• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Amazing ZombiU trailer

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Why do they do these things in CG instead of just play the thing, it must be hard to time the different elements to match like this.

Anyway, trailer was okay, some nice features shown, but the stupid player hands stuff kinda ruined some of it.

Borman

I dont know what scares me more, the games concept, or the fact that I've been "bitten" before, buying a Ubisoft launch game. Decisions decisions.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Yep, when I wrote a news post about this, I also mentioned how it looks fantastic. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Coudl easily be the Wii U's killer app, no? Hopefully, it has some legs into it but what we've seen so far looks like it might be great.

When I first saw the trailer all the extra CG stuff they put in bothered me. Just started watching parts of it, and yep. Still stupid. At least the game still looks good.

Pineconn

Yea you need to be careful when playing this. It comes with a wrist strap that has 10,000 volts in it that electrocute you if you die. This game needs to be rated higher than M.

Bah, you can survive 10,000 volts. Not if you're sweaty, though, like the guy in the trailer is.

ivysaur12

Banned
Why do they do these things in CG instead of just play the thing, it must be hard to time the different elements to match like this.

Anyway, trailer was okay, some nice features shown, but the stupid player hands stuff kinda ruined some of it.

You gotta show him wiping his brow -- so intense!

Yep, when I wrote a news post about this, I also mentioned how it looks fantastic. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Coudl easily be the Wii U's killer app, no? Hopefully, it has some legs into it but what we've seen so far looks like it might be great.

Not so much for me but bundling it is a very good move.

Pineconn

Volts don't kill you; amperes do.

Current is just a product
(not multiplicative product, mind you)
of voltage and resistance. Human resistance is a constant, so the voltage determines the current here.

Thus, you can predict human reaction/death by voltage. :)

If you die in the game you die for real?

Yup

existenz.jpg

(eXistenZ)

Sethos

Banned
Well that's not entirely true, it just takes a stupidly large voltage for it to kill you alone (eg lighting).

Except the fact that lightning contains between 10.000 and 200.000 amps and they still don't always kill you, based on conditions, path of travel etc. It takes roughly 1 amp to kill a man.

Guys, just came from an event Ubisoft organized in Madrid and could try ZombieU.

The game is trash. Seriously. It really plays bad. It's like if the gamepad and the game didn't get along. You have to look the touchscreen and the tv screen at the same time and it's not cool.

The camera control is very wierd. Sometimes it moves fast and others too slow. I didn't know what the hell was going on and when I wanted to react I had three zombies around me and my only weapon was a cricket bat that did no damage.

Dennis

Banned
Guys, just came from an event Ubisoft organized in Madrid and could try ZombieU.

The game is trash. Seriously. It really plays bad. It's like if the gamepad and the game didn't get along. You have to look the touchscreen and the tv screen at the same time and it's not cool.

meta4

Too many gimmicks that are just unnecessary. How is keeping the turrent sequence on the gamepad useful instead of the TV. Forcing the player everytime to look down on the controller from the tv and then back again seems irritating. Hopefully it all comes together in the end but I am skeptical.

Krabboss

Dude, I think the controller is giving the CG guy carpal tunnel syndrome.

Also I totally feel like everybody is being fooled by this game. My bet is it won't be so hot.

jmizzal

The camera control is very wierd. Sometimes it moves fast and others too slow. I didn't know what the hell was going on and when I wanted to react I had three zombies around me and my only weapon was a cricket bat that did no damage.

aww its too hard for u

Sounds like a Dark Souls type game :)

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
This looks like a very standard zombie first-person shooter with a few Wii U-specific features that seem pretty minor. Why the excitement?

Top Bottom