• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(11-28-2012, 12:34 AM)
SalsaShark's Avatar
can we do this already? some people on GAF seem to have it and I feel like we need some confirmation on how this performs.

graphic options:


benchmarks:

PC shots from KyleN (who better get in here and comment on performance):


lets just dump whatever info on PC performance we have here. I need-to-know
Last edited by SalsaShark; 11-28-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Corky
Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
(11-28-2012, 12:37 AM)
Corky's Avatar
how can people have this already ? I thought 29th was the earliest
iNvid02
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:37 AM)
iNvid02's Avatar
i think asia might be 28th

SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(11-28-2012, 12:38 AM)
SalsaShark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corky

how can people have this already ? I thought 29th was the earliest

dont ask me, but they do


added iNvid02's pic to the OP, thanks
Acinixys
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:39 AM)
Acinixys's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corky

how can people have this already ? I thought 29th was the earliest

Review copies, and I'm fairly sure the OT thread has a post about many retailers breaking street date.
legacyzero
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:39 AM)
legacyzero's Avatar
I hate you Kylen. I HATEEEE YOUUUUU :P
bloodyroarxx
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:40 AM)
bloodyroarxx's Avatar
Wonder how my gtx460 would fare at 720p. Id love to get as much of the hotness as possible.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(11-28-2012, 12:41 AM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

added iNvid02's pic to the OP, thanks

Actually that's my pic and you're welcome :P

anyway yeah get KyleN in here we need to talk.
Miker
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:41 AM)
Miker's Avatar
Wow, those benchmarks are rough. 36 fps avg with a 680 with no AA? Crazy.
CheesecakeRecipe
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:42 AM)
CheesecakeRecipe's Avatar
My 460 am cry. :(
leng jai
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:43 AM)
leng jai's Avatar
What's up with the benches in the OP? Looks like the game runs like ass in virtually every card.
Gambit61
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:43 AM)
Gambit61's Avatar
Subscribed. Gotta know if my 460 can handle this with at least some decent settings and frame rates lol
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(11-28-2012, 12:44 AM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar

Originally Posted by Corky

how can people have this already ? I thought 29th was the earliest

The game got leaked :/
Kurdel
Banned
(11-28-2012, 12:44 AM)
Kurdel's Avatar
So I will be getting the GTX 660 ti, how likely is it that there will be Nvidia performance boosting patches for this down the road?
bloodyroarxx
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:44 AM)
bloodyroarxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by CheesecakeRecipe

My 460 am cry. :(

Yea but I assume you crank down the Ambient Occlusion and your framerate improves dramatically and at 1080p resolution you could lose some of the Anti Aliasing too
davonaytor
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:44 AM)
davonaytor's Avatar
What the hell, why is it around 30fps on a 680?

My monitor is 2560x1440 and I have a 680, I guess this means I'll get sub 30fps?
Soi-Fong
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:45 AM)
Soi-Fong's Avatar

Originally Posted by leng jai

What's up with the benches in the OP? Looks like the game runs like ass in virtually every card.

Tell me about it. A 680 should be enough to run this near max and at near 60. The optimization must be complete ass.
The English Conquistador
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:45 AM)
The English Conquistador's Avatar
Is this a new trend? New great looking games with fucking terrible performance?
Easy_D
never left the stone age
(11-28-2012, 12:46 AM)
Easy_D's Avatar
Uh, going by the benchmark, how will I even manage to run this on a Core 2 Duo and a HD5870? ):
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(11-28-2012, 12:46 AM)
SalsaShark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kurdel

So I will be getting the GTX 660 ti, how likely is it that there will be Nvidia performance boosting patches for this down the road?

very likely, probably beta drivers

how much of a "boost" though? no idea, possibly not much

Originally Posted by The English Conquistador

Is this a new trend? New great looking games with fucking terrible performance?

games that look great tend to be beefy specs-wise?

not saying this doesnt seem excessive, hence why im asking for some first-hand experience
Felix Lighter
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:46 AM)
Felix Lighter's Avatar
It could very well be some single setting that kills performance like ubersampling in The Witcher 2 or the DX11 features in Arkham City. I'm curious how it scales.
Soi-Fong
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:47 AM)
Soi-Fong's Avatar

Originally Posted by The English Conquistador

Is this a new trend? New great looking games with fucking terrible performance?

What doesn't make sense also is that this is a multiplatform game. I'd get if it was exclusive to PC, but it's not.
mr stroke
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:48 AM)
mr stroke's Avatar

Originally Posted by davonaytor

What the hell, why is it around 30fps on a 680?

My monitor is 2560x1440 and I have a 680, I guess this means I'll get sub 30fps?

Poorly optimized? or Nvidia/AMD need current drivers?

I haven't played the game yet but from screens and videos it doesn't look THAT good.
Woo-Fu
incest on the subway
(11-28-2012, 12:48 AM)
Woo-Fu's Avatar

Originally Posted by The English Conquistador

Is this a new trend? New great looking games with fucking terrible performance?

Isn't new at all. The best PC games---in terms of graphics---generally tax the best hardware available at the time. Which of course is a good thing.

What they also typically do is allow you to turn down/off most of that eyecandy and still run the game on midrange hardware.

What you'll notice about the posted results are that they are with everything maxed out. The real question in my mind is how it runs at reasonable settings, at 1080p.
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(11-28-2012, 12:48 AM)
SalsaShark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Felix Lighter

It could very well be some single setting that kills performance like ubersampling in The Witcher 2 or the DX11 features in Arkham City. I'm curious how it scales.

could also run ten times better in DX9 like Arkham City. Id gladly sacrifice those features tbh
Riggs
Banned
(11-28-2012, 12:48 AM)
I also have a 680 and I am taking this german benchmark with a grain of salt since the day it was posted. It could just be a single setting that is totally messing with the FPS like the previous poster said, so have some hope.
No_Style
Doesn't want to make an
ass of himself
(11-28-2012, 12:49 AM)
No_Style's Avatar
Looking forward to putting this on my 5770
bloodyroarxx
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:49 AM)
bloodyroarxx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Felix Lighter

It could very well be some single setting that kills performance like ubersampling in The Witcher 2 or the DX11 features in Arkham City. I'm curious how it scales.

I agree I assume its going to be the incredible draw distance in conjunction with AO. Id love to see the numbers when AO is off to compare.
CambriaRising
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:49 AM)
CambriaRising's Avatar

Originally Posted by Riggs

I also have a 680 and I am taking this german benchmark with a grain of salt since the day it was posted. It could just be a single setting that is totally messing with the FPS like the previous poster said, so have some hope.

It has certainly happened before. I am not ready for this to slay my 670ftw, so it better be false.
CheesecakeRecipe
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:50 AM)
CheesecakeRecipe's Avatar

Originally Posted by bloodyroarxx

Yea but I assume you crank down the Ambient Occlusion and your framerate improves dramatically and at 1080p resolution you could lose some of the Anti Aliasing too

Yeah cutting out AO would be one of my first steps, though the benches say there's no AA on at all (lol)
Acinixys
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:50 AM)
Acinixys's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gambit61

Subscribed. Gotta know if my 460 can handle this with at least some decent settings and frame rates lol

I also have a 460. In sure the game will look good at 640x480... :D
TheChewyWaffles
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:50 AM)
TheChewyWaffles's Avatar
My 570 is going to go tits up. I may need a funeral for her. Her name is Petunia.
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(11-28-2012, 12:51 AM)
Sn4ke_911's Avatar
There are reports Directx 11 is not selectable in the options menu.

IGN said there will be a day 1 patch for PC.
bearythebear
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:51 AM)
bearythebear's Avatar
TotalBiscuit does a 40+ minute video the PC version. Looks good in 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMQAkoue6w&feature=g-u
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(11-28-2012, 12:52 AM)
SalsaShark's Avatar

Originally Posted by bearythebear

TotalBiscuit does a 40+ minute video the PC version. Looks good in 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvMQAkoue6w&feature=g-u

does he mention his specs or performance at any point?
Lulubop
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:52 AM)
Lulubop's Avatar

Originally Posted by Sn4ke_911

There are reports Directx 11 is not selectable in the options menu.

IGN said there will be a day 1 patch for PC.

Hopefully that means they're optimizing it.
Raven77
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:54 AM)
Raven77's Avatar
I wonder how this will run on my SLI 560 TI's???
CSX
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:54 AM)
so wait for beta drivers + cap at 30 fps?
legacyzero
Member
(11-28-2012, 12:55 AM)
legacyzero's Avatar
So...

i5 3570k
Gigabyte 670
8 GB of mem

I'm not over-clocking anything yet (really because I havn't gotten the balls to figure out how yet)
Stahsky
A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
(11-28-2012, 12:56 AM)
Stahsky's Avatar

Originally Posted by SalsaShark

does he mention his specs or performance at any point?


He said "95% of the time, I am above 60 FPS at 1080p on a 680 (I think?)" but he can't get at the DX10 or DX11 settings
Lostconfused
I can make you pick a fight
With someone twice your size
(11-28-2012, 12:56 AM)
Lostconfused's Avatar
Well I sure hope it's not as broken as AssCreed 3 in terms of performance.
SalsaShark
Trust no one!
Keep your laser handy!
(11-28-2012, 12:57 AM)
SalsaShark's Avatar

Originally Posted by Stahsky

He said "95% of the time, I am above 60 FPS at 1080p on a 680 (I think?)" but he can't get at the DX10 or DX11 settings

*breathes out*
I NEED SCISSORS
Banned
(11-28-2012, 01:01 AM)
That performance is complete ass considering what it looks like. Crysis looks better to my eyes.
legacyzero
Member
(11-28-2012, 01:01 AM)
legacyzero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Riggs

I also have a 680 and I am taking this german benchmark with a grain of salt since the day it was posted. It could just be a single setting that is totally messing with the FPS like the previous poster said, so have some hope.

If so, I hope its not the AA. I NEEEED AA.
DTKT
Member
(11-28-2012, 01:01 AM)
DTKT's Avatar

Originally Posted by I NEED SCISSORS

That performance is complete ass considering what it looks like. Crysis looks better to my eyes.

Yeah, that's mostly my feeling too. I hope it runs okay on a 670.
felipepl
Member
(11-28-2012, 01:02 AM)
felipepl's Avatar
Probably the use of an intermediary AO setting should be enough to play this @ 1080p / Post Process AA methods with a GTX 580+ with acceptable framerates.
Gambit61
Member
(11-28-2012, 01:03 AM)
Gambit61's Avatar

Originally Posted by Acinixys

I also have a 460. In sure the game will look good at 640x480... :D

Sweet, can't wait too see it upscaled on my 1080p monitor X_X
felipepl
Member
(11-28-2012, 01:03 AM)
felipepl's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lostconfused

Well I sure hope it's not as broken as AssCreed 3 in terms of performance.

Wut? AC3 runs almost always @ 60 FPS here, GTX 580 and all settings maxed, besides AA which is set as "High".
Pimpbaa
Official Forum Cocksucker
(11-28-2012, 01:08 AM)
Pimpbaa's Avatar
Why is dx11 multithreading off in those options?
KyleN
Banned
(11-28-2012, 01:09 AM)
My specs:
i7 2600k stock cloks
GTX 670
16gb ram.

Max settings, 1920x1080

average FPS 70

I have never seen it go below 55 fps yet.

This is with DX9 tho, so no MSAA etc.


If i downsample from 2560x1440 i get about 45-50 fps avg.

And two more screens:)


Thread Tools