graphics horse
graphics horse
does whatever a
graphics horse does
(12-08-2012, 03:42 AM)

Originally Posted by Izick

Psycho Mantis fucking with Snake or BB?

That's Sorrow.

Doesn't it even show raiden/raikov at one point? And possibly the Boss riding her horse which is now a flaming unicorn.
Last edited by Graphics Horse; 12-08-2012 at 03:45 AM.
blindrocket
(12-08-2012, 03:42 AM)
I really liked the trailer.

It's like Metal Gear Solid meets Jacobs Ladder, in a sense.
Kusagari
(12-08-2012, 03:43 AM)
There's no reason to think Psycho Mantis is the only dude in the MGS world who can fuck with people's heads.
CorySchmitz
(12-08-2012, 03:44 AM)
I can't believe how rad this whole thing is.
Seda
the worst pokemon
oops wrong thread lol
checkeredknight

Originally Posted by Kusagari

There's no reason to think Psycho Mantis is the only dude in the MGS world who can fuck with people's heads.

Quite possibly so. It would be awesome to see a prequel with a child version of Mantis messing with peoples minds, though. I think we're just being hopeful!
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Originally Posted by Kusagari

I'm not saying its PM but i really think it's a villain with kind of the same power.
Last edited by Sn4ke_911; 12-08-2012 at 03:48 AM.
pieatorium
(12-08-2012, 03:45 AM)

Originally Posted by Seda

AC3 DLC, Gears of War, and Spartan Ops trailers all started with "World Premiere"

Those are your likely remaining 3 :/

So did tomb raider. the 5 new things wasn't from GT but from Eurogamer

edit: I'm gonna leave this here to show it was Seda that baited me into posting in the wrong thread
Sn4ke_911
If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
(12-08-2012, 03:46 AM)

Originally Posted by checkeredknight

Quite possibly so. It would be awesome to see a prequel with a child version of Mantis messing with peoples minds, though. I think we're just being hopeful!

Yep.
Kusagari
(12-08-2012, 03:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Sn4ke_911

I'm not saying its PM but i really think it's a villain with kind of the same power.

That's what I'm saying. It's probably going to be an expy who looks exactly like him because Mantis can't fit in the timeline.
I NEED SCISSORS
Banned
(12-08-2012, 03:49 AM)
If it really is MGS, i'm beginning to think that Kojima thinks: "why bother making a coherent plot any more when you can just mindfuck people?"

As long as one post-credits telephone call to the president or one drop of Big Boss's jizz is in the wild, the show will go on indefinitely.
Rösti
Feel free to write down some basic questions and I will ask Jesper Hultén in a few hours (it's the middle of the night here in Sweden).
whitemex88
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Has anyone mentioned the white flower pedals, then the reaching towards them???
Last edited by whitemex88; 12-08-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Metalmurphy
Banned
(12-08-2012, 03:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Rösti

Feel free to write down some basic questions and I will ask Jesper Hultén in a few hours (it's the middle of the night here in Sweden).

lol, let the man sleep.
Ra1den
So uh...did I miss any cool hints or anything, other than what is in the OP? Haven't been watching and I feel like I missed some cool shit.
Anticitizen One
Banned
the studio is called moby dick and theres a giant ass whale at the end of the trailer
why would name of the studio tie into the actual game lol?
Jimmy Stav
Is the trailer available anywhere? YouTube took it down.
hank_tree
(12-08-2012, 03:51 AM)
New Ground Zeroes trailer plus release date at the end of the show. Believe.
Rösti

Originally Posted by Metalmurphy

lol, let the man sleep.

Hence why I wrote "in a few hours". Like noon.
ASTROID2
Kojima always does awesome stuff. Love that man.
DeVeAn
(12-08-2012, 03:52 AM)
Fucken Kojima...
WonkyPanda
(12-08-2012, 03:54 AM)
Vita port!

..BELIEVE
checkeredknight
(12-08-2012, 03:54 AM)

Originally Posted by I NEED SCISSORS

If it really is MGS, i'm beginning to think that Kojima thinks: "why bother making a coherent plot any more when you can just mindfuck people?

This has always been Kojima though, right? IMO he's been a long these lines for a while! I'll still happily lap up new Metal Gear stuff though.

Originally Posted by Sn4ke_911

Yep.

Well, at first I thought it was Mantis but then noticed the super long sleeves. I disregarded the fact it could be him but as a child, but looking back on it, it kinda fits. The legs look pretty long though... I honestly don't know what it is. 4am isn't the best time to be playing mind games with Kojima.
Forkball
(12-08-2012, 03:55 AM)
Did we just get Kojima'd? I don't know what's happening at all.
Seda
the worst pokemon
(12-08-2012, 03:56 AM)
Wrong thread again damn it
HardRojo
I just want Kojima to go and announce this is some kind of weird project tied to Ground Zeroes.
Shig
Strap on your hooker ...

Q: "Can you supply any timestamped photos of your studio that might indicate that you're not a hastily thrown-together ruse?"
BurnOutBrighter
Banned
(12-08-2012, 03:57 AM)
EDIT: Pro trolled by Kojima.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter; 12-08-2012 at 05:25 AM.
AuthenticM
(12-08-2012, 03:58 AM)

Ask him when and where was Moby Dick Games constituted.
sn00zer
(12-08-2012, 03:59 AM)
Moby Dick Studios

MDS even sounds like MGS
Vyse The Legend
Wiser than thou
(12-08-2012, 04:01 AM)

Originally Posted by BurnOutBrighter

This is the funniest reveal of the night. Judging by the ridiculousless of it all, it might actually be a MGS tie-in.

Dude... what? I give up.
PSY・S
(12-08-2012, 04:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Ra1den

So uh...did I miss any cool hints or anything, other than what is in the OP? Haven't been watching and I feel like I missed some cool shit.

Sky Chief
(12-08-2012, 04:02 AM)
The start with him waking up and the doctor was almost exactly like the weird Rising live action teasers. I thought it was Rising CG or something at first.
I NEED SCISSORS
Banned
(12-08-2012, 04:02 AM)

Originally Posted by checkeredknight

This has always been Kojima though, right? IMO he's been a long these lines for a while! I'll still happily lap up new Metal Gear stuff though

To an extent, but in spite of that i'd still make an honest defense for the story of 1-3 being coherent enough. From Portable Ops onwards (4 and a lot of Peace Walker especially), coherence appears to have been thrown aside for just the sensationalist mindfuck approach. It's gotten to the point where it's just like "oh so Snake's grandmother is his sister and that's why they managed to clone a 4th Snake who's been secretly amassing an army in Cambodia this whole time?". The MGS series' timeline was already at bursting point after just two games, and now anything new coming along just seems like diminishing returns that has to rely on shock value to excite.
CorySchmitz
(12-08-2012, 04:03 AM)
The fact that there was no publisher or website in the trailer is curious, too.
Mikey Jr.
Wasn't Big Boss in a coma sometime during the series?
B.K.
GAF made Forbes!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasoneva...ground-zeroes/

Speculation has exploded on NeoGAF, with one user stating “This is clearly an elaborate troll by Kojima.”

slightconfuse
(12-08-2012, 04:05 AM)
what if this is acompanion to ground zeros. a twin snake if you will
Despera
(12-08-2012, 04:07 AM)
Guys... I wanna see the trailer :(
BlazingDarkness
(12-08-2012, 04:08 AM)
One thing I can say is, I've not been more excited about the future of MGS in a long while
Thoraxes
(12-08-2012, 04:09 AM)
I just want to know what new experiment they're going to add to the universe to make it rival Les Enfants Terribles. If it is a new snake maybe?
checkeredknight
(12-08-2012, 04:09 AM)

Originally Posted by I NEED SCISSORS

To an extent, but in spite of that i'd still make an honest defense for the story of 1-3 being coherent enough. From Portable Ops onwards (4 and a lot of Peace Walker especially), coherence appears to have been thrown aside for just the sensationalist mindfuck approach. It's gotten to the point where it's just like "oh so Snake's grandmother is his sister and that's why they managed to clone a 4th Snake who's been secretly amassing an army in Cambodia this whole time?". The MGS series' timeline was already at bursting point after just two games, and now anything new coming along just seems like diminishing returns that has to rely on shock value to excite.

I do agree. Even little things don't add up in a lot of his games post-MGS3. I remember they reference Dr Madnar in MGS4 despite Snake himself firing like seven rockets into his back in the original Metal Gears. It wouldn't really be so much of a problem if the Solid games didn't reference the Metal Gear MSX titles so much. He does seem to, as you say, throw coherency out of the window in favour of references and shit like this.
infinityBCRT
(12-08-2012, 04:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Jarmel

GZ could be a BB game and Phantom Pain could be a Liquid Snake game. That would be amazing.

I have a feeling its some sort of clone of Big Boss or a clone of a clone of Big Boss. I guess it could be Big Boss before hes turned into a cyborg before MG2 as well.

Any indications of time period in this thing?
BurnOutBrighter
Banned
Yeah, definitely has that FOX Engine feel to it, especially on close up with the prosthetic arm.
Criminal Upper
Banned

Originally Posted by Mikey Jr.

Wasn't Big Boss in a coma sometime during the series?

Yeah, after Vietnam. He got super injured and was in a coma. This is also the timeframe where Zero stoles his sperm.
EatChildren
Chico is Quiet
(12-08-2012, 04:11 AM)

Originally Posted by whitemex88

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]Has anyone mentioned the white flower pedals, then the reaching towards them???

Ding ding ding.
Chuck Norris
What crazy trolling. Yes I riked it

Could it be Liquid? No other Snake has lost an arm that we know of. Though Solidus was all hidden under a mechanical suit.

Its like a crazy fusion of all the Snakes
Kard8p3
Don't know if it's been posted, too lazy to go look, but, in the original Ground Zeroes trailer, didn't we see a really burned up guy? Could be the same guy in this trailer that gets burnt.
HAMMEROFJUSTICE
didn't look through the whole thread, but did anyone also notice Joakim mOGREn. aka Project Ogre
Ra1den

Originally Posted by PSY・S

Oh snap!