• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(09-29-2012, 02:30 AM)
I got a PM from someone who works for Superbot who will remain unnamed. He says the source's claims are false.
Loudninja
No oxygen in space?
How does the sun burn?
Food for thought.

Originally Posted by Hydrogen Bluebird

I think this should be put in the OP.

Oh well I think I am going to continue not to trust this than.
Zeroth

Originally Posted by RamzaIsCool

Wow what a clusterfuck. Still tho... the whole SCEJ involvement is pretty weird, or do they mean Shuhei Yoshida? Anyway the biggest thing I take away of this mess is that characterbegging apparantly helps, so I wonder if I should go in the PSABR thread now and start spamming for Alundra.

Well, apparently SCEJ is the boss of SCEA much like Nintendo of Japan controls Reggie NoA, so once they got wind of the situation they stepped on the PR department for creating all this.
Mr. Fix
(09-29-2012, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Slate Soda

What exactly were theses "leaks and teases" that Paul Gale gave?

Nothing was ever concrete, as he never made it that way (i.e. A character with a sword- lol) so he was able to save face or connect the hints to something totally left-field. From what I gathered, he's hinted at Snake, Crash and more recently Cloud.
WinFonda
Are you guys reading the same thing I am?

The story reads as if Kamiya ragging on the game was the tipping point in acquiring new characters for post-release DLC, mandated by SCEJ.

I call BS.
Kazuma Kiryu

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

It was supposed to hype up Revengance too.

well, nothing's gonna save ps all stars or revengeance anyways.
prwxv3

Originally Posted by Kagari

I got a PM from someone who works for Superbot who will remain unnamed. He says the source's claims are false.

What the fuck is going on here?
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)

lol, so much drama over nothing. Never trusting GAF ever again.

tsctsc
Tagg9

Well that's that. The whole thing sounded ridiculous anyway.
Darknight

Originally Posted by MisterHero

A bunch of severely distorted pictures.

Those pictures always pissed me off. So they served ZERO purpose? LOL
Afro Gunsou
Banned
(09-29-2012, 02:32 AM)

If that is the case, I will be checking in with mine right away. I still believe him but this warrants me contacting him further. Thanks.
zroid
(09-29-2012, 02:32 AM)
Okay I'm just going to assume this is fake then until proven otherwise
Instro
(09-29-2012, 02:33 AM)

From the new PR guys!
cutmeamango
Banned
Someone tweet Yoshida and tell him to save us.
Carl

Post that makes no sense is fake.
chertipros

This entire situation is just so freaking weird
-Pyromaniac-

so we have 2 people who could know both saying this is bullshit. I'm inclined to believe the same. It's just so stupid on all fronts it's hard to believe.
Mik_Pad
(09-29-2012, 02:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Wario64

Our favorite Sony Ex-PR guy said "no truth to any of that, to my knowledge." on Twitter.

I really hope so.
Mr. Fix

You should probably include this in the OP. It really goes two ways though:

- You could say that Afro's friend made up that story for being laid off

- Going by the story, SuperBot may not actually be telling the truth here, as they've said that they weren't affiliated with Paul a while ago

Either way, screw Paul Gale.
Uncle Rupee
Banned

...Kamiya's Twitter statement that the game is "a Smash Bros. rip-off".

Why would they even try to combat that? It's as blatant a rip-off as I've ever seen.
Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean it will be a bad game. But it is what it is.
Ryce
Are you guys seriously believing this? It's the most convoluted BS I've ever seen.
Drencrom

Well fuck...

Source saying other sources are wrong? I'm getting Wipeout/Studio Liverpool flashbacks now.
Last edited by Drencrom; 09-29-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Darknight
I cant believe Sony's first mash up game is going down in flames and has so much BS attached to it. Its really something.
GQman2121
Banned

Originally Posted by jett

What a weird situation. I guess it all stems from Superbot's ineptitude. They really should've taken a look at the beta's filebase.

This all seems like a huge overreaction for a game that doesn't deserve nearly this much attention. Lesson learned for all involved: Don't Be A Piece Of Shit Thinking You're Clever
Metalmurphy
Banned
So the "thing" Platinum Games was actually not happy about was probably this, and not the game it self.

But ofc, "Platinum Games not happy with All Stars" makes better headlines. Sucks that people lost their jobs over this though.
jett
D-Member
(09-29-2012, 02:35 AM)

kagari pls
Napalm_Frank

Shadow of the Colossus guys!

Guys?
PhoReal

Originally Posted by Ryce

Are you guys seriously believing this? It's the most convoluted BS I've ever seen.

Yeah, I read it twice and still don't understand it. Makes no sense. Seems like fabricated nonsense.
Mik_Pad

Thanks for the update we are done here.
Brad Grenz
If some PR reps got caught using a third party to deliberately mislead people about what would be in the game, then firing them was probably the right thing to do. The beta leaks and Platinum complaints are really a sideshow to that.
Cartman86
Rumors of rumors of rumors... sooo good.
prwxv3

Originally Posted by Darknight

I cant believe Sony's first mash up game is going down in flames and has so much BS attached to it. Its really something.

Its pretty fucking sad since the game is actually pretty good
Kagari
Crystal Bearer
(09-29-2012, 02:36 AM)

kagari pls

As a side note, I met this person at E3 so I don't think they'd tell me a bunch of garbage.
The Grim Heaper
WHAT IS GOING OOOOOONNNN

jesus this shit is too much
PhoReal
We must go deeper guys.
Carl
Maybe this was an attempt to get the media talking about PSASBR and drum up hype?

Hydrogen Bluebird
Of course, Superbot won't admit it even if it was true.
Tagg9

I wouldn't say it's going down in flames. The average person will have no idea about this marketing fiasco.
SniperHunter
Banned

Originally Posted by Ridley327

Instead of getting a proper reveal like the other characters had been getting, he was rather unceremoniously shown off in a bit of demo footage from PAX Prime. I think I remember that the website was accidentally updated with his profile photo before that footage even happened, as well.

Originally Posted by Mr. Fix

They wanted Raiden's (and Dante's) reveal trailer done in a similar fashion to Sonic/Snake's reveal trailers for Brawl (meaning actually decent). That was the agreement. Once the roster was leaked, SCEA panicked and we got the lame ass trailer(s) you see on the internet. It was supposed to hype up Revengance too.

sounds pretty bad, thnx for the info. Stupid Sony
libregkd

Given the initial reaction to the game's reveal, I can.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(09-29-2012, 02:37 AM)
They must have paid Kagari off already :P
MaverickHunterAsh
What a freaking mess. This is just unreal.
jett
D-Member

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

So the "thing" Platinum Games was actually not happy about was probably this, and not the game it self.

But ofc, "Platinum Games not happy with All Stars" makes better headlines. Sucks that people lost their jobs over this though.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/v...iden-interview

Inaba clearly states that they aren't happy with some stuff in All Stars, the game. Kamiya doesn't care for it either and has called it a smash bros ripoff on twitter.
Metalmurphy
Banned
"and directly urged Superbot to begin development on downloadable content that lines up with the fake leaks in order to keep good will with their early consumers who are obviously informed of leaks and rumors long before release."

Does doesn't sound like something any developer would do tbh.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/v...iden-interview

Inaba clearly states that they aren't happy with some stuff in All Stars, the game. Kamiya doesn't care for it either and has called it a smash bros ripoff on twitter.

I didn't say anything about Kamiya, and tbh, nothing Inaba doesn't really say much besides "reasons are different" and Yuji Korekado is pretty specific.
Last edited by Metalmurphy; 09-29-2012 at 02:40 AM.
prwxv3
Why would anyone make up this kind of bullshit for this kind of game?
TimeEffect

Lol wtf.

All part of Sony's master PR Plan, right guys?
Murrah
Everyone maybe we should all calm down and wait for Paul Gale to respond with more shirtless pictures of himself before we jump to conclusions
Hydrogen Bluebird

Originally Posted by Wario64

They must have paid Kagari off already :P

lol
Leona Lewis
(09-29-2012, 02:38 AM)
Well, obviously they'd deny it even if it were true. It's an embarrassing clusterfuck, and it would be in the best interests of current and former employees of Superbot to cast doubt on these claims.
MagiusNecros
Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
(09-29-2012, 02:38 AM)
Damage Control in effect.

:P

We will never know for sure though.