RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(10-08-2012, 08:19 PM)

Originally Posted by twinturbo2

Fox is hoarding the "hit" comedies now.

Novid
Banned
(10-08-2012, 09:15 PM)
Seems like they are going to get at least 13 episodes of some of the weaker shows this year.
beat
(10-08-2012, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Bladenic

I couldn't stomach past the first 10 minutes of the pilot of Go On, so does it get better since people here are calling it among the best of the season? Mindy Project is surprisingly good though.

Go On's probably my favorite new sitcom this season, but it doesn't change that much from the pilot. Matthew Perry's kinda working too hard at his character rather than just letting the jokes play more naturally, but other than that, I really like it. For my money, they play that mix of humor and sadness quite well.
ivysaur12
a real-life Hollywood big shot
(10-08-2012, 09:28 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if even The Mob Doctor gets all 13 episodes produced (maybe not aired, but produced).
Plinko
Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(10-08-2012, 09:32 PM)

Originally Posted by ivysaur12

The Neighbors gets an order for 3 additional scripts, keeping the writers in the room. It's likely they'll get a back order as well.

I hear it's encouraging for Last Resort to get some type of a back order. Not so much for 666 Park Ave, at least not yet.

:D :D :D :D :D

This needs to happen. I really enjoy the show.
DieH@rd
(10-08-2012, 09:51 PM)
How much Last Resort episodes they have now?
TripOpt55
(10-08-2012, 10:17 PM)
I'm happy about Ben & Kate getting some more episodes. I have enjoyed it. Still a bit meh on Mindy, but hopefully I will grow to like it more.
ivysaur12
(10-08-2012, 10:21 PM)

Originally Posted by DieH@rd

How much Last Resort episodes they have now?

They're shooting 7 or 8 right now.
Busty
when Jesus ain't watching Kinect will watch over you
(10-08-2012, 11:04 PM)

I hear it's encouraging for Last Resort to get some type of a back order.

Given that they face the very real (and frankly astonishing) situation of having no dramas on broadcast TV by Xmas (Mob Doc and Made In Jersey sure to be cancelled and Unforgettable not coming back until next summer) Sonytv will do anything to keep Last Resort on the air for as long as possible.

Given the expense of the show Sony will try and squeeze as many episodes as possible for the international market and do their best to financially recoup as much as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if even The Mob Doctor gets all 13 episodes produced (maybe not aired, but produced).

Yup. Does anyone remember a Sonytv show from 2006 called Kidnapped that was created by Jason Smilovic and aired on NBC?

The exact same thing happened there (more or less) as it was cancelled after it's fifth episode and NBC aired the remaining eight shows on it's website while Sony still had a 13 episode order to sell aboard.

This is the first time I remember this happening though I wouldn't take that as a sign it was the first to do it.
Kagari
Super Mode
(10-08-2012, 11:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Enco

Person of Interest is the best TV show currently on.

Surprisingly, yes.

Now if only I could find something else just as good to watch in the meantime.
ivysaur12
(10-09-2012, 02:11 AM)
Both Community and Whitney have been postponed indefinitely.

My theory:

Wednesdays --

8 - Whitney
8:30 - Guys with Kids

Thursdays --

8 - Community (or 30 Rock)
8:30 - 30 Rock (or Community)

Friday --

8 - Up All Night
8:30 - Animal Practice
xxracerxx
(10-09-2012, 02:13 AM)

Both Community and Whitney have been postponed indefinitely.

What does this mean?
ivysaur12
(10-09-2012, 02:16 AM)

Originally Posted by xxracerxx

What does this mean?

That they will not air their respective season premieres on Friday, October 19 and currently no decision has been made on their timeslot.

They were utility players and there was little chance going into the season that they would EVER air on Friday (hence their very late premieres).
xxracerxx
(10-09-2012, 02:19 AM)
Ahh, that makes sense.
Barrage
Modano is Satan.Modano is Bin Laden.
Modano is Lebron.
(10-09-2012, 02:20 AM)
Essentially means a greater chance both shows will air on Wednesday or Thursday instead of being shuffled off to the Friday Death Slot (because nothing NBC replaced them with worked).

I think Ivysaur pretty much covered where they will probably go in the lineup as well.
ivysaur12
(10-09-2012, 02:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Barrage

Essentially means a greater chance both shows will air on Wednesday or Thursday instead of being shuffled off to the Friday Death Slot (because nothing NBC replaced them with worked).

I think Ivysaur pretty much covered where they will probably go in the lineup as well.

There's no way that Up All Night and Animal Practice can be aired during Sun-Thurs anymore. Those shows are too low.

The Whit/GWK duo will do well enough on Wednesday, I imagine both will get full season orders at some point. We'll see with Community.
Messi
(10-09-2012, 02:32 AM)

Originally Posted by AngmarsKing701

Go On appears to have its fans, but I'm not one of them. I just haven't found it funny at all.

Others hate Animal Practice but I've found it humorous, especially the monkey.

I like Matthew Perry so I suppose that might be the reason I like it. Its charming.

So, does the change to the schedule/failure of some of the new shows up communitys chances of getting more episodes?

Also Is New Girl a 22 ep season?
Last edited by Messi; 10-09-2012 at 02:39 AM.
fisheyes
(10-09-2012, 03:01 AM)
Not knowing much about US TV, is there a point at which it would become too late for Community to get bumped to a full season order? Like, if it doesn't get on to the schedule before a certain day, there would only be x amount of ratings weeks left and therefore not actually be worth producing more episodes (if we are to assume, as everyone is, that it will never get a season 5)?

Has a show ever been held back an entire season? There's 30 Rock's spot, plus all the sitcoms that could die this year (and if the Farm doesn't take off, the Office's spot will be up for grabs too) - is there any possibility at all of a Community Season 4 (or whatever) being held to 2013, being put in a proper slot and given a full order? Or will that never, ever happen with US Network TV?
systemfehler
(10-09-2012, 10:41 AM)

Originally Posted by fisheyes

Not knowing much about US TV, is there a point at which it would become too late for Community to get bumped to a full season order? Like, if it doesn't get on to the schedule before a certain day, there would only be x amount of ratings weeks left and therefore not actually be worth producing more episodes (if we are to assume, as everyone is, that it will never get a season 5)?

Has a show ever been held back an entire season? There's 30 Rock's spot, plus all the sitcoms that could die this year (and if the Farm doesn't take off, the Office's spot will be up for grabs too) - is there any possibility at all of a Community Season 4 (or whatever) being held to 2013, being put in a proper slot and given a full order? Or will that never, ever happen with US Network TV?

I do hope for the same but my hopes have been crushed by the TV analysts here.
DarkFlow
(10-09-2012, 01:10 PM)

Originally Posted by jamesinclair

Thats not true, Fringe, Family Guy, Bobs Burger etc are all locked to hulu +.

Do they let you watch fringe on ps3 yet? That was a deal breaker when I had hulu + last season.
ivysaur12
(10-09-2012, 04:44 PM)
90210 - 0.5
Gossip Girl - 0.4
Patryn
(10-09-2012, 06:03 PM)

90210 - 0.5
Gossip Girl - 0.4

With ratings like that, will the CW manage to live long enough to match either The WB or UPN?
Stumpokapow
Currently AFK. Please ask another moderator for help or support.
(10-09-2012, 06:05 PM)

Originally Posted by fisheyes

There's not really such thing as a "full season order". Most TV orders are 13 and 9, but there's no reason why they can't be 13 and 7, 13 and 5, 13 and 3, or even more than 22 episodes. There are 36 weeks in the typical broadcast season, but you can extend it by a week or two on either side... and then there's the possibility of a summer airing as well.

If you're looking about likelihood, the likelihood is that if Community airs in 2013, it won't get more than 13 episodes.

I think it's highly unlikely it would be renewed for another season, but it only getting 13 episodes wouldn't have any bearing on that--if it somehow performed well from January to May, it'd could have a full season pickup subsequently. Parks and Recreation had 6 episodes in its first season, 24 in its second, 16 in it its third, and 22 in its fourth to give you a concrete example on NBC, recently, and in the same genre.
Last edited by Stumpokapow; 10-09-2012 at 06:10 PM.
strafer
(10-09-2012, 06:07 PM)
Oh that's right, new season of 90210.

Gotta check that shit out.
ivysaur12
(10-10-2012, 12:39 AM)
Secret Life of the American Teenager (ABC Family) canceled
mightynine
(10-10-2012, 12:43 AM)

The Soup weeps.
FoneBone
(10-10-2012, 12:44 AM)

Originally Posted by mightynine

The Soup weeps.

*sobs*
Zoe
(10-10-2012, 12:45 AM)
That's surprising. It was pretty shitty the few times I've watched it due to being too lazy to change the channel, but I thought it was one of their flagship series.
FoneBone
(10-10-2012, 12:49 AM)
Shed a tear, folks.
ErasureAcer
Banned
(10-10-2012, 12:51 AM)

At least the show's run made Renee Olstead famous.
ggnoobIGN
(10-10-2012, 12:53 AM)
Does Shark Tank do well? I feel like it does. I wish they would take it off fridays.
trineo_feo
(10-10-2012, 01:04 AM)

Originally Posted by FoneBone

Shed a tear, folks.

hahaha
charsace
Accidental Member
(10-10-2012, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Zoe

That's surprising. It was pretty shitty the few times I've watched it due to being too lazy to change the channel, but I thought it was one of their flagship series.

Bun heads and Jane by design are the only shows worth watching on ABC family. They used to have a couple of good shows.
reptilescorpio
(10-10-2012, 01:10 AM)

Gossip Girl - 0.4

the wife will be sad at this result, was over the moon with last nights episode.
Whooter
(10-10-2012, 01:11 AM)

Shed a tear, folks.

Holy shit! Are those real clips? Not something they did as a goof for The Soup?
RatskyWatsky
Hunky Nostradamus
(10-10-2012, 01:18 AM)

Originally Posted by reptilescorpio

the wife will be sad at this result, was over the moon with last nights episode.

It's the final season, so the ratings don't really matter anyway.

Shed a tear, folks.

Is that real? Holy shit!
Last edited by RatskyWatsky; 10-10-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Incendiary
(10-10-2012, 02:16 AM)

Shed a tear, folks.

Bahahaha. That was amazing.

Originally Posted by ErasureAcer

At least the show's run made Renee Olstead famous.

Renee Olstead's the one that.../one Google search later/....yup, she's the one I was thinking of.
iammeiam
(10-10-2012, 02:21 AM)
To add to the Secret Life memorial: How many times do they say 'sex' in an episode of Secret Life?

(And just so you don't think that's a one-time aberration, here's the same thing for another episode)
ivysaur12
(10-10-2012, 02:23 AM)

Shed a tear, folks.

How.
ReturnOfTheRAT
(10-10-2012, 02:28 AM)

Originally Posted by mightynine

The Soup weeps.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally Posted by iammeiam

To add to the Secret Life memorial: How many times do they say 'sex' in an episode of Secret Life?

(And just so you don't think that's a one-time aberration, here's the same thing for another episode)

Amazing. This show has last 5 season with such inane dialogue.
Last edited by ReturnOfTheRAT; 10-10-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Nlroh
(10-10-2012, 02:34 AM)

Finally! Shailene Woodley deserves to be doing something better.
jamesinclair
smells clean, brushes teeth. Also combs hair regularly.
(10-10-2012, 05:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Stumpokapow

There's not really such thing as a "full season order". Most TV orders are 13 and 9, but there's no reason why they can't be 13 and 7, 13 and 5, 13 and 3, or even more than 22 episodes. There are 36 weeks in the typical broadcast season, but you can extend it by a week or two on either side... and then there's the possibility of a summer airing as well.

If you're looking about likelihood, the likelihood is that if Community airs in 2013, it won't get more than 13 episodes.

I think it's highly unlikely it would be renewed for another season, but it only getting 13 episodes wouldn't have any bearing on that--if it somehow performed well from January to May, it'd could have a full season pickup subsequently. Parks and Recreation had 6 episodes in its first season, 24 in its second, 16 in it its third, and 22 in its fourth to give you a concrete example on NBC, recently, and in the same genre.

I havent seen a show get over 24 episodes in the past couple of years, any idea why?

The OC got extended one year from 22 to 27, and then also from 22 to 25.
BatDan
(10-10-2012, 05:36 AM)

Good lord. I know the show was vapid from The Soup, but this is... wow.
jb1234
(10-10-2012, 05:43 AM)

Brilliant. It's even funnier when words like gay sex and masturbate are randomly thrown in there. ;)
beat
(10-10-2012, 05:51 AM)

Originally Posted by jamesinclair

I havent seen a show get over 24 episodes in the past couple of years, any idea why?

The OC got extended one year from 22 to 27, and then also from 22 to 25.

Community was 25 in its first season. I think it was fallout from the Jay Leno at 10 pm disaster: suddenly NBC had to scramble to fill 5 primetime hours once they took Jay out. NBC extended a lot of shows that year.
Kabouter
When I was your age we didn't have fire
(10-10-2012, 06:27 AM)

Shed a tear, folks.

This is the best thing ever. Thanks for posting this, I can't stop laughing.
Dan
Currently boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
(10-10-2012, 06:28 AM)

Shed a tear, folks.

I've never understood how that show existed. In all manners, it looked like a super cheap after school special that somehow lasted several seasons.

Never forget: Bristol Palin's acting debut, courtesy of The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
jb1234
(10-10-2012, 07:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Dan

I've never understood how that show existed. In all manners, it looked like a super cheap after school special that somehow lasted several seasons.

Never forget: Bristol Palin's acting debut, courtesy of The Secret Life of the American Teenager.

Yowtch. I figured she'd be just as bad as the rest of the cast (judging from clips) but she's truly robotic.
Link
The Autumn Wind
(10-10-2012, 11:49 AM)
God, the Palins are getting just as bad as the Kardashians in terms of families with no talent that need to go away.
AngmarsKing701
(10-10-2012, 03:37 PM)
Looks like Revolution is continuing pretty strong (3.0 this week). Interesting that H50 is down to a 1.9. Is this the final season?