• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Hobby
(11-05-2012, 07:10 PM)
Basically, it works like this. Nintendo are offering developer produced Crashmo courses on Crashmo's official Japanese site. It's going to be updated with more in the future. This is the first of such:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/eshop/jauj/get/index.html

By accessing this page on 3DS's browser and downloading the picture, you can then load the picture in Crashmo and play the course. There's no need to take a picture of the QR code with the 3DS's camera.

This works with any QR codes that Crashmo supports that are saved to 3DS's SD card, and, obviously, it's not (afaik) just limited to Nintendo's official Crashmo stages, but any custom-made stages.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(11-05-2012, 07:12 PM)
Cool feature but it's probably faster to do it the other way.
Qurupeke
(11-05-2012, 07:12 PM)
There's a Crashmo Dog. :O
Tenki
(11-05-2012, 07:13 PM)
NoE, why do you keep us waiting? ;_;

Originally Posted by Qurupeke

There's a Crashmo Dog. :O

Brazil
(11-05-2012, 07:14 PM)

Originally Posted by Man God

It guarantees that players can download that content even if they only have a 3DS around, though.
zroid
(11-05-2012, 07:15 PM)

Maybe if you're capturing one at a time, but if this tool can mass convert from a list of photos then that would be pretty amazing.
Sammy Samusu
I should post less pop-gaf speak spam. It's bad for my health.
(11-05-2012, 07:16 PM)
.rar packs, here they come!
D-e-f-
Banned
Huh? What's the difference to how Pushmo did it? You scan the code from within the game and the level is right there.
Man God
Non-Canon Member

Originally Posted by Brazil

It guarantees that players can download that content even if they only have a 3DS around, though.

I know, which is why it is cool.

I've done mass IR code reading with Kid Icarus, PokÚdex 3D, Pushmo, Denpa Men and Kingdom Hearts though and once you have it set up right it goes really fast.

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

Huh? What's the difference to how Pushmo did it? You scan the code from within the game and the level is right there.

Use the 3DS browser go to the site, save the image. Load up Crashmo, you load the image up there. Saves you from taking a picture of your laptop/pc/smartphone screen.
Shadow Hog
(11-05-2012, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by D-e-f-

You don't scan anything with this; you save the image file to your SD card.
Fabrik
Banned
(11-05-2012, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Hobby

developer produced Crashmo courses

So awesome. Top 5 GOTY no doubt.
Lord Ghirahim
(11-05-2012, 07:21 PM)
I think I have some vitamin deficiency, because Crashmo keeps making me feel very stupid. I didn't have that much trouble with Pushmo a year ago.
D-e-f-
Banned
(11-05-2012, 07:22 PM)

I know, which is why it is cool.

I've done mass IR code reading with Kid Icarus, PokÚdex 3D, Pushmo, Denpa Men and Kingdom Hearts though and once you have it set up right it goes really fast.

Use the 3DS browser go to the site, save the image. Load up Crashmo, you load the image up there. Saves you from taking a picture of your laptop/pc/smartphone screen.

Originally Posted by Shadow Hog

You don't scan anything with this; you save the image file to your SD card.

NOW it makes sense :) Thanks

original explanation was a bit weird.
Qurupeke
(11-05-2012, 07:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Tenki

NoE, why do you keep us waiting? ;_;

Perfect. :3
M3d10n
(11-05-2012, 08:24 PM)
Finally. It was a stupid restriction, probably done out of fear of having an unknown JPEG security exploit lurking around. Now the JPEG files themselves are the level format, kinda like Spore's PNG creatures.