• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninjadog talks Wii U development, and the possibility of NG3: Razor's Edge PS360

Takao

Banned
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/1...m_campaign=Feed:+siliconera/MkOc+(Siliconera)

On Wii U power:

"In terms of power, it’s right up there with PS3 and Xbox 360 plus the power to run the extra screen on the controller. There is plenty of power there to use," Hayashi stated. "For all of Nintendo’s hardware, it’s not about power; it’s about how you creatively use the hardware. When we make games for Nintendo, they are going to come and challenge us to use that hardware to make a creative game. That’s the key point from Nintendo that we always feel."

Bringing Razor's Edge to PS3/360:

I asked Hayashi-san if they would re-release the game with hardcore features like enhanced AI and dismemberment or offer fans who bought the PS3 and Xbox 360 version a downloadable update.

"Right now we are just really focused on getting Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge out, but we do want as many people as possible to experience that challenge and that fun. So having that on other platforms we’re working on that idea. We are looking at that, but right now, we are focused on Razor’s Edge," Hayashi answered.

Bring Razor's Edge DLC to PS3/360:

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge will also have new downloadable content. Team Ninja mentioned this during their Tokyo Game Show event, but haven’t not disclosed what it is yet. "Will people who bought Ninja Gaiden 3 for PS3 and Xbox 360 be able to get the upcoming DLC?"

"We can’t say for sure how it will be coming to the other consoles, but we are thinking of ways to be able to make Ninja Gaiden fans on all consoles happy," Hayashi replied.

coming next year ninja gaiden sigma 3: razor's edge
then in 2014 ninja gaiden sigma 3: razor's edge plus
and no one will care

"In terms of power, it’s right up there with PS3 and Xbox 360 plus the power to run the extra screen on the controller."

So it's settled. No more arguing about this

"In terms of power, it’s right up there with PS3 and Xbox 360 plus the power to run the extra screen on the controller.

Glad we've gotten past the point where this could make a 10 page thread, but interesting anyway

Eusis

wouldn't this kill the WiiU version's sales before it is even released?
Potentially, but with Nintendo publishing I wouldn't really expect it on PS3/360 anyway.

Although, getting that version IS dependent on getting a Wii U, and I expect if you got a Wii U you're not going to give a shit if they put it on PS3/360 at that point unless you prefer to keep series to a single platform (fair enough, this incarnation of Ninja Gaiden WAS an Xbox series primarily before Itagaki left).

antonz

Have a hard time believing that the title would end up elsewhere unless Nintendo has changed a lot. They are putting resources into development, offering staff for assistance and publishing.

That's a lot to just turn around and say sure release it over there

Spiegel

Potentially, but with Nintendo publishing I wouldn't really expect it on PS3/360 anyway.

Although, getting that version IS dependent on getting a Wii U, and I expect if you got a Wii U you're not going to give a shit if they put it on PS3/360 at that point unless you prefer to keep series to a single platform (fair enough, this incarnation of Ninja Gaiden WAS an Xbox series primarily before Itagaki left).

Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by Microsoft.

And in the OP he is basically saying that the game is going to be on 360/PS3 too.

Kyon

Banned
"In terms of power, it’s right up there with PS3 and Xbox 360 plus the power to run the extra screen on the controller.

Mess
iupCowi4vwpT7.gif

Zephyrus

Banned
Have a hard time believing that the title would end up elsewhere unless Nintendo has changed a lot. They are putting resources into development, offering staff for assistance and publishing.

That's a lot to just turn around and say sure release it over there

people thought the same when Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 were exclusive to Microsoft.

Then Sigma happened

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Effect

Repackaging Nintendo's advice for another console... Don't think so!

This. Is it really up to them if Nintendo put forth any money or personnel to help fix the game as well as publishing it? Curious if Nintendo has any say so here. I would think so.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I am but a lowly, ignorant man. I am open to better sources if you have them.

Yeah, that site is pretty much taboo around here and has terrible numbers.

Takao

Banned
Tecmo-Koei's games being published by a first party, and then ending up on other hardware is hardly new. Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by Microsoft, and now is on both PS3, and Vita. Samurai Warriors 3 was published by Nintendo in the west, and then got ported to PS3.

Plinko

Nice stealth "Wii U is just on par with PS360" thread bro. There are plenty of dev comments stating that its GPU supports effects that put it above the current generation.

This isn't a stealth anything. The dev is pretty clear it's more powerful than the other two because of what it takes to run the second screen.

All Takao did was post some excerpts from the interview. Nothing wrong with that.

Snakeyes

This isn't a stealth anything. The dev is pretty clear it's more powerful than the other two because of what it takes to run the second screen.

All Takao did was post some excerpts from the interview. Nothing wrong with that.

Man, you're quick. D:

Shinta

Banned
coming next year ninja gaiden sigma 3: razor's edge
then in 2014 ninja gaiden sigma 3: razor's edge plus
and no one will care

Lots of people would probably be happy about it. If I could get a $10-20 re-release on PS3 with substantial improvements, I'd go for it. And if they complete the trilogy on Vita, I'd go for that too if the improvements are there.

Plinko

Running a 2nd screen at a fraction of the resolution? I doubt that takes up much work.

Work? Probably not.

Power from the system? That's a different story. It saps resources.

Eusis

Tecmo-Koei's games being published by a first party, and then ending up on other hardware is hardly new. Ninja Gaiden 2 was published by Microsoft, and now is on both PS3, and Vita. Samurai Warriors 3 was published by Nintendo in the west, and then got ported to PS3.
Well, every publisher is different, so the question would be if Microsoft is more willing to let these things go than Nintendo, or not. I get the impression Nintendo was way more involved however, so I'd be assuming no.

Reiko

Banned
no it didn't. It sold unexpectedly well

I'm pretty sure they're calling them that based on the fact that the team is a bit weaker since Itagaki left.
Hence the term Ninja Dog which is also the weakest difficulty in Ninja Gaiden games

A bit weaker is the understatement of the year.

The old Team Ninja would have never shipped that NG3.

antonz

I like how a studio that cant even make a game competently without outside help that they have worked on for years is the metric people use. But of course then when you look at the names its not that unexpected. Shit posters are shit posters

Haliela

Do they want money? Of course they'll release on the competition. That kind of software doesn't sell well on Nintendo consoles. Once it bombs there they'll bring it over.

Takao

Banned
Well, every publisher is different, so the question would be if Microsoft is more willing to let these things go than Nintendo, or not. I get the impression Nintendo was way more involved however, so I'd be assuming no.

Well, what I'm saying is that Tecmo-Koei is a snake that sleeps with everyone. If there's a way they got Nintendo to work on Razor's Edge, and then have that content be ported over they'll use it.

Plinko

I think it's a negligible amount...it's not like a 3DS rendering a second image.

Anyway, I'm just busting your balls. I got one pre-ordered and ready.

No problem. I just remember having this conversation in the old WUST threads and I was pretty sure we had quotes from devs about how it takes extra power to run that stuff.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Still going to get it on Wii-U

but I'd probably double dip in 360 for achievements

neither at launch though

Top Bottom