• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESIDENT EVIL 6 |OT| No Trope Left

Haunted

Cut the agents part and shorten the variants from the OP(s), especially the pictures. Way too long the way it is.

That said, I'm a fan of RE, loved 4 (so I'm not totally opposed to it being action instead of horror now), still enjoyed 5 even though it was a step back. The reception of this one is making me wary, though. Definitely not a day 1 purchase for me.

Takao

Banned
Actually, I confess - I didn't read the OP - my bad. Even though I am quite some time here, I have never participated to the moment when an Official Thread gets up. For that reason I overlooked what he wrote by mistake...
I am ready to accept the penalty for that.

It's okay, if all of us read the OP entirely we'd be here for a while, lol. The post will just be deleted.

I confess that I copied and pasted those guidelines when I made the OT |OT|.

This was my first proper OT and I wanted to give RE6 the treatment it deserved considering the controversy surrounding it. =/

I apologise once again and accept punishment if it's needed. I just assumed since most Resident Evil titles got multi-post OPs that this was acceptable too (RE5 had at least seven last I checked =/)

I just found the coincidence funny is all. The truth is I came into this thread only to see the spectacle of the OT. I have no real interest in RE6, but know a well hyped game tends to have a lot of effort put into their OTs, and this one did. I was just not expecting 3 walls of text coming at me, haha. There's also a lack of a review section, but I'm going to guess that's because of some embargo.

Nemesis_

I just found the coincidence funny is all. The truth is I came into this thread only to see the spectacle of the OT. I have no real interest in RE6, but know a well hyped game tends to have a lot of effort put into their OTs, and this one did. I was just not expecting 3 walls of text coming at me, haha. There's also a lack of a review section, but I'm going to guess that's because of some embargo.

There is? The third post is reserved for reviews.

Another issue was that if I had left the OT at 2 posts,I would've had no room to expand for reviews and such hence why I had to expand it.

I do apologise as I said. Resident Evil is very near and dear to me (and some others) so I felt it deserved a proper thread.

But hey! We're on the second page already, MOST OF YOU don't even need to read it anymore :)

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I didn't realize this was out so soon. Yeah...I think I'm fine with waiting for the PC version. I'm okay with Resident Evil being an action game, but I don't feel particularly compelled to pick this up despite playing the fuck out of RE4 and RE5.

I'll take this

r0yPL.png

Great OT

-Gunplay is poor
-Animations are poor (DAT LEONTHUMBSUP.gif)
-Graphics are pretty poor in comparison to Biohazard 5
-"Classic controls" aren't really classic and going by the demo kinda hinders you more than helps
DERP DERP BECAUSE YOU'RE USING CLASSIC CONTROLS DERP DERP. Well, yes, but if you're going to provide the option make sure the game also changes in singleplayer for people to use those controls.
-Takes a dump on Biohazard 1-3 fans' faces even more than Biohazard 5 did.

Insightful enough for you? It's the first "mainline" Biohazard that I have complete apathy for. I bought Bio5 day one, FFS, despite being slightly disappointed with Bio4 but Bio4 was a decent game. Bio5 had a decent game but terrible story and forced co-op for me to where I was extremely disappointed by it. But this is taking that, adding "Gears of Evil" gameplay further into the DNA and doesn't even do a good job of making "Gears of Evil."

Aside from the bolded, yeah that's insightful enough for me.

All the crap about different editions should be removed and perhaps some of the character descriptions. GAF shouldn't be another branch of Capcom marketing.

antitrop

I want to play this on PC, but I imagine the port could take up to a year or so.

I don't feel like waiting that long. I'll double dip it, though.

Mit-

Fingers crossed that Jake's background isn't as incredibly-lazy as "Uh, so yeah, Wesker was in Europe this one time, and he knocked some chick up somewhere and had an illegitimate son. Yeah."

Why the fuck they would go with something as stupid as that, instead of using a character similar to Wesker they already created and through the use of journals and documents became a rather major part of the plot--Alex Wesker, is beyond me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I want to play this on PC, but I imagine the port could take up to a year or so.

I don't feel like waiting that long. I'll double dip it, though.
That's the spirit, haha!

Ricker

Awesome OT and thanks for the avatar...hope its not taken ;)...not sure I will get this on launch,still thinking about it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I can take 3 posts

But the Bible iNvid posted about Ass Creed Rev was a sight to behold

Does the game have an online pass? I really don't want to buy this after playing the demos, but as a RE fan I feel obligated to at least give it a shot... via rental.

Dariso

Neo Member
Kinda worried about the game's framerate.Playing on PS3,offline Co-op so i wonder how the game will perform with spltscreen.
The demo's performance was decent but you could feel the dips, especially in the courtyard area of the Leon demo.

Initial reports from journalists who have the game already are putting the three campaigns completion time between roughly 24 and 27 hours. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Damn.

I will take my sweet time with this. Loved the demo, fan since RE1 and can't wait for Leon and Chris together.

Nemesis_

We don't know yet, but I would assume not. I don't think Capcom games generally have online passes.

I mean, if ORC didn't why would RE6?

ORC was much more online oriented and would've benefitted more from one.

But who knows at this point.

Vard

Great OP. Not convinced I should get it day 1 after playing the demo (controls were kind of weird), but there is a ton of content and various modes that sound interesting. I'll definitely get it at some point.

Looking forward to reading more impressions/reviews.

M- Games Review (German)

PS3: 88 %
360: 85 %

360: More slowdowns, more ( and longer) loading screens
PS3: More details (hairs, shadows, sharpness)

Source: http://www.consolewars.de/messageboard/showthread.php/35139-MANIAC-Wertungen/page32
So, do these head-to-heads always avoid using disc install option for the X360 version of games just because it's not mandatory the way many PS3 games force theirs? If they used that universal feature, I find it hard to believe that the PS3 version would load faster at all. Also, it's surprising to hear more detail in the PS3 version when it seems that every single MT Framework game has favored X360 significantly and that the public demo shows better textures and detail, overall, over the PS3 version from my time with them.

ciridesu

RE deserves only the best and this OT servers it well. Props. Both 'relatively concise' and rich in detail.

And Capcom, where's my European Anthology edition.

Top Bottom