• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

thirty
Banned
(11-23-2012, 07:24 AM)
I dunno if they have custom soundtracks on WiiU but is it possible for nintendo to patch the nsmb soundtrack? They have to know we're sick of it and its a blight on the series. I'm literally passing on the Wii U simply because after a few BAW BAWs I turn the games off when I attempt to try the new ones. Couldn't take that long to remix some classic Mario tunes eh? Is it possible?
Richie
(11-23-2012, 07:25 AM)
Nintendo: BAH!

Seriously, that's a good one. "We realize how lazy we were with the game's music. Here, have a patch to get rid of the recycled soundtrack we shamelessly put on the game".

Next you'll ask them to create new assets. Jokin', fellas! Put down that axe!
Last edited by Richie; 11-23-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Ysiadmihi
Of course it's possible. It's not going to happen, but it's possible.
PAULINK
It could. Will they? No.
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
No. That would cost money to make new music just to appease people with good taste.
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
Wii U doesn't have custom soundtracks? wtf. Is there anything Wii U can do?
thecouncil
if they cared what we thought of it, they wouldve changed it 3 'new' games ago.
Thoraxes
Is it possible?

Yes.

Will they do it and is it a good use of their money to pay someone to implement it?

No.
Mr. F

Originally Posted by thirty

I dunno if they have custom soundtracks on WiiU but is it possible for nintendo to patch the nsmb soundtrack? They have to know we're sick of it and its a blight on the series. I'm literally passing on the Wii U simply because after a few BAW BAWs I turn the games off when I attempt to try the new ones. Couldn't take that long to remix some classic Mario tunes eh? Is it possible?

thirty
DEFINITELY NOT
an Economics Major
(Today, 01:24 AM)
pbhawks45
Banned
(11-23-2012, 07:26 AM)
WAH WAH
Kokonoe
Banned
(11-23-2012, 07:27 AM)
They should patch it where you can use the Mii in the main mode.
SteeloDMZ
Banned
(11-23-2012, 07:28 AM)
I'm sorry, but this is seriously a ridiculous question. Before making this thread you already knew the answer.

Hint: it won't happen
Goldmund
(11-23-2012, 07:30 AM)
If homebrew ever comes to the U, maybe there's a chance. For now I advise you to turn off the music for the offending levels. That's the safest solution for your ears.
J-Rock
Yes. They will patch it next month. Nintendo will always do what their fans want.
BocoDragon
Banned
Good thing this is Wii U.

Turn the volume down on the pad and watch TV or a movie.
Gooster
(11-23-2012, 07:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Wario64

Day one patches.
PedroRVD
This is not a ridiculous question. I'm glad to not be the only one who is absolutely sick of this.

Wah-Wah in New Super Mario Bros 2 is ridiculous...I tried to enjoy the game, then I got to a castle...and even the castle music has wah-wah...I had enough that moment. Never played it again.

I'm absolutely passing on Mario U when I heard the same recycled music with more wah-wah.

I hope Nintendo receives feedback somehow about this... I know my observations on Club Nintendo surveys will never get read.

wah-wah :(
Gamer @ Heart
Play Mario while double tasking a show. Its what I do. That or podcasts.
I'm an expert
Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
(11-23-2012, 07:34 AM)

Originally Posted by Wario64

It can't even play Uncharted.
Anth0ny
(11-23-2012, 07:34 AM)
WAH WAH
Gospel
Parmesan et Romano
(11-23-2012, 07:35 AM)
Ape the Music player app from the 3DS and let me run it while playing games. Bam, everyone's happy.
Seik
(11-23-2012, 07:36 AM)
Never forget.
Cataferal
Digital Foundry
(11-23-2012, 07:37 AM)
I know a song that will get on your nerves...
Get on your nerves...
Get on yo- WAH-WAH!
PorygonVandal
(11-23-2012, 07:38 AM)
For only 9.99 you can change the WAH WAH to classic Mario music with the exclusive Classic Music DLC.

lol
PedroRVD
(11-23-2012, 07:38 AM)

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

WAH WAH

nooooooooooooo
Inorigo
(11-23-2012, 07:39 AM)
That OP is legendary.
zoukka

Originally Posted by PorygonVandal

For only 9.99 you can change the WAH WAH to classic Mario music with the exclusive Classic Music DLC.

lol

Tekken Tag 2 has this...

Originally Posted by worldrevolution

It can't even play Uncharted.

It doesn't even run iOS.
Soul_Pie
As far as I'm concerned the music and the sound effects in the new super mario bros games bring each game down a whole point if we were to rate them out of 10. If the sound is so bad that you want to turn the volume off entirely then there is something seriously wrong. Some of the lazy, most obnoxious stuff you'll ever hear, the fact that they even repeat the same shitty tunes and have the turtles dancing to them. I don't think I have ever heard more grating music in a series of videogames.

And to think of Super Mario Galaxy's brilliance....how is this even posssible???
Aaron Strife
Honk if you love cookies.
bah-bah

don't you love the dancing goombas
Resilient
(11-23-2012, 07:40 AM)

Originally Posted by Seik

Never forget.

NSMB redeemed.
ShockingAlberto
(11-23-2012, 07:40 AM)
Wah-wah, indeed.
Goldmund
(11-23-2012, 07:41 AM)

Originally Posted by Soul_Pie

As far as I'm concerned the music and the sound effects in the new super mario bros games bring each game down a whole point if we were to rate them out of 10. If the sound is so bad that you want to turn the volume off entirely then there is something seriously wrong. Some of the lazy, most obnoxious stuff you'll ever hear, the fact that they even repeat the same shitty tunes and have the turtles dancing to them. I don't think I have ever heard more grating music in a series of videogames.

And to think of Super Mario Galaxy's brilliance....how is this even posssible???

So you're saying it's the music that defines our generation.
catfish
I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
(11-23-2012, 07:43 AM)
how could you even think this would be a likely thing? Where have you ever heard of a company going 'hey guys that thing we sold, yeah it's total shit let's change it after sale'

this is the most bizarre gaming topic I've read in a while.

Originally Posted by PedroRVD

This is not a ridiculous question. I'm glad to not be the only one who is absolutely sick of this.

this is almost more ridiculous than the ridiculous question the OP posted.

worst topic ever.
tiggerkiddo
(11-23-2012, 07:44 AM)
They already apologized for overpricing the 3DS. That's all you're gonna get until the next generation.
Cartman86
(11-23-2012, 07:45 AM)
You entitled baby! How dare you change their art!

Seriously though no
UberTag
(11-23-2012, 07:45 AM)
If you guys want to play a recent Mario release with a really nice and unannoying soundtrack that requires no patching, I recommend Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
No WAH WAHs or dancing goombas to be found here.
Foffy
(11-23-2012, 07:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Seik

Never forget.

You are above even the BAH's.
We hereby award you the title of Big BAH.
SomeOneInaHat
(11-23-2012, 07:48 AM)
Mute your screen and have this play in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGeg5DkZheg
BurritoBushido
(11-23-2012, 07:49 AM)

Originally Posted by thirty

Jeff Gerstmann?

Originally Posted by Anth0ny

WAH WAH

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING
Last edited by BurritoBushido; 11-23-2012 at 07:52 AM.
soultron
I will snowboard
into a PRISON
(11-23-2012, 07:49 AM)
This is suddenly everyone's opinion after last week's Bombcast.
Muku
(11-23-2012, 07:50 AM)
I don't know. I don't find this topic to be ridiculous. But then again the wah-wah's have long worn their welcome and I absolutely hate that music. I wouldn't mind recycled good music, but they recycle the one recent piece of gaming music that drives me batty. Will they patch? No. Don't even think selling DLC to let you play other things is on their mind. :p I plan to play with the sound off completely. Maybe turn on iTunes. E3 drove me bonkers because every time they showed NSMBU it had that music. Burns mah ears and brain.
-Cade
i'm sick of this circlejerk the most out of all the dumb gaf hivemind circlejerks
Vermillion
Member Formerly Known as JokerOfSpades

Originally Posted by Cataferal

I know a song that will get on your nerves...
Get on your nerves...
Get on yo- WAH-WAH!

lol
zoukka
(11-23-2012, 07:51 AM)
NSMBWii definitely had a forgettable soundtrack. But forgettable is still far from bad or offensive.
thirty
Banned
(11-23-2012, 07:51 AM)

Originally Posted by catfish

how could you even think this would be a likely thing? Where have you ever heard of a company going 'hey guys that thing we sold, yeah it's total shit let's change it after sale'

this is the most bizarre gaming topic I've read in a while. E

this is almost more ridiculous than the ridiculous question the OP posted.

worst topic ever.

Why's it so bizarre? Namco has been doing it for years. Even tho they charge, it'd be a better value if nintendo were to do it.

I mean not even capcom is this lazy. They may have not changed the music of street fighter in 25 years but they arrange it very nicely without fail every time.
SomeOneInaHat
(11-23-2012, 07:52 AM)

Originally Posted by soultron

This is suddenly everyone's opinion after last week's Bombcast.

Its been my opinion since this.

catfish
I have a foreskin yet I do not have AIDS
(11-23-2012, 07:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Muku

I don't know. I don't find this topic to be ridiculous. But then again the wah-wah's have long worn their welcome and I absolutely hate that music. I wouldn't mind recycled good music, but they recycle the one recent piece of gaming music that drives me batty. Will they patch? No. Don't even think selling DLC to let you play other things is on their mind. :p I plan to play with the sound off completely. Maybe turn on iTunes. E3 drove me bonkers because every time they showed NSMBU it had that music. Burns mah ears and brain.

then you probably eat cereal without milk and think that's OK.
jooey
The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
(11-23-2012, 07:56 AM)
I love the desperation of the title. "guys is there ANY WAY this music can be changed??" The way this Wii U hate is manifesting after not even a week is fucking fascinating.
Berordn
(11-23-2012, 08:00 AM)
Why would you pass on the console because of one game? Were you just going to buy it for NSMBU? That's kind of silly.