aforementioned vita functions? I also have a hacked psp go so I'm not sure it's even worth it to bother.

stryke

I just picked up a oled vita that is on 3.52. I'm mostly interested in psp side of hacks. However, I really want to use remote play and I have a ton of games on my ps plus account. Is it worth it or even possible to get the psp side hacked and if so will I lose access to the aforementioned vita functions? I also have a hacked psp go so I'm not sure it's even worth it to bother.

I believe it's possible but in your case it doesn't sound worth it.

Shun

I am on Vita 3.36 with ARK to run my old PSP stuff.

Is there anything worth checking out on 3.36 or is there an update worth updating to?

I have no idea what Rejuvenate or whatever is going on and I want to breathe some life back into my Vita. I would preferably like to play some of the newer games I have/going to get but I don't want to lose access in the future...

Is there any progress at all?

Shun

I am on Vita 3.36 with ARK to run my old PSP stuff.

Is there anything worth checking out on 3.36 or is there an update worth updating to?

I have no idea what Rejuvenate or whatever is going on and I want to breathe some life back into my Vita. I would preferably like to play some of the newer games I have/going to get but I don't want to lose access in the future...

Is there any progress at all?

Anyone?

Joey Ravn

Banned

Native Vita homebrew is not worth it, especially when the N3DS is cheaper and easier to set up. Someone may come up with something new and exciting tomorrow, but from the looks of it, it's quite unlikely.

I updated to 3.55 to get Digimon Cyber Sleuth and I'm staying there. 3.57 breaks ARK and TN-V, and I rather have ePSP homebrew to access to the PSN Store.

Besides, my interest in the Vita dropped HARD once I beat MGS2 and MGS3...

Shun

Updates from a cartridge just prompt the one required, not the latest one right?

This is kinda disappointing. I was really hoping homebrew would take off on Vita. I have n3DS but i would like vita too..

Joey Ravn

Banned
Updates from a cartridge just prompt the one required, not the latest one right?

This is kinda disappointing. I was really hoping homebrew would take off on Vita. I have n3DS but i would like vita too..

Just the update included in the cart, yes.

Sulla1980

Disappointing is the word for Vita homebrew, particularly for those of us with a n3DS.

That said, being able to play Crisis Core on the Vita was worth the work for me. Playing PSP games on the Vita feels great.

Lime

I'm trying to update my TN-V version through the easy Settings->System Update method, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if the TN-V servers are down or something? My 3.18 Vita with TN-V 4 says that the "server may be down for maintenance or updating".

EDIT: Apparently I had to enter the Fake Region Type to Debug I in the recovery menu, but now I get the message "Your software is already up to date", but I'm on version 4 and I want TN-V 11 :(

Anyone know how to fix this?

Top Bottom