• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

Tommy DJ

Transfer a save of your exploit game to you PC. As Wololo states, it will be gibberish so dig around. When you find the correct save folder on your PC, there will be an image file (a gif, png, jpg or something) that should tell you it's the right game: that's the thumbnail you see when you load saves on the PS Vita.

Put the exploit save file and TN files into that save file. Overwrite everything and transfer the save to your PS Vita. You don't have to rename any folders. All you are doing is replacing existing save data with fake save data to implement the exploit.

iosefe

So I read the thread, and am using this post as a guide

I'm currently at the bolded. The TN I downloaded is a few bin files, and I don't know what to name the US version of the folder in the bold.

Could someone either PM me or explain to me this step better? wolo isn't much help either

it's nto that you name it, it is a folder created with a random string of characters when you transfer a file. so transfer a save currently on your vita to get the folder created

stryke

So I read the thread, and am using this post as a guide

I'm currently at the bolded. The TN I downloaded is a few bin files, and I don't know what to name the US version of the folder in the bold.

Could someone either PM me or explain to me this step better? wolo isn't much help either

You don't name it. You put the save into the folder that's a random string of numbers and letter which correspond to your account that you're using on your Vita.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hey, which of these new exploit games is the smallest in size and relatively cheapest?

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Hey, which of these new exploit games is the smallest in size and relatively cheapest?

Patapon only 183mb and was given away for free(just in case you already have it in your dl list like I found out) think it's 5.99 or 9.99 if you didn't get it then
Gladiator Begins is like 7.99
and there's some minis

Depends on the region. Read this post http://wololo.net/2014/09/17/fw-3-18-exploit-games-are-still-available-get-one-while-you-can/

It outlines the best game in each region and why.

(edit) Long thread, so I'll just post the important parts.

Europe said:
The game is ‘Go! Sudoku‘. It costs 3,99€, is ~230 MegaBytes in size and blazing fast. Alternatives: Patapon 1, Patapon 2, Space Invaders Extreme or Skate Park City.
US said:
The game ‘Talkman Travel: Tokyo‘ is just 3$, which is dirt cheap, only 18MB in size, why is tiny, and has the easiest way to trigger the exploit since Fieldrunners and Numblast. Alternatives: Patapon 1 or Patapon 2
Japan said:
While I am not entirely sure which games are also available in Japan, I have to say that Patapon 1 and Patapon 2 should be definitely available in the Japanese PSN store, and that those games are easy to use and not too big.
Asia said:
I can confirm that the game Skate Park City is available in the Asian PSN store, and that the game runs fine if you use the European savedata files. Alternatives: Patapon 1/2

So yeah, there you go. When in doubt, Patapon it out. Otherwise use those recommendations.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The Talkman hack is great. 18mb!

Does anyone know why they took the FTP option out of the xmb in TN-V? It was such a brilliant addition.

AmanoBuff

The Talkman hack is great. 18mb!

Does anyone know why they took the FTP option out of the xmb in TN-V? It was such a brilliant addition.

Want to buy the Talkman game but still missing $1 on my account :( I'm happy with GB though.

As far as I know, the FTP option was removed due to it being quite buggy. It's being planned for future re-release though. Really looking forward to that as well.

mattiewheels

The weirdest thing possible happened when I started using CuteFTP...it gave me an error message, the hacked game said I had to redownload from the store to play it, and my TN-V savegame got deleted. The hell just happened?

So without my having to dig through this whole thread, would anyone mind giving a quick summary? Does this require a cfw, or is it some kind of frontend via exploited save? What are the biggest benefits/best homebrews? Are there restrictions like having to stay off psn? Thx in advance.

So without my having to dig through this whole thread, would anyone mind giving a quick summary? Does this require a cfw, or is it some kind of frontend via exploited save? What are the biggest benefits/best homebrews? Are there restrictions like having to stay off psn? Thx in advance.

TN-V is a custom firmware for the PSP mode. This does not effect Vita or vita software in any way. The exploit (whichever you use) is just to 'open the door' so to speak, which then runs a second exploit that installs the custom PSP firmware. You then have to use the first save exploit to load back into your custom firmware from then on out.

Biggest benefits, it turns vita PSP mode into a full custom PSP firmware with all of the same benefits as a custom firmware PSP. That means full access to backups, plugins, any PSP or PS1 game, not just those available on PSN, emulators, homebrew, etc. The best homebrew are still the emulators, but there are some great other things like Wagic and PSPfiler.

As for restrictions, Sony is going to update the Vita firmware soon, and in doing so will block people running the older firmware from access PSN until they update... so if you're into Online play, you're going to be out of luck. Eventually newer physical games will require a later firmware and transferring over an PS+ games will be more difficult, requiring work arounds.

memphisba

would appreciate anyone who could answer how to deal with the corrupted file during pc to vita transfer for the loader file?

Do I have to rename or something?

Just found out there is a 64 GB memory card, I have never changed my memory card on my Vita and am not home to test with the memory card the system was packaged with. Can anyone tell me if I require PSN access to use the larger card? I know you do if you have multiple accounts on different cards but am unsure if it is needed if you aren't changing accounts.

quabba

As for restrictions, Sony is going to update the Vita firmware soon, and in doing so will block people running the older firmware from access PSN until they update... so if you're into Online play, you're going to be out of luck. Eventually newer physical games will require a later firmware and transferring over an PS+ games will be more difficult, requiring work arounds.

Are purchased vita games handled any differently to the plus ones? For instance I'm playing through Danganronpa 1 now. If I install TNV through Patapon 1 will I be able to buy Danganronpa 2 and load it onto my vita through some combination of webstore and ps3 transferring.

Can I use remote play locally?

Are purchased vita games handled any differently to the plus ones? For instance I'm playing through Danganronpa 1 now. If I install TNV through Patapon 1 will I be able to buy Danganronpa 2 and load it onto my vita through some combination of webstore and ps3 transferring.

Can I use remote play locally?

Not sure on remote play, I believe there is a workaround for PS3, but I believe PS4 requires both itself and the vita to be on the latest firmware for it to work. I don't use it personally so I'm not certain.

Same restrictions on bought and PS+. There are workarounds, but there is always the chance that those methods will be patched as well. That said, you have time since the there hasn't been a new firmware release yet.

Izuna

Banned
Decided to do this thing regardless.

GF was and still is addicted to the Puyo Tetris I put on with pxg Installer. So I got a PS3 and bought the full game on there, but that left me with roughly 700円 left over.

So I got Go! Sudoku, a game I love anyway and now have my JPN PSN games back as well as enough to buy something small. =P

One week since the initial leaks and still nothing is patched... Either Sony is getting lazy, has lost interest in trying to stop PSP exploits, or they are being seriously overly cautious...

I know someone before was compiling a list of PS Vita demos/etc that could be installed with the package manager. Anyone have a larger list and/or give information on how to do this yourself? I'd love to go through the Japanese PSN for a bunch of demos.

After my problems with OpenCMA and QCMA I installed VitaFTP

Much better indeed, now I can transfer just a single file, for example if I want to add just a game to some emulator, I just transfer it instead of quitting PSP mode, launch CMA, launch again Gladiator, launch the emulator
Also for ISO's is much better, just one copy instead of the "install" processing

Darknight

Is there any way to do this hack on a VitaTV btw?? I got one on OFW 3.15 I think and its from Japan. Thinking of buying a Japanese $10 card and doing the exploit on my Japanese account because I fear once PSTV is launched in the US, a new update will be pushed out to enable my VitaTV with a US account so might as well you know? Anyone with a hacked VitaTV??

Is there any way to do this hack on a VitaTV btw?? I got one on OFW 3.15 I think and its from Japan. Thinking of buying a Japanese $10 card and doing the exploit on my Japanese account because I fear once PSTV is launched in the US, a new update will be pushed out to enable my VitaTV with a US account so might as well you know? Anyone with a hacked VitaTV??

Yes, these exploits work the same on Vita TV as the regular Vita. Just have to nab Patapon 1 or 2 and Tekken 2 if you want the PS1 exploit as well.

memphisba

Ps1 loader or tnv?

I have a 3.18 vita 1000 and looking to play psone games. This is a virgin set. non CFW. Do i need to install tv-n10 prior to this?

Purchased Moto GP and gotten the Moto GP loader.

I have dumped the GP loader on to the PC: Vita saved game directory onto the giberrish folder.

Issue is during the transfer, my vita detects the loader saves as corrupted and its unable to transfer.

Have I missed out any steps? such as renaming to a proper filename or something?

Referred to this http://wololo.net/2014/09/14/how-to-using-the-ps1-exploit/

linkboy

I have a 3.18 vita 1000 and looking to play psone games. This is a virgin set. non CFW. Do i need to install tv-n10 prior to this?

Purchased Moto GP and gotten the Moto GP loader.

I have dumped the GP loader on to the PC: Vita saved game directory onto the giberrish folder.

Issue is during the transfer, my vita detects the loader saves as corrupted and its unable to transfer.

Have I missed out any steps? such as renaming to a proper filename or something?

Referred to this http://wololo.net/2014/09/14/how-to-using-the-ps1-exploit/

You'll need tn installed to load your PS1 games onto the Vita. If you're in the states (or have access to the US store) the best game is Tokyo Talkman, it's only $3, is 18MB and autoloads the exploit.

paolo11

I have a noob question about Open CMA.

I have two PSN accounts with different games on each account. Does OPEN CMA allow me to transfer those games on each accounts?

I have a noob question about Open CMA.

I have two PSN accounts with different games on each account. Does OPEN CMA allow me to transfer those games on each accounts?

No, the Vita is what decides what is and isn't okay content to load and any sort of region (or otherwise) locked content between accounts will not transfer or at the very least won't load once transferred.

Piotrek

You'll need tn installed to load your PS1 games onto the Vita. If you're in the states (or have access to the US store) the best game is Tokyo Talkman, it's only $3, is 18MB and autoloads the exploit.

I have the Patapon exploit. Does it mean I can play PSOne games with sound? I remember there being some issue in past exploits.

I really want to play Blood Omen on my Vita. I bought it digitally, but remote play via PS3 is less that satisfactory at times, unfortunately. Not to mention having the game in a truly portable format.

stryke

I have the Patapon exploit. Does it mean I can play PSOne games with sound? I remember there being some issue in past exploits.

I really want to play Blood Omen on my Vita. I bought it digitally, but remote play via PS3 is less that satisfactory at times, unfortunately. Not to mention having the game in a truly portable format.

To have perfect sound you need to buy one of the PS1 exploit games.

Are you from NA or Euro Store? EU has compatibility for this game in Vita and also its in sale right now i think. Your patapon exploit cannot run PS1 games with sound, only Tekken 2 or other bike game can run PS1 games with sound.

Piotrek

Are you from NA or Euro Store? EU has compatibility for this game in Vita and also its in sale right now i think. Your patapon exploit cannot run PS1 games with sound, only Tekken 2 or other bike game can run PS1 games with sound.

I'm from EU, but use American PSN. I think that's the first situation which makes me regret choosing US over EU. I'll just stick to finishing it on the PS3, since Sony will probably patch the exploit soon anyway.

Thanks for the help, though!

Sony does not even care lol

I wouldn't hold my breath on them not caring. These will all certainly be patched next system update and the delay to the update that adds themes was almost certainly because of this massive leak.

They may have just decided it wasn't worth pulling 20-30 games from PSN for a couple weeks.

I'm rusty, how do you copy homebrew to the TN-V? Want to setup FTP

Zip it up with compression level set to 'storage' as INSTALL.ZIP and put it in the save folder of your exploit, then copy it over. You then will have the option to install it on the XMB.

Just got paid and decided to upgrade my Gladiator Begins save to Talkman Tokyo, well worth the additional $3. I also XS Moto for the PS1 exploit. Now I can play Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 on my Vita and I'm truly happy. Just need to figure out a good control scheme now~

Done, thx,

I usedd to transfer the vita games from the ps3 to the vita plugging it in, sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't, what's the correct way to trick it without updating the fw in the vita?

Been searching for a list of everything that can be installed via the package manager... Here we go.

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=38342

============================
彼女(あのコ)はオレからはなれない - PCSG90111
Ano Ko wa Ore kara Hanarenai - JP
Ao no Kiseki
Big Sky Infinity
Bitter Smile - JP
Chain Chronicle V - JP
Colors! Demo - US
Conception II - US
Crackle - US
Crunchyroll - US
Dash or take! Run Tairan - JP
Dead or alive 5 plus - JP
Destiny of Spirits (Beta) - JP
Disgaea 4 Return - JP
DJ Max Technica Tune - JP
Dragon's Dogma Quest - JP
Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library and Mamono's Seal - JP
DUT Demo
Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki - JP
Facebook - JP
Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] Demo - JP
Freedom Wars - JP
Frobisher Says! - EU
Gaiam TV: The Transformation Network - US
Guacamelee! - ZA
HanaMani - JP
Hatsune Miku AR Stage - JP
Hatsune Miku Project Diva F 2nd - JP
Hotchkiss - JP
Hustle Kings - ZA
Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection - JP
Infinita Strada - JP
Imaginstruments™ - US
I wanna say that I'm not your brother right now! - JP
Joysound.tv plus (karaoke) - JP
J-Stars Victory Vs - JP
Judas Code - JP
Kiss Bell - JP
The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution - JP
LiveTweet - US
Lord of Apocalypse - JP
Lost Dimension - JP
Magical Beat - JP
Monster Hunter Frontier G - JP
Monster Radar Plus - JP
Motorstorm RC - ZA
NBA Game Time PS Vita - US
Netflix - US
NicoNico - JP
Oreshika
Pawapuro Stadium - JP
PHANTASY STAR NOVA バトル体験版
PlayStation®Home Arcade - US
Pocketstation - JP
Puyo Tetris - JP
QELLO HD CONCERTS - US
Radiko - JP
Rayman Legends - JP
Reader - JP
Resistance: Burning Skies™ Augmented Reality Monument Viewer - US
Sekai Seifuku Costume FES (?) - JP
Sen no Kiseki
Silent Hill Book Of Memories Demo - JP
Sine Mora
Skype - JP
Sorcery Saga: The Curse of the Great Curry God - JP
Soul Sacrifice Demo - JP
StarDrone Extreme - ZA
Steins Gate Demo - JP
t@g
Table Soccer - US
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Terraria Demo - JP
Time Travelers
Toro's Friends Network - JP
Treasure Park - JP
Treasure Park - US
TUNEIN RADIO - US
Uta Kumi 575 - JP
Uta Kumi 575 2? - JP
Virtue's Last Reward - EU
Virtue's Last Reward - US
WipEout 2048 Demo - US
XBlaze Code: Embryo - JP
Yakuza Ishin - JP
Ys: Memories of Celceta - JP
Zen Pinball 2 - EU

Remembering that these are all demos even if they aren't specifically listed as such.

Map l1 and r1 to the left and right of the right thumb stick and map dpad to left thumb stick. That's how I'm playing.

Thanks, this works but it's sadly not ideal since circle strafing and pressing the square button to fire is a bit of a bitch. I could move the fire button to one of the triggers, but that would just feel to unusual so I'll just manage with the setup you suggested.

paolo11

I am not happy. I transferred the ISO to GB's save folder, renamed the ISO with capital letters and still not working. How can I play my Phantasy Star Portable 2 game?

Top Bottom