• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

zulux21
(12-09-2012, 01:08 AM)
anyone in here play BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND on the vita. two questions how well does it play on the vita, and how long is the story?

random game recommendation... since I already recommended a space shooter for $2 earlier lets go with

this time.
it's a fun side scrolling shooter. Nothing amazing, but it's quite good for the price if you like the genre
cyborg009
(12-09-2012, 01:12 AM)
Takao do you see queues on your tumblr? I can't see on mines...
Takao
Hello friend!
Have you heard the good news about Medabots?!
(12-09-2012, 01:14 AM)

Originally Posted by cyborg009

Takao do you see queues on your tumblr? I can't see on mines...

Yes, I see one post with a PS All-Stars cover, and another with characters in armor.
cyborg009

Originally Posted by Takao

Yes, I see one post with a PS All-Stars cover, and another with characters in armor.

Eh so I can't meh...
Jeels
Anyone have a good Vita wallpaper for my Final Fantasy page. I found a nice Kingdom Hearts one (http://images.khinsider.com/Graphics...s/soravita.png), but there aren't any KH games on Vita.
The Grim Heaper
(12-09-2012, 01:17 AM)

Originally Posted by zulux21

anyone in here play BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND on the vita. two questions how well does it play on the vita, and how long is the story?

I don't have it on Vita, but I'd imagine that it plays pretty well(though it may be hard to do complex combos?) As for the story, it's better lengthy. Maybe... 7-10 hours if you don't skip the text and gets all the endings? Plus it has a bunch of other single player modes.

Originally Posted by Jeels

Anyone have a good Vita wallpaper for my Final Fantasy page. I found a nice Kingdom Hearts one (http://images.khinsider.com/Graphics...s/soravita.png), but there aren't any KH games on Vita.

Any specific Final Fantasy?
Jeels
(12-09-2012, 01:18 AM)

Originally Posted by The Grim Heaper

Any specific Final Fantasy?

PS/PS2 era FF's preferably. Or something that's more a celebration of the series as a whole. (Or mascots like Chocobo and Moogle).
Skyzard
(12-09-2012, 01:20 AM)
Great thread TE, nice one. Also that wakeup alarm clock screenshot...looks so good. Such a good idea that app.

Was playing Sonic Racing some more, some pretty trippy levels aswell as rather very impressive ones here, thankfully run great on the special modes like boost/drifting challenges:

Death-star:

If you don't like how it looks in the screenshot, trust me it looks fantastic in motion - a tonne of detail in some of these levels.

And that portable charger I bought (Ankel Astro3e).. can't figure it out with the vita, keeps disconnecting.
Last edited by Skyzard; 12-09-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Miutsu
(12-09-2012, 01:21 AM)
So, I finally got my white Vita from USA from some family who were there for a week, but it has a tiny scratch on the top screen that can be seen when the system is on, from either the way they brought it back to me or from when I told my sister to check the system in case it had dead pixels or whatever.

First (third) world problems? yeah, I'm a little mad either way >_>

Oh well
Last edited by Miutsu; 12-09-2012 at 01:25 AM.
Jeels
(12-09-2012, 01:27 AM)

Originally Posted by Skyzard

Was playing Sonic Racing some more, some pretty trippy levels aswell as rather very impressive ones here, thankfully run great on the special modes like boost/drifting challenges:

I thought this game wasn't out. :o
The Grim Heaper
(12-09-2012, 01:27 AM)

PS/PS2 era FF's preferably. Or something that's more a celebration of the series as a whole. (Or mascots like Chocobo and Moogle).

I found this Dissidia wallpaper and resized it a few minutes after searching, and I'm sure I can find more after a little while/when I get the time.

Out in EU, I believe.
Rasec
(12-09-2012, 01:29 AM)

In Europe is out. For other people it's this next Tuesday if i'm not mistaken.
Sleeplessnights
Banned
(12-09-2012, 01:32 AM)

Was playing Sonic Racing some more, some pretty trippy levels aswell as rather very impressive ones here, thankfully run great on the special modes like boost/drifting challenges

If you don't like how it looks in the screenshot, trust me it looks fantastic in motion - a tonne of detail in some of these levels.

This looks fantastic, the Vita might just be the platform that I actually dive into a kart racer again.
Skyzard
(12-09-2012, 01:35 AM)

Originally Posted by Sleeplessnights

This looks fantastic, the Vita might just be the platform that I actually dive into a kart racer again.

It's a great game, just be warned the framerate isn't 100% - yet, I'm hoping we'll get confirmation of another patch soon after NA release so I can relax :)
erpg
GAF parliamentarian
(12-09-2012, 01:36 AM)

Great thread TE, nice one. Also that wakeup alarm clock screenshot...looks so good. Such a good idea that app.

That Samba Studios shot...damn. There's so much going on. Adder's Lair shots?
QP3
(12-09-2012, 01:43 AM)
So i have been looking for vita deal ever since missing out on BF....

Just managed to place an order for the AC bundle through amazon warehouse deals for $185. Does anyone have experience with the amazon warehouse? (This is my first purchase through it...what should I expect for quality?)

Anyways, pretty excited! I also have $40 gift card...time to shop for some games!
Skyzard
(12-09-2012, 01:43 AM)

Originally Posted by Lyphen

That Samba Studios shot...damn. There's so much going on. Adder's Lair shots?

Coming right up.

Edit- Click for more screens: - sorry some got uploaded twice :S

It's a fun track! Looks good and hardly any lag even in race mode and in the lava.
Last edited by Skyzard; 12-09-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Lima
(12-09-2012, 01:45 AM)

This.

Why is Little Big Karting not on Vita?
zulux21
(12-09-2012, 01:46 AM)

Originally Posted by QP3

So i have been looking for vita deal ever since missing out on BF....

Just managed to place an order for the AC bundle through amazon warehouse deals for $185. Does anyone have experience with the amazon warehouse? (This is my first purchase through it...what should I expect for quality?)

Anyways, pretty excited! I also have $40 gift card...time to shop for some games!

i got my ps3 slim from AWD and it had a small scratch on the box and beyond that it was brand new.

the quality can range with AWD but in general I hear great things about their consoles from Cag. It really wouldn't be surprising if you got something that looked brand new even if their listing said it was only good.

the big thing is the description that they had with the system. they are usually pretty detailed about why it is listed as it is if there is anything wrong.
Sleeplessnights
Banned
(12-09-2012, 01:47 AM)

It's a great game, just be warned the framerate isn't 100% - yet, I'm hoping we'll get confirmation of another patch soon after NA release so I can relax :)

Is it horrid or rare? It runs at native-res which is amazing.
Monosukoi
(12-09-2012, 01:48 AM)

Originally Posted by Lima

This.

Pretty sure Sony have never heard of it.
Takao
Hello friend!
(12-09-2012, 01:50 AM)

This.

Because it sold 10 copies.
OmegaZero
(12-09-2012, 01:50 AM)

Originally Posted by TheSeks

The one in the cave. Took me another attempt to pass, but WTF who okay-ed that shit?

Ah yeah, that's the one. Took me two attempts as well, but I was straining not to toss my Vita out of the window.

1) Thanks to the Vita's d-pad, Blazblue plays extremely well on Vita. It looks almost indistinguishable from its console counterpart as well. 60fs, native res, but the sound quality is noticeably low when it comes to the standard grunts and yells.
2) The story is very lengthy. You have a story chapter for each character which lasts about 10-15 minutes each. Each of those has multiple paths and endings you can get, which at least triples the playtime there. Then you have the final "true" story which lasts about 10-15 minutes.
QP3
(12-09-2012, 01:53 AM)

i got my ps3 slim from AWD and it had a small scratch on the box and beyond that it was brand new.

the quality can range with AWD but in general I hear great things about their consoles from Cag. It really wouldn't be surprising if you got something that looked brand new even if their listing said it was only good.

the big thing is the description that they had with the system. they are usually pretty detailed about why it is listed as it is if there is anything wrong.

THey actually described it as "Like New" and includes everything from original. My hope is someone jumped on the BF deal, but decided to return it.

I also noticed how I have not (since the past ~2 weeks) seen this bundle listed under the AWD. However, just today I have seen 4 of them. I wonder if they have finally gathered back BF returns and have had time to check them over and prepare them to resell.
9thwonder
(12-09-2012, 01:54 AM)
Chances of pirate warriors 2 getting localized?
zulux21
(12-09-2012, 01:55 AM)

Originally Posted by OmegaZero

1) Thanks to the Vita's d-pad, Blazblue plays extremely well on Vita. It looks almost indistinguishable from its console counterpart as well. 60fs, native res, but the sound quality is noticeably low when it comes to the standard grunts and yells.
2) The story is very lengthy. You have a story chapter for each character which lasts about 10-15 minutes each. Each of those has multiple paths and endings you can get, which at least triples the playtime there. Then you have the final "true" story which lasts about 10-15 minutes.

ah cool... is it fine to start with that one or should I play a different one first. My only experiance with blazblue is a short time spent with the psp version with continuum shift 2, and I didn't mind it, but I know the games have a decent story and I am not sure what game has what story ><:

also I want to confirm that the vita version has the stylish style for fighitng... I am lame and prefer button mashing over real skill :P

Originally Posted by QP3

THey actually described it as "Like New" and includes everything from original. My hope is someone jumped on the BF deal, but decided to return it.

I also noticed how I have not (since the past ~2 weeks) seen this bundle listed under the AWD. However, just today I have seen 4 of them. I wonder if they have finally gathered back BF returns and have had time to check them over and prepare them to resell.

it should be fine, worst case you can return it, but in general I rarely hear bad things about the consoles.

Originally Posted by 9thwonder

I would guess 50/50 sadly as all both times it went on sale (NA or EU) most people in the blogs were WTH is this, and I haven't seen it on the top sellers list at all meaning it likely didn't sell amazingly.

personally I blame 4kids :/
Last edited by zulux21; 12-09-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Takao
Hello friend!
(12-09-2012, 01:56 AM)

Depends on how well the first sold in Europe.
Skyzard
(12-09-2012, 01:56 AM)

Is it horrid or rare? It runs at native-res which is amazing.

Somewhere in between (not horrid though) .. most people seem to not much problem but some notice dips near the water sections. It's still very playable, just hoping for improvements.. gotta let S0l know :)

@Lyphen - uploaded some screenshots of the track for you (edited my previous post with pic-link).
Last edited by Skyzard; 12-09-2012 at 02:02 AM.
The Grim Heaper
(12-09-2012, 02:01 AM)

In my dreams, 110% with dub and retail.

though I'm sure the first one sold like shit in NA so =/
OmegaZero
(12-09-2012, 02:02 AM)

ah cool... is it fine to start with that one or should I play a different one first. My only experiance with blazblue is a short time spent with the psp version with continuum shift 2, and I didn't mind it, but I know the games have a decent story and I am not sure what game has what story ><:

also I want to confirm that the vita version has the stylish style for fighitng... I am lame and prefer button mashing over real skill :P

It has a refresher on Blazblue: Calamity Trigger's story, so you should be alright.
And yes, there is a "Stylish" mode that autocombos and simplifies the controls for you.
zulux21
(12-09-2012, 02:04 AM)

Originally Posted by The Grim Heaper

In my dreams, 110% with dub and retail.

though I'm sure the first one sold like shit in NA so =/

I didn't help the sales in NA at all. If they had released it physically I would have preordered it, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it digitally.

I am hoping that the second one comes over and has co op. I don't mind the warriors games but I only really enjoy them playing co op with my wife, thus the lack of co op in pirate warriors was a deterrent to buying it
Takao
Hello friend!
(12-09-2012, 02:06 AM)
North America wasn't even the secondary market for One Piece Muso, chill and hope it sold well in Europe. Scamco did you guys a favour even releasing it on PSN. FMA: Brotherhood PSP, and Saint Seiya: Battle Sanctuary were localized only for EU.
hitmon
(12-09-2012, 02:07 AM)

I didn't help the sales in NA at all. If they had released it physically I would have preordered it, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy it digitally.

I am hoping that the second one comes over and has co op. I don't mind the warriors games but I only really enjoy them playing co op with my wife, thus the lack of co op in pirate warriors was a deterrent to buying it

Yup, going digital-only caused them to lose a sale from me as well. I really wanted it, but I just don't have the hard drive space. If 2 ever comes out to NA, it would most likely be digital only.
Jeels
(12-09-2012, 02:09 AM)

This.

I would be all over LBP Karting on Vita. :L Should have been one of the cross buy titles. Would have helped getting that community flourishing too if the levels were cross play.
erpg
GAF parliamentarian
(12-09-2012, 02:09 AM)

@Lyphen - uploaded some screenshots of the track for you (edited my previous post with pic-link).

So good. Minor framerate issues aside, I think we're in for a treat.

I'm already in love with the PS3 version. Best kart racer since Diddy Kong Racing.
Last edited by erpg; 12-09-2012 at 02:15 AM.
abstemious
(12-09-2012, 02:10 AM)

There is an option to catch up on the Blazblue story before you start the CS stories proper if you want. The Vita also has the Stylish mode, which is annoying online as I get destroyed by the people using it.
The Grim Heaper

Yeah, I'm a gigantic One Piece fan so I had to gobble it up as soon as the store went live. I would have preferred retail, but I gotta live with the cards that are dealt... ):

And PW has co-op! Online and offline, I believe. I can check in a few minutes to see if it has offline, if you'd like.

EDIT: It does indeed have online and offline co-op!
Last edited by The Grim Heaper; 12-09-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Sleeplessnights
Banned

Somewhere in between (not horrid though) .. most people seem to not much problem but some notice dips near the water sections. It's still very playable, just hoping for improvements.. gotta let S0l know :)

Well that sounds good, I would love to know when the patch comes out but it doesn't sound like a deal breaker. I may get this eventually, which will be kinda cool since this game looks like it's a lot of fun to begin with.
PSY・S
(12-09-2012, 02:13 AM)
Sonic Racing looks amazing. Is there a Vita demo?
Twinduct
(12-09-2012, 02:14 AM)
Skyzard, add me on PSN.
Want to test MP :p

PSN: Twind404
tamaster92
(12-09-2012, 02:17 AM)
I'm amazed their isnt a flight game on vita yet. Seems like a natural fit
OmegaZero
(12-09-2012, 02:19 AM)

Originally Posted by tamaster92

NEED ACE COMBAT VITA IN MY VEINS

I don't care if it's PS2 ports.

On that note, From should give us an Armored Core for Vita. I'll even take a FA port.
VanWinkle

random game recommendation... since I already recommended a space shooter for $2 earlier lets go with

this time.
it's a fun side scrolling shooter. Nothing amazing, but it's quite good for the price if you like the genre

I agree! It's really fun.

And that portable charger I bought (Ankel Astro3e).. can't figure it out with the vita, keeps disconnecting.

AWESOME screenshots Skyzard! Thanks! Almost looks like there might even be some motion blur if you look at the bottom of the track, at least in one of those shots (I may be wrong, though).
BlueMaxima

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ht-inceptiontm
Sleeplessnights
Banned
(12-09-2012, 02:21 AM)

It would be awesome if Sony announces a Pilot ni Narou game for the Vita. "Pilot ni Narou V"

And make Pilot ni Narou for the PS One available in the PSN.
Takao
Hello friend!
(12-09-2012, 02:24 AM)

Ace Combat PSP 2 is only $40 on PSN, and I Am An Airport Traffic Commander is $20
tamaster92
(12-09-2012, 02:24 AM)

Originally Posted by BlueMaxima

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ht-inceptiontm

Already backed :p

Isn't out till August
xKilltheMx
(12-09-2012, 02:28 AM)

Ace Combat PSP 2 is only $40 on PSN, and I Am An Airport Traffic Commander is $20

ONLY $40 WHAT A STEALLLLL
Jamix012
(12-09-2012, 02:30 AM)

Because it sold 10 copies.

That's like 8 more copies than PSAS!
Last edited by Jamix012; 12-09-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Takao
Hello friend!
(12-09-2012, 02:31 AM)

Originally Posted by xKilltheMx

ONLY $40 WHAT A STEALLLLL

And it's only 2 and a half years old!!!