• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

M3d10n
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:35 PM)
M3d10n's Avatar
The real challenge starts now: executing code in user mode via save exploits is one thing, finding vulnerabilities that allow other ROMs to be loaded is a completely different game.
Persona86
Banned
(12-16-2012, 11:35 PM)
Why did I think it was already hacked?
wrowa
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:36 PM)
wrowa's Avatar
I just want it to be region free. :(
Unicorn
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:39 PM)
Unicorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Drago


Who knows if it will amount to anything. If it means no more region lock, hell yeah.

All I want.
Spike
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:39 PM)
Spike's Avatar
If they can remove the region lock and allow us to install our retail games onto SD card, then I'd bite.
hunnies28
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:44 PM)
hunnies28's Avatar
When does a hack become not fake without an actual release? Not really involved in the scene but actually curious upon reading some of the comments.
Heavy
Banned
(12-16-2012, 11:44 PM)
Heavy's Avatar

Originally Posted by xxbrothawizxx63

I feel bad for Nintendo if this is true, but fuck it, they brought it on themselves with region lock and the fact that they suck at promoting localizations. Hope it's real.

It would have been hacked even if it didn't have region lock, so Nintendo didn't bring anything on themselves.
cyberheater
PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 XBOX PS4 PS4
(12-16-2012, 11:45 PM)
cyberheater's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heavy

It would have been hacked even if it didn't have region lock, so Nintendo didn't bring anything on themselves.

It lends the hacker a form of legitimacy though...
EuropeOG
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:46 PM)
EuropeOG's Avatar
dat proof!
ffdgh
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:49 PM)
ffdgh's Avatar

Originally Posted by Heavy

It would have been hacked even if it didn't have region lock, so Nintendo didn't bring anything on themselves.

Hmm true but it brought more of an incentive to hack the 3ds.
Petrie
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:52 PM)
Petrie's Avatar
Let's hope so. Having to use separate carts for a portable library in this day and age is why I don't have a 3DS yet.
Tenki
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:53 PM)
Tenki's Avatar

Originally Posted by ffdgh

Hmm true but it brought more of an incentive to hack the 3ds.

It brought more of an excuse to hack the 3DS, and then do *stuff*.
Lonely1
Junior Member
(12-16-2012, 11:54 PM)
Lonely1's Avatar
It could be just displaying a hacked DS program, just saying.

Originally Posted by Petrie

Let's hope so. Having to use separate carts for a portable library in this day and age is why I don't have a 3DS yet.

Pretty much all (new) games are being released digitally too nowadays.
Kerub
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:55 PM)
Kerub's Avatar

Originally Posted by Persona86

Why did I think it was already hacked?

You can use DS flashcards on 3DS. Maybe that's what you were thinking about?
Avallon
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:57 PM)
Avallon's Avatar
I just want to play Project X Zone without spending $400. Please let this be true.
Lonely1
Junior Member
(12-16-2012, 11:58 PM)
Lonely1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Avallon

I just want to play Project X Zone without spending $400. Please let this be true.

3DS could be totally hacked and is still likely that you won't be able to do that.
Avallon
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:59 PM)
Avallon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonely1

3DS could be totally hacked and is still likely that you won't be able to do that.

Explain :(
Petrie
Member
(12-16-2012, 11:59 PM)
Petrie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonely1


Pretty much all (new) games are being released digitally too nowadays.

And if it was better with pricing that'd be great, but it seems to be the reverse, and I don't pay the same price for digital versions of most games. Steam has spoiled me.

But even removing that, having it only be part of the library means I'm not interested.
cyberheater
PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 XBOX PS4 PS4
(12-17-2012, 12:00 AM)
cyberheater's Avatar
Homebrew in 3D could be very interesting.

I'd love to see something like space invaders or even a homebrew version of the Starwars wireframe arcade game done in 3D.
Mitama
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:00 AM)
Mitama's Avatar
Would be awesome if we get something out of this. I won't have to import a US 3DS then! :D
grimshawish
Banned
(12-17-2012, 12:00 AM)
So basically...this as of now...is nothing...?

Originally Posted by cyberheater

Homebrew in 3D could be very interesting.

I'd love to see something like space invaders or even a homebrew version of the Starwars wireframe arcade game done in 3D.

Homebrew hardly ever interests me as I just think its a waste of time on something that can be done better on other platforms; but 3D is a very interesting addition that nothing else can offer like the 3DS can.
liger05
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:01 AM)
liger05's Avatar
All I want is region free. Give me that and boy suddenly my very good 3DS becomes epic!
Lonely1
Junior Member
(12-17-2012, 12:04 AM)
Lonely1's Avatar

Originally Posted by Avallon

Explain :(

Here:

Originally Posted by M3d10n

The real challenge starts now: executing code in user mode via save exploits is one thing, finding vulnerabilities that allow other ROMs to be loaded is a completely different game.

Even if they get pass that, getting over region restriction probably requires a hacked (custom) firmware.
Avallon
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:05 AM)
Avallon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonely1

Here:



Even if they get pass that, getting over region restriction probably requires a hacked (custom) firmware.

Region locks suck :\

Hopefull Sony's next console will stick with the current "open" formula.
Relaxed Muscle
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:06 AM)
Relaxed Muscle's Avatar
PSX emu with 3D? Yes, please
ohlawd
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:06 AM)
ohlawd's Avatar

Originally Posted by M3d10n

The real challenge starts now: executing code in user mode via save exploits is one thing, finding vulnerabilities that allow other ROMs to be loaded is a completely different game.

No one wants the latter. Eff that noise.
Lonely1
Junior Member
(12-17-2012, 12:07 AM)
Lonely1's Avatar

Originally Posted by ohlawd

No one wants the latter. Eff that noise.

People who want region free do, though.
cyberheater
PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 XBOX PS4 PS4
(12-17-2012, 12:08 AM)
cyberheater's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relaxed Muscle

PSX emu with 3D? Yes, please

Or indeed SM64 in 3D. I'd go out and buy one tomorrow if that was possible. I wonder if the controls would map okay?
Tagg9
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:08 AM)
Tagg9's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relaxed Muscle

PSX emu with 3D? Yes, please

Wow, people are really getting ahead of themselves haha.
Petrie
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:08 AM)
Petrie's Avatar

Originally Posted by ohlawd

No one wants the latter. Eff that noise.

Speak for yourself. I want to be able to load my whole library onto a cart.
Avallon
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:08 AM)
Avallon's Avatar

Originally Posted by Relaxed Muscle

PSX emu with 3D? Yes, please

Don't developers have to code their product to work with 3D? Not everything you put on that screen just magically becomes 3D (Devil Survivor 3Ds)
Foffy
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:10 AM)
Foffy's Avatar
Couldn't it just as easily be a DS homebrew executed to show this text on the 3DS? There are a number of DS flashcards that work on 3DS..

I'll wait for something more concrete, but I'll see how it goes in regards of hacks if it's true. You all know some game won't be released worldwide even if it's in English, and region locking is a fucking cancer for enthusiastic consumers like us.
baekshi
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:10 AM)
baekshi's Avatar
please let the 3DS play japanese games
ohlawd
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:11 AM)
ohlawd's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonely1

People who want region free do, though.

Originally Posted by Petrie

Speak for yourself. I want to be able to load my whole library onto a cart.

I read that post thinking about piracy. Like uploading the contents and posting it on the net so everyone else can download it.

I don't care what you do with your own games. Petrie, I'd do the same to my own collection.
WillyFive
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:12 AM)
WillyFive's Avatar

Originally Posted by Avallon

Don't developers have to code their product to work with 3D? Not everything you put on that screen just magically becomes 3D (Devil Survivor 3Ds)

N64 emulators and Dolphin can make games work in 3D.
Avallon
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:13 AM)
Avallon's Avatar

Originally Posted by WillyFive

N64 emulators and Dolphin can make games work in 3D.

Really? Is there any proof of this? Why do you mention Dolphin (Wii/GameCube)?
Jockel
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:13 AM)
Jockel's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonely1

It could be just displaying a hacked DS program, just saying.

Nope, because then the whole top screen wouldn't be illuminated.
Petrie
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:14 AM)
Petrie's Avatar

Originally Posted by ohlawd

I read that post thinking about piracy. Like uploading the contents and posting it on the net so everyone else can download it.

I don't care what you do with your own games. Petrie, I'd do the same to my own collection.

Well 3DS Roms are already on the internet aren't they?

Unfortunately this would let them be played, but frankly I care more about my ability to load all my games conveniently than I do a bunch of pirates getting to play for free. They aren't going to buy the games anyways, so don't neuter the convenience of my stuff on account of them.
wrowa
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:16 AM)
wrowa's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kerub

You can use DS flashcards on 3DS. Maybe that's what you were thinking about?

That being said, wasn't it said that Nintendo was able to "brick" 3DS's that run unknown programms? They never followed suit, did they?
tenchir
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:20 AM)
tenchir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Avallon

Really? Is there any proof of this? Why do you mention Dolphin (Wii/GameCube)?

Stereoscopy support can be added to any emulator for 3D games like Mario 64 or Crash Bandicoot because of z depth.
I NEED SCISSORS
Banned
(12-17-2012, 12:24 AM)

Originally Posted by Avallon

Really? Is there any proof of this? Why do you mention Dolphin (Wii/GameCube)?

I might be mistaken but I think that's achieved using iZ3D and 3D Vision. With those, I think there is some sort of logic which allows any game to become 3D (with varying degrees of success).
cyberheater
PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 XBOX PS4 PS4
(12-17-2012, 12:32 AM)
cyberheater's Avatar

Originally Posted by I NEED SCISSORS

I might be mistaken but I think that's achieved using iZ3D and 3D Vision. With those, I think there is some sort of logic which allows any game to become 3D (with varying degrees of success).

I tried the gamecube version of F-Zero under emulation on my PC using 3D version. The 3D was absolutely incredible and deep. The geometry to work out the 3D is already in the scene.
nasos_333
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:34 AM)
nasos_333's Avatar
I will eventually be able to download Bravely Default from Japan store ?

Tears running down :), i so want that game


Originally Posted by baekshi

please let the 3DS play japanese games

That !!!!!

I want games like Ni no Kuni and Bravely Default more than anything on DS-3DS and they are the ones not coming to US :(
Spike
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:34 AM)
Spike's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lonely1

Pretty much all (new) games are being released digitally too nowadays.

While true, I haven't paid more than $20 new for any 3DS game at retail. I can't get that with digital. And I still don't trust Nintendo with their DRM tied to the original purchasing console nonsense...
Petrie
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:40 AM)
Petrie's Avatar

Originally Posted by Spike

While true, I haven't paid more than $20 new for any 3DS game at retail. I can't get that with digital. And I still don't trust Nintendo with their DRM tied to the original purchasing console nonsense...

This.

Flash cart or bust.
upandaway
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:42 AM)
upandaway's Avatar
Like everyone said, region lock. Region lock region lock region lock.

If they can get the region free going, I buy a 3DS XL at that same second, just to avoid the impending firmware update. Region free systems save me so much money that otherwise goes nowhere important.
M3d10n
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:45 AM)
M3d10n's Avatar

Originally Posted by ohlawd

No one wants the latter. Eff that noise.

It's almost inevitable if they get unsigned code running. Your region free gaming does not come without consequences.
-PXG-
-dry humper-
(12-17-2012, 12:46 AM)
-PXG-'s Avatar
Overriding region locking alone would be amazing.
Unicorn
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:49 AM)
Unicorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by cyberheater

Homebrew in 3D could be very interesting.

I'd love to see something like space invaders or even a homebrew version of the Starwars wireframe arcade game done in 3D.

Virtual Boy emulator with 3D
sixteen-bit
Member
(12-17-2012, 12:51 AM)
sixteen-bit's Avatar
Kill the region lock and you've sold me on a 3DS XL. I'll just import a black one.

Thread Tools