• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Rumor: Battlefield 4 details leak from EA China [Up: Seemingly Real]

iNvid02

why would you lock pc at 100fps, why not 120fps.

manabi-why-would-you-do-that.jpg

patapuf

i highly doubt they will aim for 60 fps on consoles even if they didn't upgrade the visuals of BF 3 at all. Running the game on ultra at 1080p will require some pretty good hardware already.

One year dev cycle sounds strange as well, i would be surprised if they didn't start working on the game soon after BF3 was out.

Why make a game for 5 different systems on a 1 year development cycle, and why lock the framerate on the PC version?

I really hope the PC version is not a port of the next-gen console version.

I can't even be bothered to pick all the completely fucking retarded holes in this rumour. You'd have to have the mental age of a lobotomised 4 year old to think it contained a slither of truth.

Mods would do well to kill this thread.

netBuff

Actually it doesn't mention wii u At all. It says PC,360,PS3,720 and PS4

Yeah, that's true - and if this leak is real would point to a Wii U version not being in development. Most likely just the writer of the list putting things down in a confusing manner. It's probably all bullshit, anyway ;)

Wii, but not Wii U.

Where did you get the existence of a BF4 Wii version from this leak?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
- BF4 has a 1yr development cycle and has a tenative launch date of oct 23rd 2013
We already know the dev time part isn't true.

- it will be on the big 3 current gen systems as well as next gen platforms (only sony and M$, as well as pc)
This is highly likely.

- commander role in MP will return with new tools and abilities
Possible

- voice commands
I don't see this happening.

- battlelog will be tied to the game
Duh

- game will support video recording with internal replay system this might be in box or via dlc.. thats unclear or if its universal paltform inclusion

- currently there are three factions: USA, Russia, and China!!

- female charcaters (NPC's) and the ability to play as them in MP

- next gen systems and pc will support 64-player MP however current gen console releases wont
These would all be nice.

- frostbite 2.0
No shit

- next gen console versions run @ approx 60fps, current gen @ 30fps, PC will ahve an FPS lock of 100fps
This sounds reasonable until the 100fps locked on PC. No way to guarantee that and 100 is a weird number.

- exp system will be again present
Of course it will.

This whole list is bullshit anyway.

That's weird. Not even CoD has a 1 year development cycle, they normally change teams so they have about two years to work on the next game. I call this bullshit.

antitrop

As someone who doesn't play either game, I don't know what this means. Aren't Battlefield and CoD already pretty similar?
Major Battlefield sequels typically are known for extreme differences and change, not just a minor rehash of the previous game.

Call of Duty is notable for using the same game engine over and over and over again, with practically no changes. If EA wants to go for a "1 year dev cycle" they will be "Call of Duty'ing it".

First it was "Tony Hawk'ing it", then it was "Guitar Hero'ing it". Funny how all three are Activision franchises...

Dawg

Pretty much confirms my thoughts about EA doing MoH one year and BF the other year. (although the latest MoH really sucks)

This is just Treyarch & Activision COD in a different form.

Reiko

Banned
I can't even be bothered to pick all the completely fucking retarded holes in this rumour. You'd have to have the mental age of a lobotomised 4 year old to think it contained a slither of truth.

Mods would do well to kill this thread.

That's why it's just a rumor.

Not worth getting worked up.

Biggest news to come from this is the fact that both the NextBox and the PS4 will be out by next October. (Assuming next-gen versions of BF4 launch day and date with current gen versions.)

Total fucking bullshit, though

Battlefield 3.5 more like.

I'll buy it though, I'm itching to get into the series.

By simply sticking with the modern warfare setting, thats what BF4 already sounds like to me. Doesn't sound like it should be a whole new numbered entry but a big expansion or something.

But it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it comes out next fall as a launch title or pretty close to nextgen launch. BF3 came out last October, so assuming at least some part of DICE got to work on BF4 not long after or even before BF3 came out it would be about 2 years between titles. That's EA's schtick- pump out a sequel two years later no matter what. Maybe they only need about one year of dev time if they're not really changing much (which that leaks more or less sounds like) and simply pushing something out the door so they can have a BF game at launch. It'll still be modern warfare so its not like they need totally new art assets or anything.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lol "100 fps" it's like whoever wrote this fake rumor didn't want the pc platform to be outdone by these 60 fps console version so he went "hmm what should I write? I know! One hundred fps!"

Dabanton

If Activision doesn't upgrade their COD graphics engine... I can see EA winning over the COD crowd if their games indeed launch at 60fps.

Hmm I think you miss the point of why CoD sells like it does 60fps is only one reason the entire way the MP is setup is enough to bring people back.

CoD and BF are despite being in the same genre very different experiences.

Reiko

Banned
Hmm I think you miss the point of why CoD sells like it does 60fps is only one reason the entire way the MP is setup is enough to bring people back.

CoD and BF are despite being in the same genre very different experiences.

Some of my friends who aren't tech savy like COD because it's smooth.

They consider Battlefield "choppy" on consoles. I dunno. But that's them.

antitrop

How could you even remotely promise 100fps on PC given the range of configurations out there? Reeks of BS.
I'm fairly sure the implication is 100fps maximum. Which makes only slightly more sense than 100fps minimum. Which is to say, both make pretty much zero.

Longshot

I hate seeing what has become of one of my favourite franchises, not cool EA. :-(

BF3 was so bad I went back to BF2.

[EDIT: If this was true then the commander feature would be a welcomed addition, I loved it in BF2/2142]

sleepykyo

If Activision doesn't upgrade their COD graphics engine... I can see EA winning over the COD crowd if their games indeed launch at 60fps.

That isn't happening. Dice has had plenty of chances to go for 60fps and they were directly asked why they didn't do so in the past. This gen they wanted better textures this gen, next gen they'll still want better textures.

As for the rumor. The 1yr part alone makes it hard to swallow and the 100fps seems like such a goofy number. Is that a PAL thing or something?

Rapstah

Those sound like half things that are guaranteed to be in the game and half things that will never be in the game. This is fake as fuck.

Prologue

It'll be really nice to have 64 players on next gen consoles. Don't they usually announce them a year before release? Like with the Wii U

Lol "100 fps" it's like whoever wrote this fake rumor didn't want the pc platform to be outdone by these 60 fps console version so he went "hmm what should I write? I know! One hundred fps!"

If there's an fps that's better than 100fps then I don't wanna know about it.

Salsa

I wonder if they're still stupid enough to put a campaign on this

just do $40 and MP only or $60 and a couple DLCs for free or something

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'll wait for Black Friday 2013

I learned my fucking lesson with BF3

3.5 weeks later you could get the Limited Edition for 50% off...

Also fuck the stupid pre-orders, never again!

Top Bottom