• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge listed for PS3/360 in Europe and dated for Japan

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
pretty much. black > sigma. heh

Eh, it's hard to say whether or not Black is completely better than Sigma. Sigma added a few cool music tracks and is a slightly faster version. Sigma made the underwater level MUCH less annoying, and Sigma removed some of the lame puzzles. Better graphics obviously.

On the other hand, Sigma forces you to play as Rachel. You can speed through her chapters pretty quickly (I'm talking like 5 minutes) but it's still quite the inconvenience. Also Sigma's Mission Mode is messier and disorganized. Black presents a bit more of a challenge as well, specifically with regards to Doku, the Berserkers, and Ishtaros. Not to mention you can't heal while locked in a grab. And Black has cooler slash graphics (you get that colored burst of energy like you see in Tekken games)

Eh, it's hard to say whether or not Black is completely better than Sigma. Sigma added a few cool music tracks and is a slightly faster version. Sigma made the underwater level MUCH less annoying, and Sigma removed some of the lame puzzles. Better graphics obviously.

On the other hand, Sigma forces you to play as Rachel. You can speed through her chapters pretty quickly (I'm talking like 5 minutes) but it's still quite the inconvenience. Also Sigma's Mission Mode is messier and disorganized. Black presents a bit more of a challenge as well, specifically with regards to Doku, the Berserkers, and Ishtaros. Not to mention you can't heal while locked in a grab. And Black has cooler slash graphics (you get that colored burst of energy like you see in Tekken games)

Water looked way worse though.

PJX

Joke section.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Watching people argue over the exclusivity of this game, is like two dogs fighting over a piece of shit.

Now if the Sigma edition adds even more content and refines things some more, maybe we can start getting somewhere. But I can't say I'll be getting all hyped up for it. The way people talked about Ninja Gaiden 3 made it seem like every aspect of the game was extremely flawed. So I was dubious about the Razor's Edge release being able to fix that, and I'm going to stay that way if it ends up coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360.

And even if this does fix some issues, I can't imagine there is going to be much demand for paying full price for a game that came out a year earlier with extremely mediocre reviews and lows sales the first time around. I mean if the work has already been done to get Razor's Edge out, I might see the logic in just going for it but if they are putting more time and effort in, yikes.

Great stuff.

will be looking forward to this release.

Hopefully this will be the definitive NG3 release, the one where they reconcile the SOB and NG2 combat systems. (yes I do believe they can work together)

Level design and story are unsavable though. Ill be buying this for the TOV and challenge missions.

Razor's edge is actually pretty good from what i can see.

Great stuff.

will be looking forward to this release.

Hopefully this will be the definitive NG3 release, the one where they reconcile the SOB and NG2 combat systems. (yes I do believe they can work together)

Level design and story are unsavable though. Ill be buying this for the TOV and challenge missions.

Razor's edge is actually pretty good from what i can see.
What I've played so far has actually been very good. I've only played up to the end of the second day but it's made me forget the awfulness of the NG3 demo. Since I never played the final game and haven't finished this one it may be unfair to make a judgement but I like RE more than NG2 and Sigma2.

I won't argue with those who were so burned by the original release that they'll never see it as a good game but I don't regret my purchase.

abadguy

Banned
I cant even imagine wanting to buy Razors Edge let alone Sigma 3 with MGR right around the corner and Bayonetta 2 launching next year.

dummydecoy

well, unless they update the game yet again, i don't see how it's gonna make much difference,ng3 and ng3 razor's edge were shit according to reviews.

As long as it's better than the initial release is all I'm hoping, and the return of flying swallow.

What I've played so far has actually been very good. I've only played up to the end of the second day but it's made me forget the awfulness of the NG3 demo. Since I never played the final game and haven't finished this one it may be unfair to make a judgement but I like RE more than NG2 and Sigma2.

I won't argue with those who were so burned by the original release that they'll never see it as a good game but I don't regret my purchase.

I need to have the game in my hands but I can see that there has been fundemental changes to to the combat, some that would only be noticed by high level players.

Unfortunately, nobody who opnion i respect on a high level in NG (reim , bigsaski etc) seems to want anything to do with razors edge.

plus IBrealms is down :(

As long as it's better than the initial release is all I'm hoping, and the return of flying swallow.

Flying Swallow is in Razor's Edge along with the return of some other techniques. I read a review for RE that describes it as NG3 with NGB tacked over it and that's the best description really.
I need to have the game in my hands but I can see that there has been fundemental changes to to the combat, some that would only be noticed by high level players.

Unfortunately, nobody who opnion i respect on a high level in NG (reim , bigsaski etc) seems to want anything to do with razors edge.

I'm mid-tier with DMC/BAYO/NG at best but the combat feels much better than that awful, awful demo. I'm not sure if the combat flow was any better in the final version of NG3 but RE feels totally different. The game is far from perfect but it's just as respectable a sequel as NG2 imo.

Robot Pants

Sad isn't it? :( I miss that place.

Flying Swallow is in Razor's Edge along with the return of some other techniques. I read a review for RE that describes it as NG3 with NGB tacked over it and that's the best description really.

I'm mid-tier with DMC/BAYO/NG at best but the combat feels much better than that awful, awful demo. I'm not sure if the combat flow was any better in the final version of NG3 but RE feels totally different. The game is far from perfect but it's just as respectable a sequel as NG2 imo.

OH.....GET. OUT.

Kayo-kun

shakehead.gif

Nibel

So

360/PS3 users played the alpha

Wii U users the beta

And now 360/PS3 users will play the golden scarab version

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
a shitty game that you don't even patching to include the updated features

Name me three games that did this that wasn't indie or less than $50 at release.

You sound like it was already some precedent set that everyone now follows when it's really quite the opposite. Especially when it's high-budget commercial console games from Japan. Double especially when it's Tecmo, who have been doing this with NG since Black. These people don't actually learn or fix anything.

Raptor

Yes is down but all the members went to another site, Im a veteran member from Iberians that went to the new site, not a NGB veteran awesome player though, reim, bigalski, sneh, Dark Hazuki, etc are there.

If you want I can PM the site.

please don't take this as an insult, but this is not a statement I cannot take serious.

its improved but to get even close to NG2 it would needed to be gutted and remade from the ground up.

there are parts of NG3 that are fundamentally broken as a NG title.

Revan

It states that the release date is March 5th of next year....and Sigma Plus 2 is scheduled for Feb 28th in Japan.....

I wonder if Team Ninja Dog is going to be unleashing a double dose of Sigma the first week of March in NA....

please don't take this as an insult, but this is not a statement I cannot take serious.

its improved but to get even close to NG2 it would needed to be gutted and remade from the ground up.

there are parts of NG3 that are fundamentally broken as a NG title.
As early in the game as I am I should probably hold judgement until I'm finished, the game could get much worse from here on out.

All I'll say is that it feels just as much like a Ninja Gaiden game as the others that I've played whereas vanilla NG3 didn't feel like Ninja Gaiden at all. But I'm also not crazy about NG2 or the Sigma series, they all pale in comparrison to NG and NGB imo.

Top Bottom