• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V GameInformer Discussion (11/8, 12PM EST)

Awesome, I hope Dreams is in there ... definitely one of my snowboarding/mountainbiking staples in any mix I make.

I'm not buying into the hype for this game, given the way Rockstar masterfully orchestrated the press into giving GTAIV review scores far beyond what it deserved. I don't see what significant and interesting features they can add to GTA when it's still constrained within this generation of consoles.

Oh Jesus fucking Christ, we get it if you don't enjoy it then by all means wait to see what this one offers but leave the asinine conspiracy theories out of this thread for once.

Anyway, only 3 more hours until I purchase this on my iPad at work lol, hope my boss has a meeting so he's away from my office!

EDIT: Quick question, obviously we can't post scans from magazines, but what about screenshots from digital? I assume same rules apply? It's ok to list bullet points and such I assume in this thread as some stuff may be "spoilerish" to some, but this is the magazine OT so I assume any and all discussion dealing with the content is fair game?

Marleyman

Banned
I'm not buying into the hype for this game, given the way Rockstar masterfully orchestrated the press into giving GTAIV review scores far beyond what it deserved. I don't see what significant and interesting features they can add to GTA when it's still constrained within this generation of consoles.

Fuck outta here with this.

Would you children either learn how to ignore opinions you don't like or not shit up this thread? Please and thanks. <3

EDIT: Quick question, obviously we can't post scans from magazines, but what about screenshots from digital? I assume same rules apply?

I'm not posting anything that doesn't come from GameInformer's website (non-paywall), IGN (or similar), or Rockstar's Newswire to be safe.

Tr4nce

I contacted Kabouter about this, very recently. I asked him if it was allowed to post a link to an old article with GTA IV scans in it. That wasn't even allowed.

So, I'd bet that the same goes for the digital scans as well.

Seanspeed

Banned
Fuck outta here with this.

Come on man, let people have a negative opinion about GTAIV for ONCE, geez. We get it - you love it. Lots of others dont.

Anyways, my GI subscription ran out a couple months ago, but I'll be picking up the mag on the 16th.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GTA4 was a fun and enjoyable game which didn't live up to the expectations of past GTA's. Luckily GTA5 looks to be what GTA4 should have been. I'm back to being excited like I was for Vice and San Andreas. Only Rockstar can make the kinds of worlds which you just love to explore every inch of. Looks like they will be back in true form with this.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Don't post scans. Not from a magazine nor from the digital copy. Just don't do it.

I remember Nirolak saying it's not allowed here.

GTA4 was a fun and enjoyable game which didn't live up to the expectations of past GTA's. Luckily GTA5 looks to be what GTA4 should have been. I'm back to being excited like I was for Vice and San Andreas. Only Rockstar can make the kinds of worlds which you just love to explore every inch of. Looks like they will be back in true form with this.

They were back in true form with RDR in my opinion. I'd put that up there with Vice City and San Andreas!

harrytang

horses in GTA? can only imagine the euphoria engine working hard to animate horse car collisions. dont see it happening. nor dogs. R* stated in past animals not making the game more fun in GTA. i know they in the art and first trailer, but they may remain that way, art and cut scenes.

having said that, being able to hunt in the country side would be bad ass RDR. maybe they keep the animals from wandering into city territory. who knows...

GlamFM

Banned
horses in GTA? can only imagine the euphoria engine working hard to animate horse car collisions. dont see it happening. nor dogs. R* stated in past animals not making the game more fun in GTA. i know they in the art and first trailer, but they may remain that way, art and cut scenes.

having said that, being able to hunt in the country side would be bad ass RDR. maybe they keep the animals from wandering into city territory. who knows...

Dog.

dog_beach16x9.jpg

GTA-5-Dog-mini-carousel.jpg

Trigger

San Andreas had the best tone in the series when it came to the story. I hope GTA V comes very close to replicating it. Maybe we'll see some of the mild RPG elements return too.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is it allowed to write a summary about the features stated in the preview?

Generally speaking, you can write as much as you like as long as you don't like straight transcribe the whole thing.

Use direct quotes sparingly, but summarize to your heart's content.

maybe they keep the animals from wandering into city territory. who knows...

RDR does that, there are invisible boundaries that the wild animals turn back from if they go too far.

I doubt the dogs will be cutscene only... but I'm not expecting to walk my own dog either.

please have stuff to do
please don't make "stuff to do" = a bunch of dates with cousin
please have stuff to spend money on
please have cars with power steering fluid, and brake pads installed

"I know it was you GTA IV!" "You broke my heart!"

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right, after having to delete a post, I added red highlight text to the top of the OP.

We'll be less nice going forward now that there's a giant warning and a link to the appropriate location.

Derrick01

Banned
please have stuff to do
please don't make "stuff to do" = a bunch of dates with cousin
please have stuff to spend money on
please have cars with power steering fluid, and brake pads installed

"I know it was you GTA IV!" "You broke my heart!"

Not having things to spend money on seems to be a GTA tradition, though admittedly it was worse in GTA 4 since you couldn't buy buildings or a large amount of clothes or trick cars out. It would be nice if they actually bothered making a decent economy in the game for once.

I'm hopeful that there will be a variety of animals. San Andreas had animals that were cut at the last minute. Their models are even still on the disc, but if I remember correctly they never got around to finishing their AI.

Especially now with all the animal tech they created in RDR, and the emphasis on showing a dog in the art and the trailer I think it's a given and I don't see why they'd stop at dogs. Rockstar are a stickler for detail, and I doubt they're going to have a big farming region with no animals and mountainous forests devoid of life.

jackrubyn

PRE-ORDER BONUS SCREENS

(Click for larger)
As a non-American, I'm not sure of what the real counterparts of these places are. Could someone enlighten me?
Vinewood Hills = Hollywood Hills?
Zancudo River = ?
Vespucci Canals = Venice Canals?
Grapeseed = ? Orange County?
Del Perro Pier = Santa Monica Pier?

I think it is.

I downloaded an older issue for free (at least I hope so :D ) with an AC3 article in it. Looks great imo.

Thanks, wanted to make sure. Some of the magazines (EW for example) are so blurry now that you can barely read them

Edit: I just downloaded the AC3 one you mentioned, can verify it looks great on new iPads.

I hope that if at the end you control three different characters with different stories, one of them is a girl. A want to be actress in Vinewood or something like that. Could be pretty interesting.

Any proof 'bout that?

Tr4nce

Ok, I could be seeing ghosts here...

BUT: if you look at the Grapeseed picture a few posts back, I think I can actually see 1 or 2 cows. I know I'm making a fool out of myself right now, but when I zoom in (on the original picture if you click on it), it looks there's one standing to the far left and a bit to the right of that, it looks like one is laying down. Not sure though!

The cows thing has been mentioned, hard to be sure.

As a non-American, I'm not sure of what the real counterparts of these places are. Could someone enlighten me?
Vinewood Hills = Hollywood Hills?
Zancudo River = ?
Vespucci Canals = Venice Canals?
Grapeseed = ? Orange County?
Del Perro Pier = Santa Monica Pier?

Non-American here too but those look right to me. I wasn't aware of Venice Canals, I thought they must have made that up.
Grapeseed I'm not sure of. And I don't know about the river.

Ok, I could be seeing ghosts here...

BUT: if you look at the Grapeseed picture a few posts back, I think I can actually see 1 or 2 cows. I know I'm making a fool out of myself right now, but when I zoom in (on the original picture if you click on it), it looks there's one standing to the far left and a bit to the right of that, it looks like one is laying down. Not sure though!

I think those looks like cows, of course they could also be farming equipment. But given that dogs are in and RDR, I don't see why they wouldn't have some animals in there just to add to the environment.

I think 'stuff to spend money on' is the biggest item by far on my wish list. I don't feel like there has ever been enough to do with all the money you get. I want to have to earn phat stax for any good reason they can come up with.

BFIB

I want the next GTA game to be based in the same region as RDR, but in current times. Have the protagonist be a descendant of John Marston.

nashb81

Neo Member
Subbed this thread. Can't wait. I hope GI touch upon the game's OST. IV was a bit of a letdown compared to SA.

Top Bottom