• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Thraktor
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:20 PM)
Thraktor's Avatar
Probably not thread-worthy, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it. Was in my local GameStop here in Dublin and noticed this on the shelf amongst the other Wii U pre-orders:

Of course, this could very well just be a mistake on GameStop's part, but given Ubisoft's support for the system, it wouldn't exactly be very surprising to see the game come to the system.

Edit: And of course, the image doesn't work. I'm on my iPad, I'll have it working in a sec.

Edit 2: Not used to using dropbox for this kind of thing. Link works, embedding the image doesn't.


Edit 3: Thanks to Desmond for the re-host!
Last edited by Thraktor; 10-30-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Derrick01
Banned
(10-30-2012, 02:23 PM)
Derrick01's Avatar
I thought this was already confirmed to come to the system?
SuicidalSteve
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:23 PM)
SuicidalSteve's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thraktor

Probably not thread-worthy, but I couldn't find anywhere else to put it. Was in my local GameStop here in Dublin and noticed this on the shelf amongst the other Wii U pre-orders:



Of course, this could very well just be a mistake on GameStop's part, but given Ubisoft's support for the system, it wouldn't exactly be very surprising to see the game come to the system.

Edit: And of course, the image doesn't work. I'm on my iPad, I'll have it working in a sec.

Sam is a sneaky one! You won't be able to see him until it's too late
Phazon
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:24 PM)
Phazon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I thought this was already confirmed to come to the system?

it was a rumor started by hiphopgamer i think
Desmond
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:25 PM)
Desmond's Avatar
Seo é. :)


edit: there we go.
Last edited by Desmond; 10-30-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Derrick01
Banned
(10-30-2012, 02:26 PM)
Derrick01's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phazon

it was a rumor started by hiphopgamer i think

I remember it being in some list of games in one of these threads on here after E3.
Thraktor
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:27 PM)
Thraktor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I thought this was already confirmed to come to the system?

A few rumours and one or two retailer listings a few months back, but nothing official.
Phazon
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:29 PM)
Phazon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I remember it being in some list of games in one of these threads on here after E3.

Could also be :)

Here's the vid if anyone wants to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...M4miqaI#t=358s
Zarovitch
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:31 PM)
Zarovitch's Avatar
Nice if it true.
But i little sad that the game seem more action than stealth.
Aostia
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:32 PM)
Aostia's Avatar
Another "NfS" hint to the release of this game for the Wii U.
Let's wait and see...
Thraktor
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:35 PM)
Thraktor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Desmond

Seo é. :)




edit: there we go.

Go raibh maith agat.
Skiesofwonder
Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
(10-30-2012, 02:36 PM)
Skiesofwonder's Avatar
If true, spies vs. mercs local multiplayer please! Two mercs splitscreen on the TV, one spy on the Gamepad. Would be double awesome if this somehow had two Gamerpad support as well, but I'm not holding my breath.
Tenki
Member
(10-30-2012, 02:37 PM)
Tenki's Avatar
Great news.
Thraktor
Member
(10-30-2012, 03:03 PM)
Thraktor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Skiesofwonder

If true, spies vs. mercs local multiplayer please! Two mercs splitscreen on the TV, one spy on the Gamepad. Would be double awesome if this somehow had two Gamerpad support as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

It does seem perfectly suited to the gamepad. Hell, I wouldn't even mind if they absolutely butchered the graphics to get 2 spies on gamepads vs 4 mercs on the TV. I don't expect Nintendo to start selling gamepads separately until late next year, though (to co-incide with Madden '14), and even then I can't see them putting the necessary resources into supporting a feature only a few percent of players would use.
Quentyn
Member
(10-30-2012, 03:42 PM)
Quentyn's Avatar

Ubisoft declined to comment on the matter when questioned by Eurogamer this afternoon.

Not surprising

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ed-at-gamestop
Last edited by Quentyn; 10-30-2012 at 03:45 PM.
AOC83
Banned
(10-30-2012, 03:43 PM)
Itīs Ubisoft, they port everything.
Amir0x
demodded, not denutted
(10-30-2012, 03:48 PM)
Amir0x's Avatar
frankly with the state of the Splinter Cell franchise, Wii U owners might have counted themselves lucky that their system wasn't blighted by it
ThoseDeafMutes
Very good! Keep thrusting!
(10-30-2012, 03:48 PM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar
I'm holding out for Chaos Theory on WiiU. DS and 3DS both got it, so why the hell not!
Hot Coldman
Member
(10-30-2012, 03:49 PM)
Hot Coldman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Amir0x

frankly with the state of the Splinter Cell franchise, Wii U owners might have counted themselves lucky that their system wasn't blighted by it

But I wanted to KILL IN MOTION on the gamepad :(((
11redder
Junior Member
(10-30-2012, 03:52 PM)
11redder's Avatar
Ubisoft - mar sin ni haon ionadh e.

Gaelgoir GAF.
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(10-30-2012, 03:53 PM)
schuelma's Avatar
Yeah this one has been leaked by a lot of retailers.
Desmond
Member
(10-30-2012, 03:57 PM)
Desmond's Avatar

Originally Posted by 11redder

Ubisoft - mar sin ni haon ionadh e.

Gaelgoir GAF.

Ó a thiarcais!

Hope I spelt that right.
japtor
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:05 PM)
japtor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Phazon

Could also be :)

Here's the vid if anyone wants to see it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...M4miqaI#t=358s

Guess we'll see if the other stuff he said about it is true then.

(he also said Revengeance is coming in a more recent video, really hoping he's right about that one)
11redder
Junior Member
(10-30-2012, 04:05 PM)
11redder's Avatar

Originally Posted by Desmond

Ó a thiarcais!

Hope I spelt that right.

Is fearr Gaeilge briste na Bearla cliste.
vdlow
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:08 PM)
vdlow's Avatar
I was surprised that this wasn't announced at E3. Let's see how they use the Gamepad and if it's releasing at the same time as the other consoles. That will decide where do I buy this game.
jaypah
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:13 PM)
jaypah's Avatar
Scream into the microphone to alert guard then tap on his face for extreme headshot!
Gianni Merryman
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:14 PM)
Gianni Merryman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I remember it being in some list of games in one of these threads on here after E3.

Maybe you're mistaking it with Ghost recon, that was also showed as a playable demo at E3 2011.
Dabanton
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:16 PM)
Dabanton's Avatar
As someone said it's Ubisoft if you're launching a console they'll be there with as many games as they have to sell you.

What will be interesting is seeing what they do with the gamepad. I still hold that after the initial launch buzz and a few good ideas of how to use the screen imaginatively. Most third parties will revert to just using it as a map and item screen.
jerd
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:16 PM)
How's the Splinter Cell franchise doing these days? I haven't even played one this gen.
Oddduck
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:18 PM)
Oddduck's Avatar

Originally Posted by AOC83

Itīs Ubisoft, they port everything.

Pretty much this lol.
Dabanton
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:19 PM)
Dabanton's Avatar

Originally Posted by jerd21

How's the Splinter Cell franchise doing these days? I haven't even played one this gen.

I've found them enjoyable.

I know people shit on Conviction and the SP deserves it. But the co-op and deniable ops modes were pure old school SC to me.

With the added bonus of better controls.
Firest0rm
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:19 PM)
Firest0rm's Avatar
FutureShop and BestBuy in Canada has had it listed for a while
kitsuneyo
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:21 PM)
kitsuneyo's Avatar
Ubi loves WiiU. Hope the game turns out good.
Desmond
Member
(10-30-2012, 04:33 PM)
Desmond's Avatar

Originally Posted by 11redder

Is fearr Gaeilge briste na Bearla cliste.

Ceart go leor. :)
Smiles and Cries
To hell with Bono,
here's a worthy cause.
(10-30-2012, 07:45 PM)
Smiles and Cries's Avatar
http://www.examiner.com/article/spli...e-wii-u-leaked

Seems like a really sneaky game Nintendo is playing with these titles just showing up at stores long before they are confirmed to be coming

Black Ops II

Need For Speed Most Wanted

now this?

This encourages port begging of any title you don't see a Wii U logo on which around here will be hazardous, not without some announcements to allow it.
Thraktor
Member
(10-30-2012, 08:19 PM)
Thraktor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Smiles and Cries

http://www.examiner.com/article/spli...e-wii-u-leaked

Seems like a really sneaky game Nintendo is playing with these titles just showing up at stores long before they are confirmed to be coming

Black Ops II

Need For Speed Most Wanted

now this?

This encourages port begging of any title you don't see a Wii U logo on which around here will be hazardous, not without some announcements to allow it.

That just links to CVG which links back here. That said, both IGN and Eurogamer got "No comment" from Ubisoft, which I'd take to mean a Wii U version is actually planned.
GDGF
Soothsayer
(10-30-2012, 08:23 PM)
GDGF's Avatar
Now all we need is Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs and all the rumored Wii U games will have proven true.

(if this is real that is)
Neo C.
Member
(10-30-2012, 08:35 PM)
Neo C.'s Avatar
Can someone explain me the logic of sneaking games into launch? I understand why publishers push some titles more than others, but the "no advertisement at all" approach is kinda strange.
Thraktor
Member
(10-30-2012, 08:39 PM)
Thraktor's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neo C.

Can someone explain me the logic of sneaking games into launch? I understand why publishers push some titles more than others, but the "no advertisement at all" approach is kinda strange.

Splinter Cell won't be a launch game (it's due in spring). The only launch window game they've "snuck in" is Black Ops 2, but that was announced about two months or so before launch.
jmizzal
Member
(10-30-2012, 08:48 PM)
jmizzal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Derrick01

I remember it being in some list of games in one of these threads on here after E3.

It was one of the games on the leaked Blockbuster list

Which also had Zombie Game before we knew ZombiU was coming and it had Marvel game before we knew Avengers Battle for Earth was coming to WiiU.

So its pretty much coming

Now we need GTAV which is a Spring game so it could be announced late too
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(10-30-2012, 08:49 PM)
schuelma's Avatar

Originally Posted by jmizzal


Now we need GTAV which is a Spring game so it could be announced late too


GTA is not coming.
Hoodbury
Member
(10-30-2012, 09:00 PM)
Hoodbury's Avatar

Originally Posted by AOC83

Itīs Ubisoft, they port everything.

Haven't seen or heard of any FarCry 3 leaks yet.
Oersted
Junior Member
(10-31-2012, 03:55 PM)
Oersted's Avatar
I guess the official reveal is tomorrow or in 5 days.
Mael
Member
(10-31-2012, 03:58 PM)

Originally Posted by schuelma

GTA is not coming.

Word from god or wishful thinking?
I don't care after GTAIV I won't touch V with a 10 feet pole
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(10-31-2012, 04:02 PM)
schuelma's Avatar

Originally Posted by Oersted

I guess the official reveal is tomorrow or in 5 days.

?
Oersted
Junior Member
(10-31-2012, 04:28 PM)
Oersted's Avatar

Originally Posted by schuelma

?

Constant official reveal of a game for Nintendo consoles rumors for these two days plus this leak from the king of leaks, made me jump to this educated guess. It fits but doesnīt have to.
gamergirly
Member
(10-31-2012, 05:15 PM)
gamergirly's Avatar
Lol, if not online, you can go into stores for confirmation of your favorite games :P
diamount
Banned
(10-31-2012, 05:17 PM)
It would make sense for Ubisoft to do this.
Syphon Filter
Member
(10-31-2012, 05:20 PM)
Syphon Filter's Avatar
why do people get so happy over 3rd part ports?
PhantomR
Banned
(10-31-2012, 05:22 PM)
Excellent news :)


Watch Dogs! Make it happen Ubi

Thread Tools