• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Alex
(11-23-2012, 06:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Sanctuary

I liked RE4 quite a bit, but I didn't like RE5 at all. I could live with it being somewhere in between.

I could too, that's why I bought it, but I don't think it hits that setup at all. It mostly just gives the design and vibe of a scaled down RE5 and RE6, to me, personally.

But for the 15 bucks I paid for it, it was decent enough.
rockman zx
(11-23-2012, 06:44 AM)
So digital release for the west, disc release for Japan I guess.
Eggman
Banned
(11-23-2012, 06:45 AM)

Originally Posted by SolarPowered

Give it to me.

now

Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(11-23-2012, 06:45 AM)

Originally Posted by GAMERG0D

Oh come on why not keep it 3DS exclusive?

...Exactly who benefits from this on the consumer or publisher side?
Alex
(11-23-2012, 06:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Nirolak

OCD jerkbags like me who will feel compelled to sell and rebuy a superior version of a game that didn't really like all that much to begin with!
chandoog
I wouldn't mind this on XBLA.
grimshawish
Banned
Not too surprising considering its and RE6s sales.
No WiiU is odd though.

Maybe just sticking it on the RE6 engine?
Maybe RE6 DLC
Pranay_

list threads ? ;b
miladesn
(11-23-2012, 06:48 AM)
awesome, I hope it's not just uprezzed. they probably made better assets already.
ApolloJoh

Originally Posted by alfredofroylan

Because Capcom

Did it with Viewtiful Joe 1/2 too though it was way less popular.

Pretty cool that I could possibly play Revelations since I don't plan on getting a 3DS ever.
alfredofroylan

Originally Posted by grimshawish

No WiiU is odd though.

WiiU isn't avalible in Korea, so they can rate games for the console yet.
pharmboy044

Originally Posted by Takao

Shocking news. The fact it wasn't 3DS/Vita from the start was kind of strange, but the given that Capcom has 0 Vita games known to be in development now makes things fairly clear.

That is very odd. I've always wondered what happened with Sony and Capcom. They showed that Lost Planet demo at the NGP reveal and now nothing. Also, what the hell happened with Monster Hunter?
Anteater

For what reason?
To Far Away Times
(11-23-2012, 06:49 AM)
I'm glad that more people will get a chance to play it. It's a good game. Nice mix of horror and RE4 style shooting. Probably a Top 5 game for me this year.
MatthewB92

Originally Posted by Oersted

Anyone else remembers that "resident evils"- WiiU hack thing?

I was gonna ask the same thing. Would love to rebuy it!
kswiston

Originally Posted by bobbychalkers

I always hear that this game bombed but I've never seen numbers. How much did it sell?

A little over 200k in Feb and March on the NPD charts (according to info from Joystik and GAF). Around 250k in Japan. No idea how it did in PAL territories.

Operation Racoon City did over a million in those two countries (combined) though.
Red Blaster
downloading Angry Birds
wont this look like shit on an HDTV
Vermillion
Member Formerly Known as JokerOfSpades
(11-23-2012, 06:50 AM)

Well, it benefits the selfish consumer.

At any rate, I have a 3DS but never got it... HD? Awesome. And hey, maybe they can just put it together with Mercenaries. Why not?

Oooooh, a Wii U port may be the best version (ish), as it'd be able to retain much of the gameplay from the 3DS version.
Alex
(11-23-2012, 06:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Red Blaster

No, they'll bump it to a native HD resolution and the asset work is pretty decent, it's like a scaled back RE4 with solid shader work.
Thoraxes
(11-23-2012, 06:51 AM)

The game is $18.99 at Amazon ..... and it's worth more than that in my opinion.

I want it at that price, but i'm just hanging around till the holiday sales end to snag it. With deals left and right, it may end up $10 in a flash sale or something.

I'll get it after Dec. is over if I am not fruitful in my pursuit.
grimshawish
Banned
(11-23-2012, 06:52 AM)

WiiU isn't avalible in Korea, so they can rate games for the console yet.

Ah okay.
Anteater
(11-23-2012, 06:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Red Blaster

It'll probably look alright, peace walker on ps3 looked fine due to the high resolution and framerate, even though the animations were a bit dated compare to other big budget games.
bobbytkc
ADD New Gen Gamer
(11-23-2012, 06:53 AM)

Originally Posted by pharmboy044

That is very odd. I've always wondered what happened with Sony and Capcom. They showed that Lost Planet demo at the NGP reveal and now nothing. Also, what the hell happened with Monster Hunter?

They also made resident evil exclusive on the game cube when the franchise was born on PlayStation hardware and the fanbase moved on to the PlayStation 2 (which also vastly outsold the game cube btw). In other words, who knows?
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(11-23-2012, 06:53 AM)

Originally Posted by grimshawish

No WiiU is odd though.

Maybe just sticking it on the RE6 engine?
Maybe RE6 DLC

This is Capcom, and this game was developed on MT Framework. You're getting an upres and that'll be all, lol.

Clearly Sony traded every game Capcom had exclusively in development for their hardware in exchange for exclusive SFxT content, and Dante in PlayStation All-Stars.
Last edited by Takao; 11-23-2012 at 06:58 AM.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(11-23-2012, 06:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Anteater

For what reason?

For what reason is Uncharted and Naughty Dog exclusive to PS3? Or Halo to Microsoft?
Ranger X
Kohler: 1, Ranger X: 0

PS: Itoi > Kojima by a good green country mile
(11-23-2012, 06:55 AM)
Well, that sure would please me since I didn't buy it yet on 3DS ;)
Vermillion

Originally Posted by SteeloDMZ

For what reason is Uncharted and Naughty Dog exclusive to PS3? Or Halo to Microsoft?

I've seen you around enough that I can tell you're trolling.
kswiston

Sony and Microsoft own those companies.

EDIT: trolling does make more sense I guess.
Anteater

They're first party developers?
Poimandres
(11-23-2012, 06:57 AM)

I think a better question is why do you want them to keep it exclusive?

I mean, it's apparently a good game. Wouldn't you want as many people to play it as possible?
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(11-23-2012, 06:58 AM)

They own the IPs and the studios that make them.

Unlike Capcom and Resident Evil.
SteeloDMZ
Banned

Originally Posted by JokerOfSpades

I've seen you around enough that I can tell you're trolling.

SMH......

RER is a good exclusive title for the 3DS' portfolio. At this point I doubt it would make any impact on any other platform.
Criminal Upper
Banned
I'll believe it when I see it. Especially since if that game is ever re-released, the only place it makes sense to is the Wii U.
kswiston
(11-23-2012, 07:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Poimandres

I mean, it's apparently a good game. Wouldn't you want as many people to play it as possible?

The only possible reason I can think of (that doesn't involve fanboyism) is that people want to justify their console purchase. If all of a console's exclusives get ported to other platforms, the system loses a lot of value. Thankfully, 3DS is worth owning for Nintendo's library alone (just like every Nintendo system).
Pranay_

Originally Posted by Poimandres

Title like these genreally build a library for 3ds which give more incentive to buy the 3ds ?

But i genreally feel since RE fanbase is genreally on consoles , porting on it make sense

also 3ds version bombed hard.
miladesn
looking at Capcom official screenshots, this should look pretty good.

Oersted
Banned
(11-23-2012, 07:01 AM)

The official story

A report from Thompson Financial News quotes Capcom's Katsuhiko Ichii as saying, "Due to high development cost of titles for PS3, we have decided to switch the platform to which we release our Monster Hunter 3 title."

Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(11-23-2012, 07:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Criminal Upper

I'll believe it when I see it. Especially since if that game is ever re-released, the only place it makes sense to is the Wii U.

It makes no sense for Capcom to release this as a Wii U HD exclusive unless Nintendo is paying them.
DonMigs85
(11-23-2012, 07:02 AM)
Does Nintendo even pay to keep some stuff exclusive? Or did they notice it wasn't selling that great so they didn't care?
Anyway I'm happy about this since I can get trophies and play on the big screen.
Vermillion
(11-23-2012, 07:03 AM)

SMH......

RER is a good exclusive title for the 3DS' portfolio. At this point I doubt it would make any impact on any other platform.

Huh, I guess I shouldn't have given you the benefit of the doubt, then.

That was a terrible comparison.
geebee
Banned

Originally Posted by Wario64

I bet it wont have a Platinum trophy.

Too bad it cant sit on my shelf with all of my other fake trophies that are of absolutely no value.

I never played on 3DS.. I can't get over the male character looking like a fat Alan Wake. I may pick this up on 360 or PS3 though...
Nirolak
Mrgrgr

Originally Posted by Criminal Upper

I'll say there's a 100% chance it's also coming to PS3/360.
Pranay_

They own the IPs and the studios that make them.

Unlike Capcom and Resident Evil.

Did nintendo pay for any marketing or such ? or was it capcom decision to keep it exclusive
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(11-23-2012, 07:04 AM)
Hope 360/PS3 fans enjoy it. It's quite good, and the Raid mode has a lot of replay value.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(11-23-2012, 07:05 AM)

Originally Posted by Pranay_

Did nintendo pay for any marketing or such ? or was it capcom decision to keep it exclusive

I'm sure Nintendo paid co-marketing for the title, but unless they fully funded development, the odds of having rights to the game are incredibly small.
Poimandres

Originally Posted by Pranay_

Title like these genreally build a library for 3ds which give more incentive to buy the 3ds ?

But i genreally feel since RE fanbase is genreally on consoles , porting on it make sense

also 3ds version bombed hard

The 3DS is fine. People who are going to buy one will buy one regardless of this titles exclusivity. Unless a 3rd party title is designed to truly take advantage of a consoles unique attributes, there should be no reason not to go multi platform.
Phoenician_Viking
Please listen.

Originally Posted by metalslimer

After Revelation's amazing sales, I'm shocked!!!

Amazing? This should alone tell you that the game failed to meet Capcom´s expectations, even though the PR people said otherwise.
Anteater
(11-23-2012, 07:06 AM)
How was the coop in this game? (if there's one), does it still uses the RE5 design where you have an AI following you for single player?
Sissel
(11-23-2012, 07:07 AM)

Originally Posted by Phoenician_Viking

Amazing? This should alone tell you that the game failed to meet Capcom´s expectations, even though the PR people said otherwise.

Invest in a new sarcasm meter ;)
Oersted
Banned
(11-23-2012, 07:07 AM)

Originally Posted by kswiston

The only possible reason I can think of (that doesn't involve fanboyism) is that people want to justify their console purchase. If all of a console's exclusives get ported to other platforms, the system loses a lot of value. Thankfully, 3DS is worth owning for Nintendo's library alone (just like every Nintendo system).

You are talking like Relevations going multiplat means 3DS lost all of its 3rd party exclusives.