• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ohio State University Marching Band video game show

Pineconn

Update 2: The original link is the viral video, but here is a very high quality video of the show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngjcAvg6TYg

Update 1: Here is a video of the band playing the music while sitting down. For those interested in listening to the music in a more in-depth manner, click here.

Original post:

This may not be the announcement of Bayonetta 3, but I think a number of you will enjoy this. Yesterday at the Ohio State/Nebraska college (American) football game, The Ohio State University Marching Band put on a video game show. Needless to say, the crowd loved it. The show includes music from Pokémon, Tetris, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, Halo, and Zelda, with a few extra marching formations from Space Invaders and Pac-Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAzzbrFgcUw

DAT HORSE

Note to mods: Please feel free to move this to off-topic if desired. Discussion isn't really about video games, but competition among band people.

My high school marching band didn't even make semi-finals at their most recent marching competition, lol. They normally kick everyone else's butts. Maybe they should play more vidya gaem music.

Grinchy

Banned
I go to this university. It's a shame I don't give a shit about football or I'd see more of the band. This shit is crazy though.

I go to this university. It's a shame I don't give a shit about football or I'd see more of the band. This shit is crazy though.
Even if you don't like football, being in the Horseshoe for a game is a really cool experience. I flew up a few weeks ago to watch the OSU/UCF game. Really good band and cool traditions throughout the stadium.

daebo

Even if you don't like football, being in the Horseshoe for a game is a really cool experience. I flew up a few weeks ago to watch the OSU/UCF game. Really good band and cool traditions throughout the stadium.

Yeah. Not to sound too corny love it when they dot the i.

zashga

Very nice! And some very impressive arrangement and formations from a band nerd's perspective. I actually get to attend an OSU home game in a couple weeks, so it should be fun to see this in person.

It was all amazing, and then epona BLEW me away. I would have got tickets to the game just to see that! Then again I always think the band is the highlight of the OSU games I went to. So amazing.

Miker

Best thing I've seen in ages. Was that the Gerudo Valley sneaking in at the beginning of the horse part?

Awesome. TBDBIDL indeed.

Reminds me of Westfield High School's 2004 show "The Game Within." The opener is the cinematic from the begining of FFVIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64LLwBCzeWE

I wish there was a better recording of it online though, this is from early season. It's pretty cool to watch from high-cam at one of the competitions (silent audience).

Top Bottom