• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Bang Theory - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidnic

Agreed. Ditch the passive-aggressive, bitchy girl and get with the hotter nerd you have way more in common with.

I agree but, where does Penny fit into the group??

That will make sense but I think Leonard and Penny have been going out to long it will be silly to break them up.

I agree but, where does Penny fit into the group??

She never did. The endless jokes about her being a failed actress, a waitress, and a total slut have worn thin. And the group of friends she has made she insults relentlessly. I guess I'm looking at it from a real-world, non sitcom approach. I just find the character really abrasive and horrible.

Ogni-XR21

They casted Kate Micucci again as the unique girl who goes out with the lonely guy, (see Scrubs).

Wasn't she also on 'till death as the daughter at some point. I know it's kind of a typecast on her part but I think she is a good choice.

Btw. I found the first joke of the episode where Penny is being stupid for thinking she saved someone from choking by telling a bus boy to be more irritating than Raj calling the other guys losers.

Mudkips

Banned
Not that out of character. Most of the time he's a jerk, even Howard has acknowledge this, just we don't hear him.

That was just a joke referring to Raj's inability to speak to females unless he's drinking. The "you" in "you just don't hear him" was referring to Penny (since she's female and rarely hears Raj speak).

We have no reason to believe Raj is a jerk outside of what we've seen.

Zoe

That was just a joke referring to Raj's inability to speak to females unless he's drinking. The "you" in "you just don't hear him" was referring to Penny (since she's female and rarely hears Raj speak).

We have no reason to believe Raj is a jerk outside of what we've seen.

But what we have seen is that Raj is a jerk, not just to women.

Nuklear

Banned
Yep.....it's getting kind of old how Leonard just follows her around, would be better off getting with Sheldon's assistant, she looks better anyway

Yeah, I was pretty pissed at the way she was acting. She's a pretty shallow person and Leonard could do definitely better. I was hoping Leonard would have told her to go fly a kite and make her go groveling back for once. The writers won't have that though.

Also I agree Raj has always had that asshole side to him. His selective mutism keeps him in check.

Dai101

Banned
Yeah, I was pretty pissed at the way she was acting. She's a pretty shallow person and Leonard could do definitely better. I was hoping Leonard would have told her to go fly a kite and make her go groveling back for once. The writers won't have that though.

Also I agree Raj has always had that asshole side to him. His selective mutism keeps him in check.

Well. She has grown, and this last episode throw a good point about her, i can see why she¿s so insecure but is in the right path for becoming Ms. Hofsdtater, eventually.

Raj is a jackass.

Rolloland

Banned
AFM (atomic force microscope) is an imaging tool. You can't fucking etch initials into a grain of sand with one. If you could you sure as shit wouldn't be able to see it in a microscope.

What they're going for is a god damn FIB (focused ion beam) which can etch on the nano-scale.

Plus it would take less than an hour, not all night.

This show is terrible. Second can't wait for Leonard to ditch the bimbo and marry the assistant.

Dai101

Banned
AFM (atomic force microscope) is an imaging tool. You can't fucking etch initials into a grain of sand with one. If you could you sure as shit wouldn't be able to see it in a microscope.

What they're going for is a god damn FIB (focused ion beam) which can etch on the nano-scale.

Plus it would take less than an hour, not all night.

This show is terrible. Second can't wait for Leonard to ditch the bimbo and marry the assistant.

vJOFPnm.gif

123rl

The show can still make me laugh occasionally but it isn't great. Bernadette is holding the show together now. She's the funniest character

xandaca

I still think this show is pretty terrific for the most part, although Sheldon grates on me more and more. Kaley Cuoco is a wonderful comic actress and while Penny and Leonard's romance seems built on the constant exchange of insecurities, she's been making great work of even her weakest material. Bernadette and Amy Farrah Fowler have been terrific additions to the regular cast, softening some of the boys' more abrasive personality traits (particularly Howard's perviness), and hopefully Kate Micucci can do the same for Raj, who has been stuck playing the same notes ('I'm lonely, possibly gay') for ages now. Aside from the truly dreadful Bakersfield Expedition, which had the show playing to all its worst and laziest criticisms, I've found this season to be enjoyable and funny with very few blips.

Rolloland

Banned

Wow I got called a nerd by someone in an online gaming forum in a thread for The Big Bang Theory ...

What has my life come too :(

Also I'd fire up my FIB at work and etch something into a chunk of glass for you, however I'm already on thin ice for etching a penis onto the SEM stage.

EYEL1NER

I've been watching this show while in Greenland since November (thankfully we get Rochester Fox up there, so we get two episodes a week night). Tonight, since I am home, I watched my first brand-new episode and it was good. I really want to pick up all the seasons on DVD on the cheap. Anyway, good episode tonight.

As for the hate for the show that was mentioned a couple posts above, I don't get it. I find the show to be hilarious at times. Laugh track (studio audience, I know)? Eh, I don't care; I'm usually laughing before it starts or along with it. "Bazinga?" I watched two episodes a week night for two and a half months and heard the word one time in that period with only one episode a repeat (after that period I saw the 'sleep-deprived Sheldon' episode where he says it a bunch in the ball pit). Characters don't change (mainly Raj)? I'm not seeing it. I didn't watch one of the first season's episodes until recently and didn't know that Raj's 'talking to females' problem was that bad, he definitely changed a lot.

I understand that not everyone will like everything, but the amount of hate the show gets on GAF or elsewhere? It makes me think of if Sheldon didn't like a show as much as some of them, how he would act.
Probably pretty similarly, and that might be why it is hard for some to watch.

Edit: And damn...Penny looked so much better at the beginning of the series!

RevoDS

Okay, that just caught my attention...why the hell is there shampoo and body wash on the table next to Raj's sofa?

Nuklear

Banned
Oh fuck, that Fun with Flags scene may be one of the funniest scenes ever on the show. I laughed through the entire scene!

neoism

lol <3 this damn show I swear 21 minutes just is not long enough glad I have nearly all episodes recorded on my dish... I usually watch a few eps a day lol... Most shows don't have rewatchability but this one sure does I've see every episode at least 2 times and its still funny as hell... Wish it was an hour long. :/... Also Penny is soo damn hot..

lol <3 this damn show I swear 21 minutes just is not long enough glad I have nearly all episodes recorded on my dish... I usually watch a few eps a day lol... Most shows don't have rewatchability but this one sure does I've see every episode at least 2 times and its still funny as hell... Wish it was an hour long. :/... Also Penny is soo damn hot..

The show I find a lot funnier when I rewatch it is New Girl. Just so many throwaway lines in there that I miss the first time, but love the second or third time.

It also doesnt hurt that Hannah Simone and Zooey are gorgeous.

Mista Koo

That's a 3DS!

I liked where they were going pairing him with Stewart in a bromance that could have been played comedicly as homosexual, but they seem to have dropped that all together
I like that. They need to either get back to it or jump the shark by killing Raj and replacing him with Stuart.

pikablu

Wow great episode. I love having Penny and Sheldon interact more often. It was great to see her show up on the "Fun with Flags" webseries and her attempting to help Sheldon out was great. It was so funny seeing Sheldon act incredibly awkward. I also really like the path they took with Raj's date. At first I was upset that she heartbroke him but in the end her reasoning was really well done. I can identify with people who have hard time interacting with others as I used to have a lot of trouble in that area. I actually thought of Rob B for a second in this episode. Anyways other than that I thought the whole scene where they got caught up in talking about Lobsters was hilarious, especially when Bernadette said "Let's just all go to Red Lobster and settle this situation."

Arjen

Man, this episode was hilarious, raj eating lobster in his underpants had me in stitches.
And i wish fun with flags was actually on youtube.

Dai101

Banned
Great episode all around. They finally give Raj some lesson and not just him being a jerk. Also confirmed, GAF is Sheldon.

miksar

What happened to this show? It used to be so bland and one-dimensional, now it is really emotional at times and while still having the same issues as before, often very funny. It feels like it is changing places with Community to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom