• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii U final specs

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Final specs from VGLeaks, who have bought us many wonderful leaks in the past, including the Wii U devkit leak just before Nintendo's E2 2012 conference.

CPU: “Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU: “GPU7” AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory: Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

Storage: Internal 8 GB with support for SD Cards (SD Cards up to 2GB/ SDHC Cards up to 32GB) and External USB Connected Hard Drives

Networking: 802.11 b/g/n Wifi

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i

Video Cables Supported:

Compatible cables include HDMI, Wii D-Terminal, Wii Component Video, Wii RGB, Wii S-Video Stereo AV and Wii AV.

USB: Four USB 2.0 Ports

For what it's worth, I can vouch that these are specs I've heard.

Meh, still too sparse to work out its performance. We need number of shaders, clockspeeds, cache amounts etc.

Still using a 13 year old CPU design for a modern console is extremely embarrassing though. I'm assuming that the ingame OS uses the 32mb of memory.

denzelcantrcsxl.gif

I'll appreciate the 4 USB ports though.

Alexios

Banned
That doesn't tell much (but if true not having DX11 could be an issue) since we don't have speeds for the CPU, RAM and GPU or what they're based on (except for Broadway which seems hard to believe, unless enhanced beyond recognition or something).

Internal 8gb...man I appreciate the ability to use external harddrives but are they really going to be that fucking cheap where they release a console with only 8 gb of internal storage at launch? Goddam Nintendo.

OmegaZero

So basically, this is three Krillins strapped together?

I don't know if these specs are a good or bad thing, myself.

Inukage

Someone translate this into DBZ levels of power plz

From the Offical guide Book Diazenshuu;

Farmer – 5
Wii U - 180
Yamcha – 1,450
Goku [Kaioken] – 16,000
Super Saiyan Goku - 11,500,000
Super Saiyan Vegeta - 16,500,000
Super Saiyan Gohan 2 - 300,000,000
Super Buu - 4,000,000,000

Saroyan

3DS supports SDXC cards up to like 128GB doesn't it? I would be surprised if WiiU didn't support SDXC cards as well.

Top Bottom