Originally Posted by THQ
· Designing core game features in a AAA console.
· Creating detailed design documentation and working closely with programmers, artists, and UI designers teams to implement game features.
· Mentoring and leading design of project.
· Guiding the design of a feature throughout implementation, iteration, and polish, ensuring it meets the quality standard and vision for the product.
· Tuning & balancing systems to meet the quality and accessibility goals of the design, and hold up under the stress of competitive gameplay.
· Taking over the design for existing features when necessary, and driving them throughout development.
· Analyzing feedback and data from playtests and iterating the design.
· Coordinating with QA and providing test specifications.
· Bringing new and innovative ideas.
· Remaining current on industry trends and techniques in game design.
Skills and Qualifications
· Strong background in melee combat game design practice & theory
· 10+ years of experience with 5-7 being in a Sr. role.
· Minimum of 3-5 AAA console title shipped in a design role.
· Provable success in creating fun, commercially viable, and high-quality melee combat gameplay through mechanics/systems.
· Strong knowledge of the melee combat product space.
· A mature, professional attitude and work ethic.
· You need to be able to champion your ideas, yet accept and value the ideas of others.
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to drive a feature from concept to design documentation to implementation to iteration and polish.
· Character based animation and design implementation.
· Previous design experience working with melee combat.
· Familiarity with the Unreal Engine and tools
· Experience balancing a AAA multiplayer game’s wide array of systems and content.
Sorry, THQ's job site is a nightmare so I can't quite link directly to it.
(09-22-2012, 01:44 AM)
I hope this game works out for him.