• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Effect

Hope we find out if campaign was really the wrong word they should have used when describing the Tranzit mode when it came to Zombies.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Does anyone have a link where the prestiging is explained in more detail? I thought I had read that weapons would still have a level lock on them and you would lose them when you prestiged unless you used your prestige token to unlock them premanently. I thought this applied to perks and equipment as well, but the OP says differently.

Victrix

*beard*
It feels like they've been quiet about prestiging because they seem to have flown the whole 'you MUST prestige to get all gear' under the radar.

I really, really don't like that. All of my friends who never prestige will never have all equipment/weapons/etc unlocked, and doing 10 prestiges to use everything is just as bad as MW3s weapon leveling to unlock all attachments :|

Unless I'm missing something completely, but that's how its been described.

Coldphire

Neo Member
It feels like they've been quiet about prestiging because they seem to have flown the whole 'you MUST prestige to get all gear' under the radar.

I really, really don't like that. All of my friends who never prestige will never have all equipment/weapons/etc unlocked, and doing 10 prestiges to use everything is just as bad as MW3s weapon leveling to unlock all attachments :|

I agree that for someone who never prestiges it could be bad. It really depends on if you will have enough unlocks in 55 levels to get everything you want for every different load out type you want. If you want to have a mid range class and a run and gun class and a silent class and a sniper class etc will there be enough unlocks in 55 to set it all up. I think there will be and you may have to leave off some of the equipment or killstreaks or guns.

But how will you know if you want them or not unless you experiment with them first.

I agree that for someone who never prestiges it could be bad. It really depends on if you will have enough unlocks in 55 levels to get everything you want for every different load out type you want. If you want to have a mid range class and a run and gun class and a silent class and a sniper class etc will there be enough unlocks in 55 to set it all up. I think there will be and you may have to leave off some of the equipment or killstreaks or guns.

But how will you know if you want them or not unless you experiment with them first.

I was under the impression that the stuff you have to prestige to unlock is purely cosmetic such as golden camo

nitric0

Haven't really been into COD MP since MW2 but scorestreaks and the lack of perks that effects weapons is very very interesting

zychi

Banned
any deals on the pc version? i used the amazon 25% off code on hitman and now i'm itching to re-order bo2.

Nabs

PC unlock times (retail wins again):

PCDev said:
Here is the planned unlock schedule for Black Ops II PC. Times are given separately for Steam purchases and Retail purchases.
-pcdev-

Retail:

Asia/Pacific
11/12 03:00am PST (Midnight 11/13 NZDT)

Europe / Russia / CIS / Africa
11/12 12:00pm PST (Midnight 11/13 MSK)

North America / South America
11/12 09:00pm PST (Midnight 11/13 EST)

Japan
11/21 07:00am PST (Midnight 11/22 JST)

Steam Store:

Asia/Pacific
11/12 05:00am PST (Midnight 11/13 EDT)

Europe / Russia / CIS / Africa
11/12 4:00pm PST (Midnight 11/13 GMT)

North America / South America
11/13 12:01am PST (Midnight 11/13 PST)

Steam Preloading begins:
Friday, Nov 9, 3:00pm PST (note: You must wait to unlock before you can play)

.nimrod

It sucks, but they changed some things up:
You keep your weapon progress, so you get all the attachments you had before as soon as you unlock the gun again. And i think you get to pick one item when you prestige that carries over.

You can also prestige faster than in the MW games since there are only 55 levels.

Victrix

*beard*
To all the people whining about Nuketown: You realize you don't have to install the map right?

Unless they decide to give it away as a bonus after a few months and put it into the regular rotation like Terminal

In which case it'll get voted in every single time it comes up, like every other tiny shitty map in CoD history :| Oh boy, Shipment!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I was under the impression that the game was using Steamworks on PC and would thus unlock at the same time whether you buy retail or not? Not that I mind as I'm buying retail.

Steam let's it unlock early if it sees you have a retail key. I hope my Amazon key is marked as retail.

Ryck

Unless they decide to give it away as a bonus after a few months and put it into the regular rotation like Terminal

In which case it'll get voted in every single time it comes up, like every other tiny shitty map in CoD history :| Oh boy, Shipment!
You can still just not install it though.

( I still haven't installed Terminal*)

*Nothing against the map, I am just lazy. XD

Victrix

*beard*
You can still just not install it though.

( I still haven't installed Terminal*)

*Nothing against the map, I am just lazy. XD

This... doesn't actually work. If you do that with Terminal it fucks matchmaking badly, I know, because we tried exactly this, and we had an extremely hard time finding matches. As soon as the party members missing it installed it, we found matches again.

On top of that I don't even know if you can go into matchmaking without a different party leader on the 360, because it prompts you to download 'required DLC', you can only bypass it by joining a party and letting them search.

As long as Treyarch keeps the appearance rate of NT2025 down to the rate of about once per day like they eventually did for Blops1 it should be at least tolerable.

Ryck

This... doesn't actually work. If you do that with Terminal it fucks matchmaking badly, I know, because we tried exactly this, and we had an extremely hard time finding matches. As soon as the party members missing it installed it, we found matches again.

On top of that I don't even know if you can go into matchmaking without a different party leader on the 360, because it prompts you to download 'required DLC', you can only bypass it by joining a party and letting them search.
Wow that's awful, I haven't had any such issues on PSN. Course I don't party up too often but finding games and such is as quick as always.

imotep

Neo Member
I've got that COD itch was again so I'm going to pick this up for some mindless fun in the multi. I had a question regarding the single player though (I Know), is there an actual AI system in place now or still just infinite respawns until you move forward

TEH-CJ

Banned
O_O

Tell me more!!!!

I love it man. I don't usually like the overtop set pieces and scripted events in the modern warfare series but black ops 2 really pulls it off flawlessly.

the sound effects are improved big time, the graphics are actually pretty damn good, and the gunplay is fricken awesome.

I'm playing this game with a smile on my face, and thats something I cant say about halo 4.

Top Bottom