• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge listed for PS3/360 in Europe and dated for Japan

dan2026

I personally don't miss the blood. It had just as much as an effect on gameplay as the purple mist (outside of framerate issues, perhaps).
I do wish they'd add it back in Sigma 2 Plus or the Ninja Gaiden Sigma
1080p Next-Gen
HD Collection so people would stop complaining.

Oh come on, chopping ninjas to little bloody bits, was fun as hell.
It may make me sound like a bloodthirsty psycho, but its true and you know it!

Purple mist don't cut it!

SkylineRKR

Agreed that NG2 and NGBlack are the definitive versions, but if I'm remember correctly, Chapter 11 (14 in NGS2) was the only that was neutered that badly.

EDIT2: To clarify, not saying that the other chapters are the same, just that 11 is the most extreme example.

Well, the infamous Staircase scene is another one. And although the 360 game slowed to a crawl there, I thought it was beautiful.. almost intended, like poetry in motion. Or was it intended?

dan2026

I almost want to play Ninja Gaiden II again...almost.

That game pissed me off almost as much as it wowed me.

I really doubt they can turn NGIII into a good game, but if they can, fair play to them.

OmegaZero

Oh come on, chopping ninjas to little bloody bits, was fun as hell.
It may make me sound like a bloodthirsty psycho, but its true and you know it!

Purple mist don't cut it!

Chopping ninjas to bits was fun, whether the bits were bloody or covered in purple fairy dust.

Well, the infamous Staircase scene is another one. And although the 360 game slowed to a crawl there, I thought it was beautiful.. almost intended, like poetry in motion. Or was it intended?

That was later patched, IIRC.
But yeah, that's the most memorable part of NG2 for me.
EDIT: Also, I'm wrong. Other parts of the game have "ghost town" syndrome too. Oh well.

From the first 15 minutes or so, I can tell the framerate is still ass. The first wave of enemies (on normal) felt like NGS+ on Vita. :/

I can't comment much on gameplay yet. I need to play more. I'll do that later.

Ouch.
Please tell me it doesn't go below 30fps.

DR2K

Banned
Sigma games only work when the base game is solid I guess. Don't know why they can't get it right with NG3.

Jinroh

The framerate seems really awful. Sometimes it really slows down a lot, just like the original NG2 once did on xbox 360.

Dismemberment and charge are back, but from what I can see it's still the same game, and the combat mechanics don't change at all. It's better than 3, but it still lacking compared to the two first games.

If there's no update for the base game, I really don't feel like buying a sigma version of this game.

Robot Pants

"This is a game that runs at 30fps."

What.

Thanks for the video links though.

Oh yea I should have pointed out he doesn't really know what he's talking about. And he contradicts himself a lot with statements he made prior. But that video was mostly for the framerate.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
If this turns out to be real, I guess there won't just be only one group that felt duped by supporting Team Ninja Dog, all of you guys will now.

Foffy

Banned
If the PS3 version has a better framerate than the Wii U version (which I heard was the games biggest weakness compared to older versions) then I'll hop on that.

I wonder though. If this is real, and it looks to be so, what in the world did it mean for Nintendo to publish it for Wii U? Was it an exclusivity deal like Resident Evil: Revelations and Castlevania: Mirror of Fate?

Waiting for the inevitable inclusion of Rachel.

still this pleases me greatly. While NG3 is still a fundamentally broken game, there is a lot of fun to be had with razors edge. It's defintely a 7/10 game.

It's no NG2 but it will be a nice distraction till NGZ and hopefully A proper NG4 one day.

Liamario

Banned
From what I've played and read, the game isn't fixable. They should stop reminding people of the game and consider rebooting the series.

duckroll

A Japanese retailer also has (maybe accidentally?) spilled the existence and release date for PS3/360 version of Razor's edge (April 4th, 2013).

I don't know if the below link works from outside of Japan..

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/edigi/jan-4988615051111/

The listing there also confirms that it will contain all the WiiU DLC with playable Momiji and Kasumi. The pre-orders in Japan will also come with extra DLC costumes for all the playable characters.

Great news, they screwed the fan base with the original release, it will be a dick move to keep the game exclusive for WiiU but I wonder if they will bother to add new content.

Probably the sales combined of the original release and PS3/WiiU/360 Razor's Edge will be shit anyway.

From what I've played and read, the game isn't fixable. They should stop reminding people of the game and consider rebooting the series.

Fuck off with this shit.

Ninja gaiden does not need a fucking reboot.

It needs hayashit and co to look what worked with black and 2 and refine it. That is all.

duckroll

It's 7000 yen a full price game in Japan?, I hope they don't dare to release it for more than $30/30€ in the west.

Yes, it looks like a full price re-release. Maybe 1000yen cheaper than the "norm" these days for a "big" console game, but still, kinda lolz.

Pein

Banned
I made the mistake of buying it on wii u. that control pad sucks ass for ninja gaiden, gonna have to buy the pro controller or whatever the hell they're calling it.

It's 7000 yen a full price game in Japan?, I hope they don't dare to release it for more than $30/30€ in the west.

Call me a heathen but honestly, with the amount of content in the game. I won't begrudge them for a full price release. It may be sending the game to fail, but the way hayashits team seems to push out ports, they must be extremely efficient at them and make them extremely cheaply.

Any profit is profit.

at this point Ninja gaiden is the most ported franchise this generation.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
I made the mistake of buying it on wii u. that control pad sucks ass for ninja gaiden, gonna have to buy the pro controller or whatever the hell they're calling it.

Don't waste your money for this game. I bought a pro controller and it's even worse than the gamepad. The right analog stick gets in the way of the buttons. At least on the gamepad, it makes sense to have the layout as it is, but for the pro controller, something seems really off about the placement of the analog stick and buttons. Maybe I'm just too use to the 360/PS3 controllers though.

Also, people who held off on NG3 in hopes for a Sigma game or RE port, don't get your hopes up. This game is still a turd. Slow down is the least of the problems. It's really nothing like NGB or NG2.

Don't waste your money for this game. I bought a pro controller and it's even worse than the gamepad. The right analog stick gets in the way of the buttons. At least on the gamepad, it makes sense to have the layout as it is, but for the pro controller, something seems really off about the placement of the analog stick and buttons. Maybe I'm just too use to the 360/PS3 controllers though.

Also, people who held off on NG3 in hopes for a Sigma game or RE port, don't get your hopes up. This game is still a turd. Slow down is the least of the problems. It's really nothing like NGB or NG2.

Could you go into more detail please?

Call me a heathen but honestly, with the amount of content in the game. I won't begrudge them for a full price release.

If I have to pay full price I will, but I think it will be a nice gesture to all of us that trusted them and got screwed. The original release sold like crap, the WiiU version sold like crap and probably the brand it's damaged at this point, I'm not sure how many people will be willing to pay full price for it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
April 4th? 7000 Yen? This smells like something Famitsu could announce...today.

Another week, another Famitsu tease. (Okay, they don’t happen every week. But they happen a lot!) This week’s issue of the popular Japanese game magazine teases that “The ban on information for that popular title will be lifted.”

Also in the next issue, Famitsu will publish the top 30 games their readers are anticipating for 2013.

klee123

So this pretty much means third party developed games published by Nintendo don't necessarily guarantee exclusivity anymore. The fact that the name is exactly the same is pretty telling.

As my first Ninja Gaiden since NES days I had a blast playing it on my Wii U
It is still the only game I have finished in my backlog of 13 games

I complained every step of the way about how hard it was and how I found glitches and had to start from last save point because I fell off a boss into a void below but still alive. Tons of bad glitches. But the game was a kickass experience. Don't trust the haters try it yourself.

So this pretty much means third party developed games published by Nintendo don't necessarily guarantee exclusivity anymore. The fact that the name is exactly the same is pretty telling.

Yeah it would be reasonable to see Bayonetta 2 threads for PS360 now, unless this was a 6 month exclusive and this was Team Ninja's deal with Nintendo

dab0ne

Vita will be 30fps for sure, substancial price drop looks like the best way to go if you care about that stuff.

I can live with 30fps so long as it's an otherwise good port. I'll buy Sigma 3 day one if it releases at $30.

When did they? Look at all the RE4 ports. I'm surprised REmake didn't get ported to something. But in all fairness this "new" game is probably going to be sigma 3. Totally different. :p

As my first Ninja Gaiden since NES days I had a blast playing it on my Wii U
It is still the only game I have finished in my backlog of 13 games

I complained every step of the way about how hard it was and how I found glitches and had to start from last save point because I fell off a boss into a void below but still alive. Tons of bad glitches. But the game was a kickass experience. Don't trust the haters try it yourself.

there are no haters here.

if you haven't played black you don't understand how this series was once gaming perfection.

Seriously you are doing yourself a disservice. .
NG3 even razors edge is a pale pale imitation of what made the 3d gaidens great.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Could you go into more detail please?

I should note that I just started it about a week ago and haven't picked it up since. I've only played the first level.

Anyway, from what I remember -

No camera adjusting with the right trigger. The camera can only be panned using the right analog stick.

No obliteration techniques.

No Flying Swallow - you may get this later

No Izuna Drop - again, you may get this later.

Health recharging comes from using Ninpo.

Using Ninpo is a pain. I'm not sure how it builds, but I'm guessing it builds when killing people.

These might not seem like a big deal, but they fundamentally changed the game from the way they were before. Unlocking new weapons are given to you as you progress. In other words, you don't find them, the game just says you have them. I'm not sure there's any point in finding the golden scarabs either, but they are in there.

klee123

I can live with 30fps so long as it's an otherwise good port. I'll buy Sigma 3 day one if it releases at $30.

When did they? Look at all the RE4 ports. I'm surprised REmake didn't get ported to something. But in all fairness this "new" game is probably going to be sigma 3. Totally different. :p

Difference is that RE4 on Gamecube wasn't published by Nintendo.

Erethian

Depends on whether Nintendo funds development or not.

there are no haters here.

if you haven't played black you don't understand how this series was once gaming perfection.

Seriously you are doing yourself a disservice. .
NG3 even razors edge is a pale pale imitation of what made the 3d gaidens great.
Nope, I'm pleased enough with what I played this game was hard enough for my casual level skills I don't think Black would be a fun experience for me as it was for you. I know my limits :) I said I had a blast just be happy for me.

This is were the elite gamer does himself a disservice, it is harder to enjoy games when we already made up our mind on perfection.

"That Game" was perfection so anything below that standard is shit

or

"This Game" was the carbon copy the same as the last game, although I thought the last was perfection giving me the same experience all over again makes this one shit

the developer is stressed to try and deliver to your expectations and give you shit like Ninja Gaiden 3 beta version

Razor's Edge is not perfect but it is still a fun game

I should note that I just started it about a week ago and haven't picked it up since. I've only played the first level.

Anyway, from what I remember -

No camera adjusting with the right trigger. The camera can only be panned using the right analog stick.

No obliteration techniques.

No Flying Swallow - you may get this later

No Izuna Drop - again, you may get this later.

Health recharging comes from using Ninpo.

Using Ninpo is a pain. I'm not sure how it builds, but I'm guessing it builds when killing people.

These might not seem like a big deal, but they fundamentally changed the game from the way they were before. Unlocking new weapons are given to you as you progress. In other words, you don't find them, the game just says you have them. I'm not sure there's any point in finding the golden scarabs either, but they are in there.

You have to buy all the those main techniques, bare with it..

the camera adjustment is more personal preference. It wasn't in vanilla NG2 Or NGB either.

Ninpo builds from kills and SOB attacks. You have to use them more when you are closer to death.

Are you sure OTs are not there initially? Every video I have seen suggests otherwise. are you confusing them with UTs?

scarabs are karma multipliers I believe. The more you have, the more karma you earn.

Nope, I'm pleased enough with what I played this game was hard enough for my casual level skills I don't think Black would be a fun experience for me as it was for you. I know my limits :) I said I had a blast just be happy for me.

This is were the elite gamer does himself a disservice, it is harder to enjoy games when we already made up our mind on perfection.

"That Game" was perfection so anything below that standard is shit

or

"This Game" was the carbon copy the same as the last game, although I thought the last was perfection giving me the same experience all over again makes this one shit

the developer is stressed to try and deliver to your expectations and give you shit like Ninja Gaiden 3 beta version

Razor's Edge is not perfect but it is still a fun game

You have ninja dog and acolyte difficulties on black and NG2 respectively.

you don't have to be an elite gamer to appreicate how much better games these two are. Doing as you say is like me forming an opinion on metriod by just playing other M.

It's up to you but if you even played the first levels of both, on the lowest difficulties, you would realise it was never blind hate or fanboyism. NG3 is a fundamentally broken game in comparision to its predecessors.

Top Bottom