• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2012 (Sep 10 - Sep 16)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
If Comgnet is a good indication, RE6 is going to be MASSIVE. It's already over what RE5 did on both PS3 and 360.

Other interesting games

[PSP] SD Gundam G Generation World - 216pt + 83pt = 299pt
[Wii] SD Gundam G Generation World - 39pt
TOTAL SD Gundam G Generation World = 338pt
[PSP] SD Gundam G Generation Overworld - 328pt

[PS3] Tales of Xillia - 495pt
[PS3] Tales of Xillia 2 - 247pt

[PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 - 172pt
[PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 - 121pt

[NDS] Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier - 166pt
[NDS] Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier Exceed - 68pt
[NDS] Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishin - The Lord of Elemental - 75pt
[PSP] Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishin 2 - Revelation of Evil God - 65pt + Collector equal or less than 9pt = 74pt as highest estimate
[3DS] Project X Zone - 70pt

[NDS] Final Fantasy Gaiden: 4 Heroes of Light - less than 31pt
[3DS] Bravely Default: Flying Fairy - 32pt

Kenka

Thank you mpl90. Yay for RE6 and nay for the rest. Very good comparisons also. That will help us temper/raise expectations regarding some of those titles (like Bravery Default).

I wonder if this price cut will happen outside of Japan as well.

As far as I know Microsoft has been pricing XBox 360 in Japan in an extremely aggressive way all along, but their pricing policies Japan-wise - price cuts, limited bundles, etc. - are not brought over to the rest of the world, in fact I gather Japan some years back was the most convenient country where to purchase an XBox360(I don't know if that's still true though).

Which price cut was Japan only?

In the first place - correct me if I'm wrong - I recall XBox360 bombing very hard at launch in Japan, so they had subsequently to cut its price dramatically in order to keep it afloat, that made it way cheaper than in the rest of the world.

I am not aware of other price-cuts later on, maybe they just forgot about it, but I am generally inclined to think Microsoft has to sink generally a bunch of money - aside from price-cuts they allegedly moneyhatted Japanese third-parties to have some exclusives - in order to market their consoles in Japan.

Orgen

Notable October releases.

As usual, suggest which ones to predict or others that aren't on this list.

10/04 Resident Evil 6 (PS3, 360)
10/04 Winning Eleven 2013 (PS3)
10/11 Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (3DS)
10/11 Project X Zone (3DS)
10/11 Tokitowa (PS3)
10/18 Little Battlers eXperience W (PSP, PSV)
10/25 Idolmaster: Shiny Festa - FN / GT/ HS (PSP)
10/25 Zone of the Enders HD Edition (PS3, 360)
10/25 AKB48+Me (3DS)

My choices. Thanks as always for everything Road!

Bravely Default strike me as the type of game that will do around 150k after price collapse. Of course I'm not in Japan so I can't tell the general hype for the game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Four Warriors of Light:

iwu6x.png

A few previous thread predictions for Bravely Default (some date back to 2011, some later): I'm just posting these so we can see how opinions evolve, not to call people out.

3DS

2M+
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Animal Crossing: Jump Out

500k+
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

300k+
Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney
Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone

200k+
Bravely Default
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

100k+
Oni Training (wild card)
AKB48+Me
Rune Factory 4
Project X Zone
Medabots 7
Samurai Chronicles 2nd
Shin Megami Tensei IV

Not Sure: Lost Heroes, E.X. Troopers

PSV

200k+
Soul Sacrifice (wild card)
Hatsune Miku Diva f

100k+
Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki Evolution
Earth Defense Forces 3 Portable (probably not)

This is how I see it.

Bravely Default won't be a blockbuster, but I can see it reaching 250-300k units; 3DS is healthy, Square is pushing it quite nicely, and word of mouth can really help.

Bravely Default: 100k (ok this one has no release date yet)

Personally I think 200K would be an okay to good performance (depending on how much they spent), 100-150K would be poor, and 300K would make it a very solid debut for a new IP JRPG.

Personally I think 200K would be an okay to good performance (depending on how much they spent), 100-150K would be poor, and 300K would make it a very solid debut for a new IP JRPG.

It's had about 2 years of dev time according to Iwata Asks. Dunno if that suggests budget or not. I have a feeling this one may have legs if word of mouth is good. I doubt it's going to pull anything above 170 at launch, probably closer to 100K.

donny2112

Walmart cut the price of the 360 last week. The Kinect bundles along with the 250GB. Gotta be foreshadowing something as I don't think they'd do it for no reason.

The cut the price of the 3DS by $10 around the 3DSXL launch, and there's been no official price cut on 3DSs. Usually, yes, a Wal-Mart drop is a sign of a larger price drop, but apparently not always.

The cut the price of the 3DS by $10 around the 3DSXL launch, and there's been no official price cut on 3DSs. Usually, yes, a Wal-Mart drop is a sign of a larger price drop, but apparently not always.

I'm seeing the 3DS still selling for 170 on Walmart's site right now.

donny2112

I'm seeing the 3DS still selling for 170 on Walmart's site right now.

In-store price. Go Nintendo has an article stating it was a temporary price drop before the 3DSXL's release, but I thought the stickers still said $159.96 the last time I was in Wal-Mart and looked (which is pretty recent). Maybe they just didn't update the stickers? Hmmm. Will make a note to check again next time I go, but pretty sure the same "Rollback" stickers are still there...

LayLa

Bored, so I made some more graphs based on the share of games in the Media Create Top 50.
Yes I know these don't take into account sales numbers, but I think they give a good idea of the overall health of a platform & relative market shares. Plus, who doesn't like looking at graphs!

First up the number of games in the MC top 50 since the start of 2011 for handhelds
The really interesting point is last xmas period, where all the lines converge & then split. When the 3DS launched the DS share dropped & and they stayed relatively equal until that xmas crunch period. After that 3DS takes off and DS drops - the torch has passed. PSP was absolutely killing it between March & October 2011, and though dropping slightly since has held up admirably.

What if we align the launches of 3DS & Vita? Well we can see the Vita is doing worse as expected, but the really interesting bit is what comes next - in 3 weeks time the 3DS takes off in a big way.

donny2112

If the graph is too big to post, just resize it yourself and then post it. Doing the quoting method makes it near impossible to read meaningfully.

Edit:
Like the concept of the graphs, though. Just would like to see them easier without having to pull the picture into another tab. :)

Foshy

If the graph is too big to post, just resize it yourself and then post it. Doing the quoting method makes it near impossible to read meaningfully.

Edit:
Like the concept of the graphs, though. Just would like to see them easier without having to pull the picture into another tab. :)

Just click on it to view it full size. Works ffine for me.

Road

Famitsu No. 1242

LTD until 09/02:

[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (SEGA) {2009-07-02} - 101,486 / 187,558
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd (SEGA) {2010-07-29} - 242,717 / 367,364
[PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Extend (SEGA) {2011-11-10} - 189,196 / 283,040
[3DS] Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai (SEGA) {2012-03-08} - 88,737 / 143,412
[PSV] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (SEGA) {2012-08-30} - 158,009 / 158,009

Summer market (06/25~08/26):

Software: 41.11 billion yen
Hardware: 23.29 billion yen

Forgot:

[SAT] Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers (Atlus) {1997-11-13} - 288,000

Top Bottom