• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 41, 2012 (Oct 08 - Oct 14)

NeonZ

He he, we wont :-D
I'm kidding :D

I find it surprising that sales patterns are so evidently close to past entries for both sequels. Has there ever been some kind of "Project X" earlier in the japanese vg history? I don't know, something along the likes of Jump Super Stars.

Project X is pretty much Namco vs Capcom 2 in all but name, even the original characters reated for NvC are in PXZ too.

I'm half expecting Hino to pull another LBXW and roll out a Wii U version of IE Strikers Go for the holiday. Nintendo seems to like 3rd party SD port ups anyway (MH3G, DQX).

-Eddman-

Good numbers for Bravely Deafault. Hopefully this encourages Square-Enix to put more original games on 3DS and nice 3D remakes of Final Fantasy V and VI

allan-bh

[3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire!

I don't know this game, but it debuted with 30k and now is close to 200k. Nice legs.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
excellent start for BD. Nex week will probably see a huge drop but I think it'll end up at 400k in Japan

Vita reminds me of this

3973852_o.gif

CronoShot

Longer even. You have to back to Radiata Stories in January 2005 to get a higher debut. And before that Kingdom Hearts in 2002, though I think a good argument can be made against any game starring Mickey Mouse being a "New IP" really.
Interesting. How did Radiata Stories end up doing?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I think it was 150k. Even that more conservative number is unrealistic for them. They should change their name and actually develop some quality product.

Id rather just see the whole company go under. Since the last thing we need is for them to go and waste another license like what they did with Black Rock Shooter. Not to mention the horrid redesign that happened to 7th Dragon.

vareon

To think that we have confirmation of Tokitowa's English release but not Bravely Default is kinda absurd.

Id rather just see the whole company go under. Since the last thing we need is for them to go and waste another license like what they did with Black Rock Shooter. Not to mention the horrid redesign that happened to 7th Dragon.

I thought both were quite good? And what happened with 7th Dragon 2020 (IIRC)?

zroid

Banned
How does BD:FF stack up as a new IP debut?

Nirolak posted this earlier, comparing various Square Enix spinoffs and new IPs

Final Fantasy:
Final Fantasy 3: 501,701
Final Fantasy 12: RW: 404,342
Final Fantasy 4: 308,794
FFCC: RoF: 206,439
FFTA2: 158,408
FFG: 4WoL: 119,634
FFCC: EoT: 101,989
FF Fables: CT: 29,065
C&C Mystery Dungeon: 27,770
Chocobo No English Title: 20,200

Other Established Brand:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2: 291,211
Chrono Trigger: 276,049
Itadaki Street: 140,560
Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded: 119,532
Children of Mana: 105,534
SaGa 2: 100,563
Valkyrie Profile: TAO: 73,779
SaGa 3: 30,322
Front Mission 2089: 20,476
Heroes of Mana: 20,219
Front Mission: 17,715
Lufia: 14,110

New IP:
TWEWY: 81,326
Blood of Bahamut: 31,506
Nanashi No Game: 30,816
Egg Monster Hero: 29,464
Sigma Harmonics: 24,619
Nanashi No Game: Eye: 10,320
Cross Treasures: 7,494

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet's little corner

[PS3] Tales of Xillia - 782pt
[PS3] Tales of Xillia 2 - 415pt

[Wii] Animal Crossing: City Folk - at highest 53pt for both SKUs ( probably more around 80pt)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: Jump Out - 233pt

[PSP] Little Battler Xperience - 109pt
[PSP] Little Battler Xperience W - 68pt
[PSV] Little Battler Xperience W - less than 27pt

Comgnet's little corner

[PS3] Tales of Xillia - 782pt
[PS3] Tales of Xillia 2 - 415pt

[Wii] Animal Crossing: City Folk - at highest 53pt for both SKUs ( probably more around 80pt)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: Jump Out - 233pt

[PSP] Little Battler Xperience - 109pt
[PSP] Little Battler Xperience W - 68pt
[PSV] Little Battler Xperience W - less than 27pt

Animal Crossing should destroy this holiday. Might get away with highest software LTD on the 3DS until Monster Hunter 4 comes.

zroid

Banned
BDFF-type games don't usually have long legs but being a new IP and apparently affected by shortages, word of mouth may take it a bit farther.

Vinnk

I was thinking maybe that's a bit unrealistic but perhaps not depends how much shortages effected it

I know Amazon sold out and some of the large big city shops but I can still get it at every shop in my city that I was in this week. I'd say if anything, it's "mildly supply constrained in certain areas" This is nothing like Final Fantasy III or Joker.

P90

The PS Mortis died already. It just hasn't shut down completely yet.

It isn't looking good for the Vita. I'm still gonna put on my happy face of denial and hope those funky Japanese niche titles still make it to production.

Solid 3DS numbers.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It isn't looking good for the Vita. I'm still gonna put on my happy face of denial and hope those funky Japanese niche titles still make it to production.

Solid 3DS numbers.

I hope it does better too, a couple buddies of mine were wondering about it.

smbu2000

I guess I just gave Japan too much credit. Dishonored is not a game that should sell under 10k in any place that likes good games.
Well the 360 version of Dishonored is an Amazon JP exclusive and whatever stock they had of it sold out as the next shipment isn't due until Nov. 2nd.

I saw a commercial for it when I was watching an NFL game (via nfl game pass) and I thought it looked interesting. I may pick up the 360 version myself from Amazon JP when they get more in stock.

Solid 3DS numbers.

I could definitely see Vita being in a DC/360-like situation, where it continues to get a trickle of niche/otaku titles for a number of years despite being irrelevant (if not outright dead) in the broader market.

Top Bottom