• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Majanew
(11-04-2012, 10:47 AM)
60fps and 64 players on Xbox 8 is great news if this is true. Next year can't get here soon enough.
diamount
Banned
(11-04-2012, 10:48 AM)

Originally Posted by SapientWolf

The 360 version might have been fine (never played it) but everyone that bought it on the PS3 should have gotten a refund. Good grief.

Why would it look worse than the 360 version? Weren't PS3 users given preferential treatment with DLC a week earlier?
SapientWolf
(11-04-2012, 10:49 AM)

Originally Posted by diamount

Why would it look worse than the 360 version? Weren't PS3 users given preferential treatment with DLC a week earlier?

As far as I know, they never fixed the input lag issue.
El Chupacabra
(11-04-2012, 10:53 AM)
Wait, according to the new translation they won't even release the game on Wii U ? Maybe this rumor is true after all.
Kahoona
(11-04-2012, 10:54 AM)
The game is releasing on a Wednesday?
Canis lupus
(11-04-2012, 11:11 AM)

The 360 version might have been fine (never played it) but everyone that bought it on the PS3 should have gotten a refund. Good grief.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...192806892/ps3/

Put 450 hours into it, don't know what you talkin about.

edit: input lag? I've put so many hours into it and yet to notice any input lag. Its probably your tv.
DieH@rd
(11-04-2012, 11:17 AM)
I dont see why this game cant be made 1 year of full production. Its obviously way more oriented towards multipayer, and 3-4hr SP campaign could be slapped into it easily, especially with large team sizes and budgets DICE has.

Im way more interested about full nextgen version of this game.
GodofWine
(11-04-2012, 11:17 AM)
How big are the squads on PC, if they don't make.them bigger than 4 on console, I'll never go back to this series....not to mention the one year later still wonky squad system / match making
Canis lupus
(11-04-2012, 11:26 AM)

Originally Posted by GodofWine

How big are the squads on PC, if they don't make.them bigger than 4 on console, I'll never go back to this series....not to mention the one year later still wonky squad system / match making

4 aswel. I want a 6 men squad or even better, 8!
SapientWolf
(11-04-2012, 11:33 AM)

Originally Posted by TurkishEmperor

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...192806892/ps3/

Put 450 hours into it, don't know what you talkin about.

edit: input lag? I've put so many hours into it and yet to notice any input lag. Its probably your tv.

It's a documented problem. You're just not that sensitive to it. And it wasn't my tv that I personally noticed the problem on. It was on the show floor of E3 this year. I play BF3 on the PC.
Canis lupus
(11-04-2012, 11:40 AM)

It's a documented problem. You're just not that sensitive to it. And it wasn't my tv that I personally noticed the problem on. It was on the show floor of E3 this year. I play BF3 on the PC.

I never noticed. But the videos on that site make it look like an issue of sensivity. If I put it in the lowest my game will look like its lagging aswel.
sk3tch
(11-04-2012, 11:53 AM)
FPS lock at 100 fps makes sense if they're trying to cater to the competitive multiplayer crowd. The Call of Duty series has locked at 91 fps for years. Note this means maximum fps and it's only in multiplayer. It prevents an unfair advantage to those with beast specs. Why do you think 120hz monitors are so great? Add in 100 fps or higher fluidity and you get a leg up on 60 fps / 60hz / etc plebs.
Last edited by sk3tch; 11-04-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Reckless Onion
(11-04-2012, 12:06 PM)
More 60fps shooters is the only thing that would keep me on consoles next gen.
I'm just tired of the sub 30fps and input lag bullshit in all of these shooters.
It just affects my aiming to much.
CoD just killed all other shooters for me on consoles.

PS. i even play bf3 on 576p on ps3 to get the most responsive game
Last edited by Reckless Onion; 11-04-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Vandrar
(11-04-2012, 12:13 PM)

Lasgana: will be one of the first games for next gen consoles

Didn't know we're less than one year away from next gen consoles.
TheVoidDragon
(11-04-2012, 12:55 PM)
None of this seems particularly good to me. Other than the obvious improvements due to next-gen consoles, it's mostly just sticking a few of the removed features from BF2 back in.
The_Monk
(11-04-2012, 12:59 PM)
This may sound silly to ask but does anyone know if would be possible to cross play between let's say the Xbox 360 and 720 players?
Respawn
Banned
(11-04-2012, 01:00 PM)

next gen consoles

and with that I know which version Im getting.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(11-04-2012, 01:01 PM)
easier pick up and play? what its already pretty damn simple who more could they do make it a on rails shooter?
GraveRobberX
(11-04-2012, 01:09 PM)

Originally Posted by The_Monk

This may sound silly to ask but does anyone know if would be possible to cross play between let's say the Xbox 360 and 720 players?

Would be hard in a sense

EA will just set different servers for 360 and 720 versions

I mean 24/30fps players for 360 version and 64/60fps for the 720 version

I mean who would buy a 720 then downsize to play with 360 players or why on earth would you let 360 players play with 720 players who will have a distinct advantage
legacyzero
(11-04-2012, 01:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

easier pick up and play? what its already pretty damn simple who more could they do make it a on rails shooter?

I imagine they'll be taking out the more complex stuff, like bullet drop?
The_Monk
(11-04-2012, 01:17 PM)
Thanks for answering GraveRobberX can't wait for the new PS4 but my life priorities will sure make me wait and not get it on Day one.
Dabanton
(11-04-2012, 01:24 PM)

Originally Posted by diamount

Coming from the 360 version the PS3 version controls like shit. You *can* get used to it but if you paid for a product expecting some competency you shouldn't have to.
sl4yor
(11-04-2012, 01:26 PM)
A little off topic, but does anyone else miss the World War 2 FPS games from several years ago? I'm a little tired of modern day shooters and I would love to see a return to World War 2 with an engine as awesome as Frostbite. I hope the battlefield series makes a return to World War 2 in the future, multiplayer was a lot more fun when you didn't rely on all the little gadgets given to players in these modern day shooters.
TacticalFox88
Lives in a Tom Clancy novel
(11-04-2012, 01:27 PM)

Originally Posted by sl4yor

A little off topic, but does anyone else miss the World War 2 FPS games from several years ago? I'm a little tired of modern day shooters and I would love to see a return to World War 2 with an engine as awesome as Frostbite. I hope the battlefield series makes a return to World War 2 in the future, multiplayer was a lot more fun when you didn't rely on all the little gadgets given to players in these modern day shooters.

Modern Shooters aren't even CLOSE to as over saturated as WWII was last gen.
waypoetic
(11-04-2012, 01:29 PM)
Whatever with EA China and their existence.. THERE'S LASAGNA?!
Reiko
Banned
I need some WWI Epic Shooters.
Canis lupus

A little off topic, but does anyone else miss the World War 2 FPS games from several years ago?

No, I remember the times when everything was WW2. I wouldn't mind a different approach to the setting, but it shouldn't be a 1st or 3rd person shooter.
Lakitu
st5fu

Originally Posted by legacyzero

I imagine they'll be taking out the more complex stuff, like bullet drop?

I'd actually be angry if they did that.
Cesar
Banned
(11-04-2012, 01:33 PM)
Lack of any mention on destruction is disappointing. It was one of the great things of the BC games.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(11-04-2012, 01:36 PM)
so would i bullet drop makes sniping really fun
sl4yor
(11-04-2012, 01:37 PM)

Originally Posted by TacticalFox88

Modern Shooters aren't even CLOSE to as over saturated as WWII was last gen.

No, they're not, but still I'd love to see a new WW2 game by DICE using a new engine. I think it would be amazing to see Stalingrad, Normandy, Berlin in Frostbite 2.0. Just my opinion though.
Majanew
(11-04-2012, 01:40 PM)

No, they're not, but still I'd love to see a new WW2 game by DICE using a new engine. I think it would be amazing to see Stalingrad, Normandy, Berlin in Frostbite 2.0. Just my opinion though.

Agreed. Storming the beaches of Normandy on next-gen hardware would be awesome.
Canis lupus
(11-04-2012, 01:44 PM)

Originally Posted by Majanew

Agreed. Storming the beaches of Normandy on next-gen hardware would be awesome.

When MoH Frontline came out I thought that was the realest thing ever, I also got to watch Saving Private Ryan back then.
Reiko
Banned
(11-04-2012, 01:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Cesar

Lack of any mention on destruction is disappointing. It was one of the great things of the BC games.

I think it's a given at this point.

Originally Posted by TurkishEmperor

When MoH Frontline came out I thought that was the realest thing ever, I also got to watch Saving Private Ryan back then.

It looked realistic, but lacked blood and gore. To be honest, in real life that battle was gorey.
waypoetic
(11-04-2012, 01:51 PM)
Now that i've actually read the OP, here are my thoughts :

PS3, PS4, X360, X720, PC. Some think that this is ridiculous, i say : what about the five different versions of other games this gen? There's a console version, a portable one and the obscure iOS one.

PS4 and X720 gets 64 max player count? I'm not Jeff Rigby, but can't they do better than that?

Frostbite 2 on next-gen? When DICE has been using different versions of the Frostbite-engine for BC, BC2 and BF4 - why would they use the BF3-engine for their next-gen game BF4? On the PS3 and X360 version - yes, sure.
Canis lupus
(11-04-2012, 01:53 PM)
^Probably Frostbite 2.5, 2.0 freezes my system a lot.
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(11-04-2012, 01:54 PM)

Originally Posted by waypoetic

PS4 and X720 gets 64 max player count? I'm not Jeff Rigby, but can't they do better than that?

what do you mean by that?
waypoetic
(11-04-2012, 01:56 PM)

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

what do you mean by that?

Jeff Rigby knows alot about code and stuff. I don't.
Dubbedinenglish
(11-04-2012, 01:57 PM)

Lasgana: easier to pickup the game, to take care of players from CoD

Ugh. Why.
jet1911
(11-04-2012, 02:00 PM)

Originally Posted by Dubbedinenglish

Ugh. Why.

They can't really make it easier to "pick up" than it is right now.
Goldrusher
(11-04-2012, 02:02 PM)

PS3, PS4, X360, X720, PC. Some think that this is ridiculous, i say : what about the five different versions of other games this gen? There's a console version, a portable one and the obscure iOS one.

This was one of EA's first games this generation:

(mobile)
Last edited by Goldrusher; 11-04-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Jibbajabbawockky
(11-04-2012, 02:03 PM)

Originally Posted by Dubbedinenglish

Ugh. Why.

EA wants that Call of Duty money.

I'm kind of skeptical how BF4 in general will pan out. I'm just reminded of the early 360 Madden games that had the ridiculous CG trailers to hype everyone and then when it came out, it was lacking in features that the previous generation game had. And it took a while for them to actually make a Madden game that was on par with what they had done with Madden 2005 for PS2/Xbox.

And if its going to be cross generational, how much can they really be pushing things on the high end? Are they designing the game for the PC/nextgen and then porting down basically or building it for 360/PS3 and then just slapping on some fancier DX11 effects for the nextgen/PC?
thelurkinghorror
(11-04-2012, 02:04 PM)
Day one on NeXBoX (or Ps4?) for me!
Massa
(11-04-2012, 02:06 PM)

Originally Posted by jet1911

They can't really make it easier to "pick up" than it is right now.

One thing they could do is not put me in "400% - FOLLOW RULEZ OR U R KICKED" server when I use the quick match function.
waypoetic
(11-04-2012, 02:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Goldrusher

This was one of EA's first games this generation:

Leave no man behind.
Reiko
Banned
(11-04-2012, 02:07 PM)

Originally Posted by Jibbajabbawockky

EA wants that Call of Duty money.

I'm kind of skeptical how BF4 in general will pan out. I'm just reminded of the early 360 Madden games that had the ridiculous CG trailers to hype everyone and then when it came out, it was lacking in features that the previous generation game had. And it took a while for them to actually make a Madden game that was on par with what they had done with Madden 2005 for PS2/Xbox.

And if its going to be cross generational, how much can they really be pushing things on the high end? Are they designing the game for the PC/nextgen and then porting down basically or building it for 360/PS3 and then just slapping on some fancier DX11 effects for the nextgen/PC?

Porting down like BF3. Going down from 64 players...etc

Map sizes will probably change too.

The way I see it... And it's obvious, PC will be the lead for multiplats.
legacyzero
(11-04-2012, 02:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Massa

One thing they could do is not put me in "400% - FOLLOW RULEZ OR U R KICKED" server when I use the quick match function.

DART=BAN

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

But don't you love inane rules and matches that go 4 times longer than they should??

LOL! "1000 TICKETS!"
Last edited by legacyzero; 11-04-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Stallion Free
Cock Encumbered
(11-04-2012, 02:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Massa

But don't you love inane rules and matches that go 4 times longer than they should??
Metalmurphy
Banned
(11-04-2012, 02:53 PM)

Originally Posted by Stallion Free

No, Yes.

1000 ticket games on the right maps are lots of fun if you have the time to spare. Maps end up almost unrecognizable.
FLEABttn
needs to fix his kismet
(11-04-2012, 03:06 PM)

They could. It's not a technical limitation. It's a design one.

Frostbite 2 on next-gen? When DICE has been using different versions of the Frostbite-engine for BC, BC2 and BF4 - why would they use the BF3-engine for their next-gen game BF4? On the PS3 and X360 version - yes, sure.

It will likely be an updated version of Frostbite 2, but still distinctly Frostbite 2. No need to reinvent the wheel if you don't need to.