• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising demo up on JP PSN [Region Locked. No US/EU/Asia. Snake? Snaaaaake!]

Lerozz

Does the PAL version of ZOE HD contain the rising demo? I didn't see anything about it on the box so I presumed that they screwed us out of it

It should be. Here in Germany we have it like that. Has the sticker on the box though. Nearly bought it last week (for ZoE as well as the demo) until I heard the demo's coming out today. Downloaded it now, installed twice (up to 99%), then it froze my PS3 (had to pull the plug including the regular clean up after such a shutdown). Delayed my gym session, now I have to read this region lock shit. Rage over 9000. F*ck you up the *ss, Konami. :mad:

duckroll

The Rising demo is also locked on Asian (Region 3) PS3s. It appears that it will only work on actual pure Japanese systems. Whoa! Lol.

lupin23rd

Uncharted 1 demo iirc ?(but was not on purpose,ND didn't know or something like that and then changed it when people asked them and make it free region again)

When was the last time Konami made a PS3 game, let alone a PS3 demo? Maybe they just accidentally fucked up too... haha

This is bullshit, but at least I'm sitting here with a Japanese PS3...

WTF? The demo is region locked!
WTF! Why do it on a demo?

ID tagged consoles download ID tagged demos. And endless series of downloads controlled by publishers. Hardware control. Software control. Distribution control. And he who controls demos controls history.
HAHAHAHA!

How about just rent the zoe hd collection (if you can find), download the rising demo on disk, then return the game?
Negative. You need the ZoE HD disc to play the Rising demo. I tried and it prompts for the disc.

Anteater

The Rising demo is also locked on Asian (Region 3) PS3s. It appears that it will only work on actual pure Japanese systems. Whoa! Lol.

fuck my life

crying-cat1spj6g.gif

Shouta

Almost done downloading it. I've got a JP PS3 so it should work unless they're locking it for everyone!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Lol

Was gonna download so I could play it again without the disc. Also wanted to see if they fixed a few bugs and exploits from the ZoE collection build

oh well. maybe next week.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Gonna download it in a bit. Will post to gloat later.

region locked!?

NOOOOOO...and i was so happy too that i already have a jpn user/psn account set up for these occasions :(

ID tagged consoles download ID tagged demos. And endless series of downloads controlled by publishers. Hardware control. Software control. Distribution control. And he who controls demos controls history.

goddamnit LOL!

>_<

Let me ask you a question which will dictate how I will address you for the remainder of your natural life: are you defending this decision?
At least this this lame decision brought these gems of a response out.

I should've known something was going on since KoA and KoE haven't said when the demo would be available on PSN/Live in those territories. I'm guessing that we won't end up getting it until some time in January.

I still don't understand the point of region-locking, well, anything.

It really sucks for consumers and I don't mean to defend it at all, but for physical products, it at least has the potential to drive up sales in a specific region by preventing people in that region from importing (for example, Sega could have just made the Japanese Anarchy Reigns release region-locked so that people in America would have to buy the American version instead). So there is some logic behind it, I guess.

Region-locking a demo is pretty stupid, though.

Kusagari

I don't understand why it wouldn't come overseas.

Did the ZoE collection not have the demo in Japan?

Only way it would possibly make sense.

Top Bottom