• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Lord Ghirahim
(10-16-2012, 02:55 PM)

Originally Posted by BlackIronCount

Ugh this sucks. for a second i am hoping this could made buying stuff on JP PSN easier without PSN card:(

Same here. Oh well.
Tiduz
Eurogaime
(10-16-2012, 03:16 PM)
dunno how big this is in europe but the dutch Playstation twitter also posted a logocutout of IDEAL.

which is awesome, basically means direct bank transfer support.

edit: And ofc im late, couldnt post at work -_-
krae_man
(10-16-2012, 03:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Robso

Good choice from Sony. Now we just need the ability to add an exact amounts of money.

You do as long as it's over $5.
By the way, if ever this is implemented in the US store, does this mean that anyone abroad can put load in their account via PayPal.
OldJadedGamer
Banned
(10-16-2012, 03:23 PM)

Originally Posted by krae_man

I think he meant how like Apple allows you to add any amount regardless of how much it is.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(10-16-2012, 03:25 PM)

Originally Posted by krae_man

Not in this case. Paypal works by adding money to wallet, and you can only add increments of $5 to the wallet.
AranhaHunter
Banned
(10-16-2012, 03:33 PM)

Originally Posted by OldJadedGamer

I think he meant how like Apple allows you to add any amount regardless of how much it is.

I think he was being sarcastic.
Carl
(10-16-2012, 03:36 PM)

Originally Posted by ULTROS!

By the way, if ever this is implemented in the US store, does this mean that anyone abroad can put load in their account via PayPal.

No
Lumine
(10-16-2012, 03:39 PM)
Bloody excellent, haven't had a CC in a while. So outside WipeOut HD (which I already have) and I guess Flower and Journey (which I'll pick up soon because of this), any notable PSN releases one should get?
persongr
(10-16-2012, 03:39 PM)
It's available for greek accounts, too.

edit: beaten
Last edited by persongr; 10-16-2012 at 03:42 PM.
AbandonedTrolley
(10-16-2012, 03:40 PM)

Originally Posted by Lumine

Bloody excellent, haven't had a CC in a while. So outside WipeOut HD (which I already have) and I guess Flower and Journey (which I'll pick up soon because of this), any notable PSN releases one should get?

WipeOut Fury ;)
PixelJunk Sidescroller, Shooter, Shooter 2, Monsters
MadeInBeats
Banned
(10-16-2012, 03:40 PM)
Nice move Sony. Can't see 3DS/WiiU having it, but here's hoping.
OldJadedGamer
Banned
(10-16-2012, 03:45 PM)

Originally Posted by AranhaHunter

I think he was being sarcastic.

Why? It was a legitimate comment.
nny
(10-16-2012, 03:47 PM)
I just tried it, great addition.
tsab
(10-16-2012, 03:53 PM)
I wanted to test their warning to see if they just saying that or they will enforce it.

"Please note that your PayPal™ account must be registered in the same country as your Sony Entertainment Network account. For example, if your Sony Entertainment Network account was set up in France, you will only be able to use PayPal™ if your PayPal™ account billing address is also in France."

So I made a payment to my UK account with my Greek Paypal Account.
The payment went through, I have no funds added yet. Sony must process the payment first. Probably they will reject it.

So enforced, I guess
Polishin8r
(10-16-2012, 03:59 PM)

Originally Posted by Rebel Leader

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
(doesn't use paypal)

they need take this trash out and add amazon and google wallet
Jotamide
Banned
(10-16-2012, 04:14 PM)

Originally Posted by daevv

Add Canada to the no list. :(

Thanks, I needed confirmation of this for my weekly Sony shafting.
baekshi
(10-16-2012, 04:24 PM)

Originally Posted by Plishin8r

they need take this trash out and add amazon and google wallet

yes, needs amazon .
LuchaShaq
Banned
(10-16-2012, 04:26 PM)
I advise anyone not to use paypal if possible.

They are one of the morally scummiest internet companies.

Also they will fuck you and literally steal your shit for little to no reason.
Dibbz
(10-16-2012, 04:28 PM)

Originally Posted by LuchaShaq

What do you mean? I use them often and I've not ran into any problems. Is there something I should be looking out for?
Metalmurphy
Banned
(10-16-2012, 04:32 PM)

Originally Posted by Dibbz

What do you mean? I use them often and I've not ran into any problems. Is there something I should be looking out for?

Yes. Your account being locked for no good reason while they collect interest from your money.
Last edited by Metalmurphy; 10-16-2012 at 04:48 PM.
A.Romero
(10-16-2012, 04:46 PM)
My main account is from canada (same as my paypal account) but all my credit cards are from mexico.

Will i be able to buy gran the canadian store or the country restriction is still in place?
OldJadedGamer
Banned
(10-16-2012, 05:21 PM)

Originally Posted by LuchaShaq

You mean eBay... not Paypal.

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

Yes. Your account being locked for no good reason while they collect interest from your money.

I always have dual paypal/ebay accounts going so I can switch at any time if something like that comes up.
denshuu
(10-16-2012, 05:23 PM)

You mean eBay... not Paypal.

Same company. PayPal is a subsidiary of eBay.
Sora_N
(10-16-2012, 05:26 PM)

Originally Posted by daevv

Add Canada to the no list. :(

Ugh. Would've been awesome. I hate buying PSN cards.
IvanI
(10-16-2012, 05:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Gemüsepizza

Here is a list with countries where Paypal is available:

http://en.support.sonyentertainmentn...2949/kw/paypal

OldJadedGamer
Banned
(10-17-2012, 12:29 AM)

Originally Posted by denshuu

Same company. PayPal is a subsidiary of eBay.

Right, his complaint is with eBay.
denshuu
(10-17-2012, 01:46 AM)

Right, his complaint is with eBay.

Sure, and his complaint is with PayPal. It's incorrect to say "eBay, not PayPal." That doesn't mean anything. When he talks about PayPal, he is talking about eBay. That is what is means to be a subsidiary.
Last edited by denshuu; 10-17-2012 at 01:49 AM.
omenaa
(10-17-2012, 12:04 PM)
I hope this will come to HK and JP. Would save lot of money.

EDIT:

Please note that your PayPal™ account must be registered in the same country as your Sony Entertainment Network account.

wasted opportunity..
Last edited by omenaa; 10-17-2012 at 01:26 PM.
shink
(10-17-2012, 12:15 PM)
Boo not up in Australia.
SxP
(10-17-2012, 12:17 PM)
Adding funds through iDeal is something I wanted since I got my PS3. I honestly never thought they would do it though.
SLV
(10-17-2012, 12:46 PM)
OMG ! REALLY ? I can finally buy shit in the UK(lol Latvia) store without needing to buy a PSN card which usually has more moneys on it than the thing that i want to buy ? :O

I AM IN HEAVEN !

Waait, shit..... FUCK YOU SONY, make a goddamn PSN store in my country then !
vall03
(10-17-2012, 01:01 PM)
wait what?! PSN account region needs to be the same with PayPal account region?! that sucks, I was able to use my non-US PayPal account on my US Xbox Live account no problems, and here I am rejoicing that PayPal will come to PSN... *sigh*
Red Liquorice
needs to check himself
(10-25-2012, 02:25 AM)
I have a stupid question regarding PSN accounts (particularly to add funds with paypal, but also in general).

I've never used the PSN website, so I go to login with the email/password I used when making a PSN account on the PS3 itself - my login details didn't work. I'm completely baffled, is the website account different to the account on the PS3?
Shahed
(10-25-2012, 02:30 AM)

Originally Posted by Red Liquorice

I have a stupid question regarding PSN accounts (particularly to add funds with paypal, but also in general).

I've never used the PSN website, so I go to login with the email/password I used when making a PSN account on the PS3 itself - my login details didn't work. I'm completely baffled, is the website account different to the account on the PS3?

It uses the same details as it's still your PSN account. Not trying to be patronising but are you 100% you got everything right? When I first logged in I'd forgotten both email and password since it's saved on PS3. I just reset password and everything was fine
Red Liquorice
needs to check himself
(10-25-2012, 02:33 AM)

Originally Posted by Shahed

It uses the same details as it's still your PSN account. Not trying to be patronising but are you 100% you got everything right? When I first logged in I'd forgotten both email and password since it's saved on PS3. I just reset password and everything was fine

Yeah, the password is stored in the PS3, so I've never entered it in since signing up way back. I guess I could have written it down wrong - reseting is the way to go. Thanks.

/blonde moment.
Haunted
(10-25-2012, 03:02 AM)
No Germany? Goddamn fascists.

edit: here's hoping they'll have that sorted out when the PS4 is out, there's little interesting me on the PS3 PSN store anyway.
MadraptorMan
(10-25-2012, 01:58 PM)
Got so excited when I saw this thread title, only to find it doesn't apply to the US store...guess I won't be getting Journey any time soon after all... :(
mao2
(10-25-2012, 02:43 PM)

Originally Posted by MadraptorMan

Got so excited when I saw this thread title, only to find it doesn't apply to the US store...guess I won't be getting Journey any time soon after all... :(

Amazon.com sell US PSN cards (online code), and you can purchase them from overseas. Just enter a real US address for your billing address and you're set.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK4BC/

Or how about buying the game on disc?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CP6RWU/
MNC
(10-27-2012, 11:39 AM)
SHOCKING

I CAN NOW BUY SHIT FROM THIS STORE Fuck this is awesome!
Canis lupus
(10-27-2012, 11:41 AM)
They need to add Paypal function into to the Store aswel.
MadraptorMan
(11-02-2012, 10:46 AM)

Originally Posted by mao2

Amazon.com sell US PSN cards (online code), and you can purchase them from overseas. Just enter a real US address for your billing address and you're set.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004RMK4BC/

Or how about buying the game on disc?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008CP6RWU/

Can't buy on disc 'cause I'm in Japan (but I have a US credit card with a US address).

$20 code hasn't been available for a while now..
onimushroom
(11-08-2012, 03:32 PM)
Wanted to buy Okami HD today, so decided to try the new PayPal option. Transaction failed, as PayPal said the payment's status is "Cancelled". Discovered then that my PayPal's address has to be the same as my PSN account's address (for no apparent reason). As Sony doesn't have my country in the selectable list when creating a PSN account, I was forced, long ago, to create my PSN account with an address from a neighbouring country (we're both in the EU though). Naturally this fake address isn't the same one I use with PayPal (which isn't a company from the stone age and lets me use my real address). Now I'm stuck using those stupid PSN cards, which have to be the exact same country's as my PSN address (again, for no apparent fucking reason), and even the new PayPal option is useless. I haven't touched my PS3 for a long time, but was kinda interested in PS+ and stuff, and would have probably bitten the bullet as an impulse buy via PayPal, but now I'm quite pissed off and am gonna go back to avoiding my PS3. Sony just doesn't want money.

tl;dr: Just found out that PSN PayPal is useless and wanted to rant.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(11-08-2012, 04:02 PM)

Originally Posted by A_S

Wanted to buy Okami HD today, so decided to try the new PayPal option. Transaction failed, as PayPal said the payment's status is "Cancelled". Discovered then that my PayPal's address has to be the same as my PSN account's address (for no apparent reason). As Sony doesn't have my country in the selectable list when creating a PSN account, I was forced, long ago, to create my PSN account with an address from a neighbouring country (we're both in the EU though). Naturally this fake address isn't the same one I use with PayPal (which isn't a company from the stone age and lets me use my real address). Now I'm stuck using those stupid PSN cards, which have to be the exact same country's as my PSN address (again, for no apparent fucking reason), and even the new PayPal option is useless. I haven't touched my PS3 for a long time, but was kinda interested in PS+ and stuff, and would have probably bitten the bullet as an impulse buy via PayPal, but now I'm quite pissed off and am gonna go back to avoiding my PS3. Sony just doesn't want money.

tl;dr: Just found out that PSN PayPal is useless and wanted to rant.

The full address needs to be the same or just the country?
onimushroom
(11-08-2012, 04:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

The full address needs to be the same or just the country?

I didn't check, as I can't change the country anyways. (I assume it all has to be the same)

Edit: My PSN account's full adress is the same as PayPal account's, except for the different country.
Last edited by onimushroom; 11-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Bl4ckSunsh1n3
(11-08-2012, 04:41 PM)

Got so excited when I saw this thread title, only to find it doesn't apply to the US store...

Same here. Buying PSN cards isn't a pain but, it would be a lot easier to use PayPal.
mao2
(11-08-2012, 05:53 PM)

Can't buy on disc 'cause I'm in Japan (but I have a US credit card with a US address).

$20 code hasn't been available for a while now..

Sorry for the late reply. If you're in Japan, you can buy Journey from Japan PS Store. The Japanese title is "風ノ旅ビト" (kaze no tabibito). As for the disc, you can import it from online stores like Play-Asia.
http://www.play-asia.com/Journey_Col...n-70-542b.html
Americanmushroom
(11-08-2012, 05:58 PM)
Cool for some i guess, not really relevant to me. But it's cool to see options coming on now, looks like they're getting ready for next gen
Arla
(11-08-2012, 06:10 PM)
Call me when they add exact funds like on the eShop. I don't wanna spend $20 when the thing I wanna buy costs a lot less than $20.
pahamrick
(11-08-2012, 06:13 PM)

Originally Posted by Arla

Call me when they add exact funds like on the eShop. I don't wanna spend $20 when the thing I wanna buy costs a lot less than $20.

Can't you add exact funds when purchasing something? That's how it's always worked for me.