• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Fabrik
Banned
(11-03-2012, 10:02 PM)
It's in French:

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/miyamot...e-A105550.html

- About FZero, he's surprised players want more of this series.

Gamekult: After a quick survey on Twitter, one of the game French gamers miss the most is F Zero. Nobody really understands why Nintendo hasn't made a new one since 2004. Is there a chance we can see it back on Wii U?

Miyamoto: :eyes open wide: I am really pleased to hear Twitter's opinion, because since the first episode on SNES many games have been made but the series has little evolved.
I thought people had grown weary of it. I'd like to say: Thank you very much and try to wait by playing Nintendoland's FZero minigame.
I am also very curious and I'd like to ask those people: Why FZero? What do you want that we haven't done before?

- Link sprite was designed by Takashi Tezuka. Like Mario, they wanted a character that would be recognizable from his sword and shield so they thought of a long hat and long ears and went into the direction of an elf. At the time, when you said long ears you thought of Peter Pan and as he's a Disney fan, they drew inspiration from it.
Link's name come from the fact that originally, the fragments of the Triforce were supposed to be electronic chips. The game was to be set in both the past and the future and as the main character would travel between both and be the link between them, they called him Link.

Edit:
- Not a confirmation or anything but here's what he answered to the question: what do you see for the Metroid franchise on Wii U: something like Metroid Prime, Metroid Other M or a third way?
Since Wii U is a HD console with more hardware power, what we can naturally think about is a beautiful HD action game (Huge smile, meaning he won't say more).
Last edited by Fabrik; 11-03-2012 at 10:32 PM.
Medalion
Banned
(11-03-2012, 10:04 PM)
Y U WANT MO F-ZERO? IT'S THE SAME

BUT ZELDA IS SO PHRESH AND SO CLEAN
JonStark
(11-03-2012, 10:04 PM)

Originally Posted by Fabrik

It's in French:

- About FZero, he's surprised players want more of this series. The franchise hasn't evolved a lot for him and people should have grown tired of it. He's asking gamers: what is missing that hasn't been already done?

- Link sprite was designed by Takashi Tezuka. Like Mario, they wanted a character that would be recognizable from his sword and shield so they thought of a long hat and long ears and went into the direction of an elf. At the time, when you said long ears you thought of Peter Pan and as he's a Disney fan, they drew inspiration from it.
Link's name come from the fact that originally, the fragments of the Triforce were supposed to be electronic chips. The game was to be set in both the past and the future and as the main character would travel between both and be the link between them, they called him Link.

I may admire the man a lot, sometimes the way he thinks just baffles me :(
DaBuddaDa
(11-03-2012, 10:05 PM)

- About FZero, he's surprised players want more of this series. The franchise hasn't evolved a lot for him and people should have grown tired of it. He's asking gamers: what is missing that hasn't been already done?

You could have asked the same thing about Mario Kart three iterations ago.
EmCeeGramr
If ghosts needed to breathe, dead people would use up all the air and we'd suffocate
(11-03-2012, 10:06 PM)

what
morningbus

Originally Posted by JonStark

I'd imagine it's Japanese being translated into French into English and the purple monkey dishwashers that arise from that.

Or, if he really did mean that, maybe he just correctly thinks F-Zero GX is the perfect game.
Kyzer

Originally Posted by Medalion

I mean...it is.

Every Zelda game is really different. Twilight Princess, one of the best games ever, was very OoT-like and gets infinite slack for it.

Wut?

I thought it was the "Link" between the game and the player?
Phazon

It's in French:

what is missing that hasn't been already done?

- HD graphics
- Online mode
- New tracks

really, that's all you need to add after that many years :)
SolarPowered

- About FZero, he's surprised players want more of this series. The franchise hasn't evolved a lot for him and people should have grown tired of it. He's asking gamers: what is missing to you that haven't been already done?

Like Mario Kart and Zelda have completely changed from one game to the next...

- 16-32 player online arcade racing
- Complete customization options for building F-Zero tracks from scratch
- A futuristic Full HD racer from Nintendo
- A "core" racing experience we haven't had since the gamecube a decade ago
- Online parts trading with friends

People have different opinions than you, Miyamoto. Welcome to the rest of the world.
Last edited by SolarPowered; 11-03-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Fabrik
Banned

Well as a non-FZero fan, I agree with him. But it's easy to see that online would be a sufficient addition to the franchise.
linko9

My thoughts exactly. How's the series supposed to evolve if you don't let anyone make a new one? And honestly, there's no shame in making a straightforward, HD sequel to the best racing game ever made. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Geek
Ninny Prancer
(11-03-2012, 10:07 PM)

Put guns on the cars. People love that.
dani_dc

It's in French:

There's always more to be done with any given franchise, with that said, and without even having to change anything in the base gameplay, a F-zero with online gameplay would be the most obvious response to his question.
Haunted
I understand him basically saying that F-Zero GX is already perfection - but sometimes gamers just want more of a good thing.

Nintendoland F-Zero looks like a fucking disgrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrW8Q-Cf2l0 :cry
Herbspiceguy

people should have grown tired of it

Yet you release 2D mario after 2D mario.
Last edited by Herbspiceguy; 11-03-2012 at 10:10 PM.
DragonSworne
Satoru Iwata and his Trilateral Commission cronies are suppressing the truth about Retro. Wake up, sheeple!
(11-03-2012, 10:08 PM)
The sooner Miyamoto leaves Nintendo the better
Visualante2

Flawless
Quadrangulum
I'd love to play that version of Zelda.
TunaLover
I hope Nintendo doesn't listen to this man.
efyu_lemonardo
May I have a cookie?

first post...
Nibel
(11-03-2012, 10:09 PM)

Originally Posted by EmCeeGramr

what

My thoughts exactly :lol
Easy_D
never left the stone age
Let's see, F-Zero X evolved the series in a shitload of ways, 60 FPS with 30 visible cars for one. GX brought the hardcore element into the series and was pretty fucking amazing, it also had story (Rage) mode with amazingly cheesy cinematics.

What I want is UX or 3DX or whatever with MORE story, MORE campy cutscenes.

Basically, Miyamoto, F-Zero is so good I simply want more of it. Now, if the interviewer had balls, he'd draw a comparison to Mario Kart.

Edit: Then again, just because Miyamoto doesn't see the appeal of F-Zero doesn't mean the series is dead. Maybe he simply doesn't like hardcore racing games.
Last edited by Easy_D; 11-03-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Franchuzas87

Well... yes. Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker or Skyward Sword are really different games.

Not that I don't like F-Zero, though.
DaBuddaDa
I hotly anticipate the groundbreaking and evolved Mario Kart Wii U, holiday 2013.
TimeEffect
(11-03-2012, 10:10 PM)
FZero? Lol, dead and stagnant.

Here, have some more Mario Kart and Mario Party.
Seik

what

That's what I thought.

Never heard that before. o_o
DragonSworne
Satoru Iwata and his Trilateral Commission cronies are suppressing the truth about Retro. Wake up, sheeple!

Originally Posted by DaBuddaDa

I hotly anticipate the groundbreaking and evolved Mario Kart Wii U, holiday 2013.

Control item selection using the gamepad
EmCeeGramr
If ghosts needed to breathe, dead people would use up all the air and we'd suffocate
(11-03-2012, 10:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Haunted

I understand him basically saying that F-Zero GX is already perfection - but sometimes gamers just want more of a good thing.

Nintendoland F-Zero looks like a fucking disgrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrW8Q-Cf2l0 :cry

That one doesn't have the cool music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvdxIL3HfXo&feature=plcp
To Far Away Times
There have been 7 Mario Kart games and to be honest, they aren't all that different from each other.

I'd like another F-Zero in the vein of F-Zero GX though. Preferably as a collaboration between Nintendo and Sega's AM2 division. Online play and a track editor could go a long way...
MasterSheen
Maybe they should turn FZero into a beat 'em up.
Seda
the worst pokemon

what

I said the same thing
Tiktaalik

Fzero sales haven't been great though. The idea that gamers aren't super into the series is backed up by data.
Why would you do that?
Sometimes, more of the same isn't bad. As long as we only get it sparingly (like once per console), then the more of the same F-Zero shouldn't be a big problem.

Originally Posted by Herbspicesoy

Yet you release out 2D mario after 2D mario.

There's only one on every system. They did release at around the same time, though.
Firemind
(11-03-2012, 10:12 PM)
I want a new F-Zero more than Pikmin 3. :(
linko9
About the computer chip thing: Sometimes I wonder if Miyamoto just makes shit up on the spot. I wouldn't put it past him. He gets asked these sorts of questions so often, eventually he's got to spice things up and just start giving bullshit answers. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he just make up that computer chip story then and there :D
DaBuddaDa

Originally Posted by DragonSworne

Control item selection using the gamepad

#gamechanger
shadyspace
(11-03-2012, 10:13 PM)
The future you say
ViewtifulJC
shots fired? we run!

SO DIFFERENT
Scum

Originally Posted by DragonSworne

The sooner Miyamoto leaves Nintendo the better

Richie
That Miyamoto's stance on F-Zero hasn't changed after all this time comes as surprising, even more so considering the franchise's representation in NintendoLand. One would think that, by introducing the series to a new audience, they're at the very least discussing a new installment.

Please don't tell me that we're meant to see F-Zero in the same group as Takamaru, Game & Watch and Balloon Fight!
Qurupeke
Even Miyamoto makes mistakes...
AOC83
Banned
(11-03-2012, 10:14 PM)
Im near 100% convinced now that F-Zero is dead, and so is Waverace.
Raging Spaniard
If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Youre all missing the point.

If a game series is not going to change much from iteration from iteration, it better make a shitload of money.

F-Zero does neither.
EmCeeGramr
Like...

Maybe Miyamoto actually doesn't know. Like, the teams show him these mocked up pictures and videos of revolutionary brand new NSMB and Mario Kart games and he laughs and smiles and walks out of the room with a big thumbs up, and then the team quietly ships the real game.

Originally Posted by Richie

That Miyamoto's stance on F-Zero hasn't changed after all this time comes as surprising, even more so considering the franchise's representation in NintendoLand. One would think that, by introducing the series to a new audience, they're at the very least discussing a new installment.

Please don't tell me that we're meant to see F-Zero in the same group as Takamaru, Game & Watch and Balloon Fight!

What's "F-Zero"? NintendoLand has an attraction called Captain Falcon's Twister Race, if that's what you mean. You know, like from Super Smash Bros.!
Easy_D
never left the stone age

Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC

SO DIFFERENT

Well, one of those looks like bland doodo while the other looks quite pretty. But the fucking music..
AOC83
Banned
(11-03-2012, 10:15 PM)

Originally Posted by Firemind

I want a new F-Zero more than Pikmin 3. :(

I want a new F-Zero more than all games Nintendo has announced for the WiiU combined.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(11-03-2012, 10:16 PM)

SO DIFFERENT

The tiny difference being these games sell millions upon millions upon millions of copies.....
LiveFromKyoto
make it rain, motherfucker
(11-03-2012, 10:16 PM)
F-Zero's maximum potential has already been reached. The game was called Wipeout HD.
Whiskeymatt
(11-03-2012, 10:17 PM)
I came in hear hoping to see that Miyamoto said he'd love to see a new F-Zero made.

So much for that thought.
Medalion
Banned
(11-03-2012, 10:17 PM)

SO DIFFERENT

If you wanna make NSMBU look the same as NSMB2, slightly blur/ lower the res, crop to 4:3