• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

zerokoolpsx
Member
(11-07-2012, 11:59 PM)
zerokoolpsx's Avatar

Originally Posted by shidoshi

You already got it? It doesn't come out for another 2 weeks. :(
Venfayth
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:00 AM)
Venfayth's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sophia

Aigis leaves no alternative interpretation for what touching her "Papillon Heart" is either. One scene where subtlety went straight out the window and into a fire.

What? I just want to ... touch your neck...
SerArthurDayne
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:01 AM)
SerArthurDayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

I don't really get the reference?

I presume he fears that it will be released about the same time as P4A.
cj_iwakura
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:02 AM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by SerArthurDayne

I presume he fears that it will be released about the same time as P4A.

I mean the gif specifically, I think it means something.
we.are.the.armada
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:02 AM)
we.are.the.armada's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sophia

Aigis leaves no alternative interpretation for what touching her "Papillon Heart" is either. One scene where subtlety went straight out the window and into a fire.

She need your halp!
Meccanical
Banned
(11-08-2012, 12:02 AM)

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

I mean the gif specifically, I think it means something.

It's just a cat looking dejected while looking at snow in a window.

>_>
cj_iwakura
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:04 AM)
cj_iwakura's Avatar

Originally Posted by Meccanical

It's just a cat looking dejected while looking at snow in a window.

>_>

Meccanical
Banned
(11-08-2012, 12:04 AM)
2deep4me
SerArthurDayne
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:06 AM)
SerArthurDayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sophia


Aigis leaves no alternative interpretation for what touching her "Papillon Heart" is either. One scene where subtlety went straight out the window and into a fire.

I couldn't really remember this part, so I googled the words in spoilers. Google seems to have some idea what it means.

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

I mean the gif specifically, I think it means something.

Then I can't help you. I've only seen it once before, and despite it only being yesterday I can't remember the context.
Sophia
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:08 AM)
Sophia's Avatar

Originally Posted by SerArthurDayne

I couldn't really remember this part, so I googled the words in spoilers. Google seems to have some idea what it means.

Aforementioned scene with voice acting. Thar be minor spoilers.
Roto13
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:08 AM)
Roto13's Avatar

Originally Posted by cj_iwakura

Anyone know where I can read these comics? I think the photobucket account that was hosting them went derpy.
FStop7
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:13 AM)
FStop7's Avatar
Golden Shower
JohnLacke
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:22 AM)
JohnLacke's Avatar
FemaleMC was adventurous in my game. She hooked up with all the guys, and in my mind, the girl from the Hermit social link (I think that's the one. She works in the Nurse's office).
Delusibeta
Junior Member
(11-08-2012, 12:22 AM)
Delusibeta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Tiamant


Meanwhile in Europe...


I heard February. In Nippon Ichi we trust, I guess...
Ragingnight
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:28 AM)
Ragingnight's Avatar

Originally Posted by Omikaru

Not to mention Yukari's "If I accidently scream, everybody will hear me..." remark.

I'd make her scream if only she was in P4A.
zewone
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:32 AM)
zewone's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shinta

Destructoid giving this a 10/10 is not at all a surprise. This guy is the biggest Persona fanboy out there. Nothing wrong with being a fan, and I'm sure it's a good port - but yeah, he does this for every Persona game.

They deserve it.
SerArthurDayne
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:40 AM)
SerArthurDayne's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roto13

Anyone know where I can read these comics? I think the photobucket account that was hosting them went derpy.

YouTube! Not sure if anything is missing. I think they covered all the comics actually out there.

But the link to the comics in YouTube is dead. Must be out there somewhere. Torrent maybe?
Roto13
Member
(11-08-2012, 12:42 AM)
Roto13's Avatar

Originally Posted by SerArthurDayne

YouTube! Not sure if anything is missing. I think they covered all the comics actually out there.

That'll probably have to do. :P
we.are.the.armada
Member
(11-08-2012, 02:30 AM)
we.are.the.armada's Avatar
Kat Bailey did an interesting write up on Persona 4 Golden's "multiplayer" feature and compares it to Dark Souls. The article is here, at joystiq.

Originally Posted by Kat Bailey

It's always around the month of May that I take a look at the lengthy list of daily decisions in Persona 4 and start to sweat a bit.

"Should I be going to the sports club so much? Shouldn't I be building my relationship with Yukiko?"
"Crap, I forgot to buy a book to read."
"Exams are coming up and I still haven't hit the first Knowledge threshold. I'm screwed."

More than most RPGs, Persona 4 is about the long game. It's set over the course of a full Japanese school year – from April to December – and there are important decisions to be made almost every day. Most of the time, you end up hanging out with various non-player characters, some of whom won't become friendly until you get to know a specific character. It's big, complicated, and stressful.

But when I started in Persona 4 Golden, I vowed that I wouldn't let all of the decisions get me down. I would just play through the story organically as possible, taking extra care to pay attention to the local gossip. If I missed a social link or three along the way, then so be it.

As it turns out, though, I needn't have worried. In porting Persona 4 to the Vita, Atlus has opted to take a page from Dark Souls and the results thus far have been very interesting. By connecting to the internet, it's now possible to "ask the audience" and get a glimpse of the possibilities on a given day. Click on the "Voice" button and a myriad of thought bubbles will fill the screen, revealing actions other players have taken at that point in the game (see the image below).

The particulars are a bit different from Dark Souls – no one can send a misleading message encouraging you to kill the shopkeeper – but the idea is the same. Essentially, Persona 4 Golden is trying to tacitly bind everyone more closely together and into something of a community. It's meant to encourage those who need help to check with their peers in the game instead of a web forum. And I use the new mechanic ... a lot.
It's not that I necessarily want my peers to hold my hand. As I said, I really want to delve into Persona 4 Golden's mysteries without feeling beholden to some optimal day-by-day strategy guide. It's more that I want to have an idea of what's out there, then make an informed decision.

Not too long ago, I decided to check in on what everyone did for a particular night in late April, and saw that a lot of them had spent time with "Marie." Who in the world was Marie? Having not followed the Persona 4 Golden news too much , I didn't realize that she was one of the new characters. My curiosity was piqued by this new name, so I decided to go looking for her in town. After some searching, I discovered her in the Velvet Room, and voila! New social link.

At other junctures, the mechanic has been a useful barometer for when to go dungeon diving, or visit the local Chinese restaurant and build up their attributes. Later on, I'm sure it'll be helpful in determining whether I should have this social link or that social link. Mostly, it's there to offer a few helpful hints and make me feel more confident about my own plan of action.

The most important benefit of this new feature – and others like it – is that it adds a degree of transparency to Persona 4 without sacrificing the attendant sense of exploration. It offers no hints about what the "right" decision" is; rather, it's there in part to help newcomers who are feeling overwhelmed by the large number of decisions that need to be made over the course of the story. For those people, just having a few options on the table ought to be a relief.

Beyond that, Persona 4 isn't getting any easier. Death is frequent, it's still hard to make friends with everyone, and the process of creating new Personas is as complicated as ever. There are signs, however, that Atlus is lightening up a bit. Among other things, it is now possible to restart from the beginning of a dungeon floor in the case of untimely death. In that sense, Persona 4 Golden differs somewhat from Dark Souls (it's not outright cruel in how it handles death). But then, death in Dark Souls is often the direct result of your own actions.

Regardless, Persona 4 Golden continues the series' recent trend of putting more control in the hands of its players, which I count as a good thing. It doesn't quite yield all of its secrets, and I really wouldn't want it to, but I can say that May isn't nearly as stressful as it used to be.

Roto13
Member
(11-08-2012, 03:02 AM)
Roto13's Avatar
The way you get the new Persona upgrades is kind of anti-climactic. :P Just do another Social Link event for party members you've reached S. Link level 10 with in the new postgame stuff.
Esura
Banned
(11-08-2012, 03:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Roto13

The way you get the new Persona upgrades is kind of anti-climactic. :P Just do another Social Link event for party members you've reached S. Link level 10 with in the new postgame stuff.

Wow, that's kind of meh.

I feel like buying this even though I don't own a Vita. Hopefully Atlus keeps this in print for like a year until I get a Vita.
jello44
Member
(11-08-2012, 03:46 AM)
jello44's Avatar

Originally Posted by we.are.the.armada

She need your halp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgnO_Mbmns4

Originally Posted by Sophia

Aforementioned scene with voice acting. Thar be minor spoilers.

D'awww Aigis.
Last edited by jello44; 11-08-2012 at 03:48 AM.
YoungBlade
Member
(11-08-2012, 03:56 AM)
YoungBlade's Avatar
I hate how I'm not going to be able to play this version of P4 because I don't have a Vita : (
I'm currently looking at Amazon for a copy of the game for PS2.
Lunar15
Member
(11-08-2012, 04:05 AM)
Lunar15's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roto13

That'll probably have to do. :P

You've seen the dub version, Right?
SerArthurDayne
Member
(11-08-2012, 06:54 AM)
SerArthurDayne's Avatar
In honor of this game, and thanks to the thread, I have designated this as my text message tone.

Only once, though.
Dantis
Member
(11-08-2012, 09:04 AM)
Dantis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Esura

Wow, that's kind of meh.

Like I keep saying, that applies to all of the new content. The beach trip is less than a minute long, as is the fireworks show. The new dungeon is a chore and laughably easy. The new ending is mostly the same as the old ending. Even the new music is half-assed, as it's not composed by Meguro (Except for the opening, battle theme and dungeon theme).

Originally Posted by buddha0991

what about DDS huh wiseguy?


Oh btw guys, P2 Duo > P4 > P1 = P3, all = good to great games. the world keeps on spinnin'

Hey now, I said 'just about'. :P
toddhunter
Member
(11-08-2012, 09:29 AM)
toddhunter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ragingnight

I'd make her scream if only she was in P4A.

PAL region exclusive!
Roto13
Member
(11-08-2012, 03:45 PM)
Roto13's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lunar15

You've seen the dub version, Right?

As of last night, yes. I'd rather have just read them myself.
Roto13
Member
(11-08-2012, 08:31 PM)
Roto13's Avatar
Some of this new fanservice is just too much. I judge anyone who enjoys the new anime scene of Marie and the girls in a hot spring.
Astral
Member
(11-08-2012, 11:31 PM)
Astral's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roto13

Some of this new fanservice is just too much. I judge anyone who enjoys the new anime scene of Marie and the girls in a hot spring.

I don't understand that scene. I thought that it was actually the guys' turn to use the spring and they saw the girls by accident. Did they change it or did the girls decide to take another bath?
chickdigger802
Banned
(11-08-2012, 11:37 PM)
chickdigger802's Avatar
game is rated M right?

Give me at least DOA level of fanservice or why bother trying at all?
Dantis
Member
(11-08-2012, 11:37 PM)
Dantis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Astral

I don't understand that scene. I thought that it was actually the guys' turn to use the spring and they saw the girls by accident. Did they change it or did the girls decide to take another bath?

They added to it. Two new anime scenes. Second one is pervy as all heck.

Originally Posted by Roto13

Some of this new fanservice is just too much. I judge anyone who enjoys the new anime scene of Marie and the girls in a hot spring.

Told you so.
ShockingAlberto
Member
(11-08-2012, 11:41 PM)
ShockingAlberto's Avatar
Comparing things to Dark Souls is getting so fucking passé.

Resist the urge, game writers.
Dantis
Member
(11-08-2012, 11:43 PM)
Dantis's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShockingAlberto

Comparing things to Dark Souls is getting so fucking passé.

Resist the urge, game writers.

Especially when it's not really true at all.
Astral
Member
(11-08-2012, 11:45 PM)
Astral's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dantis

They added to it. Two new anime scenes. Second one is pervy as all heck.

So they just go back and peep at them? I liked the idea of the girls being at fault.
Roto13
Member
(11-08-2012, 11:48 PM)
Roto13's Avatar

Originally Posted by Astral

I don't understand that scene. I thought that it was actually the guys' turn to use the spring and they saw the girls by accident. Did they change it or did the girls decide to take another bath?

That one's still the same, but there's a new one where they're straight up hanging around naked with steam covering their bits. It's ridiculous. It reminds me of Bayonetta, where the whole game has a bunch of sexual innuendo and it's very tongue-in-cheek, but at one point, a Joy enemy masturbates into the camera and it just crosses the line.
Dantis
Member
(11-08-2012, 11:50 PM)
Dantis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Astral

So they just go back and peep at them? I liked the idea of the girls being at fault.

Nah.

First one is just the girls. They all run out in towels and are talking about how great the bath house is or something. They coax Naoto out and she's embarassed. They all stare at her gigantic boobs (Which weren't gigantic pre-Golden) and she is startled, which obviously, makes her boobs bounce. Because that's what boobs do.

Second one is at the end of the game. You go to a different bath house, and the girls are all naked, bathing together, with conveniently placed soap bubbled covering up their various areas. Side-boob and ass abound! The guys are peeking over the top at them, and the bath wall collapses. They all look awkward, and (I may be remembering this wrong), Yukiko sees Yosuke's dick and flips out. Marie barges in and electrocutes everyone. It's really fucking dumb.
toddhunter
Member
(11-09-2012, 12:00 AM)
toddhunter's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roto13

Some of this new fanservice is just too much. I judge anyone who enjoys the new anime scene of Marie and the girls in a hot spring.

I'm the guy they do this for.

I love every second of it.

Sorry.
Astral
Member
(11-09-2012, 12:06 AM)
Astral's Avatar

Originally Posted by Dantis

Nah.

First one is just the girls. They all run out in towels and are talking about how great the bath house is or something. They coax Naoto out and she's embarassed. They all stare at her gigantic boobs (Which weren't gigantic pre-Golden) and she is startled, which obviously, makes her boobs bounce. Because that's what boobs do.

Second one is at the end of the game. You go to a different bath house, and the girls are all naked, bathing together, with conveniently placed soap bubbled covering up their various areas. Side-boob and ass abound! The guys are peeking over the top at them, and the bath wall collapses. They all look awkward, and (I may be remembering this wrong), Yukiko sees Yosuke's dick and flips out. Marie barges in and electrocutes everyone. It's really fucking dumb.

Lol. That does sound pretty ridiculous.
Dantis
Member
(11-09-2012, 12:15 AM)
Dantis's Avatar

Originally Posted by Astral

Lol. That does sound pretty ridiculous.

Mhmm. When I said that most of the Golden content isn't very good, I wasn't just being obnoxious or trying to bring people down, it genuinely isn't up to the standards of the main game.

Which makes sense, seeing as the main developers had little to do with it.
Roto13
Member
(11-09-2012, 01:21 AM)
Roto13's Avatar
Is this epilogue where everyone looks different new?

Also, does this game ever fucking end?
Christian
Member
(11-09-2012, 01:25 AM)
I've had the regular edition preordered for a couple months... But I couldn't find a place still accepting preorders on the Solid Gold Edition. Is there ANYWHERE besides insane independent retailers where I might get the Premium Edition?
Snapshot King
Member
(11-09-2012, 01:43 AM)
Snapshot King's Avatar

Originally Posted by toddhunter

I'm the guy they do this for.

I love every second of it.

Sorry.

I should also apologize.
Mrbob
how can the baaasheep
enjoy the shootbang?
(11-09-2012, 01:44 AM)
Mrbob's Avatar
Are we getting a discount on PSN for this game?
SerRodrik
Member
(11-09-2012, 01:52 AM)
SerRodrik's Avatar
One day. One day I will have money, and then this will be mine. I might boot up some vanilla P4 to drown my sorrows.

At least I will still have the right voice actors.
we.are.the.armada
Member
(11-09-2012, 01:56 AM)
we.are.the.armada's Avatar

Originally Posted by Christian

I've had the regular edition preordered for a couple months... But I couldn't find a place still accepting preorders on the Solid Gold Edition. Is there ANYWHERE besides insane independent retailers where I might get the Premium Edition?

Unfortunately not. I don't know if this is possible, but perhaps if somebody cancels their premium maybe it will show up as available on Amazon. Also, maybe after the game is released, a few will show up on Amazon or Gamestop.
sarcoa
Member
(11-09-2012, 01:58 AM)
sarcoa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Roto13

Is this epilogue where everyone looks different new?

Also, does this game ever fucking end?

I'm at 36 hours on October 6th. Pretty good pace considering my first run through P4 was 80+ four years ago.
Despera
Member
(11-09-2012, 02:11 AM)
Despera's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShockingAlberto

Comparing things to Dark Souls is getting so fucking passé.

Resist the urge, game writers.

I hate it when they do that.

But Dark Souls is my favourite game this gen, so I appreciate the free advertisement.
Roto13
Member
(11-09-2012, 04:00 AM)
Roto13's Avatar
Here's some screenshots of the new shameless fanservice scene discussed above. Links because kind of NSFW and also spoilery I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/R47yI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/unF0D.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/C3zxS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SmaYs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/S9vcU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/n4cY9.jpg
Kyon
Banned
(11-09-2012, 04:05 AM)
Kyon's Avatar
looks like any other anime type JRPGs not really shameless. You tried tho

Thread Tools