• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge listed for PS3/360 in Europe and dated for Japan

Just picked up NG3 for $10 from the microsoft store. If this is true, i won't complain; i'll just wait for it to plummet in price like i did for vanilla NG3.

As early in the game as I am I should probably hold judgement until I'm finished, the game could get much worse from here on out.

All I'll say is that it feels just as much like a Ninja Gaiden game as the others that I've played whereas vanilla NG3 didn't feel like Ninja Gaiden at all. But I'm also not crazy about NG2 or the Sigma series, they all pale in comparrison to NG and NGB imo.

day 5 and 6 in NG3 are underrated, but i hear what your saying.

Dereck

A port of a port?

inception.jpg

Oemenia

Banned
Yes is down but all the members went to another site, Im a veteran member from Iberians that went to the new site, not a NGB veteran awesome player though, reim, bigalski, sneh, Dark Hazuki, etc are there.

If you want I can PM the site.
Is NGB still the version they use to go on Karma runs? Ive completed Black a number of times and found Sigma to be not only easier but a diluted version overall. Now dont even get me started on Sigma 2...

day 5 and 6 in NG3 are underrated, but i hear what your saying.
If you ever do get around to playing it I'd be interested in hearing how you feel about the changes compared to vanilla and if there's any hope for the series going forward.

Based on the reaction to what I said earlier it's clear that most will never give a Hayashi another chance though lol

KissVibes

Banned
Well, it can't be a port of Razors Edge because KirbyLink95 told me on on YouTube that Razors Edge was only possible on the Wii U. Must be something else.

They have this planned from the beginning, isn't it?. I really want to see someday the combined sales of all NG3 versions, probably a big failure.

DR2K

Banned
They have this planned from the beginning, isn't it?. I really want to see someday the combined sales of all NG3 versions, probably a big failure.

Not really bad sales(shipment) wise. I'm sure Nintendo can stuff the retail channel with RE.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Fans wanted this version of NG3 on their console and they're making it possible. Still a port of a port of course of course.

If you ever do get around to playing it I'd be interested in hearing how you feel about the changes compared to vanilla and if there's any hope for the series going forward.

Based on the reaction to what I said earlier it's clear that most will never give a Hayashi another chance though lol

its a shame it doesn't come out till january in the UK. I was planning on buying a wii u for my sister for xmas, but i could of bought a copy of NG3:RE "just to test"

if sigma 3 is real i will be first in line.

This is what happens when the port team gets to run things. Bad games, ports of bad games, and bad ports of good games!

Is NGB still the version they use to go on Karma runs? Ive completed Black a number of times and found Sigma to be not only easier but a diluted version overall. Now dont even get me started on Sigma 2...

NGB is the best game for karma running the main story. NG2's scoring system is completely broken and NGS2 did nothing to fix it.

If you want to play NG2 to for score, you should play the survival missions in Mission Mode. They're the best thing that 3D Ninja Gaiden has to offer.

CamHostage

oh Team Ninja to cash in

I'm not sure what hope there is of this, but if they do a complete-replacement patch on NG3 and then ALSO re-release the updated game boxed as a "Sigma" release to get the old copies off the shelf, that would be a smart move to erase the stink of the original version. I'd be scared to see what they'd try to charge for the patch though, and anything but would free would still outrage many.

How was the framerate of NG3 on PS3? If NGS3 runs better than that pos, feel-of-60fps my ass DmC, I'd be happy.

The framerate to my knowledge was normally 60 fps and it is much better than the framerate in DmC. It definitely had quite a bit of dips and slowdown throughout though, especially when it got hectic. Still much smoother than DmC though imo.

Robot Pants

Been watching video commentary of Razor's Edge, and it's still baffling that the framerate problems are there. This guy I'm watching is only on Hard too, which means Master Ninja and Ultimate Ninja are gonna be.....just as bad as the original.
If they don't fix this for Sigma 3 (which they more than likely won't), I urge everyone to just avoid the game (which you more than likely will).

Takao

Banned
God damn do Team Ninja like porting these games.

3 Ninja Gaidens.

9 different retail releases.

Tecmo Koei gotta eat

[XBX] Ninja Gaiden (2004)
[XBX] Ninja Gaiden Black (2005)
[PS3] Ninja Gaiden Sigma (2007)
[PSV] Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (2012)

[360] Ninja Gaiden 2 (2008)
[PS3] Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (2009)
[PSV] Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (2013)

[PS360] Ninja Gaiden 3 (2012)
[WII U] Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (2012)
[PS360] Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3 (2013) ???

Aske

Awesome. Now I don't have to buy a WiiU until Bayonetta 2 comes out
and I'm convinced it won't show up on PS360.

I loved the first NG, preferred NG2, and skipped NG3 vanilla due to the shitty demo and plethora of impressions confirming it was trash. But at this point, I'm sold on NG3:RE. It doesn't sound like every issue has (or could ever be) addressed, but it does seem to be worth playing for those of us who ruefully passed on NG3 the first time. I can deal with bad level design combined with NG2 combat, especially after seeing gameplay vids of the new characters.

Skilletor

Wait, what? I played both and had a much better experience with Sigma 2 over the highly unpolished original.

Same. NGB > NGS2 > NGS > NG2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NG3

imo.

I've got the new console itch, so I'm going to pick up razor's edge at lunch. I want to see how it is.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
So PS360 testers did the alpha testing, Wii U owners did the beta testing and now PS360 owners get the finished product?

Team Ninja are sly bastards.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wait, what? I played both and had a much better experience with Sigma 2 over the highly unpolished original.

This.

I prefer Sigma 2. it was better,run better and balanced way more. (and Ayane was pretty freaking good)

I guess people hate on Sigma just because of the Itagaki vs Hayashi thing.

Not sure if pointed, but you know the whole "not the same game, not the same content" is the reason why they can port the game even though Nintendo published it?

Quite the biting back at Reggie's ass moment isn't it?

NG Sigma 2 is piss easy. It is an interesting re-release but in no way it is better than NG2.

This is all that needs to be said about the matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VDAiYc_sy8A#t=127s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VDAiYc_sy8A#t=266s

They took a butcher knife to a game that only needed some minor fixing.

Edit: Although at least Sigma 2 was interesting. Sigma 1 is just a waste of time (every addition to the game was negative and mid-area load times lol). Ninja Gaiden Black is still the definitive NG1 version.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Not sure if pointed, but you know the whole "not the same game, not the same content" is the reason why they can port the game even though Nintendo published it?

Quite the biting back at Reggie's ass moment isn't it?

well I think with NG2 (was published by Microsoft on 360) they managed to get Sigma 2 on PS3 because it was actually a completely different game on a completely different engine (Sigma 2 was a remake-not port-that uses the Sigma engine while NG2 was on DOAX engine).

Not sure if it's the same thing here.

Skilletor

NG Sigma 2 is piss easy. It is an interesting re-release but in no way it is better than NG2.

This is all that needs to be said about the matter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VDAiYc_sy8A#t=127s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VDAiYc_sy8A#t=266s

They took a butcher knife to a game that only needed some minor fixing.

Edit: Although at least Sigma 2 was interesting. Sigma 1 is just a waste of time (every addition to the game was negative and mid-area load times lol). Ninja Gaiden Black is still the definitive NG1 version.

I just see somebody spamming invincible moves to avoid IS spam in NG2. That doesn't look like fun. /shrug

NGS2 might have less enemies, but at least the encounters were more balanced and allowed me to fight, even at higher difficulty levels. Pick your poison.

rvy

Banned
Team Nnjadog - Polishing turds EST 2011.

I guess people hate on Sigma just because of the Itagaki vs Hayashi thing.

No. People need to stop claiming that nonsensical shit. People hate on Σ because it's dumbed down in a lot of ways. I also don't give a flying fuck about your female characters. They suck.
You want to fix NG II? Lock down the framerate, balance the enemies (ie, turn down IS spam and disable off-screen attacks), make the boss fights something worthwhile and add extra costumes.
Don't bring down enemy numbers to NG levels, add a bunch of shitty, useless female characters, add a coule of GoW bosses and remove blood.

I just see somebody spamming invincible moves to avoid IS spam in NG2. That doesn't look like fun. /shrug

NGS2 might have less enemies, but at least the encounters were more balanced and allowed me to fight, even at higher difficulty levels. Pick your poison.

Meaning what? There's no skill involved in that? I'd like to see most of these Σ Master Ninja heroes finish NG II on Mentor.

The encounters are not more balanced. Moves are still slathered with invincibility but there is absolutely no opposition/difficulty anymore to counteract it. NG Sigma 2 is for Ninja Dogs who want to feel like Master Ninjas.

Respawn

Banned
Ninja Gaiden Black is still the best 3D Ninja Gaiden, without Itagaki the series is finished.

Sigma 2 is better than the atrocity[to harsh a word. A bit better] that was NG 2. So in that aspect you are wrong. Yeah there are dumb down issues but at the end of the day it's my opinion I guess.

NG Black is great. always will be.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
But according to people, there is no way it's releasing on other consoles because Nintendo is publishing it. So there is some hope of Bayonetta 2 releasing on other consoles.

Lol I'd wait and see what this actually is before getting too excited.

Especially since the Amazon links no longer work.

Sigma 2 is better than the atrocity[to harsh a word. A bit better] that was NG 2. So in that aspect you are wrong.

For every good thing Sigma 2 does, there's always one more thing it sucks at.

They smoothed out the framerate, at the expense of the visceral combat. They toned down/removed some of the shit boss fights, but saw fit to add some of their own(hello Statue of Liberty/Buddha statue!). They removed some of the bullshit off-screen projectile spam, at the cost of making the default normal difficulty a walk in the park(I don't think I died a single time playing through it initially). They changed around the shop system, limiting what, when and how many weapons you can upgrade, making essence borderline pointless(I had a huge surplus of it near the end of the game because there was nothing to buy with it). They also thought it was a great idea to add more levels into an already repetitive linear brawler, with overlong female warrior missions with their one-dimensional weapons and tedious slogs through narratively-pointless battles.

Not to mention it's NG2, so it's kinda a shit game anyway. They took a 5/10 game and made it a 5.5/10 game

I wouldn't use Sigma 2 as evidence of Team Ninja's skillset. They've been downhill on action games since NGB. Don't even get me started on Other M.

well I think with NG2 (was published by Microsoft on 360) they managed to get Sigma 2 on PS3 because it was actually a completely different game on a completely different engine (Sigma 2 was a remake-not port-that uses the Sigma engine while NG2 was on DOAX engine).

Not sure if it's the same thing here.
Microsoft only published NG2 in the west. Similarly, Nintendo's only publishing NG3RE in the west, I think this is probably happening.

Bayonetta 2 is a different matter entirely though. That's more akin to Gears of War for Microsoft or Heavy Rain for Sony. Ports are never happening.

PJX

Sigma 2 is better than the atrocity[to harsh a word. A bit better] that was NG 2. So in that aspect you are wrong. Yeah there are dumb down issues but at the end of the day it's my opinion I guess.

NG Black is great. always will be.

Nope you're wrong. Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma was dog shit especially when compared to NG2.

Skilletor

Meaning what? There's no skill involved in that? I'd like to see most of these Σ Master Ninja heroes finish NG II on Mentor.

Don't think I mentioned skill. Just said it doesn't look like fun. But, hey, if needing to repeat one thing over and over just to get through your shittily balanced battles is fun, go ahead. It does take a special kind of skill to do that.

Top Bottom