• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 Review Thread

Dennis

Banned
You want no HUD at all? Wouldn't that make the missions impossible to complete? It's not like these games are designed with no HUD in mind.

I want it to be a toggle-able option so I can turn in on for gameplay if I need it.

Often games become more immersive and fun when the minimap etc. aids get turned off.

And there is the small matter of screenshots.....

Tobor

I want it to be a toggle-able option so I can turn in on for gameplay if I need it.

Often games become more immersive and fun when the minimap etc. aids get turned off.

Ahh, ok. That makes sense. I thought you wanted it off permanently, which sounded fairly frustrating given modern game design.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Also some people like to get more immersed in the game and feel that huds distract you too much.

Totally. I prefer as little HUD presence as possible without cutting out any vital information (depending on the game, of course...). It's not a deal breaker or anything but busy, oversized, poorly placed and especially low res HUDs are always a blight.

Cyberia

Polygon preview:

FrYIa.png

And he found the story in Gears 3 good. Lulz.

Lime

I sincerely doubt that I would personally ever give a 10/10 to a game that features the following line of dialogue in the manuscript: "DID I EVER TELL YOU THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY?"

Or having gratuitous boobs stuffed in your face.

i-Lo

Wow, I'll be honest. After their talk about high internal testing scores, I'd assumed that it's PR speak for blowing hot air up people's asses (given that's what generally happens). I am utterly stunned by the influx of great reviews.

Guess, I'll be picking it up... in due time.

CTE

I'm still getting it for my PC. I don't need it maxed out with ultra everything. I'll tweak some things and be happy. Still better than either console I could buy it for IMO. So PC is still my best overall option.

JeffGrubb

And years later, they found JeffGrubb still stuck on this post attempting to pronounce "toggle-able."

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
That's what I keep trying to tell people!

Besides the world as mentioned, the only other real good thing that I thought about FC2 was some of the shit the mercs in town would say if you listen to them talking to each other.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I sincerely doubt that I would personally ever give a 10/10 to a game that features the following line of dialogue in the manuscript: "DID I EVER TELL YOU THE DEFINITION OF INSANITY?"

Or having gratuitous boobs stuffed in your face.

Oh ffs

hlhbk

Yeah it sucks, Ubi games aren't on GMG. I just ordered from Amazon at MSRP, had a bunch of gift card credit. Fucking got charged tax too

I am getting Halo 4 on black Friday from amazon. It comes with a gift card I can use towards FC2. Anyone know if the Amazon version is Steam reedeemable?

Elixist

You're going on the list as well.

You're all suspect.

you have my axe as well zeliard. big fan of far cry 2, the graphics and world were fukn awesome
I am glad to see this game doing well. It shot to the top of my radar after e3.

same. ever since they first showed the game i thought it looked really good. i was hoping for it to be great. will see for myself in 2 weeks arghhhhhhh the wait noooooooo.

WELL THAT'S THAT THEN

Seriously, if RPS says it improves on everything FC 2 promised (and I don't care what you assholes say, FC2 was a flawed masterpiece) then I'm picking this up immediately.

This is about how I feel. Loved the game, other than the respawning camps. Everything else was exciting for an FPS/open-world game. Will be picking this up.

hlhbk

Nothing if you like it
Just said it was good news for me. Uplay is actually pretty good, very light client and the in-game rewards you get by spending points is pretty neat

Uplay is by far the worst of the in game clients. I hate origion but uplay makes origin look like the 2nd coming.

Nothing if you like it
Just said it was good news for me. Uplay is actually pretty good, very light client and the in-game rewards you get by spending points is pretty neat

You get the best of both worlds with the steam version. Uplay still activates those accomplishments by running along side steam.

Uplay is by far the worst of the in game clients. I hate origion but uplay makes origin look like the 2nd coming.

What issues have you had with it if I may ask? My only experiences have been positive, but I've also only played a few games:
Ass Creed 1
Ass Creed 2
Driver: San Francisco
A lot of hours into them tho. Never had any errors or problems I can remember.

Holy crap, neverthought that this would score this good. I only played FC2 for like 20 minutes, ran into 100 randomly generated patrols/ambushes and gave it up.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wish ubisoft spent some time on the DX11 version like Crytek does, there is really nothing to justify such bad performance

At least I was expecting some water like Crysis 1, would have looked so good in a tropical jungle like the one in this game

5a9e474ff8d6d1eb6a7d5119c91bcdd7e3d1f2eb.jpg

What is the source for this pic? It must be a mod. I remember someone posting this, and no one could find where they came from.

hlhbk

What issues have you had with it if I may ask? My only experiences have been positive, but I've also only played a few games:
Ass Creed 1
Ass Creed 2
Driver: San Francisco
A lot of hours into them tho. Never had any errors or problems I can remember.

The problem I have with it is outside of a few select titles the only way I buy PC games is via Steam. With most games my policy is "No Steam, no buy". I don't want yet another client running on top of Steam.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You get the best of both worlds with the steam version. Uplay still activates those accomplishments by running along side steam.

Uplay needs to be shitcanned period. Thats the one thing I hate about Ubisoft PC games. I hardly consider Uplay running along side steam to be "best of both worlds".

The problem I have with it is outside of a few select titles the only way I buy PC games is via Steam. With most games my policy is "No Steam, no buy". I don't want yet another client running on top of Steam.

So no problems then?

I was just curious cause you really shat on it. I understand

Uplay needs to be shitcanned period. Thats the one thing I hate about Ubisoft PC games. I hardly consider Uplay running along side steam to be "best of both worlds".

Its whatever. I don't know why there is such a problem with it, It doesn't affect performance and shuts down when you turn the game off.

Top Bottom