• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announced Xbox in Israel, master chief says NO to girly games.

Theman2k

From now on, Xbox comes officially from Microsoft to Israel.
It will feature the Hebrew language, local currency Xbox live support and local media partners.

Before people bought Xbox from private stores who imported them themselves.

This whole thing was announced at Microsoft discovery event in Israel, by steve ballmer who visited with his xbox.

4248106789075408218no.jpg

Master chief was there for the HALO 4 midnight event, it was pretty lame...
And he said that you shouldn't waste you'r time on girly games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0tDM6hFZ2Cc

M.D

"Thanks for Kinect and all the other wonderful things you've developed for us over the years.

Here, you can have our 7-year old console."

pswii60

Didn't realise it hadn't already released there. After all, doesn't the technology in Kinect originate in Israel?

upandaway

Didn't realise it hadn't already released there. After all, doesn't the technology in Kinect originate in Israel?
It is sold here by most electronics retailers, just without Live and the other services supported locally. There are still loopholes to buy and access them though. Been that way ever since launch.

Theman2k

"Thanks for Kinect and all the other wonderful things you've developed for us over the years.

Here, you can have our 7-year old console."

You seem to get it right :-/

Lets hope its good ground for next gen then.

Matt_C

Is Israel mainly PlayStation Country due to FIFA or is PC most popular? I wonder what took Microsoft so long to set up a local XBL service let alone have people switch platforms. I just wonder if this is a gateway for a Durango launch next year? Isn't Israel considered to be a part of the European market or the Middle East?

Spayro

That was pretty horrible. It's not like having an Xbox here was that uncommon, either.. don't get why they needed that big event.

Also ha, Theman2k. I remember you from the days of Gamer, around ten years ago.. happy times.

JulianImp

Somehow, this is great news!

It was announced today that they did the same announcement over here in Argentina, and it seems they've finally lifted the ban on purchasing some GFWL games on Steam (as well as other distribution services, I assume).

It seems like we didn't get Master Chief, though, so Israel wins.

Theman2k

That was pretty horrible. It's not like having an Xbox here was that uncommon, either.. don't get why they needed that big event.

Also ha, Theman2k. I remember you from the days of Gamer, around ten years ago.. happy times.

Yeah a lot of people remember me somehow from there all around, do i know you ?

Top Bottom