• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(12-11-2012, 11:45 PM)
Well, this is somewhat surprising given the sales, but sure, why not.

These job postings just went up on Gamasutra along with a bunch of others.

Originally Posted by Gamasutra

ART DIRECTOR

SuperBot Entertainment, Inc. is a fresh, new independent game studio located in way cool Culver City, California.

We are an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America and recently released our first title - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, for PS3. SuperBot’s exceptional - yet humble - crew is comprised of long-time industry veterans and creative powerhouses who have worked on some of the most groundbreaking and successful titles that the games industry has ever seen.

Overview

A project such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which by definition brings together elements ranging from an incredibly wide range of artistic styles, requires a strong and unifying vision to present a cohesive and polished product. The Art Director is responsible for defining this vision, guiding the creation of art assets from concept through completion while helping develop new technology to facilitate this and maintain proper performance. In addition, the Art Director is responsible for guiding the overall advancement of the Art Department, through skills development of art teams and with an eye to the future across multiple projects. He or she will work with the art leads to guide all visual aspects of the game, including UI, front end shell, concept art, environments, characters, animation, effects, and cinematics. He or she will work with the programming leads in the planning, prioritizing and implementation of new technology. He or she will also represent SuperBot to external vendors, IP holders, and the publisher, explaining and demonstrating the vision and how individual characters, environments, or other assets will fit.

Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx...ccountno=83336

Originally Posted by Gamasutra

GAME DESIGNER / IMPLEMENTER

SuperBot Entertainment, Inc. is a fresh, new independent game studio located in way cool Culver City, California.

We are an exclusive developer of Sony Computer Entertainment America and recently released our first title - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, for PS3. SuperBot’s exceptional - yet humble - crew is comprised of long-time industry veterans and creative powerhouses who have worked on some of the most groundbreaking and successful titles that the games industry has ever seen.

EXPERIENCE REQUIRED

• Must have a near encyclopedic knowledge of modern games, with emphasis on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

• Knowledge of fighting games, their systems and mechanics a serious plus

Source: http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx...ccountno=83336
kirblar
(12-11-2012, 11:46 PM)
PS4 Launch Title?
Leezard
It's Just the
Sweet Scent of Butane
(12-11-2012, 11:47 PM)
Cool, I really enjoy the game. Hopefully they address the many issues of the first game in the sequel.
-Pyromaniac-
Probably didn't cost much to make the game or something.
Canis lupus
1. Please make your new game 3D (powerstone)
2. Don't base it on supers alone, I like variety
3. Do something about the presentation, even the limited steelbook was shit
4. Content
erpg
GAF parliamentarian

A project such as PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which by definition brings together elements ranging from an incredibly wide range of artistic styles, requires a strong and unifying vision to present a cohesive and polished product.

Well, at least they're looking to fix one glaring fault in the future.
jbug617
Maybe more help on DLC characters.
Karsticles

• Must have a near encyclopedic knowledge of modern games, with emphasis on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Apply away, GAF!
Wario64
works for Gamestop (lol)
(12-11-2012, 11:48 PM)
Already prepping for the Super version
Cudder
Should have hired a UI designer first.
Derrick01
Banned
Maybe next time they can sell more copies than they give away.

The game was ok I guess but it has a lot of problems that need fixing. The lineup needs to be a hell of a lot better too.
ezekial45
I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
Glad to see they're still moving forward. I think we were all surprised by how little that game sold.
Revolutionary
Sounds good to me - the game is very fun.
Hot Coldman
(12-11-2012, 11:49 PM)
It'd be great if this series follows the same release schedule as Smash. First title late in a console cycle, second title super early. Just call it PSAS: Melee. :lol

In seriousness, though, I hope this means the scope for the next game is a lot bigger.
kirblar

Originally Posted by Karsticles

Apply away, GAF!

• Must have a near encyclopedic knowledge of modern games,

Check.

with emphasis on PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

......no check.
goomba
PSAS Kart
PSAS Golf
PSAS Tennis
PSAS Party
PSAS Dance
Noi
(12-11-2012, 11:50 PM)
PlayStation All-Stars Karting
I-hate-u
PABR is a good start riddled with stupid drawbacks. Please make the next game in the vein of Marvel vs Capcom. PLZ SUPERBOT!!!!!!!
BlazingDarkness
Everything about this game was underwhelming since its original reveal.
The (lack of) marketing was the nail in the coffin.
-Pyromaniac-
I have no experience with any game making tools but I feel like I have a lot to add. Hit me up SuperBot. We got this.
Brazil
(12-11-2012, 11:51 PM)
I was sure they'd take the usual Sony developer route.
ThoughtsOfSpeaking
But not of thinking first
should of used the anarchy reigns format.

that game with licensed characters would of been amazing.
Santar
This sort of thing is one of the things I think Sony does wrong.
They keep on pouring money into franchises that just does not sell all that well.
They have a lot of first party series now, but my impression is that very few of them have actually sold as well as say Halo or Gears.

I just hope sony doesn't bleed themselves dry doing this sort of thing.
Wuthering_Heights
Playstation All-Stars Sports Resort.

Bowling, Hang Gliding, Golf, Bocci, and Sailing.
cyborg009
Well they did pretty nice work on Parappa the Rapper stage which made me want another Parappa game.
Shaffield
lol, finding a new art director is definitely a good move

PSAS is pretty damned ugly
sn00zer

Originally Posted by I-hate-u

PABR is a good start riddled with stupid drawbacks. Please make the next game in the vein of Marvel vs Capcom. PLZ SUPERBOT!!!!!!!

NoOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
We need more four player fighting games....so many 2d one on one fighters already
BadAss2961
(12-11-2012, 11:52 PM)
PSABR bombed? That sucks, but it's not surprising.

Would've probably made the perfect launch game for PS4.
dimb
Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sony must really hate money.
antonz
Sony is desperate for the brand to success so they will try again. They just don't get their catalog of characters blows for this type of game.

Why would a character that rips out eyeballs and practically shits down necks be play fighting with a sackboy.
El Sloth
watch me play my flute
I have this feeling the game might do decently this holiday for some reason. Probably has to do with all the talk I'm hearing from random dudes about the game in my neck of the woods.

Well, I'm still looking forward to what these guys can put out that's not PSASBR.
funkystudent
It took a few months before sony let Lightbox and Eat Sleep Play go.

I would not say they are out of the woods just yet but I do hope this is a sign.
zomgbbqftw
Pay attention.
They must work for no money. I have heard ridiculously low estimates for how much is cost Sony to get PSABR out of the door and onto shelves, maybe the estimates are right if Sony are funding a sequel despite poor initial sales and a generally poor reception.

I suppose it is an easy and cheap game for them to bundle with Vita and PS3.
darkside31337
Tomodachi wa Mahou
(12-11-2012, 11:53 PM)
Would be fun if it wasn't a Smash type of game this time around.

Power Stone please.
AgentP
(12-11-2012, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by Santar

This sort of thing is one of the things I think Sony does wrong.
They keep on pouring money into franchises that just does not sell all that well.
They have a lot of first party series now, but my impression is that very few of them have actually sold as well as say Halo or Gears.

I just hope sony doesn't bleed themselves dry doing this sort of thing.

Yes, please make a dude bro shooter and milk it to death. I don't want variety and I surely don't want to play any game that don't sell millions and have Dorito and Axe Body spray tie-ins.
Tagg9
(12-11-2012, 11:55 PM)

Originally Posted by zomgbbqftw

They must work for no money. I have heard ridiculously low estimates for how much is cost Sony to get PSABR out of the door and onto shelves, maybe the estimates are right if Sony are funding a sequel despite poor initial sales and a generally poor reception.

I suppose it is an easy and cheap game for them to bundle with Vita and PS3.

Maybe that's why they didn't pony up the cash to Activision for Crash/Spyro?

In any case, they must expect the brand to grow.
Lagspike_exe
I like how they haven't even mentioned the Vita version. That 8k Vita NPD was probably devastating, despite crossbuy.
I-hate-u

Originally Posted by sn00zer

NoOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
We need more four player fighting games....so many 2d one on one fighters already

They tried to emulate the style of SSB and they got shat on by many of the FGC.GoW: Ascension will fulfill your power-stone needs. Umvc3/Mvc2 are the most creative and hype game this gen and last for a big reason. The Marvel template is so perfect for crossovers. I almost want Capcom to do PABR 2 since Marvel seems to not want make a new Mahvel follow up :(
meltingparappa

Originally Posted by TurkishEmperor

1. Please make your new game 3D (powerstone)

This is such a good idea for a million reasons.

Making it so 90% like Smash Brothers but then changing the scoring system felt so bizarre.
Noi

Originally Posted by Wuthering_Heights

Playstation All-Stars Sports Resort.

Bowling, Hang Gliding, Golf, Bocci, and Sailing.

Why not Archery? Granted Kratos would be OP there too.
Wuthering_Heights

Originally Posted by AgentP

Yes, please make a dude bro shooter and milk it to death. I don't want variety and I surely don't want to play any game that don't sell millions and have Dorito and Axe Body spray tie-ins.

Fuck yes. More Gears and Halo, please!
thuway
(12-11-2012, 11:56 PM)

This time with more Cloud!! Fuck the haters, and the people who wanted the first title to fail. It was an incredible title.

For the next game I want to see:
1. ICO/SotC/Gran Turismo/Dark Cloud/Legend of Dragoon etc.
2. Better graphics. The game looks good, but it could really be taken up a few notches.
3. Crazier, zanier, and more colorful stages!
Last edited by thuway; 12-11-2012 at 11:59 PM.
Canis lupus
(12-11-2012, 11:57 PM)
Dont cha'll think Power stones style of gameplay is better suited for a Playstation brawler? Many characters originate from 3D games so it won't be much of a problem translating their movesets.

Imagine them in dynamic 3D stages rather than backgrounds and platforms being changed.
Randdalf
No posting for a UI designer?
enzo_gt
Banned
Maybe they're hoping to make some return/get somewhere/add Crash in the second. Glad it's looking like the second wasn't cancelled, I guess.
prwxv3
The budget must have been small. It sure looked like it. The things they should hire I UI guy , make a unified artstyle, get more/better characters, and they need to choose the direction they want the game to go.
Hero
I can't see how they would waste resources to make a sequel to this already.
Kokonoe
Banned
Get rid of the Little Big Planet kart racer and make a Playstation All-Stars kart racer.

I need all the kart racers I can get.
ChanDangle
(12-11-2012, 11:58 PM)
Fuck yes!!!
Uraizen
(12-11-2012, 11:58 PM)

Originally Posted by TurkishEmperor

Dont cha'll think Power stones style of gameplay is better suited for a Playstation brawler? Many characters originate from 3D games so it won't be much of a problem translating their movesets.

I'd prefer a fighter to a brawler.