• Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Stumpokapow
listen to the mad man
(02-01-2013, 09:59 PM)

Originally Posted by ivysaur12

More on Do No Harm's performance:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/01/nb...rama-premiere/

The drama record was previously for Lone Star with a 1.4. The lowest off-season record was Canadian import Saving Hope with a 0.7

just as a point of comparison, CTV (a Canadian network) aired a made-for-TV movie about horses last week that got more viewers than Do No Harm did in the US.
Saty
(02-02-2013, 11:29 AM)

Originally Posted by Solo

Bell's career is never going to improve. I held out hope for a few years post-Deadwood/Veronica Mars that she would get on a project half as good again, but it ain't happening. Rom-coms and second rate Showtime shows is her ballpark now. Talk about peaking early.

It's SMG all over again.

Remember how everybody were shocked Bell rejected the role of Charlotte in 'Lost', only to rejoice days later when it was announced she will be in season 2 of 'Heroes'? But then it started and was total crap.

The Veronica Mars S4 mini-pilot was so promising :(
TheBatman
(02-02-2013, 11:50 AM)
Keep meaning to check out Arrow. Glad it got renewed, it's on my list of stuff to watch.
spindoctor
(02-02-2013, 02:51 PM)
edit - Sorry posted in the wrong thread :|
Last edited by spindoctor; 02-02-2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: me = dumbass
Bladenic
(02-02-2013, 02:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

Bent was basically taken out back and shot in the head though. Almost no ad time, and the eps burned off in something like 2-3 weeks. I kind of feel insulted that Bent is even mentioned. :(

OMG I know. Such a shame, the 6 episodes were honestly pretty great. I can't fathom why it was dumped like that.
ari
Banned
(02-02-2013, 02:56 PM)
Is ben and kate cancelled or renewed? The op is unclear.
Tamanon
Professional Bastard
(02-02-2013, 02:58 PM)

NCIS (CBS) renewed for season 11.

I wonder if they're ever going to shake up the core team again like when they brought Ziva on after that contract dispute. Or the main characters might just be too well liked now to do that unless it's out of necessity.
Polk
(02-02-2013, 03:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Tamanon

I wonder if they're ever going to shake up the core team again like when they brought Ziva on after that contract dispute. Or the main characters might just be too well liked now to do that unless it's out of necessity.

I thought actress wanted out so they replaced her with Ziva.
ari
Banned
(02-02-2013, 03:04 PM)
I wonder why cbs is getting the ratings. Some of their show output is not appealing and i think because it is tailored for a certain audience. Not being racist or anything. Lol
Last edited by ari; 02-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Tamanon
Professional Bastard
(02-02-2013, 03:07 PM)

Originally Posted by ari

I wonder why cbs is getting the ratings. Some of their show output is not appealing and i think because it is tailored for a certain audience. Not being races or anything. Lol

You mean white people?

All the major networks are tailored for white people. CBS just knows people will watch procedurals, especially older people.
AngmarsKing701
(02-02-2013, 03:11 PM)

Originally Posted by ari

Cancelled.

Of course I have another question about B&K... are they airing any more episodes or is it gone completely?
ari
Banned
(02-02-2013, 04:14 PM)
I liked ben and kate, some shows just need to be on the right networks. :(
Whooter
(02-02-2013, 04:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Polk

I thought actress wanted out so they replaced her with Ziva.

Yes, as I remember it, Sasha Alexander decided the grind was too much and asked out of her contract.
AlphaTwo00
(02-02-2013, 04:55 PM)

Originally Posted by DrEvil

So, Community Season 5 is sounding pretty nice about now at NBC I bet..

Na. I've written off all hope anyways with Community. I'll take the remaining 13 episode as a extended goodbye, and that's about it.
rogue_pigeon
(02-02-2013, 08:58 PM)

Originally Posted by Saty

Remember how everybody were shocked Bell rejected the role of Charlotte in 'Lost', only to rejoice days later when it was announced she will be in season 2 of 'Heroes'? But then it started and was total crap.

Well she was hardly turning down career gold there.
jb1234
(02-02-2013, 09:08 PM)

Originally Posted by rogue_pigeon

Yeah, I think it was pretty much a wash either way. "Lost" was obviously the better show (especially that season) but Charlotte's character was mostly inconsequential.
Joni
(02-02-2013, 09:08 PM)

Originally Posted by rogue_pigeon

Indeed, the role of Charlotte wasn't that big and playing in Lost doesn't seem like a good career move. Aside from Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries) and Daniel Dae Kim (Hawai Five 0) their careers seem dead.
Saty
(02-02-2013, 09:13 PM)
Yeah, i didn't mean to imply choosing the Lost part would have favored her any better.
AngmarsKing701
(02-02-2013, 09:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Joni

Indeed, the role of Charlotte wasn't that big and playing in Lost doesn't seem like a good career move. Aside from Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries) and Daniel Dae Kim (Hawai Five 0) their careers seem dead.

Freckles is in the Hobbit movies (starting with the 2nd one).
ivysaur12
a real-life Hollywood big shot
(02-02-2013, 10:12 PM)
The entire Zero Hour pilot is on Hulu. Feast your eyes on something special.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/452227
Kabouter
Possibly the worst
(02-02-2013, 10:15 PM)

The way I see it, with the creators of Prison Break and the director of Taken involved, this can't be anything other than a glorious unintentional comedy.
Kabouter
Possibly the worst
(02-02-2013, 11:29 PM)
Hahahah, oh man, Zero Hour was amazing. My favourite SyFy Original Film of the year so far :D. It's so ridiculous. I can't believe they expect anyone to take this seriously.
Jest Chillin
(02-02-2013, 11:31 PM)

Gonna give it a shot. Why not right?
JdFoX187
(02-02-2013, 11:39 PM)

Originally Posted by Joni

I wouldn't say that. Elizabeth Mitchell has a recurring role on Revolution. Josh Holloway seems to be making movies here and there, and was in Ghost Protocol. Terry O'Quinn continues to be the supporting guy he's always been throughout his career. Michael Emerson skyrocketed with his own TV show now. Maggie Grace has a steady stream of work with Luc Besson films. I would say the Lost cast turned out pretty well.
ivysaur12
(02-02-2013, 11:43 PM)

Originally Posted by JdFoX187

I wouldn't say that. Elizabeth Mitchell has a recurring role on Revolution. Josh Holloway seems to be making movies here and there, and was in Ghost Protocol. Terry O'Quinn continues to be the supporting guy he's always been throughout his career. Michael Emerson skyrocketed with his own TV show now. Maggie Grace has a steady stream of work with Luc Besson films. I would say the Lost cast turned out pretty well.

Elizabeth Mitchell is a regular on Revolution, and Josh should be going out for pilot season pretty hard.

In general, most of the Lost cast are doing well for themselves.
saunderez
(02-02-2013, 11:47 PM)

Originally Posted by JdFoX187

Yeah most of them have been in other projects since Lost, I don't remember seeing Evangeline Lily in anything since though.
Link
The Autumn Wind
(02-03-2013, 12:04 AM)

Originally Posted by saunderez

Yeah most of them have been in other projects since Lost, I don't remember seeing Evangeline Lily in anything since though.

Her original plan was to retire after Lost, but she's picked a few small projects here and there. She's gonna be in the Hobbit sequels, too.
Patryn
(02-03-2013, 02:33 AM)

Elizabeth Mitchell is a regular on Revolution, and Josh should be going out for pilot season pretty hard.

In general, most of the Lost cast are doing well for themselves.

They also have the advantage of coming into the JJ Abrams orbit. He does seem to have a tendency to cast the same actors again and again (even if he was fairly hands off on Lost by the end).
jamesinclair
smells clean, brushes teeth. Also combs hair regularly.
(02-03-2013, 05:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Kabouter

The way I see it, with the creators of Prison Break and the director of Taken involved, this can't be anything other than a glorious unintentional comedy.

Youve sold me on the concept. I can only assume thats how its being advertised.
SlowRevolution
(02-03-2013, 08:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Link

Her original plan was to retire after Lost, but she's picked a few small projects here and there. She's gonna be in the Hobbit sequels, too.

I remember in interviews around the time Lost ended she kept talking about a children's book she was writing, not sure if anything ever came of that. She did Real Steel too
Rekwest
(02-04-2013, 03:59 PM)
Netflix's HOUSE OF CARDS is truly the work of some master storytellers. Highly recommended.
border
wears the band's shirts to the band's concerts
can't comprehend the origin of terms
(02-05-2013, 04:34 AM)
The only LOST cast member I've seen on the fan convention circuit has been the chick that played Rousseau.

As much as I love it when celebrities come out to events like DragonCon, it's generally a sign that your career is in a slump if you're signing autographs for $20 rather than, you know, acting. So if only one or two LOST actors is milking the convention circuit I imagine the rest of them are doing pretty good.
Zoe
(02-05-2013, 04:49 AM)

Originally Posted by border

The only LOST cast member I've seen on the fan convention circuit has been the chick that played Rousseau.

As much as I love it when celebrities come out to events like DragonCon, it's generally a sign that your career is in a slump if you're signing autographs for $20 rather than, you know, acting. So if only one or two LOST actors is milking the convention circuit I imagine the rest of them are doing pretty good.

Surely she must be accustomed to it from her Babylon 5 days.
Tim the Wiz
(02-05-2013, 04:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Zoe

Surely she must be accustomed to it from her Babylon 5 days.

Holy shit, Delenn!? Mindblown.
Wes
venison crÍpe
(02-05-2013, 03:36 PM)

Originally Posted by saunderez

She's in The Hobbit isn't she?
Joni
(02-05-2013, 03:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Wes

She's in The Hobbit isn't she?

Not the first one.
ivysaur12
(02-05-2013, 04:53 PM)
Rules of Engagement - 3.1

The Carrie Diaries hits series high in the 18-49 demo, 0.7
MMBosstones86
(02-05-2013, 05:56 PM)

thought it was pretty funny last night. Glad it's back.
ivysaur12
(02-06-2013, 04:10 PM)
Uh.

Smash - 1.1
dead souls
(02-06-2013, 04:16 PM)

Uh.

Smash - 1.1

So good.

It's always nice to see the ratings match the quality of a show.
Stumpokapow
listen to the mad man
(02-06-2013, 04:17 PM)

Uh.

Smash - 1.1

Add two points for a Golden Globe nomination.
Patryn
(02-06-2013, 04:19 PM)

Uh.

Smash - 1.1

That must hit NBC where it hurts. They want that show to succeed SO BADLY. But it's just not going to work.
Jest Chillin
(02-06-2013, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Patryn

That must hit NBC where it hurts. They want that show to succeed SO BADLY. But it's just not going to work.

They clearly need to start stealing songs/covers from musicians to succeed. :X
dead souls
(02-06-2013, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Patryn

Yep. I don't know why they thought a revamp/relaunch would work.
Ithil
(02-06-2013, 04:22 PM)

That seems, less than impressive.
GitarooMan
(02-06-2013, 04:24 PM)

Uh.

Smash - 1.1

lol. I can't believe they thought adding Jennifer Hudson would do anything for that sinking ship.
dead souls
(02-06-2013, 04:27 PM)

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

They clearly need to start stealing songs/covers from musicians to succeed. :X

Say what you want about Glee, but even at its worst it's always been a better show than Smash.
Jest Chillin
(02-06-2013, 04:36 PM)

Originally Posted by dead souls

Say what you want about Glee, but even at its worst it's always been a better show than Smash.

In all honesty I haven't watched either show. I just don't like the way that Glee has gone about the whole song issue so I made a joke about it.
allegate
(02-06-2013, 04:37 PM)

Originally Posted by ari

Shows that have been canceled:
Ben & Kate (Fox)
Shows picked up for full seasons:
Ben & Kate (Fox) - NOTE: Ben & Kate received 6 episodes instead of 9 due to creator Dana Fox's pregnancy

I know, right? Thanks to AngmarsKing701 for the clarification.
G0523
(02-06-2013, 04:51 PM)

Uh.

Smash - 1.1

Bomba! NBC's shows are all doing terribly without The Voice!