• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 43, 2012 (Oct 22 - Oct 28)

liger05

The Vita is dead. I know each week is like groundhog day but its just amazing how much of failure this has been for sony. Even the biggest pessimist would not of thought the vita would bomb this bad.

I rememeber a few months back when the sales were tanking and some people were saying "Vita will be ok". Do these people still believe that and if so why?

Nairume

Banned
Wow, Vita is kind of fucked, guys.

Capcom can not be feeling good about holding SFxT content back until the Vita version came out.

test_account

XP-39C²
Sorry didn't mean that, bad wording from me.
Not bad wording, i understood what you ment :) The 3DS was already very popular when the 3DS LL came, and the Vita was already selling bad at that time. So i was just wondering in what way you ment it was funny because it is no big surprise that the 3DS LL will pass the Vita when the trends has been going on for some months =)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
The Vita is dead. I know each week is like groundhog day but its just amazing how much of failure this has been for sony. Even the biggest pessimist would not of thought the vita would bomb this bad.

I rememeber a few months back when the sales were tanking and some people were saying "Vita will be ok". Do these people still believe that and if so why?

It's a marathon not a sprint.

m0t0k1

hmmm i wonder if it was such a smart idea to release akb48+me against Idolmasters. I think they should have waited a bit.

Oersted

Yeah

That's probably the problem

Maybe Sony should work together with Doritos to reach and educate their audience

Ohyou.jpg xD

Vita dead and BD havind strong legs is non-news. Two X360-games in the Top Twenty is the actual news. These games deserved it btw

[PS2] Zone of the Enders &#8211; 75,624 / 120,656 <62.6%>
[PS2] Zone of the Enders (Konami the Best) &#8211; ---,--- / 1,010

[PS2] Anubis Zone of the Enders &#8211; 66,128 / 97,296 <67.9%>
[PS2] Anubis Zone of the Enders Special Edition &#8211; 16,136 / 35,533

[PS3] Zone of the Enders HD Edition &#8211; 44.751

[PS3] Street Fighter X Tekken &#8211; 54,599 / 72,079 <75.7%>
[360] Street Fighter X Tekken &#8211; 8,115 / 8,115
[PSV] Street Fighter X Tekken &#8211; 4.813

Solid holds for Taiko, Bravely Default, NSMB2, and Tousouchuu. All of these are about to take off again soon with hardware boosts and holidays.

FIFA dropped like a rock.

Mileena

Banned
Wow, Vita is kind of fucked, guys.

Capcom can not be feeling good about holding SFxT content back until the Vita version came out.
They didn't. Console DLC came out months ago when they realized the Vita version was gonna sell like 4 copies.

mujun

Man I feel bad for the Vita, it doesn't deserve this.

Japan loves their Dark Souls and Bravely Default though. Glad both of them were hits.

How can you say it doesn't deserve it when Sony stubbornly released a dedicated handheld fully knowing the state of the market?

Mileena

Banned
How can you say it doesn't deserve it when Sony stubbornly released a dedicated handheld fully knowing the state of the market?
It deserves better than how Sony is handling it. It's not debatable that the hardware is godlike and destroys the 3DS hardware. Just.... Sony. It has no chance, its dead now.

I think we have another DS/PSP, Wii/PS3 situation here (or a Western analogy, Wii/360) where the latter console has a second life after the former with its cheaper price initially rules the roost.

In 3/4 years time when everyone has bought a 3DS and the Vita is cheap enough it will roar it's head and come back as development costs and retail value will finally be affordable to the average consumer.
The difference is the PS3 and PSP had major support announced at launch from SE, konami, rockstar, capcom and others. Vita had none of these and they don't have anything major unless you count soul sacrifice and final fantasy X which are iffy at best.

It's as if japanese made an unconscious collective choice the 3DS was the handheld to own. It's outselling Vita 11:1 this week, reminds me of PS2 vs GC sales.
Or that the 4 biggest franchises in Japan will be headed towards the system. Its not a mystery why 3ds is selling well.

there's nothing wrong with releasing a dedicated gaming handheld in Japan at least. Their major problem amongst others is that they went for the exact same strategy they did with PS3 and PSP. That strategy failed and they were only able to have a miraculous turn around due to luck and good will from the PS2.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Congratulations, Bravely Default! You already surpassed FFG's LTD. In just three weeks.

[NDS] Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (Square Enix) - 119.634 / 200.364 / 59,71% 29/10/09

Congratulations, Bravely Default! You already surpassed FFG's LTD. In just three weeks.

[NDS] Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (Square Enix) - 119.634 / 200.364 / 59,71% 29/10/09

But from what we see, BD is a much better game. It totally deserve the sales , now bring it to us :D

It is not. Vita will do good, I believe in it. Next year will be a turnaround. I know people like to call doom on a system early but you forget that:

Its stil the 1st year
No games yet
No pricecut yet
and no new revision yet

Once all these don't help then you have a legitimate claim that it is dead.

liger05

It is not. Vita will do good, I believe in it. Next year will be a turnaround. I know people like to call doom on a system early but you forget that:

Its stil the 1st year
No games yet
No pricecut yet
and no new revision yet

Out of all those 4 points the most important one is the games and I ask where are those games going to come from? Sony aint doing anything for it and going forward with the PS4 the Vita will become even more reliant on 3rd parties. Now with these sales I think 3rd parties will continue to look at the 3DS as the 'go to system'. What reasons do they have to go with the Vita instead?

Fabrik

Banned

Its stil the 1st year
No games yet
No pricecut yet
and no new revision yet

To do a turnaround in 2013 Vita needs games and since no announcements were made I think it's over.

Nairume

Banned

Its stil the 1st year
No games yet
No pricecut yet
and no new revision yet

Look, we've gone through every exclusive that was supposed to save it during its first year, nothing stuck, and not much is really on the horizon. Outside of some niche developers, support is really drying up. Sales keep dropping, and Sony is showing to be really resistant on doing what needs to be done to turn it all around.

The Vita is doing poorly and its future prospects are not good. To say otherwise is delusional and is, quite frankly, depressing to see people actually believing.

Oxx

I just don't know if Sony has the stomach and resources to attempt to reinvigorate the Vita market when the launch of the PS4 is so much more crucial.

Its stil the 1st year
No games yet
No pricecut yet
and no new revision yet

Well I'm glad you "believe" it, but outside of magic fairy dust it isn't happening. Vita's big games of the future is a PSP port and a violent MH clone coming out the same month as MH. The price or revision won't mean a thing if the games aren't there. You say yet, yet we have no indication at all that they even exist besides some hypothetical "Sony will never let this system die!!!" type of thinking.

Wonder if 3DL LL would outsell PSP + PSV combined for the year.

With the bundles and Animal Crossing it should.

Ugh, those Vita sales are just horrendous. I would hope that they cut the price before the holidays and start making some desirable bundles, but that is a tiny piece of the puzzle when you have no desirable software, but even a price cut seems too far gone for Sony. Nintendo actually cared about their handheld and took some drastic measures to help it grow and succeed while it was struggling while Sony doesn't do a damn thing. Certainly lends to the notion that Sony just doesn't care about the platform. As much as I hate to say it, the platform has flatlined at this point. No one is making games for it because the hardware isn't selling and the market is so small, but Sony isn't doing anything to fix it and are relying on current software that isn't doing a damn thing to sell the hardware... it is like a revolving door of failure. I love the platform, but I just don't see much life for it. I would tend to think these numbers are affecting at least some sales. I can't see someone wanting to drop a hefty price for the Vita when there isn't really a future that Sony has laid out for it. I hate being hard on the Vita, but what the fuck?

Maybe they are waiting for Soul Sacrifice to drop the price or something, but I just can't see that being the big savior...

Culex

Banned
Wonder if 3DL LL would outsell PSP + PSV combined for the year.

It is still strong but it doesn't mean Japanese gamers would just go out to buy a handheld that doesn't have the content that interests them.

That will be really tough. LL is roughly 400k behind PSP + Vita. It's going to have to average about 70k MORE than both every week until Jan 1st.

zroid

Banned
That will really tough. LL is roughly 400k behind PSP + Vita. It's going to have to average about 70k MORE than both every week until Jan 1st.

It might depend on how many of the special edition Animal Crossing hardware bundles are made, because no matter what that will sell out, I think.

Top Bottom