• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Mobile Thread of Indie Games, and Apps on Android/Vita

Takao

Banned
ZG4RR.png

Q: What is PlayStation Mobile?
A: PlayStation Mobile is a framework for games, and apps developed for certified Android devices, as well as PlayStation Vita. These games and apps are cross compatible so a purchase on Vita works on an Android device, and vice versa up to three activations.

Q: I want to develop for PlayStation Mobile, how can I?
A: Join the developer program, the SDK is free with a $99/annual charge for publishing.

Q: When does PSM launch?

A: October 3rd

Q: Which regions will have access to PSM at launch?

A: US, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan and Australia

Q: Do PlayStation Mobile games support trophies and online gameplay?
A: At the moment PlayStation Mobile does not support trophies, but that is something that can be changed. Online leaderboards are supported.

Q: Which Android/PlayStation devices are currently supported?
A: Here are some of the devices that work:
  • PlayStation Vita
  • Xperia acro
  • Xperia acro HD
  • Xperia ion
  • Xperia S
  • Xperia arc
  • Xperia PLAY
  • Sony Tablet S
  • Sony Tablet P
  • HTC One S
  • HTC One X
  • HTC One V
For a full lists check here. Support has been pledged by Asus, Fujitsu and Sharp, so look for more devices in the future.

If you own one of the Android devices listed update your PlayStation Store application. If you do not have the PlayStation Store application follow these instructions. For users on the PlayStation Vita simply head to the PlayStation Store and hit the "PlayStation Mobile" tab on the top right next to the search bar.

Launch titles (North America):
Can't find a video? The PlayStation Store has screenshots for every PlayStation Mobile game/app.

Special thanks to PSNStores.com who are running a Mobile extravaganza with extensive interviews, previews, and more.

~The Future is Here~

Downloading Everybody's Arcade and Super Crate Box. Will post some impressions, if I remember later.

Man

The SDK seems pretty nice with C# Mono, OpenGL ES 2.0 equivalent, simulator etc and plenty of libraries. Need to create something someday.

Skyzard

Banned
Beats Trelis (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.) - $0.79

Music/sound composer, decent.

edit: better description- create various loops that you can start and stop like with a soundboard.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Huh the Xperia PLAY is supported. Thats pretty cool. I wonder how the slowdown is though for some of these games on the older devices.

Ruh Roh! I am going to need more space on my Vita Sony! Gonna reach 100 apps with this and everything else I already have lol.

Edit: Also I need recommendations. Very intrigued by Underlined, feel like I saw that somewhere before. What's the cream of the crop.

And yes everything Futurlab is bought, LAY OFF CARL! :p

Levyne

Banned
Um....forgive my stupidity but how do I access this on my Play?

(I'd check my Vita but it's unopened and I'm not sure if I want to open it...)

Skyzard

Banned
Beats, and Numblast are the weirdest SCE IP revivals so far on Mobile, lol.

They could have done worse! Btw beats isn't like the rhythm game on psp but it's an app (the only one at the moment) that basically lets you make songs - well, various loops. Quite detailed too, decent buy people find digital song composition fun.

Shinta

Banned
Samurai Beatdown is alright. The music doesn't always do a great job of showing you the correct rhythm for the slices, but you could do worse for a simple $1 game. It's super easy also. I haven't even gotten hit yet, and I'm on level 3. There's a harder difficulty, but I haven't unlocked it all yet. There are 5 levels. Each takes like, 2-5 minutes. I think you'll spend an hour on this game, max ... maybe 30 minutes. The music is entirely forgettable. It's like bad 70s kung fu funk parody. Some is techno style instead, which isn't bad at all.

DiscoJer

I wonder how long until PS Minis is done with. 12 more months?

I'm not sure that long. 3 months?

Beatshapers has 3 more on the way, Alawar might have a couple (they've been rated by the ESRB/PEGI), and there is Arson & Plunder (but who knows if that will come out). Also maybe a few more SNK games.

I'm going to miss reviewing them, I did about a 100 over the last couple years.

Takao

Banned
They could have done worse! Btw beats isn't like the rhythm game on psp but it's an app (the only one at the moment) that basically lets you make songs. Quite detailed too, decent buy people find digital song composition fun.

Yeah, I bought it and I have absolutely no clue as to what I'm doing, lol.

Huh the Xperia PLAY is supported. Thats pretty cool. I wonder how the slowdown is though for some of these games on the older devices.

I'm pretty sure PSM is a platform with a minimum spec, the games have to run well on all certified platforms.

That's different from regular android standards that mean the game just kinda has to work, like how GTA III sorta works on the play, but runs at a very low framerate.

KillerAJD

Played the first 3 levels in Fuel Tiracas and I'm enjoying it. I can't yet tell if the buttons are in a pattern or are completely random (the description on the store mentioned Simon), but getting faster is definitely something I could see spending some time on. Beats Trellis seems pretty cool so far. A lot of stuff to mess around with in that, but it doesn't look like you can export your music (or import samples for that matter, but I didn't expect that for $0.50). Not a big deal if you just pull it from the headphone jack, but it would be nice if it was built it (so that you could just export it to the Vita's Music Player).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Do purchases made on PSM count as purchases made on the store? Honestly have no idea if thats the case or not.

Asking for the purposes of the spending $100 get $20 back deal going for October :/

Top Bottom