• @NeoGAF

fluffydelusions
(10-02-2012, 08:13 PM)
Lock if old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R21Gz...eature=g-all-u
Penguin
(10-02-2012, 08:22 PM)
I've never seen it

Shows some new locations.. at least to me.

Their approach to story-telling is intriguing. Curious to see if it ultimately works out.
cyberheater
PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 XBOX PS4 PS4
(10-02-2012, 08:26 PM)
I still don't think it looks that special graphically but that was an interesting dev diary and I'm more interesting in the game after watching it then I was before.

There seems to be a rich and detailed back story which is welcoming.

Thanks for posting.
gamingeek
(10-02-2012, 08:39 PM)
Great video thanks
Linkhero1
(10-02-2012, 08:47 PM)
I was worried that they were going to skimp out on story. The game is shaping up great.
Foxy Fox 39
Banned
(10-02-2012, 08:48 PM)
Wow. Can someone .gif 1:17-1:20? It looks almost real. First time I've really been impressed with this game.
SolidSnakex
(10-02-2012, 08:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Foxy Fox 39

Wow. Can someone .gif 1:17-1:20? It looks almost real. First time I've really been impressed with this game.

mclaren777
Banned
(10-02-2012, 09:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Foxy Fox 39

Flat lighting and desaturated colors often looks really good in games.
Kandinsky
(10-02-2012, 09:12 PM)
Nice to have a daytime section lol
lordmrw
(10-02-2012, 09:15 PM)
I really like the lighting in this game.
Phife Dawg
(10-02-2012, 09:22 PM)
Quite some variety in the localities. Still not a looker but solid enough, now I just need to know whether it'll be cut in Germany. Any news on that?
Captain Smoker
"Hey! What's your name
  then?"
"Mancomb Seepgood."
(10-02-2012, 09:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Phife Dawg

Quite some variety in the localities. Still not a looker but solid enough, now I just need to know whether it'll be cut in Germany. Any news on that?

Buy the austrian version. ;)
dyergram
(10-02-2012, 09:28 PM)
The only way I could be more hyped for this is if I could send it back to 12 year old me....
JDSN
You must walk home naked, dragging behind you the Stone of Shame.
(10-02-2012, 09:29 PM)
Im having my doubts about that hexagonal glare, unless the character has a visor on I dont get it.

Please dont turn into this game's black and white dead filter.
grimshawish
Banned
(10-02-2012, 09:29 PM)

Originally Posted by SolidSnakex

What brings that bit to life is how alive the buildings feel. This doesn't feel like a bullshit marketing diary which is nice; so far the environments look great and the atmosphere seems pretty rich.

The story sounds great, am guessing your sent on 'missions' as oppose to some sprawling character lead story? Since the 'survivor' stuff is in the game, I hope that it feels like your treated as a distinct survivor each time than randoms, but obviously that might be difficult.
Trigger
(10-02-2012, 09:31 PM)
The premise really does sound interesting. Hopefully the full story delivers.
Donnie
(10-02-2012, 09:33 PM)
Looks great to me, no idea how anyone can say it doesn't. Anyway wish there was a better quality video, even the 720p version has lots of compression artefacts.
Grakl
(10-02-2012, 09:34 PM)
I wouldn't have minded if RE went in this direction.
Phife Dawg
(10-02-2012, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Captain Smoker

Buy the austrian version. ;)

I would buy the UK version but I'd prefer to go with the German one since it's not really much more expensive and I could buy it day one - launch hype and all.

Originally Posted by JDSN

Im having my doubts about that hexagonal glare, unless the character has a visor on I dont get it.

Please dont turn into this game's black and white dead filter.

They are all wearing glasses ;).
JDSN
You must walk home naked, dragging behind you the Stone of Shame.
(10-02-2012, 09:35 PM)

Originally Posted by Grakl

I wouldn't have minded if RE went in this direction.

Instead, it went to every direction possible.
Grakl
(10-02-2012, 09:36 PM)

Originally Posted by JDSN

Instead, it went to every direction possible.

Heh.
Axiology
(10-02-2012, 09:38 PM)
Looks good.

Refreshing to finally have an idea of the game's story. Probably not gonna be scripture, but it seems to have thought put into it.

It was a little alarming, actually, how many posts there were a couple of weeks ago about this game being just an open world with nothing to do but kill zombies. I was sitting there like "Where's the PROOF" <_<
Captain Smoker
"Hey! What's your name
  then?"
"Mancomb Seepgood."
(10-02-2012, 09:40 PM)
Because everyone likes screenshots (bad video compression).

Tashbrooke
(10-02-2012, 09:43 PM)
This looks insane, but i dont think i could buy the wiiu for one game
TheNiX
(10-02-2012, 09:44 PM)

Originally Posted by grimshawish

What brings that bit to life is how alive the buildings feel. This doesn't feel like a bullshit marketing diary which is nice; so far the environments look great and the atmosphere seems pretty rich.

The story sounds great, am guessing your sent on 'missions' as oppose to some sprawling character lead story? Since the 'survivor' stuff is in the game, I hope that it feels like your treated as a distinct survivor each time than randoms, but obviously that might be difficult.

I agree with you on the atmosphere and buildings. Far too often Zombie games just give this set piece vibe that doesn't fully lend itself to the atmosphere of the game. I've shamelessly pre-ordered the game even though the WiiU will be for my girlfriend.
bobbychalkers
(10-02-2012, 09:44 PM)
I need a gif of 0:46 - 0:50....this game just keeps better and better every time I see it.
jmizzal
(10-02-2012, 09:45 PM)

Originally Posted by cyberheater

I still don't think it looks that special graphically but that was an interesting dev diary and I'm more interesting in the game after watching it then I was before.

There seems to be a rich and detailed back story which is welcoming.

Thanks for posting.

I dont get what you mean by dont look that special graphically? Do you mean not better then current PS3/360 games? Or just look like a Wii port in HD?

To mean it looks as good as COD Black Ops 2 and Halo 4, and that is great for a launch game. The lighting is amazing and the graphics look better with every new video.
fabricated backlash
(10-02-2012, 09:47 PM)
This really looks like my kind of game, and I enjoyed what I played at Gamescom. But holy the graphics have seen a huge improvement over that version I played there.
Phife Dawg
(10-02-2012, 09:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Tashbrooke

Well you could always get NSMBU and/or Rayman. Just sayin'.
[Clark Gable]
Banned
(10-02-2012, 09:52 PM)

Originally Posted by jmizzal

I dont get what you mean by dont look that special graphically? Do you mean not better then current PS3/360 games? Or just look like a Wii port in HD?

To mean it looks as good as COD Black Ops 2 and Halo 4, and that is great for a launch game. The lighting is amazing and the graphics look better with every new video.

Nope
Ashodin
(10-02-2012, 09:53 PM)

I said goddamn.
Tashbrooke
(10-02-2012, 09:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Phife Dawg

Well you could always get NSMBU and/or Rayman. Just sayin'.

Rayman and mario...hmm if i manage to get out of unemployment soon i might treat myself to one
blu
(10-02-2012, 09:55 PM)

You can always buy ZombiU twice.
Mihael Mello Keehl
(10-02-2012, 09:59 PM)
So now Im interested in the next one. When do these come out?
I NEED SCISSORS
Banned
(10-02-2012, 09:59 PM)
I think this is actually one of the few games i've seen that almost likes like playable concept art, even if it's not necessarily graphically impressive. They just nailed the lighting and grim look of London.

One of my most anticipated games this year for sure... might even be GOTY if they can live up to all the promises.
Grakl
(10-02-2012, 10:05 PM)

But you could buy it for multiple games.
Sammy Samusu
Banned
(10-02-2012, 10:07 PM)
GABRIELLE MY LOVE <3

*continues to watch*
not_so_special
(10-02-2012, 10:08 PM)
the problem is ( as anyone on eurogamer expo can check) is the game doesnt look that good when u are playing

unless these are from a new build its sounds the usual ubisoft bullshots tactics..yes they do that even with videos ( i still remember the first videos of ghost recon on 360) they use in game assets who look similar to the final product but apply better lighting,animation,etc etc just for a good looking video

if the game does look that good when it launches i dont have any problem to accept im wrong,but excuse me if i dont belive anything from these guys.
XenodudeX
(10-02-2012, 10:09 PM)

Originally Posted by not_so_special

the problem is ( as anyone on eurogamer expo can check) is the game doesnt look that good when u are playing

Opinion. People have said it looks great in person, while others has said it looks okay.
BD1
(10-02-2012, 10:14 PM)
Looks cool. I love the premise of perma death survival, and you can tell the teams are really into weaving a cool story into that mechanic.

Can't wait to play. I am rooting hard for this game.
F#A#Oo
Banned
(10-02-2012, 10:15 PM)
I think the flat lighting and textures makes the game not look as good as it could/should. From a gameplay point out view it has some interesting mechanics though and if it mixes it up well enough it should be entertaining.
not_so_special
(10-02-2012, 10:19 PM)

Originally Posted by XenodudeX

Opinion. People have said it looks great in person, while others has said it looks okay.

there are more opinions than "okay" or "great" underwhelmed is the most used

seriously if the game looks like this last video im very impressed and will ignite my desire to buy the wiiuzombe pack again.
DaSorcerer7
(10-02-2012, 10:20 PM)

That looks incredible
blu

Originally Posted by F#A#Oo

I think the flat lighting and textures makes the game not look as good as it could/should. From a gameplay point out view it has some interesting mechanics though and if it mixes it up well enough it should be entertaining.

The lighting is not flat, it's just predominantly diffuse. As it should be in that shot.
King_Moc

unless these are from a new build its sounds the usual ubisoft bullshots tactics..yes they do that even with videos ( i still remember the first videos of ghost recon on 360) they use in game assets who look similar to the final product but apply better lighting,animation,etc etc just for a good looking video

if the game does look that good when it launches i dont have any problem to accept im wrong,but excuse me if i dont belive anything from these guys.

And your point is? I think most people are excited about the similarities to Dark Souls and DayZ. And Dark Souls can hardly be accused of having amazing graphics.
Donnie
(10-02-2012, 10:23 PM)

You've very likely answered your own question there.

The builds taken to events like that are almost always months older than the latest available at the time, they like to make sure those builds are tried and tested well before the event.
Last edited by Donnie; 10-02-2012 at 10:27 PM.
playingwithfire
(10-02-2012, 10:23 PM)

There were multiple points in the video where I wasn't sure if I was looking at real footage of London, or concept art, or in-game footage.

I have a feeling Ubi may have done a little editing to the in-game stuff, but if it looks this good when I play it, I'll be happy.
INDIGO_CYCLOPS
(10-02-2012, 10:25 PM)
Looks really great, though I have zombie fatigue. It's got me considering the system though; Ubisoft is really pushing the boundaries with these new IPs like Watch_Dogs, ZombiU, etc.
Anteo
(10-02-2012, 10:25 PM)
So now I went from, "will get as soon as I get a WiiU" to "Day-1".
But I dont want to spend all my money =/ I want a 3dsXL too! Ubisoft!!! *shakes fist*
F#A#Oo
Banned
(10-02-2012, 10:26 PM)

Originally Posted by blu

The lighting is not flat, it's just predominantly diffuse. As it should be in that shot.

Hmm ok...but it doesn't look good imho.

I get they're trying to get the dark and dingy feel but I don't think the game benefits from the way it's being done.