• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Borderlands 2 DLC - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage

warerare

Uninformed comments will do that.

I'm not sure why you'd only start paying attention to something that'd matter that much to you after the game was released. I literally don't think they could be more upfront with how much DLC they would be releasing outside of selling it ahead of time.

I am perfectly happy with how upfront they are about the DLC its just with the Backlog I am trying to clear before Wii U comes out I have alot on my plate. I have also tired of paying for DLC and am now starting to wait for a more complete experience. I am not short of stuff to play so am happy to wait a little.

What I find funny is that even after the complaints they still put the arenas in 2, they're still boring as all hell. They're just too boring and drag on for far too long.

tracymorganno.gif

NOT EVEN COMPARABLE

Moxxi:

Gave no Exp.

Had no save points

Was near-impossible to solo

Went on for four hours per arena IF YOU WERE LUCKY.

The arenas in 2 fixed all of these issues.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Makes you wonder if people even played the DLC Moxxi arena with all of the idiotic comparisons they are making with the ones in 2. Seems to be just to be more of the same jump on the hate bandwagon without remembering anything about the original.

Whatever else they do with this DLC, they had better increase storage space. A level cap increase would be good too, but storage is an absolute must. How could they think that creating a game about bazillions of guns and then limiting the player to 27 slots was a good idea? I've kind of lost the desire to farm more legendaries because my bag space is always a problem.

Gorillaz

There will be a Season 2 DLC Pass. At this point it seems like it will head that direction. There is no way in hell they will burn out of all 4 add ons and call it quits this early.

mocoworm

Eurogamer review:

Eurogamer - 9/10

"As with all DLC of this type, Campaign of Carnage is more like a house extension than a new build, and as such it benefits from all of the rhythms and systems of its overarching game structure: experience points, weapons and cash earned here feeding into the broader Borderlands 2 economy. As such, Gearbox has been able to focus on the narrative elements, on the characterisation, on finding the most outrageous tasks for you to perform at the behest of Mr Torgue. Lean, crafted, memorable, enriching and funny, the Campaign of Carnage is yet more evidence that nobody does post-release game expansion better than the Borderlands team. Essential."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-23-borderlands-2-mr-torgues-campaign-of-carnage-review

finished mr torque yesterday.

the difference between vanilla bl2 and those two dlcs is abysmal

please gearbox stop outsourcing stuff!

Duallusion

You can cheese most of the bosses, including the last one. Waste of otherwise cool boss designs.
Torque is pretty funny. Gilbert Gottfried would be proud.
It felt shorter then Scarlet DLC.
Too many timed missions for my taste. I hate timed missions.
Sup', Tiny Tina is back with a couple of missions. Nothing special.
Another DLC exclusive currency , with which you can buy Torque weapons. All Torque stations have a random orange weapon that costs about 600 "torque-bucks". I had about 200 when I finished the campaign including most of side missions...
One new raid boss. Didn't even bother to check how fast he would maul my single-player sniper-build ass.
I got zero new oranges. No surprise there.
7/10. Closer to 6 then 8. IMO etc. etc.

sflufan

Banned
This was a thoroughly entertaining piece of DLC.

It was quite a bit funnier than Scarlett thanks largely to how over-the-top ridiculous Torgue is and the quest quality is vastly superior to the fetch quests that seemed to dominate Scarlett.

And any comparisons to the Moxxi DLC from BL1 are so completely off-base that I can't imagine that anyone making them has played either DLC!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This was a thoroughly entertaining piece of DLC.

It was quite a bit funnier than Scarlett thanks largely to how over-the-top ridiculous Torgue is and the quest quality is vastly superior to the fetch quests that seemed to dominate Scarlett.

And any comparisons to the Moxxi DLC from BL1 are so completely off-base that I can't imagine that anyone making them has played either DLC!

Good to read this. I just started it so I will pass word along as I am already taken by this DLC. Seems really good.

Top Bottom